Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662226 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
joseph1013:
safarigirl, thegoodjoe Any idea where thesupernerd is?
no idea why he doesn't come online. Last we spoke he said he hasn't felt up to it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
goldfish80:

All these back and forth is pointless. No matter how long we argue this, you won't agree Elderson has been one of our most consistent performers. Going to an extent of comparing him with Oshaniwa shows how desperate you are.

For starters, Elderson has 52 caps and counting. Your much fancied bling bling, Babayaro has just 27 caps.
He has twice the caps Babayaro who you rate as the best Nigerian left back, yet you have no qualms throwing him under the bus. Probably oblivious to you that he has achieved more than what Babayaro managed to achieve with the Super Eagles let alone Oshaniwa.

I would pay attention if you read the articles you posted before posting. Until then, you are just googling and posting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
goldfish80:

All these back and forth is pointless. No matter how long we argue this, you won't agree Elderson has been one of our most consistent performers. Going to an extent of comparing him with Oshaniwa shows how desperate you are.

For starters, Elderson has 52 caps and counting. Your much fancied bling bling, Babayaro has just 27 caps.
He has twice the caps Babayaro who you rate as the best Nigerian left back, yet you have no qualms throwing him under the bus. Probably oblivious to you that he has achieved more than what Babayaro managed to achieve with the Super Eagles let alone Oshaniwa.

Just Imagine who is calling me desperate. The one who did not know what he was posting.
grin

My man goldfish80.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
tglobal:
It's Nigeria, South Africa, Libya and Seychelles for 2019 Afcon

#Revenge on my mind#

Time to hit South Africa really hard.

**OnARevengeMission**

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
Goldfish80 and TheGoodJoe this una discussion is going back and forth.

Haba it's getting very interestingly eeee be like two heavyweight boxers deh drag ground for Warri motor Park.

I hope at the end there is a prize of Chairmanship with a good yearly allowance.

You suppose no say TheGoodJoe no go gree Oh haba Beeco nwayo nwayo as ibo man go talk. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
You know for my side it's grey damp cold and wet with the threat of snow.

You guys are really making my day, you are keeping me warm and alive. I deh laff no be small

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
Super Eagles coach Rohr off to Gabon for AFCON

Gernot Rohr

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr will leave today for AFCON 2017 in Gabon, where he will be a pundit for a French television channel.

Nigeria failed to qualify for a second straight AFCON and so Rohr will hope to use Gabon 2017 to monitor the country’s 2018 World Cup rivals, Cameroon and Algeria, at the tournament.

“It will be interesting to see the best teams in Africa in Gabon,” he said.

“I will analyse the opening game on Saturday between Gabon and Guinea Bissau as well as the match between Cameroon and Burkina Faso.”

Nigeria will also know today who will be their opponents for the qualifying series for 2019 AFCON to be hosted by Cameroon.

The qualifiers will begin by the end of March.

By Kola Daniel

https://mtnfootball.com/news/677887/Super-Eagles-coach-Rohr-off-to-Gabon-for-AFCON

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Nigeria up to 50th in the world in latest FIFA Rankings

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4735759_fifa_jpeg10c70e40ae85594eb99faf789f9c4677
Nigerian Players celebrating their goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup Qualifier match between Nigeria vs Algeria on November, 12th 2016 at Godswill Akpabio Stadium ©Kabiru Abubakar//Backpagepix

by Samm Audu

Nigeria have moved a spot up and are now 50th in the world according to the latest FIFA Rankings released today.

They are also seventh in the African ratings, which is still led by Senegal, who are ranked 33rd in the world.

However, the Super Eagles ranking is expected to suffer seriously by next month because they will not feature at AFCON 2017 in Gabon and have been inactive since their 3-1 home win over Algeria in a 2018 World Cup qualifier in November.

Nigeria World Cup rivals Algeria are 39th in the world and fifth in Africa, Cameroon are 62nd in the world and 12th in Africa, and Zambia are 88th in the world and 21st in Africa.

https://mtnfootball.com/news/677936/Nigeria-up-to-50th-in-the-world-in-latest-FIFA-Rankings

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Eagles coach hints on Nigerian-German striker for AFCON 2019 qualifier

Victor Osimhen - Rohr restates his plan to call up the new Wolfsburg boy

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has said he plans to call up a Nigerian-German striker for a 2019 AFCON qualifier in March.

Rohr said he has followed the striker, but would rather not reveal his identity yet.

“I will look at another Nigerian-German player who I discovered. I think we can see him in the next game in March,” he said.

“There is also the young (Victor) Osimhen, who from January 1 can now play professionally for Wolfsburg. I will look at him.

“We have a good competition among the strikers in the team.”

Rohr has been scouting Europe for top players with Nigerian root for the Super Eagles.

He had penciled down Tyronne Ebuehi, who was born in Holland to a Nigerian father, but the ADO Den Haag defender will later decline a call-up to the Super Eagles even after several assurances.

By Kola Daniel

https://mtnfootball.com/news/677904/Eagles-coach-hints-on-Nigerian-German-striker-for-AFCON-2019-qualifier

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
I don't know how this one too escaped my sight

Amunike seeks Zamalek return as coach

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4735782_amunike_jpeg13482daf5b8dd6524265003148c3227b
Amunike

by Staff Reporter

Tuesday Jan 03, 2017. 14:48
Nigeria coach Emmanuel Amunike has expressed interest to return to Egyptian giants Zamalek as coach.

Zamalek president Mortada Mansour revealed Amunike has formally asked to coach the team he shone with as a player.

"Amunike contacted us officially asking to take charge of the team, but we are still discussing the matter," Mansour told ON Sport TV channel.

Several other coaches are interested in taking charge of the five-time African champions - former Wadi Degla coach Patrice Carteron of France, Romanian coach Marius Sumudica and Portuguese Jose Romao.

Zamalek coach Mohamed Helmi has come under fire after they lost the Cairo Derby to rivals Al Ahly last week.

Amunike joined Zamalek in 1991, winning two league championships before he departed for Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon.

As a coach, he led Nigeria to win the 2015 U17 World Cup in Chile and he was until recently in charge of the country’s U20 team after he assisted Samson Siasia for the Super Eagles AFCON 2017 double header against Egypt in March.

He has several top European coaching certificates.

http://africanfootball.com/news/675584/Amunike-seeks-Zamalek-return-as-coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
Drogba and Rooney are my role models, says Manchester City youngster Iheanacho

Iheanacho

Shina Oludare

The Nigeria international has revealed that he looks up to the legends and hopes to put into practice what he learned from them

Manchester City's Kelechi Iheanacho has labelled Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba as players he looks up to in the English Premier League.

The 20-year-old hit the limelight last season at the Etihad Stadium - scoring eight times in 26 games, and since has become a key figure in the Citizen’s squad even with the arrival of Pep Guardiola this term.

Iheanacho’s playing style has already prompted fans to draw comparisons with Robert Lewandowski, though the youngster has revealed that it is another forward in the English topflight greats who he looks up to.

"I think I was watching Didier Drogba and his team at Chelsea, and Wayne Rooney at Manchester United as well," Iheanacho told Premierleague.com.

“They are great players that I am looking up to as well, pick up lessons from them and put in my football in the Premier League.”

The Nigeria seeks his 15th appearance for Manchester City this season when they face Everton at the Goodison Park on Sunday. The Citizens are fourth on the log with 42 points from 20 games.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4055/main/2017/01/11/31413622/drogba-and-rooney-are-my-role-models-says-manchester-city?ICID=AR_PN_5

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Afcon qualifying draw: Nigeria pairs South Africa, Libya and Seychelles

Shina Oludare

The Super Eagles have been handed a relatively hard-hitting group enroute the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations billed for Cameroon

Nigeria will face rivals South Africa, Libya and Seychelles in the qualifying race for the 32nd Total Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2019.

The draw was approved by the Caf Executive Committee at its meeting on Thursday, 12 January 2017 in Libvreville, Gabon.

Gernot Rohr’s men were thrown in a semi-tough group that has former winners, Bafana Bafana - in Group E.

According to the Confederation of African Football, the winners of each group qualify for the championship plus the best three runners-up in all groups.

The Super Eagles will be hoping to stage a return to the tournament after back-to-back blackouts in Equatorial Guinea 2015 and Gabon 2017.

South Africa denied Nigeria a place in the 2015 edition following their 2-2 draw in the last game of the qualifying series at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4055/main/2017/01/12/31458052/afcon-qualifying-draw-nigeria-pairs-south-africa-libya-and?ICID=HP_HN_5

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
Arsenal may not recall Nwakali from loan

[img]https://2.bp..com/-Jqa2B-9mhRQ/WHhy8AdVNeI/AAAAAAAACqA/HNXYjWZK6ncEuXUvAX6NcSTI1wZHxoHKACLcB/s1600/kelechi_nwakali.jpg[/img]

Arsenal will not recall Nigeria U20 skipper Kelechi Nwakali from his loan spell at Dutch club MVV Maastricht before the close of the January transfer window, according to CEO ASJ Academy, Emeka Amajiriaku.

Nwakali, 18, has impressed in his first season as a professional, making 11 appearances in the Jupiler League and has started seven of the last eight games contested by the promotion-chasing team.

“Kelechi Nwakali was given the option to return to Arsenal in January, but he wants to remain at MVV because he wants to help them gain promotion to the Eredivisie, ” Amajiriaku told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“When he came to Nigeria for the Christmas break, he was very happy and had very nice things to say about MVV. ”

The central midfielder joined MVV on a season-long loan last summer after failing to secure a UK work permit.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/arsenal-may-not-recall-nwakali-from-loan.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:38pm On Jan 13, 2017

Emenike rejects €4m Besiktas deal

[img]https://3.bp..com/--ZhunA7hi4U/WHh2z_2V9_I/AAAAAAAACqY/NJiED3VIRdAkcBox0QK48e_vW1aAP_7gACLcB/s400/Emenike-29.jpg[/img]

Despite the turmoil facing the former Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike in Fenerbahce SK, the former Karabukspor ace turned down offer worth 4 million euros per annum from Fenerbahce’s fierce rivals Besiktas to snatch away the bully striker surprisingly early last year.

SportingLife gathered through a reliable source from Turkey that Besiktas met Emenike’s representatives secretly at neutral ground to strike a deal but he declined the offer and sees it as way of betraying the club trust and confidence in him especially his relationship with the club President who has refused to listen to permanent offers for the striker.

The Besiktas approach came when the Nigerian striker was having it tough with Fenerbahce fans over lack of scoring goals and consistent booing on and off the pitch which resulted to his loan move to United Arab Emirates club Al Ain FC.

But Emenike understands that such move won’t be the best for his career due to the fact that the Turkish fans will be divided over his decision and could land him in more trouble in the country he was once jailed due to match fixing saga. Although, Besiktas representative couldn’t push further for that reason.

“He respects the president a lot, and that’s why he deliberately turned down the offer from Besiktas. It wasa very lucrative offer but the player understands the rivalry between the two clubs,” said the source.

After his first season in Fenerbahce where he scored 13 goals to lift the title, the Nigerian has not experienced the best of time with the Turkish side again, with two separate loan spells in the UAE and England failing to provide the desired result needed to re-ignite his poor form.

He started this season as the top striker for Fenerbahcebut suffered a terrible dip in form which made him lost his spot in the team, with Dutch coach Advocaat preferring Moussa Sow and Robin Van Persie ahead of the Nigerian.

Emenike was recently suspended by Fenerbahce for indiscipline, and has been told by Coach of Fenerbahce Dick Advocaat to look for another club, as there is no spot for him in his squad.

Former West Ham United of England forward recently spoke out about his unhappiness with the way fans of Fenerbahce are treating him. Turkish press claims he is unhappy with coach Dick Advocaat while some reportedly said he had a fall out with Dutch defender Gregory Van Der Wiel.

Online reports claimed that the forward is close to agreeing a loan deal to Russian side Rubin Kazan, with an option of joining the team permanently in the summer after his loan deal.

Fenerbahce are demanding 5 million euros as his permanent transfer fee while the Russian side are pushing for a fee of 2.5 million euros. The disparity in their valuation of the star is the reason why the deal is yet to be agreed.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/emenike-rejects-4m-besiktas-deal.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ndidi, Moses set for EPL battle

[img]https://1.bp..com/-iGEVOHE6BNg/WHh4-tIehgI/AAAAAAAACqk/9Wu_VsgNCw4PH47gVraroIVotw2CmbWvwCLcB/s400/Ndidi.jpg[/img]
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has revealed that Wilfred Ndidi might make his Premier League debut when the champions take on Chelsea featuring another Nigeria international, Victor Moses at the King Power Stadium on Saturday.

Ndidi played his first game for the Foxes in their 2-1 win over Everton in the third round of the FA Cup last weekend, few days after his arrival in the United Kingdom.

“I think so. I’ve been waiting this kind of performance, “ Ranieri stated when asked if Ndidi is in line to feature.

“I’m sure he’ll get better because the more he plays, the more he will understand the team.”

Former Racing Genk midfielder Ndidi has penned a five-and-a-half-year contract with Leicester City.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/ndidi-moses-set-for-epl-battle.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
Out Of Favour Super Eagles Midfielder Raheem Lawal Agrees Switch To Kayerispor But…

Raheem Lawal has agreed to join Turkish top league side Kayerispor from fellow top league side Osmanlispor for the rest of the season.

However negotiations are still on between both clubs despite the willingness of the Nigerian to move in search of playing time, which he isn’t getting at Osmanlispor.

While the midfielder who has five caps for Nigeria wants to leave the club permanently, the president of the team is refusing to let him leave unless on loan.

“It’s not done and dusted yet, but Lawal could move to Kayerispor on loan till the end of the season. He wants to get back to playing after his return from injury”, a source close to the player told Owngoalnigeria.com

” Outside Kayerispor, there are other teams interested in him but the president of Osmanlispor wants him to go on loan not outright sale as Raheem wants. Talks are still on”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/12/out-of-favour-super-eagles-midfielder-raheem-lawal-agrees-switch-to-kayerispor-but/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2017
Exclusive: Elderson Echiejile Returns To Monaco After Expiration Of Loan Deal with Standard Liege

Super Eagles defender Elderson Echiejile is set to return back to French ligue 1 giants Monaco following the expiration of his loan deal with Standard Liege.

Echiejile joined the Belgian side on transfer deadline day during the summer on a six months loan deal, which expired yesterday.

He will return back to Monaco before a decision will be made on if his loan deal will be extended or not, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

While at Standard Liege, the 28 year old made a total of seven appearances in all competition, with six coming in the league and one in the cup.

Last season he made 20 Ligue 1 appearances for Monaco with 18 starts despite struggling to nail down a permanent spot in the team.He is presently on honeymoon with his newly wedded wife

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/13/exclusive-elderson-echiejile-returns-to-monaco-after-expiration-of-loan-deal-with-standard-liege/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
Exclusive – No Club Africain Deal For Nigeria League Top Scorers Chisom & Obaje

The proposed transfer of Godwin Obaje and Chisom Egbuchulam to Tunisian top division side Club Africain has broken down, according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Obaje finished as top scorer in the Nigeria Premier League with 18 goals for Wikki Tourist while Egbuchulam was second with 16 goals for league champions Enugu Rangers.

They were expected to pen high paying deal with Club Africain, but after almost two weeks of negotiations the club opt against handing contract to the duo according to Owngoalnigeria.com transfer expert Daniel Martins.

” The move is off. The deal won’t happen, as a matter of fact the last time I checked they were getting set to return back to Nigeria, they could return this weekend all things been equal”, Martins told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” For now I don’t have clear details of what lead to the collapse of the move, but an unofficial source told me it is somehow connected to their initial failed attempt to join Etoile du Sahel, the rivals of Club Africain”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/13/exclusive-no-club-africain-deal-for-nigeria-league-top-scorers-chisom-obaje/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
List Of Relatively Unknown Nigerian Players Who Have Switched To Top Teams In January

As the January transfer window hots up, most Nigerian players are expected to be on the move before it ends but already some have left their teams for another team.

Owngoalnigeria.com brings to you the list of lesser known Nigerian players who have moved in the ongoing window without the attention of the local media in Nigeria.

Bright Edomwonyi : Sturm Graz ( Austria) – Rizespor ( Turkey)

Chidi Osuchukwu : SC Braga ( Portugal) – Dinamo Brest ( Belarus)

Prince Bonkat : Amarante (Portugal) – Vizela FC (Portugal)

Saturday Erimuya : Kayseri Erciyesspor ( Turkey) – Cadiz (Spain)

Atiemwien Iyayi Believe : Rizespor (Turkey) – Sanliufaspor (Turkey)

Onyeka Osemene : Braga (Portugal ) – Covilha (Portugal )

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/12/list-of-relatively-unknown-nigerian-players-who-have-switched-to-top-teams-in-january/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
Rohr Confirms German-Nigerian Striker Could Make Eagles Debut Against Senegal

Coach of the senior Nigeria national team Gernot Rohr has revealed that a German born forward of Nigerian decent could make his Super Eagles debut in March.

Rohr made this known shortly before departing for the African Cup of Nations in Gabon, where he is expected to work as a TV pundit following Nigeria’s failure to qualify for the tournament.

Although he refused to mention the name of the striker, there are indications that Hannover 96 hot in demand favour Joel Noah Sarenren Bazee could be the player he is talking about.

“I will look at another Nigerian-German player who I discovered. I think we can see him in the next game in March,” he said.

“There is also the young (Victor) Osimhen, who from January 1 can now play professionally for Wolfsburg. I will look at him.

“We have a good competition among the strikers in the team.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/12/rohr-confirms-german-nigerian-striker-could-make-eagles-debut-against-senegal/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
Victor Moses In Danger Of Missing Chelsea’s High Profile Games Against Arsenal & Liverpool

Chelsea high flying wing back Victor Moses is walking a tight disciplinary rope that could see him miss one of their games against Arsenal or Liverpool.

26 year old Moses has four bookings going into tomorrow’s game against champions Leicester City, and another booking will see him miss their next league game against Hull City.

If he survives a booking against Leicester City but picks up a yellow card in the tie against Hull City, he will miss the Emirate FA Cup tie against Brentford.

However if he gets booked in the FA Cup tie against Brentford, he will miss the Premier League high profile clash against Arsenal, a tie which could play a big part in Chelsea becoming Champions.

26 year old Moses who has made 19 appearances for Chelsea this season with three goals to his name so far, will however crop a one match ban if he escapes been booked in the tie against Leicester City, Hull City and Brentford but pick up a caution against Arsenal.

A yellow card against Arsenal will see him miss the high profile top of the table clash against second place Liverpool, one of the three teams he has been sent on loan in the past.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/13/victor-moses-in-danger-of-missing-chelseas-high-profile-games-against-arsenal-liverpool/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
Revealed – Days & Possible Dates For Super Eagles AFCON 2019 Qualifiers

Super Eagles of Nigeria have been drawn with old rivals South Africa, Libya and Seychelles in Group E of the qualifiers with only the top side and the three best runners-up from the 12 pools advancing to the finals.

Gernot Rohr lead Super Eagles will start their qualifying series with a home tie against South Africa in the week of June 5-13, 2017.

The qualifiers then take a nine-month break and resume in March 2018, when Super Eagles will travel to Seychelles.

They then take on Libya in home and away matches in the week of 3-11 September 2018, before a taking on South Africa away between October 8-16 October, 2018.

Libya rely on their north African neighbours as venues due to the civil strife in that company, and in the last two years have played ‘home’ matches in Tunisia, Egypt and most recently Algeria.

The Eagles will round out their pool campaign with a home game against Seychelles on 5-13 November, 2018.

Super Eagles 2019 African qualifying fixtures:

05-13 June 2017: South Africa (home)
19-27 March 2018: Seychelles (Away)
03-11 September 2018: Libya (home & away)
08-16 October 2018: South Africa (Away)
05-13 November 2018: Seychelles (home)

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/13/revealed-days-possible-dates-for-super-eagles-afcon-2019-qualifiers/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Learn From Tammy Abraham & Omeruo, Chelsea Coach Urges Youngsters

Chelsea U23 coach Adi Viveash has advised the young stars in his squad to get some tips on improving their game from the players that have been farmed out on loan, including Nigerian striker Tammy Abraham and Kenneth Omeruo.

An England U21 international, Abraham has flourished this season for Bristol City where he is on loan for the remainder of the season, netting 17 goals in all competitions.

“I’ve spoken to Tammy Abraham this season and Charlie when he came back from Bristol Rovers,” midfielder Ruben Sammut told chelseafc.com.

“Adi is always reinforcing us to keep asking those players questions when they’re back and training with us, to get little tips from them and try to learn from their experience.”

England youth internationals of Nigerian descent Ike Ugbo, Fikayo Tomori, Dominic Solanke and Tariq Uwakwe have featured for Chelsea U23s this season.

They face Leicester City in Premier League 2 at St George’s Park on Friday afternoon.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21701

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
Solanke Scores, Tomori Skippers Chelsea Team In Win Against Leicester City

Four players of Nigerian descent Dominic Solanke, Fikayo Tomori, Ike Ugbo and Layton Ndukwu were in action at St George’s Park on Friday afternoon as Chelsea U23s registered their first away win of the season after thrashing Leicester City 4-0.

The Blues were three goals up by the 85th minute after Ali (2) and Johnson (OG) found the net.

Solanke, who proved a handful for the Foxes defenders, added more gloss to the scoreline with a fourth goal for Chelsea in the first minute of stoppage time.

The England U20 international came close to scoring on several occasions and was finally rewarded with a goal when he beat two defenders before firing into the bottom corner.

The Chelsea squad was skippered by defender Fikayo Tomori, who made his 12th appearance in Premier League 2 against Leicester City.

Leicester City’s Josh Debayo remained on the bench for the entirety of the contest.

Igho Kingsley

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21707

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
Official : Turkish Club Elazigspor Loan In Olanrewaju Kehinde

Turkish First League club Elazığspor have completed the signing of ex-Maccabi Tel Aviv striker Olanrewaju Kehinde, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

The 22-year-old joins Elazığspor on loan for the next six months, with a clause inserted into the deal that he can be acquired outright at the end of the 2016-2017 season.

He is expected to have his first training session with his new employer on Saturday.

Kehinde signed the contract in Istanbul shortly after his arrival in Turkey and is now on his way to Elazig.

The deal that took Kehinde to the second-tier team was brokered by top Nigerian agent Ndubuisi Onyeali in partnership with Turkish intermediary Naci Bilgeturk.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21708

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
United States Set To Beat Nigeria To Portland Timbers Goalkeeper Kashope

United States Soccer Federation are ahead of the Nigerian Federation in the race to secure the international future of highly-rated Portland Timbers netminder Kashope Oladapo.

The Happy Valley, Oregon native, who is eligible for Nigeria through his father, is currently training with the United States U15 squad at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, California.

Oladapo was one of the two goalkeepers included in the 24-man roster by head coach Dave van den Bergh.

During the get-together, the USA U15s will tackle Club Tijuana Xolos de Caliente’s U-17 team.

Kash Oladapo plays in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.

Igho Kingsley

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21698
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
Where is my original oga Sir Forgiveness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
Rohr Hints At Dropping Ighalo If He Moves To China

Coach of the senior Nigeria national team Gernot Rohr has warned Watford star Odion Ighalo that a move to China could see him lose his spot in the national team.

Rohr made this known during a chat with newsmen shortly before heading to the Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon, where he will work as a pundit due to the failure of Nigeria to qualify for the Championship.

Ighalo has been heavily linked with a move to China in the ongoing January transfer window with Shanghai Shenhua reportedly set to be intrested in his services.

“I don’t know if Ighalo is going there or not, I don’t know. Whether he chooses to go there is his decision but we have good options for his position as a striker.

“We have the young (Victor) Osimhen who is now eligible to play (in the Bundesliga) since the first of January for Wolfsburg, and I will have a look at him”, Rohr said.

“And I will also have a look at a Nigerian-German we just discovered, I think we will have a look at him in March.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/13/rohr-hints-at-dropping-ighalo-if-he-moves-to-china/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
No Fun Without Eagles! Eguavoen Says Afcon Not Exciting with Nigeria Missing Out

Posted By: Adeniyi

The Africa Cup of Nations is not as exciting without the Super Eagles, according to former Captain and Coach of Nigeria, Austin Eguavoen. In an interview with footballlive.ng , the 1994 Afcon winner refrained from describing qualification for the continental tournament as Nigeria’s birth right.

He however maintains that the 2017 Afcon like others Nigeria has missed out on, simply lacked much spark.

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/no-fun-without-eagles-eguavoen-says-afcon-not-exciting-with-nigeria-missing-out/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Why is Dominic Solanke still playing youth football? No reason for him not to look for a good Dutch, Belgian or lowly premiership side to start.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
'Eagles must qualify for 2019 Afcon'

by Sammy Wejinya

Imama Amapakabo

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have no option but to qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) in Cameroon, according to the team’s assistant coach, Imama Amapakabo.

The Super Eagles will have to navigate a tricky-looking Group E of 2019 Afcon qualifying that includes South Africa, Seychelles and Libya.

Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2015 and 2017 Afcon editions, a situation which Amapakabo reckons will not be tolerated by fans of the team should it happen again.

“Nigerians will not tolerate any excuse if we fail to qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon).

“It will be an unprecedented hat-trick of failures for us if we do not qualify.

“The only option we have now is to qualify for the tournament,” Amapakabo told supersport.com.

The youthful trainer says he is extremely confident the Super Eagles can qualify for the 2019 Afcon and identifies the exciting new talent coming through as one of the reasons for his positive stand.

“We have a young team that we are rebuilding after the last two failures.

“They are doing well at their respective clubs and that is one of the mostimportant prerequisites that enables you to play for the national team.

“These young players understand the responsibility of playing for their country.

“These things will count for us,” he said.

Nigeria are the fourth most successful country in Afcon history (behind Egypt, Ghana and Cameroon).

Three successes in 1980, 1994 and 2013 at the Afcon have been recorded by Nigeria.

The Super Eagles, remarkably, have failed to qualify for the Afcon since winning the title in South Africa in 2013.

http://www.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/170113/Eagles_must_qualify_for_2019_Afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Bafana can beat Nigeria!: Danny Jordaan

By Mark Gleeson
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4735980_danny_jpeg14b7a0e87a79c6fb64110e485bdb9621

Danny Jordaan sat in the front row at the African Nations Cup draw in Libreville on Tuesday night and flinched as Nigeria were drawn in Bafana Bafana’s qualifying group for the next finals‚ in 2019 in Cameroon.

But the South African Football Association president insisted afterwards that South Africa‚ even without a coach six months before the qualifiers get under way‚ couldtop Group E and get an automatic berth at the 2019 finals.

“It’s a reality of sport that you can get a tough draw‚ but I think we have shown over the last few matches that we are equal to Nigeria and that we have a good chance.”

Bafana will play away in Nigeria in their opening group game in June‚ just two months before they resume their 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

“It’s going to be tough to juggle the two competitions at the same time but I think‚ strangely‚ the teams playing in this Nations Cup in Gabon will have an additional burden with a hectic programme for the year‚” Jordaan said.

“They have a much stronger possibility for injury and burnout. It’s going to be a huge challenge to play in two qualification tournaments in one year and‚ in addition to that you have the Nations Cup finals now and then there are also club commitments.

“So for many teams it is a huge ask. It will require careful management by the technical teams of all of the countries.”

Neither Nigeria nor South Africa are at the Nations Cup finals‚ which get underway in Gabon on Saturday.

South Africa’s poor record in past tournaments meant the country was only seeded in the second tier for Thursday’s draw below countries like the Cape Verde Islands‚ Mali and Zambia.

South Africa’s other two group opponents are Libya and the Seychelles. War-torn Libya are still prohibited from playing at home because of the civil strife in the country and usually either host their games in neighbouring Egypt or Tunisia.

“As the situation stands now‚ when Libya host us it will be at a neutral venue‚” said Jordaan of the game that would come at the end of the group in November 2018.

“But it’s a long way before we play them and the situation could change‚ so we’ll see.”

Bafana’s opening game at Nigeria in June is followed by five matches in 2018‚ first home to Libya (March)‚ the home and away to the Seychelles (both September)‚ home to Nigeria (October) and finally Libya away.

There are a total of 12 groups for the

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/sport/soccer/2017/01/13/bafana-can-beat-nigeria-danny-jordaan

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Friday03 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.