Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11684347 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) (4169) (4170) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
AIG07:
We don't have to use strength to break defences we need clever attackers. Till the time Ighalo was subbed off he never won a single ball with his strength. Of what use is strength when you can't use it. We don't have strikers like Costa that will fight for every aerial lballs. You will only see Ighalo standing and backing defenders.

If Rohr starts him, we will not score.

grin

Sir, Ighalo is the best to lead the Attack not Iheanacho cos the latter is better off as a SS. Though the primary Assignment of a Striker is to score Goals, but sometimes you need to look beyond that. You need to consider what he can bring on board aside from scoring Goals.

Having Ighalo as a leading Striker with Iheanacho behind him gonna be more effective. Ighalo Stamina gonna be handy to bully and create space for Iheanacho to exploit and do the needful in the Box.

How on earth are you suggesting the Duo of Iheanacho and Iwobi to lead the Attack?! We've debated countlessly on this Thread that Iheanacho is better off as a SS not a leading Striker with Facts and Stats.

Moreso, have you watched Iwobi played as a SS, even for his Club?! What Match(es), how many Minutes?! You can't just pick Players for Roles based on Perception or personal Conviction Sir.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
Joebie:
Even at 2-0 up the Croats were still searching
Did you see how Etebo won that free kick and kept complaining till the ref answered by giving the Croats a yellow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha. We are all coaches oo

grin

Seriously.... I really laughed so hard when my Eyes jammed Mikel to play as an auxiliary Centre Back!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
keep on lamenting

bunch of losers (super eagles)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
So people still believe stubborn Rohr can turn things around for good? Yawns! Mehn una lye down for bare floor.

I will love to be proven wrong, but until then, we are down and out.

This is looking like our worst ever worldcup outing. Painful, really painful considering we had our best preparation ever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
Yes I saw that, but Etebo was still advancing. The Ref could have always brought the play back and awarded a free kick.

AIG07:
Did you see how Etebo won that free kick and kept complaining till the ref answered by giving the Croats a yellow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
Our boys tried. We were not just lucky in the final third. We need a clinical forward line. We didn't create more but the few we had we squandered.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
My final take is that we are not utilizing our players fully.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
Which did we squander?
AIG07:
Our boys tried. We were not just lucky in the final third. We need a clinical forward line. We didn't create more but the few we had we squandered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
Joebie:
Which did we squander?

grin

I wanted to ask the same Bruh. Creating one or two half chances and you expect the Striker to score??

I was even wondering if we did create any Chance at all whether a goal begging chance or half chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
kennysville:
Friends, Countrymen, Nairalanders....

It hurts but the truth has to be said. I dont think I was surprised at the result considering the approach our gaffer took. A glance (not even a cursory look) at his team list tells you what to expect. By the time we start to take cursory look, we will all notice the formation had something wrong in it.

If there is anything I have noticed about our coach , its his stubborness and supposed loyalty to his players , most especially the ones that got us qualified. Having said that, I wanna ask a question. Why keep playing a formation that failed against european opponents during the friendlies? Why did we bother to play the friendlies if he was going to keep repeating the same thing? Lets take it back to the friendly against poland. We scraped through that match and we played nothing of note and won the game on the strength of selfish play of moses which resulted in a penalty. Lets not forget that the referee in the said match is an EPL referee ( Michael Oliver). So we got away with a win only to crumble against Serbs. My question is what did we change Before going into the games against both England and Czech? At best we got labelled a 2nd half team.

The way Rohr kept tinkering the team, it felt like a mechanic trying to put the steering wheel of a car inside the trunk and expecting to steer the car by just opening the door and closing it. We all know how machines work. A wrong pulley or cog in the wrong place and ur machine grinds to a halt. Why will he not play with the strengths of his players? Is it a must to play 4-3-2-1? Or 4-3-3? In fact the pertinent question is what exactly is his coaching philosophy? Is it one of winning mentality? Or one of Conservatism? Its like setting ur team up with no plan to win a game and saying if we win, its a plus.... afterall the players are average players. Siasia is known for 90mins attacking football, Keshi is known for being very defensive in his approach but I cant understand what Rohr will tag his own philosophy (get battered in the first half then wake up and put up a seemingly brave fight in the 2nd half so it can appear like the players played well? )

I would have expected him to build heavily on the 3-5-2 formation because it brought about the best in a lot of players. Even blind Bartimeus could see this in all clarity. It is a formation that relied on pace which some of our players seem to have and ultimately would have affected his 23 man list simply because some players WILL never fit in. It is a formation that works with 1-2 quick interchanges of passes. Even if he wanted to accomodate all his beloved players, he could still do so in a 3-5-2. For crying out lout, who says both Shehu and Ebuehi cannot play in the same game at the ssme time?? If he noticed that Ebuehi has pace and can run the wings, why not groom him into a winger than can have sweet ball deliveries in the wings? Oh I forgot! he doesnt have more RBs. This is why you need utility players in your team. Its called plan B,C and D.
Tactically, he goofed big time! I bet he is one of those that prefer Nokia3310 phones to Androids.
Oh gosh now its all adding up! We Should have known from his way of dressing. Wearing short sleeved suits with odd color trainers.

If its not that he planned sabotaging Nigeria, after seeing the way we played the first half against England and Czech, why repeat the same thing at the world cup? Who is he trying to accomodate really? Why play that stupid formation of lone ranger upfront? And as if that wasnt enough, his substitutions were mind boggling.
I see a lot of people blaming Mikel. Mikel cannot split himself into 2 being both a defensive and attacking midfielder at the same time. Lets also not forget that he doesnt have the pace anymore. Common sense should play Mikel in the role he has been TRAINED to play in the last 13years. Who was charged with the responsibility of driving the attack? Oh yeah.... its Mikel. And he is supposed to pass to who? Ighalo? Watch Ighalo and see that all long balls to him upon first touch, he goes to ground. His own idea of being a 9 is drawing fouls from opponents. Only for Moses to come and take the useless resultant free kick into the air for...... nobody in particular. And this is the one we charged with scoring all our goals? Kolewerk now?

AVERAGE PLAYERS
At this juncture, we should stop saying average players. Mikel the leader plied his trade for 11 long years with chelsea. What is average about him? Iheanacho before being offloaded by Baldiola was not a flash in the pan, otherwise there wouldnt av been a buy back clause inserted into his transfer. If we keep tagging them average just because of the clubs they play for, when will they actually be seen as quality? The players we currently have, have all it takes to beat just about any team and i mean every word of it. Our gaffer should be brave enough to attack like his life depended on it. Play the right personnels for the good of the team. Have an attacking mentality and we will see a different super Eagles.

These are the same set of players that qualified, average or not! They are the same players that beat Argentina. Stop calling them Average so you can downplay their prowess!!. If this team fails, its not because we lack quality.... it is down to the coach!!

End of Long Story!!!

I still support the team even in their frailties.
#NAIJA4LIFE
God bless you a million times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
mumemma:

Not with ur 4-3-3 coach........
you can say that again bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
ChrisKels:
So people still believe stubborn Rohr can turn things around for good? Yawns! Mehn una lye down for bare floor.

I will love to be proven wrong, but until then, we are down and out.

This is looking like our worst ever worldcup outing. Painful, really painful considering we had our best preparation ever

Bros if we don't support our team who will??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Sir, Ighalo is the best to lead the Attack not Iheanacho cos the latter is better off as a SS. Though the primary Assignment of a Striker is to score Goals, but sometimes you need to look beyond that. You need to consider what he can bring on board aside from scoring Goals.

Having Ighalo as a leading Striker with Iheanacho behind him gonna be more effective. Ighalo Stamina gonna be handy to bully and create space for Iheanacho to exploit and do the needful in the Box.

How on earth are you suggesting the Duo of Iheanacho and Iwobi to lead the Attack?! We've debated countlessly on this Thread that Iheanacho is better off as a SS not a leading Striker with Facts and Stats.

Moreso, have you watched Iwobi played as a SS, even for his Club?! What Match(es), how many Minutes?! You can't just pick Players for Roles based on Perception or personal Conviction Sir.

What does Ighalo bring on board? What's the use of a striker if you cannot score? Or are we playing rugby? Iwobi and Kelechi are better scorers. We need goals to win a match and not pushing defenders.

This is world cup and not Africa. If you push, it will be foul.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Icon79:
Gernot has been with the team for well over a year going to 2 years but he still doesn't know his best team yet. He's probably the only person who thinks that Jude Ighalo is better than Kelechi Iheanacho. He's probably the only person who thinks that Shehu Abdullahi is better than Tryoone Ebuehi. He's probably the one person who doesn't agree that 3-5-2 is the formation that gives us the best chance to win.

That man has really made some strange decisions that kept me befuddled.

O pari
I never knew a German coach with 'experience' can be this clueless.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

I wanted to ask the same Bruh. Creating one or two half chances and you expect the Striker to score??

I was even wondering if we did create any Chance at all whether a goal begging chance or half chance.

With Ighalo you won't create chances cos he's always with a defender and doesn't make runs. It's runs that create space for a through pass. It's easier for people to blame the midfielders but if the striker doesn't open up how do you create the chance?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
Exactly. I could hardly even think of us creating a half chance after going down with the 2nd goal, besides KC’s cross that met a well marked Musa. so u can’t use that word squander.

Oasis007:

grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
Joebie:
Yes I saw that, but Etebo was still advancing. The Ref could have always brought the play back and awarded a free kick.

the ref refused to blow for foul despite the several kicks Etebo was receiving. Etebo knew we were searching for goal falling down(just the way Moses does) won't help matters cos the ref who is right in front of you.,and yet refuse to blow after 1,2kicks will only wave play on if you fall.

Moses needs to be talked to. He needs to keep going most especially in the final third. We are not good with set pieces. Of what use will a set piece be for us if he keeps falling to win them. We played more free kicks and corners yet none was threatening. Mtcheew...

Iwobi did something that caught my attention. He knew we suck at defending corners, he ran Won a ball that was heading to wards the corner and diverted it to corner throw. He knew It was safer with cirner throws than corner kicks.

Tunisia lost because of the same thing. All Africans sucks at set piece defending. The dude had all the time in this world to clear the ball out at the dieing minutes but he chose back pass that was heavy and later resulted to corner. We seem to lack higher football intelligence. I

Idowu and Shehu kept getting us corners as if se we be huddersfield wey Sabi defend corners.

I hope Rohr fix it. Ekong too can't jump. Then our players look heavy. Their jumps were not convincing. They only leap like frog and expect the ball to touch their head. Kole werk!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
adetoya234:
Icelanders must trash super chickens. They deserve to qualify more than any team in that group. The Argies should come second because of my admiration for Messi.
I think this tag is gradually sneaking back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Anytime I say Nacho should lead the line with Alex, I'm suggesting the 2 false 9s in a 3 - 5-2 set up. And not as a lone striker. We don't have the required striker for the lone striker role. Simy would have been an option but no room to experiment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:

But didn't you see him condemn Okocha's analysis, he said he understood 3-5-2 to be great, but Croatia had attackers who needed more than 3 defenders.

The fact that he will be considering this in the next game is satisfying enough.
L'ago melo?

My brother it's too late. mark this

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
kennysville:
Friends, Countrymen, Nairalanders....

It hurts but the truth has to be said. I dont think I was surprised at the result considering the approach our gaffer took. A glance (not even a cursory look) at his team list tells you what to expect. By the time we start to take cursory look, we will all notice the formation had something wrong in it.

If there is anything I have noticed about our coach , its his stubborness and supposed loyalty to his players , most especially the ones that got us qualified. Having said that, I wanna ask a question. Why keep playing a formation that failed against european opponents during the friendlies? Why did we bother to play the friendlies if he was going to keep repeating the same thing? Lets take it back to the friendly against poland. We scraped through that match and we played nothing of note and won the game on the strength of selfish play of moses which resulted in a penalty. Lets not forget that the referee in the said match is an EPL referee ( Michael Oliver). So we got away with a win only to crumble against Serbs. My question is what did we change Before going into the games against both England and Czech? At best we got labelled a 2nd half team.

The way Rohr kept tinkering the team, it felt like a mechanic trying to put the steering wheel of a car inside the trunk and expecting to steer the car by just opening the door and closing it. We all know how machines work. A wrong pulley or cog in the wrong place and ur machine grinds to a halt. Why will he not play with the strengths of his players? Is it a must to play 4-3-2-1? Or 4-3-3? In fact the pertinent question is what exactly is his coaching philosophy? Is it one of winning mentality? Or one of Conservatism? Its like setting ur team up with no plan to win a game and saying if we win, its a plus.... afterall the players are average players. Siasia is known for 90mins attacking football, Keshi is known for being very defensive in his approach but I cant understand what Rohr will tag his own philosophy (get battered in the first half then wake up and put up a seemingly brave fight in the 2nd half so it can appear like the players played well? )

I would have expected him to build heavily on the 3-5-2 formation because it brought about the best in a lot of players. Even blind Bartimeus could see this in all clarity. It is a formation that relied on pace which some of our players seem to have and ultimately would have affected his 23 man list simply because some players WILL never fit in. It is a formation that works with 1-2 quick interchanges of passes. Even if he wanted to accomodate all his beloved players, he could still do so in a 3-5-2. For crying out lout, who says both Shehu and Ebuehi cannot play in the same game at the ssme time?? If he noticed that Ebuehi has pace and can run the wings, why not groom him into a winger than can have sweet ball deliveries in the wings? Oh I forgot! he doesnt have more RBs. This is why you need utility players in your team. Its called plan B,C and D.
Tactically, he goofed big time! I bet he is one of those that prefer Nokia3310 phones to Androids.
Oh gosh now its all adding up! We Should have known from his way of dressing. Wearing short sleeved suits with odd color trainers.

If its not that he planned sabotaging Nigeria, after seeing the way we played the first half against England and Czech, why repeat the same thing at the world cup? Who is he trying to accomodate really? Why play that stupid formation of lone ranger upfront? And as if that wasnt enough, his substitutions were mind boggling.
I see a lot of people blaming Mikel. Mikel cannot split himself into 2 being both a defensive and attacking midfielder at the same time. Lets also not forget that he doesnt have the pace anymore. Common sense should play Mikel in the role he has been TRAINED to play in the last 13years. Who was charged with the responsibility of driving the attack? Oh yeah.... its Mikel. And he is supposed to pass to who? Ighalo? Watch Ighalo and see that all long balls to him upon first touch, he goes to ground. His own idea of being a 9 is drawing fouls from opponents. Only for Moses to come and take the useless resultant free kick into the air for...... nobody in particular. And this is the one we charged with scoring all our goals? Kolewerk now?

AVERAGE PLAYERS
At this juncture, we should stop saying average players. Mikel the leader plied his trade for 11 long years with chelsea. What is average about him? Iheanacho before being offloaded by Baldiola was not a flash in the pan, otherwise there wouldnt av been a buy back clause inserted into his transfer. If we keep tagging them average just because of the clubs they play for, when will they actually be seen as quality? The players we currently have, have all it takes to beat just about any team and i mean every word of it. Our gaffer should be brave enough to attack like his life depended on it. Play the right personnels for the good of the team. Have an attacking mentality and we will see a different super Eagles.

These are the same set of players that qualified, average or not! They are the same players that beat Argentina. Stop calling them Average so you can downplay their prowess!!. If this team fails, its not because we lack quality.... it is down to the coach!!

End of Long Story!!!

I still support the team even in their frailties.
#NAIJA4LIFE

Rohr is a scam. Something tells me that man doesnt really care about our game, and by so doing, toying with our emotions. I'm beginning to believe dude is just about building his CV and smiling to the bank at the same time, if not, Whats the explanation for his unnecessary conservatism and stubbornness? Maybe he is plane clueless and this stage is too big for him.

I just tire

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
Martz101:

Bros if we don't support our team who will??

I support my team thats why for once, I never criticized the team but the coach who is bent on destroying everything the guys have worked for.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Joebie:
Which did we squander?
Ighalo had 2. But both of his shots were weak. One came early in the game. Iwobi was well positioned to receive a pass but he chose to go for it but he hit it poorly and was deflected out for corner.
The second came immediately we conceded our first goal. It was a through pass from either Mikel or Iwobi that fell to his left foot. He took another shot and it was blocked. Moses had like 3. He cut and shot wide. The second one was from Mikels pass but he went down looking for pen. Nacho took one too that went wide. They are all chances. We were just not clinical with them.

You saw how Kane scored 2goals from 2 shots and if I'm not mistaken that was all the chances that fell to him today and he took them to salvage 3 good points against the Tunis

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Catalyst4real: 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
charlesemeka85:
against iceland rohr should deploy the 3-5-2 formation and if done we stand a huge chance winning the match.the icelanders are compact and highly disciplined side but lacks creativity will lack creativity to subdue our midfield if we have move bodies there. i forsee them relying mainly on dead balls to score. iwobi and iheanacho if paired together up front will cause a lot of problems to the iceland defenders with their speed, understanding and trickerery. mikel and ndidi should shield the back 3 whereas the former will serve as an auxiliary centre back then etebo with is lungs and power should be deployed as a box to box midfielder. moses should play as a left wingback while ebuehi should be the right wingback. the trio of ekong, balogun and ogu should be the central defenders.

uzoho

ekong balogun ogu

ebuehi ndidi mikel moses

etebo

iwobi iheanacho
You just read my mind. Beautiful lineup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
mank1234:

What does Ighalo bring on board? What's the use of a striker if you cannot score? Or are we playing rugby? Iwobi and Kelechi are better scorers. We need goals to win a match and not pushing defenders.

This is world cup and not Africa. If you push, it will be foul.

grin

Good Question Bruh....... Ighalo can play as a target Man. He can attract more than a Defender to him, thereby freeing up space for Iheanacho to exploit.

It's not necessary for him to have the Ball often, rather be a Threat that destabilizes, disorganizes the Opposition defensive Setup.

Like JM would say whenever Lukaku was having Goals Drought - his general play is more important as far as he's creating Goals and unsettling the Opposition defensive Plan.

As you said, this is World thus experimenting shouldn't be the last Option. Mind telling how many Goals Iwobi scored as a Striker or SS for both Club and Country pls?!

mank1234:

With Ighalo you won't create chances cos he's always with a defender and doesn't make runs. It's runs that create space for a through pass. It's easier for people to blame the midfielders but if the striker doesn't open up how do you create the chance?

grin

That's why 2nd Striker is needed Bruh, being with Defender(s) will free up space for the pairing Striker to exploit.

How do you expect him to create Goals when he's the last Man making the Runs?! That's why many of us are suggesting Iheanacho to pair him upfront.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:30pm On Jun 18, 2018
mank1234:

you Sabi the thing jare. He Ighalo, is too static. He hardly jumps. He does not open up for passes and the most anno thing he waits for the ball to come and meet him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
mank1234:

A chance is only created when the striker has good positioning. U get to position urself well by being mobile but in Ighalo's case, he was always stuck with a defender. He even looks too heavy to run with a pumped out belle. I blame Rohr for all this because he works with this players everyday and should know his players (the good, better and best ones for every position in any system).

Guys, honestly, I am tired of Rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
AIG07:
Anytime I say Nacho should lead the line with Alex, I'm suggesting the 2 false 9s in a 3 - 5-2 set up. And not as a lone striker. We don't have the required striker for the lone striker role. Simy would have been an option but no room to experiment.

grin

You can't have 2 false 9s in a Setup Sir? Mind explaining how?! Secondly how do you expect 3 - 5 - 2 Formation to work when you are playing with your so called false 9s?!

Ighalo can play as a Target-Man. He has proven it, what's he's lacking is Support. Ighalo ain't the Problem, playing Mikel behind him is the real Problem Sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
make dem dey praise the team for a wayward loss?

Not really. You can criticize but you should at the same time give a profound analysis of the solutions. That's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
Neimar:
keep on lamenting

bunch of losers (super eagles)

You're the greatest looser - living in denial.
You're here because you love this team. Stop acting like you don't care.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
I like this fan..... Glad the players are getting the message.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) (4169) (4170) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Softbreastt, mostob(m), shawwal1(m), superbloke(m), mank1234(m), Stillwater10, opes, 12large1, Marjoribanks, Meliforme, CaptainStephen(m), Longneck and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.