Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,428 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11803458 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5000) (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) ... (16210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
Helicopter belonging to leicester city crashed outside the stadium..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
edi287:

Actually Leicester suits him just fine. They are one of the few teams that still play with a 4-4-2. We all know Nacho's best position is as a CF.
He just has to work harder and improve his allround game. Simple.

I think Iheanacho's problem is he's playing out of position. He doesn't seem do have the physicality and awareness to play the striker. His skillset looks like that of a winger due to his pace and ability to deliver accurate crosses. If he wants to continue playing striker he should be playing the SS position along side another striker like in the Iceland game.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
andrew444:

Too many ighalo haters ,some are still having sleepless night with his 5 goals against Libya

Anyway more sleepless night loading

Several people already posted about Ighalo scoring before you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
Icon4s:

His poor goals returns has affected his confidence. Same thing that affected Ighalo.

I blame the coach on this because he puts pressure on the boy to perform. I have not seen what Maddison has offered to the team, yet he plays while Nacho could even get subbed after scoring.

I think Ighalo's drought was more Watford than anything. People don't know he and his strike partner TroyDeeney almost threw blows or that he was at odds with his coach. Also his father died at the same time so it is hard to pinpoint what cost his drought

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
tbaba1234:
Helicopter belonging to leicester city crashed outside the stadium..
Prayers for all involved- victims, families, friends and the club management

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6324451/amp/Leicester-City-owners-helicopter-crashes-car-park-King-Power-Stadium.html

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
edi287:
Page 5000!! We made it!!

Here's to 6000 and more Iheanacho vs Mbappe/Rashford arguments, the Ighalo haters club, the "two passport" argument and much more.
Oh and not forgetting the "Forgiveness/Komekn vs 98 percent of the thread".

cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
raindodger13:

I think Iheanacho's problem is he's playing out of position. He doesn't seem do have the physicality and awareness to play the striker. His skillset looks like that of a winger due to his pace and ability to deliver accurate crosses. If he wants to continue playing striker he should be playing the SS position along side another striker like in the Iceland game.
Playing him as an SS means we sacrifice one of our mids(which will most likely be Iwobi). At the moment, that isn't a good idea.
I don't think he can play as a winger too. It's too late for that. He should've started off playing there at the city academy. I don't think he can operate in tight spaces too.
Maybe playing as a wide forward like Musa might work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
Icon4s:

Chidera Ejike Ba wo?
Chai! Na so the thing do you sotey u quote Me 3 times??

Chidera has done enough for me at valarenga to get a spot with the U-23 team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ola Aina with a man of the match performance.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I blame the coach on this because he puts pressure on the boy to perform. I have not seen what Maddison has offered to the team, yet he plays while Nacho could even get subbed after scoring.

I think Ighalo's drought was more Watford than anything. People don't know he and his strike partner TroyDeeney almost threw blows or that he was at odds with his coach. Also his father died at the same time so it is hard to pinpoint what cost his drought
Like Nacho - Ighalo also struggled to play as a lone striker once. The coach didn't help by playing outwide sometimes too.
It's only recently that Ighalo started playing well as a lone CF. It helps that he's a very good dribbler sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2018
andrew444:
So ighalo scores today ? Just found out

I know say many of una see am but una no wan talk

We from Edo state, na only one we dey hear. If you mess up, we see or hear bad thing about person, e dey tey before our mind go change. We still dey look our brother Ighalo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2018
komekn:

Chei na wah oh SPECAIL TALENT struggling with bench in youth team.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
Truidstar:

We from Edo state, na only one we dey hear. If you mess up, we see or hear bad thing about person, e dey tey before our mind go change. We still dey look our brother Ighalo.

����from Edo too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
Eredivisie giants AFC Ajax have been linked with a move for Nigerian ‘wonderkid’ Abdul Zubairu, who plays his club football in Slovakia with AS Trencin.

However, the Amsterdam side face stiff competition if they are to land the 19-year-old midfielder, with several Belgian clubs, OGC Nice, Olympique Marseille and Borussia Monchengladbach also rumoured to be in the mix.

The midfielder, who has drawn comparisons with France and Chelsea star N’Golo Kante, was recently rated amongst the best talents in Slovakia by Fortunaliga, alongside ex-teammate Hilary Gong, who completed a move to Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem.

AllNigeriasoccer describe the teenager as, “A box-to-box destroyer, [who] is also blessed with playmaking abilities and is capable of initiating attacks and creating opportunities with his vision.”

Zubairu hails from the famous GBS Academy in Nigeria which produced the likes of Ahmed Musa, Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon. He moved to Slovakian side Trencin in January 2017.

Last season he made 19 appearances across all competitions for the Slovakian club, and this term he has already appeared for them in the Europa League qualifiers and Fortuna Liga.

Trencin are currently studying offers received for the services of the midfielder and according to a source, his agent Tony Harris claims a transfer is imminent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
embarassed BREAKING: The owner of Leicester City, the Sporting Director and pilot have been pronounced dead, reasons being 3rd degree burns and spinal injury. As we speak, families of the deceased are being called and made aware of the loss of their loved ones. A sad day for football. #lcfc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
9ja players making me proud
tbaba1234:
Ola Aina with a man of the match performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
sad sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked may their soul rest in peace
Danielnino00:
embarassed BREAKING: The owner of Leicester City, the Sporting Director and pilot have been pronounced dead, reasons being 3rd degree burns and spinal injury. As we speak, families of the deceased are being called and made aware of the loss of their loved ones. A sad day for football. #lcfc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Seunvense(m): 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
Danielnino00:
This is not true please

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2018
Earthquake1:

Manchester city wasn't built for him,Leicester city wasn't built for him, which team was built for him?

Truth is a shite player is always a shite player

Shite player? Seriously? Is that how far you've decided to take this? U're totally beyond redemption. This isn't objective criticism anymore,it's pure hatred. So disgusting angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
Eseose9:
una sef get too much wahala. success and Ndidi scored today analyse their game na. You guys want to start another round of endless argument. Like it or not kele is the golden boy of the super eagles for people to be concern about his development.I don't see you guys talking abt Iwobi's resurgence as you do kelechi's goal drought.
You made a valid point madam. Success and Ndidi scored and had great games which we should be analysing. Personally when some people start making excuses such as a team is not built around him, of course it leaves room for criticisms. We know he has potentials and I personally wish the best for him.
We need to start seeing results from him, either getting goals, hold up play or creating chances for his team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Danielnino00:
not true, there's no confirmation of who and who were on the chopper or if any death has been recorded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:38am On Oct 28, 2018
Hahahaha

edi287:
Page 5000!! We made it!!

Here's to 6000 and more Iheanacho vs Mbappe/Rashford arguments, the Ighalo haters club, the "two passport" argument and much more.
Oh and not forgetting the "Forgiveness/Komekn vs 98 percent of the thread".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by korlahwarleh: 3:53am On Oct 28, 2018
Seunvense:
This is not true please
Me self wonder o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:57am On Oct 28, 2018
andrew444:

None will displace him because of maybe the coach is bias,a reasonable coach will not pick a Porto b player over a starting midfielder in Slovakia league ,he has not even be starting in Porto b recently

He should work hard ,if he his playing in the Belgium league or any other league starting games I will keep my mouth shut,I can never hype a player playing for a b team never.

You guys will be hyping nwakali ,why don't you also hype musa yahaya

See, I won't be surprised if K. Nwakali even captains the U23 team.

Players selection is not strictly based on the club they play. Players like Jamilu Collins, Ahmed Musa, Karo Etebor and even Francis Uzoho wouldn't have been in the Super Eagles if it is based on the division or competitiveness of the league in which they plays.

Is the NPFL better than the Portuguese league 2? And yet a good number of NPFL players will make the team.

I agreed whole heartedly that Kelechi Nwakali is not ready for the SE. But not so for the U23! You and I know how gifted the boy is. He is good enough for the U23 abeg especially as available options in the midfield are few.

And to your last paragraph, I should be the one asking you why you chose to criticise my inclusion of K. Nwakali on the list and left Musa Yahaya, because I listed both.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:02am On Oct 28, 2018
junnyjake:

Chai! Na so the thing do you sotey u quote Me 3 times??

Chidera has done enough for me at valarenga to get a spot with the U-23 team.

Sorry the triple post was network issue.

Yes, he can get a spot so does K. Nwakali. The midfield is not composed of one player Abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:13am On Oct 28, 2018
edi287:

Playing him as an SS means we sacrifice one of our mids(which will most likely be Iwobi). At the moment, that isn't a good idea.
I don't think he can play as a winger too. It's too late for that. He should've started off playing there at the city academy. I don't think he can operate in tight spaces too.
Maybe playing as a wide forward like Musa might work.

His best position is what Leicester has offered him. If he doesn't deliver there I wonder where else he would deliver.

As for the SE Rohr is more comfortable with 4-5-1 or 4-3-3. It means Iheanacho may likely have few games time going forward because Rohr is not likely to adjust his setup because of him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 28, 2018
Eseose9:

����from Edo too?

Yeah!!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:50am On Oct 28, 2018
Icon4s:

See, I won't be surprised if K. Nwakali even captains the U23 team.

Players selection is not strictly based on the club they play. Players like Jamilu Collins, Ahmed Musa, Karo Etebor and even Francis Uzoho wouldn't have been in the Super Eagles if it is based on the division or competitiveness of the league in which they plays.

Is the NPFL better than the Portuguese league 2? And yet a good number of NPFL players will make the team.

I agreed whole heartedly that Kelechi Nwakali is not ready for the SE. But not so for the U23! You and I know how gifted the boy is. He is good enough for the U23 abeg especially as available options in the midfield are few.

And to your last paragraph, I should be the one asking you why you chose to criticise my inclusion of K. Nwakali on the list and left Musa Yahaya, because I listed both.

I disagree with this slightly.

Players like Collins, Etebo, Uzoho are playing in good enough levels for the super eagles. We are not a world class team anymore where all our players come from top divisions. Bundesliga 2, Spanish second division and the Championship are tougher than some top divisions in some of the smaller countries.

As regards Nwakali, his development has been very disappointing. There is no running away from it. The under 23 team can be another launchpad for him but he is getting to the age where he needs to start showing something. New talents emerge everyday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2018
Aina voted MOTM by Torino fans.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mhoyorsawreh1(f): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2018
Ola aina won the man of d match, what position do u think suits him more?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5000) (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) ... (16210) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: victornoah(m), Oasis007(m), mostob(m), Christology(m), CaptainStephen(m), gamaliel9, ChrisKels, komekn(m), yinkeys(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.