Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11622373 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) (3994) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
tglobal:

What saved his job was the victory over CIV. FACT

Herve Renhard was already approached to take over his job. FACT

It was his resignation stunt after the victory that got him on Jonathan's side. FACT

Despite Jonathan's support, he was still owed and his backroom staff fired against his wishes FACT

It doesn't change the fact that Keshi directly received support from President Jonathan. FACT

Besides, NFF gave him free hands to choose his players going to the AFCON. FACT

Which Oyinbo coach past NFF never owe money?

Even Rohr self was owed money. FACT

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
KK555:

The recent craze for emerging foreign based talents with Nigeria/African roots will impact negatively on local talents and football development in Nigeria and Africa. I hope the football authorities prioritise football development, local talent search and the development of these kids. It will inevitably spell doom to sports development in general focusing attention on foreign based talents when less could be spent developing and harnessing the potentials back home.

Without serious investment and committed development in the league, Nigeria league especially will be seen as a platform for players to escape to Europe even Sudan, South Africa and North Africa. You will see a player blossom one season and the next season, he will disappear and waste in one obscure league abroad.

It is embarrassing watching people argue about the root and parentage of certain players. It was even more shameful watching fans booing Dele Alli over his choice and decision to play for England. What happened to your league? What happened to your primary school, secondary school sports competitions and the talents that emerge from there? What happened to the academies?

Countries invest significant amount of finance developing facilities, clubs invest in these kids teaching them the rudiments of the game by providing them with well qualified coaches, provision of standard football pitches and gears only for the likes of Pinnick and co to circle and hover around them like scavengers once the investments start yielding fruits. With all the kids coming out, be aware that not all of them will have what it takes to excel and be successful playing for countries like Nigerian national team, its the bitter reality. There will be the Ainas, Aluko who would not be selected in the final event. Being born abroad should not be a guarantee for invitation to the national team.

I watched and witnessed the Athletic federation of Nigeria invite and have American citizens naturalised and represent Nigeria in the Edinburgh common wealth games and it filled me with bitterness. Some of these athletes esp the sprinters struggle to run 100m in 10.10secs. All of them performed woefully in the US qualifications but Nigeria found them worthy to wear the green white green in an international events! How sad.

What are the north Africans doing differently? Can't that be replicated? Are those countries richer than Nigeria? Your best league players leave Nigeria league for any of the north African league before signing lucrative contract with a European team. Who reaps the rewards. A Nigeria football league player would first of all attend trials in Europe before being signed for a paltry sum and when that is signed, there are always fights and acrimonies between the parent clubs and the football bodies but it does not happen like that when a north African team is involved.

I expect to see all the football experts talking about these and proffering solutions but no you,d rather see them arguing and lamenting that a certain boy with a Nigerian name was playing for the same country that invested and believed in him to excel. You,d expect to see people here discussing the good players in the league and the possibilities of them breaking into the Eagles team but no they,d rather boast of acquiring countless coaching certificates with zero knowledge of what football management is all about.

But the list u quoted has about 3players groomed by the Nigerian youth system. Isn't that local enough abi na when we promote kwara poly graduates of "16" as local players you go believe say we no dey ignore our local grass root football?

Guy grass root football in Nigeria is a big business and you can venture into it. If I tell you the number of boys that leave Diamond Academy umuahia for Europe yearly and that amount of money made by the team from these sales, u would be marveled.

The owner of the Academy has even bought a third abi fourth division team to help in exposing his students to European football in the early stages of their career.

You can do it, thats how Brazil produces their talents. Everything must not be done by the govt or the NFF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nedville:
Nigerians.......
We simply don't have the players to compete in this tournament, in addition the god of football does not care about us and other African countries....
Don't condemn the players before we have even kicked a ball....let's just be hopeful that god of football smiles on us and other African teams...to finally reach the semi final or final....fate has not been kind to us at all
Please we I don't agree that we don't have the players. We do biko.
All SE needs to do is play for each other, play simple passes, avoid ball watching & always monitor the runners. I just watched our match against Czech rep. Our wing backs especially Shehu has a PHD in ball watching & not reacting to the runners. My coach used to say they are more dangerous than the man with the ball. Cos the man with the ball will draw the defence out & play a killer pass. If SE avoids these errors, they are good to go.
All the goals SE scored Argentina were just from simple give & take passes @ the right time. It would have even be 5 if not for unnecessary dribble from Iheanacho while Iwobi was free begging for the ball.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
forgiveness:

It doesn't change the fact that Keshi directly received support from President Jonathan. FACT

My comparison was with Westerhoff, who is the only other coach to have achieved what Keshi achieved..... and he was never owed money FACT

No other coach comes close

The bolded shows he deserves all the credit for his success

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
krattoss:
if God of football refuses to come to us, we go to him/ her/it cheesy tongue
Naso. It may not smile at us, at least it looked in our direction.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
Kog45:
Mujtahida where are you?Pls your attention is needed here.
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha baba Kog45, I've been following proceedings silently and I see my brother oasis07 putting in a good shift of law there.

I'm just reflecting quietly on our chances. It's tough but I still believe we will come out of that group.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Make de two of una kukuma go court go judge de matter na. I go provide lawyer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Chai you can argue o even evidence against your argument is staring you in the face.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
Awoniyi to Gent is a yummy news because I dont trust Anderletch coach to give him enough playing time if he had opted for Anderletch.

He should do it next season with Gent along side his compatriot Peter Olayinka and possibly Hillary Gong.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
grin

This Thread has turned to House of Comedy this Evening..... LMAO!

tglobal and forgiveness are really cracking me up....... FACT.

Tglobal came to the Defence of Forgiveness....... FACT.

Forgiveness faults two of many Points made by tgobal, and the Argument shift to tglobal vs forgiveness....... FACT.

I don laugh tire aswear!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
tglobal:

My comparison was with Westerhoff, who is the only other coach to have achieved what Keshi achieved..... and he was never owed money FACT

No other coach comes close

The bolded shows he deserves all the credit for his success

ok. I don hear but I no gree. grin

Pls take note that I never disputed his ability as a coach but his mago mago ways.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Goke7:

Chai you can argue o even evidence against your argument is staring you in the face.

which evidence?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Make de two of una kukuma go court go judge de matter na. I go provide lawyer.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
Truidstar:

Proverbs 17:28
I will say Nigeria is a disorganised country....but today we are better prepared than in previous tournaments

I will say Nigeria don't have the players....but Costa Rica shocked the world in 2014, not to talk of south Korea in 2002

I'll say Nigeria is not lucky....some will claim that there is no luck in it

What should I say then? Why can't we or other African countries win? Who did we offend?

Create any Nigerian team you want....none will win the world cup....whether player A was invited or player B was left out...nothing much will result from it...same old story...that should not be our concern

Why I'm very happy is due to the fact that I'm now interested in super eagles after such a long period of indifference....the mood is less toxic now
Long story short, irrespective of whatever happens in Russia, I'll like gernot rohr to continue as the coach of the Nigerian team

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lol Chuba Akpom now keen on representing Nigeria after it is done on him that England opportunity is a far cry? Well, I welcome him if he could raise his game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
comodo:

Please we I don't agree that we don't have the players. We do biko.
All SE needs to do is play for each other, play simple passes, avoid ball watching & always monitor the runners. I just watched our match against Czech rep. Our wing backs especially Shehu has a PHD in ball watching & not reacting to the runners. My coach used to say they are more dangerous than the man with the ball. Cos the man with the ball will draw the defence out & play a killer pass. If SE avoids these errors, they are good to go.
All the goals SE scored Argentina were just from simple give & take passes @ the right time. It would have even be 5 if not for unnecessary dribble from Iheanacho while Iwobi was free begging for the ball.

To win the world cup?.....I'm not sure....there is a reason why there are bookmakers favourites....and Nigeria is not one of them

We are using sentiment to reason this thing, saying we have players.....if you ask an Icelandic person before the lists were released....is it not the popular players (premier league?) That will be mentioned?.... That's if they watch the premier league....we are not seen as a threat and so it will be normal if Nigeria finishes last in the group...all we can do is to pull off a Costa Rica or a south korea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Did Iwobi play for the main Arsenal team before he made his debut for Nigeria?

Who told you Alaba was an Austria Wein's player when he made his debut for Austria National team?

It is very you know nada about the situation then because you never followed it. You are just relying on GOOGLE. grin

Alaba made rave because he was in Bayern Munich second team and trained with the first team as at the time he made his debut for the Austrian National Team. GBAM. EOD

Google don fail you this time around. grin

That is the problem when you quote without reading. I clearly stated that Alaba was not in the main team of Bayern Munich when he was called up to the Austrian National team. Then you went on to make up a fake statement of me saying he was in the Austria Wein team.

Please read what you quote next time.

I said,

ALABA WAS CAPPED WHEN HE WAS NOT IN THE BAYERN MUNICH MAIN TEAM.

Saying he was in the team B of Bayern proves my point.

Austria could call him because he goes through their system, playing in their junior National teams and also being part of the biggest club in Austria.

Very simple point.

Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
goldfish80:

Thegoodjoe, you've been in fine form today. What's happening?

Thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
Martz101:

do you have any evidence that the onazi injury was preplanned?

Simple. Same player made two rash tackles to injure a particular player.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
Martz101:

that's a hall mark of a bad manager, you don't come out after losing and say to the media that one player didn't play to instruction.

you think all players have been playing to Rohr instructions??

Simple.

Keshi was answering why one of the hottest Super Eagles players was not called up. He explained precisely why.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
ChrisKels:
Newly promoted Laliga team "Huesca", make Uzoho their prime target to replace their on loan first choice goalkeeper who will be leaving for his parent club Bilbao

Uzoho should bid his time and not make any hurried move until the world cup is over. I believe if he does well in the world Cup, he could get a decent midtable team in France to sign with.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
andrew444:

Lol

How are you guys sure salah will win that match for liverpool

You guys are looking for excuses,despite i want madrid to loose that game but that game is a fair game,liverpool fans are cry babies.

Gain advantage does not mean a team must win. It means it increases the team's chance to win.

Red Cards do not guarantee wins but it gives the team who got the card a disadvantage.

Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
My people I need help!

I've gotten so addicted that iwobi's magical killer pass to Ighalo against England. I just can't stop checking it out every now and then.

Any tips to get over it?

addiction is sickness and will take only more than a miracle to curb

Speaking from experience sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
Morocco destroys Estonia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

This Thread has turned to House of Comedy this Evening..... LMAO!

tglobal and forgiveness are really cracking me up....... FACT.

Tglobal came to the Defence of Forgiveness....... FACT.

Forgiveness faults two of many Points made by tgobal, and the Argument shift to tglobal vs forgiveness....... FACT.

I don laugh tire aswear!

lol..i didnt come to his defence .....FACT

I quoted Martz and cc'ed forgiveness do address their questions ...FACT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
forgiveness:

which evidence?

guy always learn to relax, are you aware that nobody gets rewarded on this forum for winning an argument? always learn to allow somethings go especially past events. Lastly, learn to respect national heroes especially when they are gone to the world beyond. Despite all that has been said and done to MKO abiola, today even a national public holiday has been declared in his honour. One day, keshi's memory will also be given its revered place in history, scam or nor scam so relax, let go and let's live

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
ChrisKels:
Morocco destroys Estonia
That one na normal na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
darkelf:

I beg to disagree with you on that bro

African has not performed excellently at the world stage because of bad leadership and corrupt sports administrators

God is fair. If anything, a nation of 180 million people like Nigeria has produced talents that were not harnessed. The environment is not conducive and even soccer agents are greed personified

I'm not referring to Almighty God....I'm referring to this force spirit ( whatever you want to call it) that has followed other countries. Corruption is just one angle.....but you can tell me that all governments were corrupt in EVERY edition if the world cup Africans participated in.....also...there are non corrupt countries who haven't won the world cup....e.g Netherlands...it should tell you that its more than just corruption
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
My people I need help!

I've gotten so addicted that iwobi's magical killer pass to Ighalo against England. I just can't stop checking it out every now and then.

Any tips to get over it?

Xvideos

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
ChrisKels:
Lol Chuba Akpom now keen on representing Nigeria after it is done on him that England opportunity is a far cry? Well, I welcome him if he could raise his game.

Chuba had always wanted to play for Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
Kog45:
Oga whether dem good or not make we dey cap dem go instead of 5 years old Kwara Polytechnic graduates playing for U 21.
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
forgiveness:

Chuba had always wanted to play for Nigeria.
Not at first...only came around a few years ago. Seeing his buddy Iwobi shining has no doubt swayed him even more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3988) (3989) (3990) (3991) (3992) (3993) (3994) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.