Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11948563 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) ... (16363) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:40pm On May 25, 2018
Petrobros:

Reason why you will always form alliance with forgiveness. Co-tribalists
Anumpama. Typical brain dead onye IPOB. Of course I'm Yoruba to your pea brained self.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2018
Petrobros:

The bolded is exactly the point.

See, I used to defend him myself before. You are relatively new on this thread. The oldies here know him better.

Petrobros. We have gone past such issues please. Lets discuss football please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2018
kennysville:

the dude is a ghanaian fool! I dont resort to name calling but at this stage i dont think I give a flying eff!

Yall know naija as we be. Who would refer to our team using the word "your"? Ask him wetin him want for his team, he cant say. Ask him to mention the replacements he has in mind, nothing! He just dey blab dey ask people around him to translate what he wants to say so he can seem original. Whoever dey translate for am, thunder fire am.

Fake ass hater. Him no even sabi hate, him dey do guerilla warfare

They are enjoying the attention and how you feel when they provoke you. That is just their aim.

Just ignore abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 2:43pm On May 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Na so dem dey take beg enter national team? grin grin grin grin

Players wey dey beg Governor to pay them their outstanding salaries and bonuses. That's why I was wondering what brought MRI into it.
oga icon, that pic you quoted, can you please explain Wat was happening. It actually caught my attention.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:45pm On May 25, 2018
Icon4s:

They are enjoying the attention and how you feel when they provoke you. That is just their aim.

Just ignore abeg.

Ol boy I nor dey ignore O! Me dey ready to take them on. At the end of it all, who dey go world cup? Na ghana? Make dem wait 2022 na!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:46pm On May 25, 2018
confun:
oga icon, that pic you quoted, can you please explain Wat was happening. It actually caught my attention.

Madam, it was Rivers United players begging the Executive Governor of Rivers state for their unpaid sign on fee. The players had earlier gone on strike and the Governor in return threatened to disband the club. And it became a case of the hunter becomes the hunted. Men come lie down begin beg Governor o. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:50pm On May 25, 2018
True Kwame
hardwerk:

Average team ---issagoal
Group stage exit------ issagoal joor

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2018
kennysville:

Ol boy I nor dey ignore O! Me dey ready to take them on. At the end of it all, who dey go world cup? Na ghana? Make dem wait 2022 na!

Trust me, those boys no get cool oh. They can insult you from your mother and father to your president and economy.

I know them very well cos I have engaged in battles with them in the past both on nairaland and on kickoff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

Not yet Bro. You sef you know. Haba. We are taking a team that's young and Ogu that is among the stalwarts is the one person you want taken out. Habaaa.

Consensus is that the guy is good and I believe he is the natural heir to Mikel but his time will come.

I even personally love his goal against Atleti more than that of Usman but to include him in our WC team is not just over the top, it's way over the top.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:52pm On May 25, 2018
forgiveness:

But the tools used by this master-minders are the politicians.

I got to know about it when I listened to the confession of a French man that stated France involvement in all the French colonies. He even went further to reveal how the French government secretly trained and armed Biafran soldiers which the French government denied as at then even ttill date.

When asked the reason behind their interest, he plainly said 'OIL' and categorically stated that they were not after the well being or separation of Biafra.

So, how do we recreat ourselves in a new light without the tools?

Why didnt you use the Nigerian government who were fully backed by the Britain to see that their artificially manufactured country stay intact to protect their interest. You had to use Biafra to ridicule the easterners but we all know how the war started way before France sent few items to assist an almost decimated people. Nigga, watch the next thing you type here and I am being civil for the last time!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 2:54pm On May 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Madam, it was Rivers United players begging the Executive Governor of Rivers state for their unpaid sign on fee. The players had earlier gone on strike and the Governor in return threatened to disband the club. And it became a case of the hunter becomes the hunted. Men come lie down begin beg Governor o. angry
kai, that's pathetic...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2018
confun:
kai, that's pathetic...

Truly so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Trust me, those boys no get cool oh. They can insult you from your mother and father to your president and economy.

I know them very well cos I have engaged in battles with them in the past both on nairaland and on kickoff.

Wetin come change after dem abuse a whole nation? Make dem come. When they qualify for 10 world cups back to back, then we can have this conversation, if not abeg make dat fool shut da eff up!

Him no even get liver to admit say him be ghanaian. Dey form igbo with google translate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:56pm On May 25, 2018
By the way, why do we need to take Simon to the world cup when Simmy is there and gives us more option in the attack.....Etebor, Simon and Agu should be dropped

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:56pm On May 25, 2018
Haha dem dey beg na. At least some of us here believe that.

Until our people wake up they will continue to be ruled by these tyrants.

Icon4s:

Na so dem dey take beg enter national team? grin grin grin grin

Players wey dey beg Governor to pay them their outstanding salaries and bonuses. That's why I was wondering what brought MRI into it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2018
Mujtahida:

Not yet Bro. You sef you know. Haba. We are taking a team that's young and Ogu that is among the stalwarts is the one person you want taken out. Habaaa.

Consensus is that the guy is good and I believe he is the natural heir to Mikel but his time will come.

I even personally love his goal against Atleti more than that of Usman but to include him in our WC team is not just over the top, it's way over the top.

i am concerned with his passing skills.... which ogu and co currently lack...
him going to the world cup does not mean he will command a full debut....at least he can replace mikel sometimes in the second half...

that guy makes it look as if...mikel is in the field playing.... that the kind of player we need come in for mikel... in Russia.
I personally I am not too pleased with the presence of many DM and Cm in the team...moreover taking him to Russia will help in his development and the super eagles in the long run... it will make a big statement to arsenal and wherever he goes on loan that he is an AM and the drive tp convert him to a CM,DM,Winger etc will be curtailed...had it been keshi did same towards nancho...city won't have easily convert him to a striker....

we are currently short of AM in the super eagles....so why don't we build an encourage him to grow into that role...for now and the future sake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2018
Humility017:

him going to the world cup does not mean he will command a full debut....at least he can replace mikel sometimes in the second half...

that guy makes it look as if...mikel is in the field playing.... that the kind of player we need come in for mikel... in Russia.
I personally I am not too pleased with the presence of many DM and Cm in the team...moreover taking him to Russia will help in his development and the super eagles in the long run... it will make a big statement to arsenal and wherever he goes on loan that he is an AM and the drive tp convert him to a CM,DM,Winger etc will be curtailed...had it been keshi did same towards nancho...city won't have easily convert him to a striker....

we are currently short of AM in the super eagles....so why don't we build an encourage him to grow into that role...for now and the future sake.
he will not go because he is not listed in the 30 man list ..it is that simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:00pm On May 25, 2018
We actually have football news. Let me get on my lappy
OMANBALA1:

Why didnt you use the Nigerian government who were fully backed by the Britain to see that their artificially manufactured country stay intact to protect their interest. You had to use Biafra to ridicule the easterners but we all know how the war started way before France sent few items to assist an almost decimated people. Nigga, watch the next thing you type here and I am being civil for the last time!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2018
asha80:
he will not go because he is not listed in the 30 man list ..it is that simple
don't you think something can still be done?
I read somewhere any player outside can be called up to replace any injured player in the 23 man list.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:13pm On May 25, 2018
They've invaded here too undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2018
Humility017:

Oga, do you understand FIFA rules concerning submission of provisional list and players selection at all?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2018
Humility017:

don't you think something can still be done?
I read somewhere any player outside can be called up to replace any injured player in the 23 man list.....
any player outside the 23 man list but is amongst the 7 stand bys(30-7=23)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2018
Odunayaw:
They've invaded here too undecided

They can't try it.

We dey.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 25, 2018
Food for thought undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:39pm On May 25, 2018
Yes, Arsenal Board told me that Emery impressed them by his knowledge of the team and all what not. But I personally think that they are making a mistake hiring him; because it should be more than that IMHO. They ought to look at his records.

So they think that a coach who couldn't win with the fully loaded PSG team would suddenly start performing wonders with this overrated Arsenal team?
They think that a coach who couldn't manage a choir boy like Neymar Jr. can actually manage the lazy and overly pompous Mesut Ozil? And you don't even want me to talk about a hot head like Aubameyan (sp.). I don't see Arsenal winning anything or making the top 5 next season. Mark my words!

O pari

edi287:

Same way we didn't know for certain the Arsenal board appointed him because they were awed by his in depth analysis of every player on the team including some of the youth players till surprise surprise Gazidis confirmed the same thing.
As for this Mikel argument, both are not even remotely similar. I don't know why and how you made that comparison

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2018
I agree with you on the bolded. But I still think that Mikel made it up ... he was looking for an excuse, you know. And I said that because I don't know whom he might have displaced on that Chelsea midfield: Kante, Matic, Fabregas. Who

O pari

tbaba1234:

Mikel obviously told Rohr personally. Rohr is not a rumor monger. I have no doubt that he was told by Mikel. Mikel was still a player for Chelsea so he did not want to be unprofessional but these things are discussed privately. It is not 'speculation'.

At the start of preseason, Mikel was actively involved in games but he came back from the olympics and was frozen out.

Conte's antecedents show that he is the type of coach that keeps a grudge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:50pm On May 25, 2018
Icon79:
Yes, Arsenal Board told me that Emery impressed them by his knowledge of the team and all what not. But I personally think that they are making a mistake hiring him; because it should be more than that IMHO. They ought to look at his records.

So they think that a coach who couldn't win with the fully loaded PSG team would suddenly start performing wonders with this overrated Arsenal team?
They think that a coach who couldn't manage a choir boy like Neymar Jr. can actually manage the lazy and overly pompous Mesut Ozil? And you don't even want me to talk about a hot head like Aubameyan (sp.). I don't see Arsenal winning anything or making the top 5 next season. Mark my words!

O pari

I don't get your point. How does this prove Iwobi isn't in his plans?? He wasn't my preferred choice too. I wanted Allegri, Nagelsmann or Jardim instead. Emery isn't a bad coach. We stand a massive chance of winning the europa league with him. I wouldn't take his PSG stint as a way to gauge how he'll perform.
I don't know where you got Ozil being "lazy" and "over pompous" from. Don't also know where you got Aubamayeng being a hot head from too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2018
Bros, like I told you earlier, I would need to see the evidence. I don't want to just take your words for it. Please show us the threads/posts where he promoted those players you mentioned.

Waiting ....

O pari

edi287:

Is Joel Obi his brother? When he was calling for his inclusion in the team, why didn't you call him a tribalist?
Is Ebuehi his brother?
Is Josh Onomah his brother?
Is Fred Oyedinma his brother?
Is Mikel Agu his brother??
When he was saying Vic Moses can be as good as Salah under a coach like Klopp, why didn't you call him a tribalist??
If you haven't been here long enough, don't say something you're not certain of. It's talk like this that actually spoils the thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:00pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:
We actually have football news. Let me get on my lappy

I feel you but I hope somethings are kept away from this thread to maintain the sacredness of it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:05pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:

Is Joel Obi his brother? When he was calling for his inclusion in the team, why didn't you call him a tribalist?
Is Ebuehi his brother?
Is Josh Onomah his brother?
Is Fred Oyedinma his brother?
Is Mikel Agu his brother??
When he was saying Vic Moses can be as good as Salah under a coach like Klopp, why didn't you call him a tribalist??
If you haven't been here long enough, don't say something you're not certain of. It's talk like this that actually spoils the thread.

Some of the most racist insurance firms in America still hires few black people. You know ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:05pm On May 25, 2018
Icon79:
I agree with you on the bolded. But I still think that Mikel made it up ... he was looking for an excuse, you know. And I said that because I don't know whom he might have displaced on that Chelsea midfield: Kante, Matic, Fabregas. Who

O pari

Mikel kept Matic on the bench at the end of the season before and was a major reason why Chelsea avoided relegation that season. It was obvious that it was a case of the coach freezing out a player. What about cup games? What about when others got injured?

Again, Conte's antecedents make the story very believable, It fits very well with his character.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2018
I never said that Iwobi wasn't in his plans. All I said was that he did not discuss individual players during his news conference. Hence, it would be a mistake for some folks to jump to the conclusions that Iwobi or any other Arsenal player for that matter (except for Ozil whom he mentioned by name as being a player he can build around) is in his plans. We simply don't know who is in his plans or who isn't, and we won't know until he either tells us or shows his hands by other means.

I also speculated that Iwobi might have a regular playing time with him in charge because he tends to let players run the show. And if he let's Ozil runs the show the same way he let Ibrah and Neymar ran the show at PSG, then Iwobi might not get much playing time because I have seen Mesut Ozil yell at Iwobi in the field of play a few times.

O pari

edi287:

I don't get your point. How does this prove Iwobi isn't in his plans?? He wasn't my preferred choice too. I wanted Allegri, Nagelsmann or Jardim instead. Emery isn't a bad coach. We stand a massive chance of winning the europa league with him. I wouldn't take his PSG stint as a way to gauge how he'll perform.
I don't know where you got Ozil being "lazy" and "over pompous" from. Don't also know where you got Aubamayeng being a hot head from too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) ... (16363) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, Odunayaw(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.