Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662506 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:46pm On May 27, 2018
Bolowolowo:
BN: Carl Ikeme to be 24th unregistered player on SE World Cup roster

A nice touch of class. I wouldn't expect less from a gentleman like Rohr.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:52pm On May 27, 2018
Norway: Aremu, Chima Score As Molde Beat IK Start

 0 May 27, 2018 8:13 pm

By James Agberebi:

Former home-based Super Eagles star Afeez Aremu Afeez was on target for IK Start but it was not enough as they lost 3-1 away to Molde in the Norwegian top flight on Sunday.

Also on the score sheet was Nigerian forward Daniel Chima who grabbed Molde’s second goal which was his first league goal after six appearances.

Aremu’s goal was his second in 12 league appearances for IK Start with his first coming in March in 4-1 win.

Etzaz Hussain put Molde 1-0 up on 23 minutes before Aremu drew IK Start level on 33 minutes.

Chima restored Molde’s lead as he made it 2-1 in the 53rd minute before Ruben Gabrielsen wrapped the three points for his side by adding the third goal on 88 minutes.

With the defeat to Molde, IK Start have now won just one of their last 11 league games so far this season.

They are now 15th on seven points in the 16-team league table while Molde are sixth on 20 points.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:53pm On May 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Nacho didn't take any but there were none that screamed left footer.
yea i think it was just 2, Moses and ekong took them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:56pm On May 27, 2018
Joebie:
OPPONENT WATCH:

Otemendi cops groin injury in training

i dont want this guy to have any injury , Iheanacho is already used to him , he knows how to settle him grin i want him very fit and agile , my best wish

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:00am On May 28, 2018
hahahaha
lexyman:

i dont want this guy to have any injury , Iheanacho is already used to him , he knows how to settle him grin i want him very fit and agile , my best wish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:08am On May 28, 2018
Remember this guy?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:33am On May 28, 2018
Joebie:
Remember this guy?
Yep. Super skillful guy. What's his numbers like?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:56am On May 28, 2018
Can't Ademola lookman replace simon moses?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mowah: 2:28am On May 28, 2018
TheCongo2:

I am Congolese and I can't agree to have any of our top players in the Swiss Division 3 league. I always believe that Nigeria has very good local players. Vincent Enyeama is a product of the Nigerian lical league. So it will be harsh to say that nothing good would come from your local league.

T'es congolais? Kombo n'a ngai?
I'm sure you aren't

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheCongo2: 2:41am On May 28, 2018
mowah:

T'es congolais? Kombo n'a ngai?
I'm sure you aren't

Lol..you mean "kombo na yo?"
Oui je suis Congolais
Et toi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:28am On May 28, 2018
Really gutted for Moses Simeon. I was one of our most. effective. player throughout the qualifier.. but sh*t happens.
he is still young. There's still plenty of time for him.
However,I don't think there will b a replacement for him... As far as I understand FIFA rule on squad selection,it was stated that only a player that made the final 23 man list could be replaced,in not less than 24hrs before the team first game by a player that wasn't on the preliminary list.. Even the teams that have announced their 23 man list have standbys in place already..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:38am On May 28, 2018
Rohr is likely to play 4 - 3 - 3 Formation with the Trio of Lokosa, Simmy and Iheanacho leading the Attack.

Hence it's very likely for Lokosa to play as a Wing-Forward (Winger), perhaps on the left Wing, while Iheanacho plays on the right Wing and Simmy as the Striker.

Cc Mujtahida.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:47am On May 28, 2018
Up till now, I have been hearing different times from different sources of our match against Dr Congo..

This is so unfortunate embarassed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 5:48am On May 28, 2018
I saw this on Twitter hours ago

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 5:57am On May 28, 2018
Which time be NIG-,DRC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 5:57am On May 28, 2018
Which time be NIG-,DRCy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 5:58am On May 28, 2018
Rockyrascal:
I saw this on Twitter hours ago
i had the same problem 2days ago. Na only d trunk de der website
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:05am On May 28, 2018
If there wasn’t a preorder option yet the NFF is saying that there were 3 million orders for the jerseys, was the NFF lying? Someone plz explain.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:10am On May 28, 2018
Did our football federation just lie to us ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 6:12am On May 28, 2018
Home Sports
Nike Dismisses NFF’s 3m Pre-order Claims — Leadership Newspaper
by leadership May 28, 2018

American-based sportswear manufacturers, Nike, has dismissed claims by Nigeria Football Federation higher-ups that it has received up to three million pre-orders for Super Eagles World Cup jerseys.

As each jersey costs 85 dollars, it means Nike woulad have made a revenue of US$255 million (approximately N91.8 billion) from the sale of the jerseys if the information from the NFF was correct.

Nike has also disagreed with the Nigerian Federation, who had officially stated that the release of the jerseys into the global market would happen on Tuesday, May 29, after clarifying that the jerseys will be available in June.

Nike tweeted : ”The jersey has not been released yet, it is scheduled to be available in June. Also, there has not been an option to pre-order the jersey. Stay tuned to our site for updates.”

The Nigerian national team Nike collection features a travel suit, anthem jacket, training apparel, pre-game jersey, bucket hat, and kits.

Nigeria’s World Cup rivals Argentina, Croatia and Iceland are kitted by Adidas, Nike and Erreà respectively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:16am On May 28, 2018
Alfryd:
Which time be NIG-,DRCy
5pm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:27am On May 28, 2018
It's common logic. There is no clear rule against it. There is provision for replacement of a player in the final list with any player for that matter. Goes to show FIFA is open to accept a written request for replacement up to 24 hours before the first match.

Modified
If FIFA makes special provision in case of serious injury, and is flexible as regards the 30 man release list 24 hours to the first match, how much more flexible would they be many days before? All they require is a written request.

Danielnino00:
Really gutted for Moses Simeon. I was one of our most. effective. player throughout the qualifier.. but sh*t happens.
he is still young. There's still plenty of time for him.
However,I don't think there will b a replacement for him... As far as I understand FIFA rule on squad selection,it was stated that only a player that made the final 23 man list could be replaced,in not less than 24hrs before the team first game by a player that wasn't on the preliminary list.. Even the teams that have announced their 23 man list have standbys in place already..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 6:32am On May 28, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
How good is he there that's the issue. Remember we have enough wingers already.
good question, I guess itsbleft for the coaching crew to decide sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:36am On May 28, 2018
maidaboi:
Can't Ademola lookman replace simon moses?

Ademola is not SE player, A country can only be represented by her player(s)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:39am On May 28, 2018
We already covered this many pages back. it's either the NFF was lying to raise the excitement, or other outlets took preorders, that's if the jerseys are not meant to be sold exclusively by Nike.

This is what Dikko said onn the 9th of March:
"So, it will be available only late April/early May. That's the period when all kits would be pushed into the market. Now it's time for pre-orders from the stores," Dikko said.

Bolowolowo:
If there wasn’t a preorder option yet the NFF is saying that there were 3 million orders for the jerseys, was the NFF lying? Someone plz explain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2018
minfelix:
I think victor moses should get injured and miss the world cup so that some people can rest here...I've bin silently following people's comment here about that its jus becoming something else..some 1 said "I becoming to hate victor moses", some will say he's too selfish, you people just wanna force gernot rohr to have issues with him by all means..a top class player with a top class club na him una jus dey run down for here, some are even wishing onyekuru to displace him in SE squad...e be like say una kno no say afta Mikel,onazi,musa na moses follow for that team...he's selfish, he's a bully bla bla bla!!! God has given us such a direct opponent running down player yet na so so bad mouth ppl dey bad mouth am

Oga, na you get your own opinion and the understanding of other people's opinion. All we are asking for is for the good of the team. Chikena! World cup is not a 2 legged affair where you get to remedy a situation against a team in a second leg. You mess up, you are out and thats it! So when we talk its not out of hatred we look beyond a player because the team as it were is bigger than any player playing in it presently.

Sometimes a timeous release of the ball makes all the difference in a game. I know what i am talking about and I foresee a lot of it at the world cup. Did you notice Ronaldo was unhappy that Bale came from the bench to score 2goals? He couldnt even celebrate and when he did, it was so obvious that he wss faking his joy. The Real Madrid team doesnt revolve around you as even their top scorer and thats what fuelled his transfer talks.

Our team can play with or without victor moses. It all boils down to tactics employed by the gaffer. Lets stop this over rating of a thing. Its becoming annoying. No one hates Victor Moses. He does things that irk people and thats why people spoke out. No one in theirnright mind would wish a player injury on the eve of the world cup. We have waited 4years for this.... THIS IS OUR TIME!

Gerrit?

copyright 2016.( All rights reserved by TheGoodJoe. All unauthorized use of the phrase will attract prosecution by the Law)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:58am On May 28, 2018
Doesn't look 2 good, even in Slovenia (22 games 2 goals 2 assists).

edi287:

Yep. Super skillful guy. What's his numbers like?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:58am On May 28, 2018
Hernan Crespo speaking in Lagos on Saturday as part of Heineken UEFA Champions League project

In my career I met a lot of players I had respect for and I would never forget players like West, Babayaro, Emmanuel Amuneke, Daniel Amokachi, Sunday Oliseh and Geoge Finidi. “However I think the greatest player so far in Nigeria was Austin Okocha,’’ he said.

After somebody will say Jay Jay was a local champion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:01am On May 28, 2018
Oasis007:
Rohr is likely to play 4 - 3 - 3 Formation with the Trio of Lokosa, Simmy and Iheanacho leading the Attack.

Hence it's very likely for Lokosa to play as a Wing-Forward (Winger), perhaps on the left Wing, while Iheanacho plays on the right Wing and Simmy as the Striker.

Cc Mujtahida.
Okay. Was it not this same tactics that we used during the friendlies?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:08am On May 28, 2018
oga chill, its jus part of victor moses games that has worked for super eagles over the years and it has also brought us out of difficult situations most times and its not asif victor moses will jus carry ball from defence to d goal post without a pass...you people are talking as if he doesn't eve pass ball to man at all...I disagree wit it bro...you guys should kno that super eagles is not a tiki taka team..our game is kick and follow with counter attack and victor moses so far is d only player that does that in super eagles with ease..e sure me say 1 on 1 e go beat many defenders for world cup..go and watch his game against SA in d Mandela cup challenge 2013..and c d way d guy turn doze SA defenders to mumu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:11am On May 28, 2018
kennysville:

Oga, na you get your own opinion and the understanding of other people's opinion. All we are asking for is for the good of the team. Chikena! World cup is not a 2 legged affair where you get to remedy a situation against a team in a second leg. You mess up, you are out and thats it! So when we talk its not out of hatred we look beyond a player because the team as it were is bigger than any player playing in it presently.

Sometimes a timeous release of the ball makes all the difference in a game. I know what i am talking about and I foresee a lot of it at the world cup. Did you notice Ronaldo was unhappy that Bale came from the bench to score 2goals? He couldnt even celebrate and when he did, it was so obvious that he wss faking his joy. The Real Madrid team doesnt revolve around you as even their top scorer and thats what fuelled his transfer talks.

Our team can play with or without victor moses. It all boils down to tactics employed by the gaffer. Lets stop this over rating of a thing. Its becoming annoying. No one hates Victor Moses. He does things that irk people and thats why people spoke out. No one in theirnright mind would wish a player injury on the eve of the world cup. We have waited 4years for this.... THIS IS OUR TIME!

Gerrit?

copyright 2016.( All rights reserved by TheGoodJoe. All unauthorized use of the phrase will attract prosecution by the Law)

oga chill, its jus part of victor moses games that has worked for super eagles over the years and it has also brought us out of difficult situations most times and its not asif victor moses will jus carry ball from defence to d goal post without a pass...you people are talking as if he doesn't eve pass ball to man at all...I disagree wit it bro...you guys should kno that super eagles is not a tiki taka team..our game is kick and follow with counter attack and victor moses so far is d only player that does that in super eagles with ease..e sure me say 1 on 1 e go beat many defenders for world cup..go and watch his game against SA in d Mandela cup challenge 2013..and c d way d guy turn doze SA defenders to mumu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:20am On May 28, 2018
you guys should go and watch the following games vicmo played in GWG and see whether he was too selfish or not..
Nigeria 6 - 1 Liberia 2012 qualifier
Ethiopia 0 -2 Nigeria afcon 2013
SA 0-2 Nigeria mandella challenge 2013
Nigeria 4-1 Mali afcon 2013
CIV 1-2 Nigeria afcon 2013
Nigeria 3-1 Algeria WC qualifiers
Nigeria 1- 0 Zambia WC qualifiers
and so many others I can't rememba.. not that he was so selfish that all the goals we scored in those listed games were scored by him from selfishness, most of those goals were scored by some other players as a result of vicmo runs and some were from vicmo assist..my own is dat d guy holds on to d ball on a fast counter attacking moment and passes wen its needed if no 1 comes out clear to collect pass i trust moses he go make sure say he dribbles anybody wey show face and aim at goal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.