Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11706138 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) (4837) (4838) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol the person funny sha. Ajiboye on the bench against Libya and Etebo as a DM?
yeah, I have issues with Etebo in that position because he is likely to leave the defence open multiple times

I would prefer John Ogu to partner Ndidi, while Iwobi finishes off the 3-man midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
noooo ogu is very slow. etebo's work rate will be vital for the team in the midfield
safarigirl:
yeah, I have issues with Etebo in that position because he is likely to leave the defence open multiple times

I would prefer John Ogu to partner Ndidi, while Iwobi finishes off the 3-man midfield

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
charlesemeka85:
noooo ogu is very slow. etebo's work rate will be vital for the team in the midfield
so, you'll have just one DM screening the defense?

Etebo has a thing for joining the attack, it could prove careless if the defense isn't properly screened. Besides, you may need someone to slow the tempo of the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
i dont understand why the nff and rohr are yet to approach billing anyanwu. that kid should be the replacement of aging and slow john ogu while ejaria should be an understudy to skippo mikel grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
remember we are playing libya not morroco or egypt so i see no reason for the team to be more defensive. etebo is very energetic and has the engine to serve the team as a perfect box to box midfielder. ndidi should be the shield of the back four while etebo helps him out defensively and joins the attack as well when the need arises.

i will sub in a john ogu late in the encounter when trying to protect a lead. his physique and good ball distribution will help the team maintain possession during the dying moments of the match.
safarigirl:

Etebo has a thing for joining the attack, it could prove careless if the defense isn't properly screened. Besides, you may need someone to slow the tempo of the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
charlesemeka85:
remember we are playing libya not morroco or egypt so i see no reason for the team to be more defensive. etebo is very energetic and has the engine to serve the team as a perfect box to box midfielder. ndidi should be the shield of the back four while etebo helps him out defensively and joins the attack as well when the need arises.

i will sub in a john ogu late in the encounter when trying to protect a lead. his physique and good ball distribution will help the team maintain possession during the dying moments of the match.
don't underestimate Libya. The Super Eagles aren't exactly firing on all cylinders right now, so even Libya should be approached as if they are Egypt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
nah i am not underestimating the libyans but we have to attack them during the first stanza of the match which i believe will produce a goal or 2, then sit back soak up pressure and hit them on counter with any slightest opportunity.

safarigirl:
don't underestimate Libya. The Super Eagles aren't exactly firing on all cylinders right now, so even Libya should be approached as if they are Egypt

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

LMAO my oga in charge!! Sorry about the result but I believe you guys can also beat them away. I didn't see anything special about them.

Btw your right CB is a man among boys. Deserves a call or at least some accolades

I didn't have the opportunity of watching the game. That time is not ideal to watch football on a week day.I will create time to watch a replay later in the week.

The Right CB, u mean Aniemena? The guy is good but just that most times some of these players flatter to deceive because of the kind of opposition they face( Stephen Eze comes to mind). He may be good enough for the CHAN team no doubt but that Super Eagles CB? Hmm..not sure.

By and large I knew Raja were favorite going into that tie. But this Enyimba team has shown some promises that they can build on going forward in the next league season. They even topped their Aiteo cup group winning the last game 5-0.

It is well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
charlesemeka85:
i dont understand why the nff and rohr are yet to approach billing anyanwu. that kid should be the replacement of aging and slow john ogu while ejaria should be an understudy to skippo mikel grin

Approach Billing like we approached Abraham right?

Only players who have indicated their interest to play for the SE should be invited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2018
When is Ogu going to leave Israel?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xlad(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2018
Why is idowu playing so nice for locomotive in champions league, why for Nigeria is just average? Is it because of the pitch or what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2018
abia! pride na one of the problem wey dey limit us in this world. i do not see anything wrong with the nff or rohr having a meeting with Billing, pointing out to him how much he is needed and will be appreciated if he changes allegiance to nigeria. also make him understand the benefits and how donning the national colours will help his young and promising career.

Billing is a top prospect and an emerging midfield dynamo who we should not fold our hands and lose all in the name of pride or maybe because he is yet to identify with nigeria. when approached and he accepts to rep us in international footie it will be a win win situation not just for a short time but for a very long time because he is just 22yrs old. now is the best time to approach him since it seem he is not on the radar of the dannish national team selectors. the major aim should be focused on the preparation of the next world and now is the best time to start
Earthquake1:

Approach Billing like we approached Abraham right?

Only players who have indicated their interest to play for the SE should be invited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
who wan buy am? the last time i heard he had an offer was from the chinese league
Bolowolowo:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
Onyekuru starts for Galatasary against Porto

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
Bolowolowo:

At this age..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
safarigirl:
Someone proposed a line-up like this for the game against Libya

Very good.. Exactly what has been on my mind... Just replace Iheanacho with Success..In as much as Iheanacho is in form,he has never had a good game as a lone striker in the SE.. I dunno of playing Iwobi behind him will help sha..

Alternatively, Rohr can use a 4-4-1-1

Uzoho

Idowu
Aina
Balogun
Ekong

Ndidi
Etebo /Onazi

Musa
Iwobi

Iheanacho

Success
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Xlad:
Why is idowu playing so nice for locomotive in champions league, why for Nigeria is just average? Is it because of the pitch or what?

are u watching the game?/
How good has he been going forward?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
safarigirl:
This is a lie. Non-indigenes are the ones holding key positions in Abuja

Lagos State is the only State aside Abuja where a non-indigene can hold a key position, because Lagos is no man's land, like Abuja. The actual indigenes of Abuja are Gwari and Gbagyi, but check representation in HoR and Senate, I doubt you can find anyone from those ethnicities.

Can you find an Igbo man as an adviser in Ogun State? Two HoR members from Lagos State are Igbo.....that is why I stated already that the state owes indigenes of other states for it's progress so far. Tinubu was a governor in Lagos, is he from Lagos? Fashola and Ambode are not indigenes of Lagos, but both occupied seats in Government house.

Can a man from Osun become governor in Ekiti? That example is void because Lagos is the exception to such occurrences. That level of tolerance is not obtainable in any other part of the entire South West. Do you know why? Because EVERYBODY is in Lagos, every ethnicity has a decent level of representation in Lagos. It does not apply in Ekiti or Osun or Ondo, it cannot even happen in Ogun.
Objection! Please can you stop already Safarigirl. Lagos is not and will never be a no man's land.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
charlesemeka85:
abia! pride na one of the problem wey dey limit us in this world. i do not see anything wrong with the nff or rohr having a meeting with Billing, pointing out to him how much he is needed and will be appreciated if he changes allegiance to nigeria. also make him understand the benefits and how donning the national colours will help his young and promising career.

Billing is a top prospect and an emerging midfield dynamo who we should not fold our hands and lose all in the name of pride or maybe because he is yet to identify with nigeria. when approached and he accepts to rep us in international footie it will be a win win situation not just for a short time but for a very long time because he is just 22yrs old. now is the best time to approach him since it seem he is not on the radar of the dannish national team selectors. the major aim should be focused on the preparation of the next world and now is the best time to start

You mean beg him to represent us?

Abraham embarrassed us and chose alliance to and English team who never approached him in the first place, shouldn't we learn from that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
i think an iwobi behind iheanacho will bring out his best. i will prefer success coming in as a sub to bully and muscle the already tired libyan defense when introduced. his power and pace will make him a handful for the libyans and i foresee him getting a goal. success invitation maybe be the end of ighalo in the national team
Danielnino00:

Very good.. Exactly what has been on my mind... Just replace Iheanacho with Success..In as much as Iheanacho is in form,he has never had a good game as a lone striker in the SE.. I dunno of playing Iwobi behind him will help sha..

Alternatively, Rohr can use a 4-4-1-1

Uzoho

Idowu
Aina
Balogun
Ekong

Ndidi
Etebo /Onazi

Musa
Iwobi

Iheanacho

Success
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
fabyom:
Objection! Please can you stop already Safarigirl. Lagos is not and will never be a no man's land.
how can you be quoting something from yesterday and ask me to stop?

You better jump and join us today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hope he gets a goal
safarigirl:
Onyekuru starts for Galatasary against Porto

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
Me i for see ighalo scoring
charlesemeka85:
i think an iwobi behind iheanacho will bring out his best. i will prefer success coming in as a sub to bully and muscle the already tired libyan defense when introduced. his power and pace will make him a handful for the libyans and i foresee him getting a goal. success invitation maybe be the end of ighalo in the national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
bros please do not quote me out of context. i never said beg ooooooooo! all i said is that he should be sounded out about the possibility of becoming on of the fulcrum of the young nigerian national team which i believe maybe entice him since he is not been noticed by the Danes for now.

Mind you, we must not have them all but it will do us no harm meeting this kids to tell them how much they are needed and will be appreciated if they change allegiance to nigeria. ebuehi once rejected a call up but later had a change of heart, victor moses, ola aina and currently ademola lookman once rejected us but later came back to their senses
Earthquake1:

You mean beg him to represent us?

Abraham embarrassed us and chose alliance to and English team who never approached him in the first place, shouldn't we learn from that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
safarigirl:

This is Libya we are playing in Uyo and not Argentina, Croatia or England. We cannot play two DMs. The Libyans will go defensive for most of the game especially in the second half if they manage to keep the scoreline level at HT, and so we will need more fire force upfront to undo any defensive set up they will be lining up. You can play Ogu and Ndidi though but not both as DM. Ogu can play the DM while Ndidi plays CM. But will need Etebo's enterprise at the Midfield. For a 4-3-3 it is Ndidi (DM) Etebo (CM) and Iwob(AM) for me.

Besides slowing the tempo will be to the advantage of the Libyans. We are the home team and so must play with high tempo to keep them under heavy attack and pressure

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
charlesemeka85:

Iheanacho and Iwobi have always gelled well on the pitch..especially when Iwobi plays in the centre..

I hope Rohr plays Iwobi at AMF... its quite annoying that Rohr is yet to understand that Iwobi flourish better as AMF...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2018
This week in the UCL has seen 3 players get hat tricks. 3

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
safarigirl:
This week in the UCL has seen 3 players get hat tricks. 3

Dybala

Moneymar

Dzeko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
safarigirl:

are we there to defend and u guys don't want us to attack and score goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
super eagles hopeful fikayo tomori and semi ajayi starts for derby and rotherdam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
safarigirl:
Someone proposed a line-up like this for the game against Libya
Waoo, awesome line up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
This Wembley pitch don turn NPFL standard o.What is happening?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) (4837) (4838) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dezgadgetcity(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.