Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11702399 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4062) (4063) (4064) (4065) (4066) (4067) (4068) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
From Croatian fan page

Scoring six goals?!. Ha!. Croatia couldn’t do that tomorrow if they were playing Malta
I have my concerns about being over run in the midfield by only playoff two midfielders
You take the strongest aspect of your team and concede it to the other team
But you know what, I’m actually content he’s going to try this high pressing attack style
Croatia can’t score goals. Despite supposedly having one of the best midfields in the world, they attack down the wing and via crosses more than any team in the world cup (which is not an effective way to score by the way)
No surprise they can go 400 minutes without scoring a goal and being one of the worst goal scoring teams to ever qualify
So maybe this high press will make the game a little messiwr and give Croatia more chances
They have a good striker oooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
First of all, if we play well, I don't really see them controlling possession tomorrow. Forget the big names, their midfielders are not exactly better than ours. Secondly, our fullbacks are not as bad as they think. Right now, my only concern is the goalkeeping department alongside the CBs if Balogun is ruled out. Omeruo is a solid player but he'll always give you at least one big howler in a game. He's like Joseph Yobo in that aspect ... tend to develop occasional lack of concentration.

Meanwhile, soetanoreoluwa, thank you for this scoop. We need more info on how our opponents perceive our team.

O pari

soetanoreoluwa:
From Croatia fan page

moses vs strinic is a no contest i’m afraid. but football is a team game, if we control possession effectively moses will be starved of the ball in dandegrous positions, hopefully he’ll spend most of the match helping his fullback deal with perisic. nigeria are very weak at fullback. both their left and right backs are worse than strinic….

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
From Croatian fan page

Scoring six goals?!. Ha!. Croatia couldn’t do that tomorrow if they were playing Malta
I have my concerns about being over run in the midfield by only playoff two midfielders
You take the strongest aspect of your team and concede it to the other team
But you know what, I’m actually content he’s going to try this high pressing attack style
Croatia can’t score goals. Despite supposedly having one of the best midfields in the world, they attack down the wing and via crosses more than any team in the world cup (which is not an effective way to score by the way)
No surprise they can go 400 minutes without scoring a goal and being one of the worst goal scoring teams to ever qualify
So maybe this high press will make the game a little messiwr and give Croatia more chances

Send the link.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
Haha that advert cracked me up: "Emzor paracetamol, the official Paracetamol of the Super Eagles".

It should have been "the official Paracetamol of the Super Eagles fans". Cos we will need plenty of it tomorrow with all the anxiety, screaming and jumping upandan.

Anyways I am planning to adopt the method I used in watching the Nigeria Vs Bosnia game of 2014 WC. Nobody should ask me what method o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by shogz89: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!! We definitely need more prayers, especially this one that all the dark characters in the universe (the psychic cat abi na dog, the IMB AI Simulator, etc) are all picking the Super Eagles to overachieve at this tournament.

Anyway, my prayers warriors are already busy at work. So no tension grin

O pari

lol.. Even Marcus the pig pick us to reach the semi final and they said he has a 100% record. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Which players do they have better than ours?. Nigeria is the beat going to this WC.

You really know nothing about the Moroccan team. Its obvious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Icon4s:

I swear fear catch me after that Moroccan goalie made those double saves.

Hmm....na wa o

I hope Rohr corrects Uzoho's parrying of the ball to approaching opponents. It cost us during the friendlies. Notice how this Moroccan goalie parried it just over the crossbar. If you saw the Egypt game, you'd notice that screamer from Cavani that was saved by the Egyptian goalie. I used to think we've got everything in place but unfolding events have brought me down to earth. We're in trouble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fadiga24(m): 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
Let me drop this here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Which players do they have better than ours?. Nigeria is the beat going to this WC.

You don't have a player like belhanda in your team.

You don't have a player like mehdi benathia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
It would be nice if Rohr flip the script on some players

I would like it if he plays people nobody saw coming. I know Croatia already have some of our key players marked, going by Rohr's favs. But what if he flips the script? Drops Shehu and Ighalo especially. That will surely rattle them off.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hakim Ziyech should be made to play further forward in the final third abeg! He fell too deeply in midfield for most parts of the first half. He is far more creative and useful with the ball than Morocco's no.10, Younes Belhanda.

At Ajax, Ziyech does his best when he is closer to goal as an AM and not from deep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
LieDetector:
I hope Rohr corrects Uzoho's parrying of the ball to approaching opponents. It cost us during the friendlies. Notice how this Moroccan goalie parried it just over the crossbar. If you saw the Egypt game, you'd notice that screamer from Cavani that was saved by the Egyptian goalie. I used to think we've got everything in place but unfolding events have brought me down to earth. We're in trouble

Well it starting seeming as though I have something against Uzoho so I decided to Sidon look. I am still not comfortable with him. He is our weakest link.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
Fadiga24:
Let me drop this here
drop Etebo, move Iwobi to the middle, shift Mikel to Etebo's position, field Ebuehi in Iwobi's position and you're good to go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mybettingtips:

Weak fullbacks....This is why we need Ebuehi tomorrow.

Rohr should not start Shehu
I dey tell you. Rohr would be very stupid to start shehu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
No surprises Maroc VS Iran still goalless. The Iranians are pragmatic goalless draw merchants. I still recall the bore goalless draw they erked out against Nigeria in 2014.
That game could pass as the most boring world cup game ever, in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
Nah, I don't think so. Morocco is playing well ... very well actually. They just need to avoid defeat today because I will take this Moroccan team over Portugal in the second game.

O pari

Icon4s:
If Morocco fails to win this game, sorry, it is over for them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Guy trust me, Persians are ballers, the only thing taking them down is their constant political instability. Most talents chose terrorism ahead of better careers.

Most talents choose terrorism I am sorry but this is a very ignorant statement. How many iranians are terrorists compared to the general population??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
Fixed. Ziyech is better as a reference point of discussion plsss.. Belhanda is decent but we have better players than him. Don't insult the Super Eagles abeg.

andrew444:

You don't have a player like belhanda Ziyech in your team.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2018
Icon79:
First of all, if we play well, I don't really see them controlling possession tomorrow. Forget the big names, their midfielders are not exactly better than ours. Secondly, our fullbacks are not as bad as they think. Right now, my only concern is the goalkeeping department alongside the CBs if Balogun is ruled out. Omeruo is a solid player but he'll always give you at least one big howler in a game. He's like Joseph Yobo in that aspect ... tend to develop occasional lack of concentration.

Meanwhile, soetanoreoluwa, thank you for this scoop. We need more info on how our opponents perceive our team.

O pari

Balogun already ruled out of tomorrows match... We will settle down with omeruo...

But I see us going for counter attacking system provided Papi Rohr leave Ebuehi out of the starting eleven...

We just need our midfield and attack to come to party by converting every half chances... The first 20-25mins is very important we need to hold our own and be compart ... We can get a goal after 25mins ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Fixed. Ziyech is better as a reference point of discussion plsss.. Belhanda is decent but we have better players than him. Don't insult the Super Eagles abeg.

Lol Thank you for putting ziyech.

Make i no mention make i just respect super eagles thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
andrew444:

You don't have a player like belhanda in your team.

and what have they done so far?

Aside Nigeria, Morocco is the next team I support, then Senegal.

My own is that, I want them to beat Portugal, I just don't understand them against this Iran.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
From Croatian fan page

nigeria are good in midfield, not as good as us though. weak at the back. dangerous in attack

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
safarigirl:
and what have they done so far?

Aside Nigeria, Morocco is the next team I support, then Senegal.

My own is that, I want them to beat Portugal, I just don't understand them against this Iran.

Chill na na 90 minute be football.

Shebi na so una dey praise egypt till dem score them 90 minute?

Just chill morocco will win this game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
For a better chance of having half chances conversion, we would need an Iheanacho then. Ighalo is our 9 but half chances are not his thing compared to Nacho.

soetanoreoluwa:

Balogun already ruled out of tomorrows match... We will settle down with omeruo...

But I see us going for counter attacking system provided Papi Rohr leave Ebuehi out of the starting eleven...

We just need our midfield and attack to come to party by converting every half chances... The first 20-25mins is very important we need to hold our own and be compart ... We can get a goal after 25mins ...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
For a better chance of having half chances conversion, we would need an Iheanacho then. Ighalo is our 9 but half chances are not his thing compared to Nacho.

Exactly, I love the paring of Iwobi and nacho

Nacho and Vic Moses is also juicy too

But we need to wait till tomorrow for PAPI Rohr to reveal what he have for us...

It is well... Just need to win this match tomorrow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
Sportilitica:

They have a good striker oooooo

We also have good striker too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
andrew444:

Chill na na 90 minute be football.

Shebi na so una dey praise egypt till dem score them 90 minute?

Just chill morocco will win this game.
we know that the level of opposition Egypt came up against is far better than these Iranians, they earned their own praise

I am disappointed so far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
chrisooblog:
But nawa for FIFA sef musical instruments that will play melodious music they banned yet annoying and irritating vuvuzelas they allowed
it was vuvuzelas that made them ban musical instruments.

una don come with another "the coach should remove ebuehi and put tyronne" kind of comment again ba grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
safarigirl:
we know that the level of opposition Egypt came up against is far better than these Iranians, they earned their own praise

I am disappointed so far

Lol thats true sha,anyway make dem just collect 3 point,Ordinary iran sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2018
Feeling sleepy already.

This Morocco match Sha....

(1) (2) (3) ... (4062) (4063) (4064) (4065) (4066) (4067) (4068) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), realpoacher(m), Philosopher1979 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.