Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11677645 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) (4014) (4015) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
andrew444:

Sane was good enough for germany the world knows that,if leroy sane is not good enough for germany,is julian brandt better than him?

Or will you tell me nianggolan is not good enough for belgium because he is not at the world cup? as far as i am concerned he is their best Midfielder.

when i said a Sane was not good enough for Germany i meant he was not needed, someone said Noah bazee will make the german team if fit, do you underatand now??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
Martz101:

when i said a Sane was not good enough for Germany i meant he was not needed, someone said Noah bazee will make the german team if fit, do you underatand now??

Lol noah bazee,you should have seen what i said.

Oga forgiveness said noah bazee will make the german team

Lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Guys, how do you see Joel as LWB? He's naturally left footed and energetic too... and much more experienced that Idowu.

Idowu isn't left footed and that makes him struggle to deliver good crosses... Even using His right foot instead of left
Expect penalty. Finish

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
Farah The Falcon Predict Winner Of Croatia v Nigeria Match
June 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Dubai-based bird of prey has taken it upon herself to predict all 64 of the matches in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. But how will Nigeria fare?

Nigeria’s new kit might be all the rage in the build-up to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, but the Super Eagles aren’t the only bird of prey to be making a name for themselves. UAE-based radio station Dubai Eye 103.8 has recruited Farah the Falcon, a two-year-old female Saker, to predict every single one of the 64 matches held in Russia between June 14 to July 15, 2018.

Related: KNOW YOUR WORLD CUP SUPER EAGLES: Profiles Of Rohr’s Final 23 To Russia

After Paul the Octopus became a global sensation in 2010, a raft of psychic animals have tried their luck at picking World Cup winners, but Farah’s predatory instinct and unblinking gaze over the fixture list is sure to stand her in good stead in 2018. But Nigeria fans may not agree with her selections in what is sure to be a closely fought D!

Shot at the stunning desert location of the Al Maha resort, Farah has sized up Nigeria’s
‘Group of Death’ and made her predictions. Clashing with Argentina in Lionel Messi’s last World Cup, a talented Croatia team and Iceland’s Euro 2016 heroes will ensure progress is anything but smooth for the Eagles. But can they prove this impertinent falcon wrong? Enjoy

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/farah-the-falcon-predict-winner-of-croatia-v-nigeria-match/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
As at 38 mins ago via updates,

#SuperEagles flight from Austria delayed. They were due by 10pm. Now team expected to land in #Russia by 11pm local time, 9 pm in #NGA

Meanwhile, The FIFA World cup official hasttag for Nigeria's Super Eagles is also out. It is #NGA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
hmmmmmmmm make nff go beg this eagle oooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
MetalJigsaw:

Dubai-based bird of prey has taken it upon herself to predict all 64 of the matches in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. But how will Nigeria fare?

Nigeria’s new kit might be all the rage in the build-up to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, but the Super Eagles aren’t the only bird of prey to be making a name for themselves. UAE-based radio station Dubai Eye 103.8 has recruited Farah the Falcon, a two-year-old female Saker, to predict every single one of the 64 matches held in Russia between June 14 to July 15, 2018.

Related: KNOW YOUR WORLD CUP SUPER EAGLES: Profiles Of Rohr’s Final 23 To Russia

After Paul the Octopus became a global sensation in 2010, a raft of psychic animals have tried their luck at picking World Cup winners, but Farah’s predatory instinct and unblinking gaze over the fixture list is sure to stand her in good stead in 2018. But Nigeria fans may not agree with her selections in what is sure to be a closely fought D!

Shot at the stunning desert location of the Al Maha resort, Farah has sized up Nigeria’s
‘Group of Death’ and made her predictions. Clashing with Argentina in Lionel Messi’s last World Cup, a talented Croatia team and Iceland’s Euro 2016 heroes will ensure progress is anything but smooth for the Eagles. But can they prove this impertinent falcon wrong? Enjoy

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/farah-the-falcon-predict-winner-of-croatia-v-nigeria-match/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mujtahida:
The first match is all or nothing. Win it, we go up. Lose it, we go down. I don't see no in betweens.

Over to you Baba Rohr and your 23 musketeers.

If Rohr gets to read a post as this he might develop cold feet. chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Wolves' Premier League ambitions are laid bare in new accounts that show the club has committed £67million on signing players since it was bought by Chinese owners Fosun in 2016.

The spending spree over the last two seasons has seen Wolves soar to the top of the Championship and hold its leadership position for the last five months.

The latest set of accounts from Wolverhampton Wanderers, filed at Companies House this week, show the club spent £32.5m on new players in the financial year to the end of May 2017, including £13m for Helder Costa and £7m, for Ivan Cavaleiro.

But, buried at the back of the 31-page document, the papers reveal that since the end 2016/17 the club has committed another £34.7m on new players.[b] That figure is made up of around £20m on signing Ruben Neves, Roderick Miranda, Barry Douglas and Rafa Mir this season[b] – plus a commitment of between £10m and £15m to buy loan star Diogo Jota this summer.

What the accounts reveal about Financial Fair Play fears
The accounts also show that net debt at the club has soared, from just £4.3m in 2016 to £23.8m by the end of May last year.

That is largely due to loans from parent group Fosun as it bankrolls Wolves' promotion ambitions. £6m is due to be repaid to Fosun this year and £21m by the end of May next year.

Wolves big spending and the £23.2m loss the club made in 2016-17 has raised fears over breaching football's Financial Fair Play regulations.

These cap Championship club losses at £39m over three season, but breaching the rules could result in the loss of points, transfer embargoes or fines.

In their strategic report in the accounts, the directors admit that the loss was due to the club's investment in the playing squad, "and therefore there is a risk in repsent of complyuing with the Profit and Sustainability regulations, where failure to meet the required thresholds can result in both financial and operational sanctions to the group".

As a result they are monitoring the situation "month on month", comparing their forecasts for financial performance against the regulations, "to ensure the directors can respond to any potential forecasted breaches to mitigage the risk of such sanctions".

the bolded was the signings for the season, this your copy and paste was about there over spending since 2016/2017 season which they even spend more and still got no promotion and it consequences in regards to financial fair play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOMnaija(m): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
Guess who's here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
andrew444:

Aluko might not make the super eagles team.

Is aina good enough?

Is agu good enough?

Does alampasu plays first team football?

Now go and ask brazil coach why he is about to take a 35 years old daniel alves to the world cup if not because of injury danilo will be no where near that team.

Still ask brazil coach why did he take a 30 year old marcelo and a 33 year old filepe luis and drop a younger alex sandro of juventus.

Before you open your mouth to talk about age why dont you ask if the younger ones are good enough.

Echijile might be a bad player but if you think old aina is good enough because he was born in uk the you must be the biggest dreamer ever.

You are forward and you seems to be too slow.

Go back and read my comment very well before you start portraying yourself as one devoid of comprehension.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
and the heavy investment which started from 2016 wasn't forthe intention to make it to the epl?" go sleep abeg
Martz101:

the bolded was the signings for the season, this your copy and paste was about there over spending since 2016/2017 season which they even spend more and still got no promotion and it consequences in regards to financial fair play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
safarigirl come see oh... kai
ChrisKels:

I have never seen an Eagle as handsome as Awaziem. Ekong try sha but Awaziem is natural.

His pics alone wets pnts of his female fans. His tiny succulent red lips knot together with his clean and well shaven beard gang would make Bobrisky and his ilks pee themselves.

Dude would make it as a model if he wasn't a footballer. But I go bench him for d modelling field grin

I love my crew handsome and rich grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
charlesemeka85:
and the heavy investment which started from 2016 wasn't forthe intention to make it to the epl?" go sleep abeg

your type rely more on insults to make a point.

for the records wolves spent even more in 2016/2017 season but flirted with relegation and ended up 15 in the league.

Championship is one of the most difficult league, nothing is guaranteed even with your money and big players, ask leeds United, they have done everything to come back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Arnaut Groeneveld? Yea, I've been following him.

charlesemeka85:
one danjuma kid who is half nigerian and half dutch have switched allegiance to nigeria after joining belgian champions club brugge from dutch 2nd division team NES

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
and what does your type rely on with your insinuation "copy and paste".i am not here to make troubles nor exchange words with anyone. everyone of us is entitled to his or her opinion
Martz101:

for the records wolves spent even more in 2016/2017 season but flirted with relegation and ended up 15 in the league.

Championship is one of the most difficult league, nothing is guaranteed even with your money and big players, ask leeds United, they have done everything to come back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
Abeg shocked , where is Ogu's trouser's jumping abi na running to ? Them for find him size for am na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
andrew444:

Thank you for this,but try and understand etebo is playing for fierense,trust me he wont last at the championship before the big guns come calling.

Hopefully he consistently gives fine performances
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
darkelf:

Hopefully he consistently gives fine performances

Yeah bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Martz101:

Nothing difficult in championship just that the games are many,Benitez bought Newcastle back immediately

I remember when west ham went down they where back in the Epl following season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
Oparanozie, Oshoala On Target As Super Falcons Spell G-A-M-B-I-A, Pick AWCON Ticket
June 11, 2018 6:30 pm

African champions Super Falcons of Nigeria have qualified for the 2018 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON) in Ghana after thrashing Gambia 6-0 in the second leg of their play-off tie at the Agege Stadium on Monday.

Four goals from Desire Oparanozie and a brace from Asisat Oshoala secured the emphatic win for the Super Falcons who went through 7-0 on aggregate after winning the first-leg 1-0.

They will now head to the 2018 AWCON which will begin in November this year and serve as qualifiers for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup in France.

At the 2016 AWCON in Cameroon, the Super Falcons pipped the Indomitable Lionesses to claim their eighth African title.

The Super Falcons got off to the perfect start through Oparanozie who converted a third minute penalty after Francisca Ortega was fouled inside the box.

Oshoala thought she had doubled the Super Falcons lead in the eighth minute only for her easy tap in to be ruled out for offside.
Amarachi Okonkwo went close in the 29th minute with a 25-yard screamer which came off the bar.

Five minutes to the end of the first half, Oshoala had a chance to get on the score sheet after brilliantly beating her marker and rounding the keeper only to see her effort go inches wide.

On the stroke of half-time,Oshoala made up for her earlier miss as she scored to make it 2-0.

In the 49th minute, the Super Falcons went 3-0 up thanks to Oparanozie who tapped in Oshoala ‘s cross.

Oparanozie bagged her second goal in the 65th minute after racing onto Ngozi Okobi’s pass and firing past the Gambian keeper to give the Super Falcons a 4-0 lead.

The Super Falcons continued to torment the Gambian defence and were rewarded again on 74 minutes thanks to Oshoala who breezed past the visitors’ defence and slotted home to bring the score to 5-0.

With seven minutes left, Oparanozie grabbed her fourth goal of the game to extend the Super Falcons lead to six.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oparanozie-oshoala-on-target-as-super-falcons-spell-g-a-m-b-i-a-pick-awcon-ticket/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
your reply has lots of commonsense oh.. i've learned something today grin

Humility017:

me praying for the success of the super eagles is not scriptural?
please talk what you know...

so praying for super eagles success is invariably praying for the failure of other teams....
sometimes it is good we have little of common sense.... because it helps alot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
I am not overly excited about Etebo's Porter move. I feel it is a step lower having just played in La Liga. The physicality is also unnecessary at times in that league but if they are able to make a direct move back in the EPL it may be worth the trouble although I would like our players to start playing in good teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
BOOMnaija:
All hail d boys...
Show some likes wink

Imagine how this attire will look on Brian idowu and simi nwankwo grin
This will be the first time I have seen Mr Rohr look daper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
I totally agree..

He would have got a better deal/team after the world cup, even if he doesn't get to kick a ball.

BascoVanVeli:
I am not overly excited about Etebo's Porter move. I feel it is a step lower having just played in La Liga. The physicality is also unnecessary at times in that league but if they are able to make a direct move back in the EPL it may be worth the trouble although I would like our players to start playing in good teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
The tension is on!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
Martz101:

wolves didn't spend up to middlesboro, not even half and they didn't spend up to 50million

middlesboro had even more experience pulis, championship is not by spending

Wolves are connected to one super agent I think Mendez. Anyways they get all these top players for low prices and they are mainly from Porto. There is this one guy that scores only beautiful goals and IMO he was the best championship player by miles. They also had a porto defender that made the team of the season if im not mistaken. A lot of grumblings are going on that wolves are not doing things the right way but no one can put their finger on exactly wat rule they are breaking.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
From Samm Audu via Twitter

(he is already at The Super Eagles base camp in Essentuki, Russia)

"The Eagle of Essentuki is waiting for #SuperEagles of #Nigeria ��to hit town today #WorldCup"

The Eagle be like, "Where are my brothers, The Super Eagles of Nigeria? Where dem dey? I don dey wait here tire"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Rohr: Uzoho Has Edge But No Final Decision On Super Eagles No.1
June 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr has stated that young goalkeeper Francis Uzoho has a little edge over his two other rivals for the goalkeeping position, but admitted that he is yet to make up his mind on who will be in goal for the team in Saturday’s Group D fixture against Croatia, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Youngster Francis Uzoho has started the Super Eagles’ last five games and and is seen by many as the successor to Carl Ikeme who will not be in Russia due to health concerns.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa was in goal in four of Nigeria’s World Cup qualifying games, while Daniel Akpeyi was involved in one.

But Rohr insisted the position is still up for grabs with the duo of Ezenwa and Akpeyi still hoping to dislodge the youngster.
“We have three good goalkeepers and the competition is open, although at the moment, Francis Uzoho has a little advantage,” Rohr told Argentine online news outlet Ole.com.ar .

“There’s a lot of pressure on him, but we’ll see him in the next few days of training.”
Nigeria’s opening game against the Croats will be at the Kaliningrad Stadium.
https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-uzoho-has-edge-but-no-final-decision-on-super-eagles-no-1/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
edi287:

Yeah probably. Apparently he rejected moves to Bundesliga sides for them.
I'm just not sure if Stoke can bounce back up straight away. They've been very poor in the transfer market and aren't as organized as before.

My brother,I like being practical. We have to understand that football is being played for money.
If those Bundesliga clubs offered more money than Stoke, there's no way Firense and Etebo would have opted for Stoke city.

Truth is that their project enticed him and I'm very sure he is due a handsome bonus if Stoke regained promotion to the elite division, maybe 2-3 million large ones or even more, in addition to 30-50k P/W. I will be surprised if any Bundesliga club matched that offer.

Look at the guy on nairaland front page, Chikeluba Ofoedu. This was a poor looking street boy I met some years ago wearing okirika polo when a mutual friend introduced him to me as a footballer. I took interest in him and discovered he was a madly talented football player. When I heard he was signed by a Turkish 2nd division team, I was livid, because I knew he was good enough to play for a top champions league team, but today look at him, he can afford a N200M mansion and a Porsche for his mom. All these while not playing for a popular European team.
Make no mistake about it, it's all about the money and rightly so.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

Ta!! Get out!! Nonsense bird, if not for my respect for the Super Falcons grin grin I would have told u my mind.
Anyways I have activated believe mode so I don't even care what the odds look like cool cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

this Saker need to be fried .... peppered saker with garri , it should stop predicting nonsense

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Rohr: Uzoho Has Edge But No Final Decision On Super Eagles No.1
June 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr has stated that young goalkeeper Francis Uzoho has a little edge over his two other rivals for the goalkeeping position, but admitted that he is yet to make up his mind on who will be in goal for the team in Saturday’s Group D fixture against Croatia, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Youngster Francis Uzoho has started the Super Eagles’ last five games and and is seen by many as the successor to Carl Ikeme who will not be in Russia due to health concerns.

Ikechukwu Ezenwa was in goal in four of Nigeria’s World Cup qualifying games, while Daniel Akpeyi was involved in one.

But Rohr insisted the position is still up for grabs with the duo of Ezenwa and Akpeyi still hoping to dislodge the youngster.
“We have three good goalkeepers and the competition is open, although at the moment, Francis Uzoho has a little advantage,” Rohr told Argentine online news outlet Ole.com.ar .

“There’s a lot of pressure on him, but we’ll see him in the next few days of training.”
Nigeria’s opening game against the Croats will be at the Kaliningrad Stadium.
https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-uzoho-has-edge-but-no-final-decision-on-super-eagles-no-1/

This papa Rohr na lair o undecided sho so after playing only one goalkeeper for since after the qualifiers u expect me to believe that Ezenwa or Akpeyi could start against Croatia? if he does that then we better win because nobody will agree in using disguise tactics with the goalkeepers.
Barring injuries or the young man getting caught with Russian (coughs) professionals, I am almost sure Uzoho will open the WC as our number one.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) (4014) (4015) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: viccy12, Impeccable5248(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.