Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11661852 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3731) (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:04pm On May 28, 2018
*FIXED

O pari

forgiveness:
Prediction of Rohr's 23 man list (against my wish I mean) grin

1. Ezenwa
2. Uzoho
3. Akpeyi

Defence
4. Omeruo
5. Balogun
6. Ekong
7. Brian
8. Echiejile
9. Aina
10. Ebuehi

Midfield

11. Shehu
12. Mikel
13. Onazi
14. Ndidi
15. Joel
16. Ogu

Attack

17. Victor
18. Ighalo
19. Iheanacho
20. Iwobi
21. Etebo
22. Simy
23. Musa
* . Olarenwaju Kayode

I suspect Awaziem will be dropped because Rohr tried Brian as a defender.

Time will tell.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:04pm On May 28, 2018
Icon79:
True, if you can contribute in other ways. But what if goal scoring is the ONLY contribution you make in a game? Then you become a total failure ANYTIME you don't score.

O pari

was the final betwee. ronaldo and liverpool? can we also say you well beloved son was a failure against Roma.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:04pm On May 28, 2018
He meant Brian Idowu as Center-Back.

Petrobros:

At bolded , before nko?
Is Brian an attacker?

And as far as this team is concerned Shehu is a defender.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2018
Bia big Joe, are you planning to stream the match?

Abeg, mek you try if possible ... we're running blind here sad

O pari

Joebie:
NGR VS CONGO UPDATE:
SS3, 4:55pm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2018
Abeg... For us not in Nigeria how can we watch this match ? If you get the link and I don offend you abeg no vex, share please.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:07pm On May 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hanhan, I surprise na but what you wrote looked like you were saying he is selfish. No yawa.

Actually I'm not saying a player - whether Moses or any other player- should not be criticised. I'm only saying our criticisms should be factual. Some keep saying he is selfish. But you will be surprised if we analyse him game by game the picture might be different.

the truth is some player need to play the way he plays to help break the opponent, also draw foul and force mistakes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hanhan, I surprise na but what you wrote looked like you were saying he is selfish. No yawa.

Actually I'm not saying a player - whether Moses or any other player- should not be criticised. I'm only saying our criticisms should be factual. Some keep saying he is selfish. But you will be surprised if we analyse him game by game the picture might be different.
Moses selfish? that's Moses style of play, nothing anybody can do about it.

I hope to see Moses of WC qualifiers at WC,mehn i will be damn happy cos he gave it all during qualifiers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:08pm On May 28, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Lol..... so Ezenwa ain't good enough, but a Rookie is?! So you prefer Uzoho as our No. 1 GK?! How many competitive Matches has Uzoho been in Post for the Eagles?!

Can you highlight or refer to a Post where I made the bolded Statement?!
I swear, I watched that Poland match yesterday, Uzoho was just flapping about. Choi, Karius 2.0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 3:08pm On May 28, 2018
asha80:
the only defensive football laced with counter attacks I enjoyed were the types played by Romania in USA 94 and Valencia in 1999/2000 season because of the flair in their movements
i wasnt even born during the romania time. and for 1999/2000 i think the only football i watched was probably supet eagles and maybe arsenal.

counter attack is a thing of beauty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:10pm On May 28, 2018
I'm in Nigeria atm.. dem don disappoint me. i had set reminder on SS9, until they changed the schedule.. I no dey upgrade until World Cup proper. . Meaning I won't watch on TV either. So we dey the same category now.. grin

Icon79:
Bia big Joe, are you planning to stream the match?

Abeg, mek you try if possible ... we're running blind here sad

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:11pm On May 28, 2018
Kog45:
Moses selfish? that's Moses style of play, nothing anybody can do about it.

I hope to see Moses of WC qualifiers at WC,mehn i will be damn happy cos he gave it all during qualifiers.
He really tried during the qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:11pm On May 28, 2018
daveP:
forgiveness, you put shehu as midfielder and Etebo as attacker? who dash them? that's not their primary roles na. That has upset your list all the same.

But that is their natural position and that is where they play in their clubs.

Because I don't want to believe Rohr will not find a replacement for Simon and go to the world Cup with Victor Moses and Ahmed Musa. That will be unimaginable.

We all know Iwobi flopped many times on that wing and he is not consistent. So, he can't be trusted on the wings except as a SS or AMF.

We also know that Iheanacho has not played well on that wing since Oliseh played him there and when Rohr played him there too though he wants to see him play there again today but I have seen him played there and I don't think he can bring what Victor and Simon bring to the team on the wing. He can't be trusted.

Therefore, I don't expect Rohr to gamble with players who are not known to play a role well in crucial world cup matches.

It doesn't make sense to anybody.

Players must be played to their strength.

Well, today's match will decide the outcome of the list.

Will Iheanacho and Lokosa perform on the wings? If yes, no wahala but if not, make him put Etebor for wing abeg or do the needful by calling a LW from the numerous that did well this season.

Afterall, Lokosa and Simy were never part of the team but they made the team and people here have already forgotten their stance on 'team cheimistry' by clamoring for the inclusion of Simy. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:12pm On May 28, 2018
Joebie:

Joebie are you now forgiveness's INTERPRETER
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:13pm On May 28, 2018
Martz101:

the truth is some player need to play the way he plays to help break the opponent, also draw foul and force mistakes
Abi, cos the cry is so loud and deafening that if you don't watch Vicmo yourself you'd think that he is the one that kills all our attacking moves. Meanwhile the opposite is the case.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:13pm On May 28, 2018
Kog45:
Chief abi no be the same Stephen Eze?

I'm one of the few here that canvassed for his invitation, him and Adeleye after WAFU but after watching him critically he is not in the same league with Omeruo talk less of Awaziem.

It seem some are not following what is going on in the camp cos in two aside training Eze find it difficult to make the team,so how is he going to make 25 man list to London unless injury occurs.

On his height,i don't think we have short CB,Balogun, Ekong,Omeruo and Awaziem are above 6 ft,so Eze height doesn't give us any advantage.

Chidi Nwanu was a short CB that put a tall Uche Okafor on the bench at US 94.Godwin Opara was short CB but highly gifted,so what we need is not physical appearance but intelligent defenders since we are not going for Rugby.

My brother, if them allow some people here select players for SE na orishi-rishi you go see o.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2018
tbaba1234:
Rwanda is one of the sponsors on the new Arsenal Jersey. Trying to boost their tourism industry... 'Visit Rwanda' is boldly written on the arms of the Jersey. I expect, they will get a major boost in Tourism.

Apparently Kigame might have scored an own goal with that move. As the Brits are pushing for their government to cut foreign aids to Rwanda.
Some moves are just ill conceived. This contract could be one of such example.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5775867/Ruwandan-dictator-spends-30-million-UK-aid-sponsoring-Arsenal-FC.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:15pm On May 28, 2018
Kog45:

Actually, he was right because that was what I meant.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 3:16pm On May 28, 2018
Joebie:

You too done fall in Love?

Why has he not rectified it since I called his attention to it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 3:17pm On May 28, 2018
Kog45:

According to MetalJigsaw's theory, he is in love. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:19pm On May 28, 2018
forgiveness:

Actually, he was right because that was what I meant.
Yes I know cos i got what you meant instantly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:20pm On May 28, 2018
Kog45:
Yes I know cos i got what you meant instantly.

Ok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:20pm On May 28, 2018
Petrobros:

You too done fall in Love?

Why has he not rectified it since I called his attention to it?
Well, I don't think there was any ambiguity to what he said. I understood it as central defender.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2018
goldfish80:

Apparently Kigame might have scored an own goal with that move. As the Brits are pushing for their government to cut foreign aids to Rwanda.
Some moves are just ill conceived. This contract could be one of such example.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5775867/Ruwandan-dictator-spends-30-million-UK-aid-sponsoring-Arsenal-FC.html

If the money will be coming back in tourism anyways why is this even an issue?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:23pm On May 28, 2018
forgiveness:

But that is their natural position and that is where they play in their clubs.

Because I don't want to believe Rohr will not find a replacement for Simon and go to the world Cup with Victor Moses and Ahmed Musa. That will be unimaginable.

We all know Iwobi flopped many times on that wing and he is not consistent. So, he can't be trusted on the wings except as a SS or AMF.

We also know that Iheanacho has not played well on that wing since Oliseh played him there and when Rohr played him there too though he wants to see him play there again today but I have seen him played there and I don't think he can bring what Victor and Simon bring to the team on the wing. He can't be trusted.

Therefore, I don't expect Rohr to gamble with players who are not known to play a role well in crucial world cup matches.

It doesn't make sense to anybody.

Players must be played to their strength.

Well, today's match decide the outcome of the list.

Will Iheanacho and Lokosa perform on the wings? If yrs, no wahala but if make him put Etebor for wing abeg or do the needful by calling a LW from the numerous that did well this season.

Afterall, Lokosa and Simy were never part of the team but they made the team and people here have already forgotten their stance on 'team cheimistry' by clamoring for the inclusion of Simy. grin

On the first bolded, let anybody proof that statement to be wrong.

Second bolded:we will struggle if we decide to use our players for calculus rather than simple arithmetics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 3:23pm On May 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Well, I don't think there was any ambiguity to what he said. I understood it as central defender.

I do too. I was just being sarcastic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:24pm On May 28, 2018
Kog45:
Chief abi no be the same Stephen Eze?

I'm one of the few here that canvassed for his invitation, him and Adeleye after WAFU but after watching him critically he is not in the same league with Omeruo talk less of Awaziem.

It seem some are not following what is going on in the camp cos in two aside training Eze find it difficult to make the team,so how is he going to make 25 man list to London unless injury occurs.

On his height,i don't think we have short CB,Balogun, Ekong,Omeruo and Awaziem are above 6 ft,so Eze height doesn't give us any advantage.

Chidi Nwanu was a short CB that put a tall Uche Okafor on the bench at US 94.Godwin Opara was short CB but highly gifted,so what we need is not physical appearance but intelligent defenders since we are not going for Rugby.

you are right but Godwin okparaku was a right back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2018
EmmGee:

i wasnt even born during the romania time. and for 1999/2000 i think the only football i watched was probably supet eagles and maybe arsenal.

counter attack is a thing of beauty
if you have data watch this clip..the 2nd and 3rd goals by romania..at 1.44mins and 2.47(dumetriscu and hagi) are egs of the romanian counter attacks in that tournament that i am talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3dtpy8gDZ0

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:26pm On May 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

I swear, I watched that Poland match yesterday, Uzoho was just flapping about. Choi, Karius 2.0

that's the reason why Rohr is starting him again, last chance maybe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:30pm On May 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

On the first bolded, let anybody proof that statement to be wrong.

Second bolded:we will struggle if we decide to use our players for calculus rather than simple arithmetics.

That wan na secret? It is fact, na.

Hahahaha! Honestly, I have been having headache when I heard Simon Moses is out and Rohr wan do Calculus with Iheanacho and Lokosa on the wing. Bros, I am dumbfounded.

It seems Rohr just wan carry people go world cup just because they qualified him for the world cup. Ok na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:30pm On May 28, 2018
If Iheanacho is to be played from the wings it has to be the RWF position. Iheanacho is practically useless if played from the Left Wing.

Iwobi plays from both left wing and Right same with Victor Moses.

For those that don't want Iwobi on the wings, who plays the left wing if Moses is on the Right and Mikel is in the AM position?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 3:31pm On May 28, 2018
Here comes the line up;

Nigeria Starting XI Vs DRC : Uzoho; Ebuehi, Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Echiejile; Onazi, Joel Obi, Lokosa, Iheanacho, Etebo; Simy

Etebo or Iheanacho is playing the 10 role...this match don't look good for joel for obvious reason, an OGu or Agbo should have played

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2018
Icon4s:

My brother, if them allow some people here select players for SE na orishi-rishi you go see o.
I tire o but news from camp said Moses will be available in London camp cos Rohr gave him two more days to celebrate his wedding anniversary which is today though he supposed to resume today according to FIFA rule.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3731) (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.