Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11666494 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) (5625) (5626) (5627) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Chukwuemeka007(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

grin

SA really messed up. They started the Qualifiers with 3pts and +2 goals difference against Nigeria. But fast forward to match day 5 Nigeria qualfied with a game to spare and they (SA) will have to scale through a desert Storm to qualify. grin

They are so fund of breaking the hearts of their fans.

A very funny scenario. Started in flying colours and ending in gloomy colours with an uphill task.

Having defeated us (the biggest threat in the group) away from home, one would've thought they've already qualified. I guess they let down their guards. They were basking in The euphoria of beating us. Soccer Africa's T.K. no let Peterside hear word. Now Peterside is laughing last and even better. The goaless draw against Seychelles was their greatest undoing.

Like some here always say, S.A. always get choked.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

This our U23 team dey really sweet my Belle. kiss

They are good

Some of them are good enough for eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
andrew444:

They are good

Some of them are good enough for eagles

That is why I love this seemless synergy between the U23 and SE coaches. Rohr wants to use that game to assess who and who are really ready for the next level.

This is a good development and should be sustained. We should have a standing U23 team. Even if there are no Olympics qualfiers we can organize quality friendlies for them.

Any young player promoted to the Super Eagles should have been tested and assessed by the U23 handlers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
Chukwuemeka007:

A very funny scenario. Started in flying colours and ending in gloomy colours with an uphill task.

Having defeated us (the biggest threat in the group) away from home, one would've thought they've already qualified. I guess they let down their guards. They were basking in The euphoria of beating us. Soccer Africa's T.K. no let Peterside hear word. Now Peterside is laughing last and even better. The goaless draw against Seychelles was their greatest undoing.

Typical of SA. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:
Benjamin Tetteh (Sparta Prague, Czech Republic), Isaac Twum (IK Start, Norway), Kwabena Owusu (Salamanca CF, Spain), Musah Nuhu (FC St. Gallen, Switzerland), Majeed Ashimeru (FC St. Gallen, Switzerland), Kingsley Fobi (UD Ibiza, Spain), Yaw Yeboah (CD Numancia, Spain), Joseph Paintsil (KRC Genk, Belgium), Gideon Mensah (SK Sturm Graz, Austria) and Osman Bukari (AS Trencin, Slovakia).

foreign pros invited by Ghana for U23 qualifiers....ours and theirs which one has better pedigree?

The only player i know there is Yaw Yeboah. A player that has failed to leave up to his potentials.

Difficult to judge which team is better for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
andrew444:

Omeruo played in Nigeria league or sunshine junior team ?

Etebo and eduok are very okay ,but dem don first odey go Europe that's why I said at the moment

He played in the NPFL with sunshine oga no be today.

I may agree if it is at the moment. Alhassan had a better first season than him but has been injured much of the year. Don't forget Obinna Nwobodo who has been consistent even winning a trophy in that time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rainbow333(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxCwSQ3enw
This very FUNNY comedy video will get laughing really hard. ��

Please subscribe for the hottest, latest, inspirational and most
exciting free Latest 2019 Nigerian Comedy!����

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:
Benjamin Tetteh (Sparta Prague, Czech Republic), Isaac Twum (IK Start, Norway), Kwabena Owusu (Salamanca CF, Spain), Musah Nuhu (FC St. Gallen, Switzerland), Majeed Ashimeru (FC St. Gallen, Switzerland), Kingsley Fobi (UD Ibiza, Spain), Yaw Yeboah (CD Numancia, Spain), Joseph Paintsil (KRC Genk, Belgium), Gideon Mensah (SK Sturm Graz, Austria) and Osman Bukari (AS Trencin, Slovakia).

foreign pros invited by Ghana for U23 qualifiers....ours and theirs which one has better pedigree?

Seems our lads are ahead of these Ghanaians.
I will love to see the Senegalese list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
Lamine Sarr (Gorée) – Idrissa Ndiaye (Diambars) – Ousseynou Cavin Ndiaye (Man Fc- France) – Dominique Mendy (Génération Foot) – Alioune Gueye (NGB) – Khadim Diaw (Génération Foot) – Aliou badji (Rapid de Vienne) – Cheikh Bamba Kane (Smouah/Egypte) – Ibrahima Niane (FC Metz) – Jean Jacques Ndeky (Allemagne) – Ibrahima Ndiaye (Egypte) – Faly Ndaw (Teungueth FC) – Pape Assane Mbodj (Getafe) – Souleymane Aw (KAS eupen) – Ndiaga Yade (Génération Foot) – Ousseynou Niang (Diambars) – Youssouf Badji (Casa Sports) – Formose Mendy (Darou Salam) – Moussa Ndiaye (Aspire) – Assane Diousse (Chievo Verone) – Ousseynou Ndiaye (Lyon) – Mamadou Lamine Danfa (Casa Sports) – Mor Talla Nguer (Us Gorée) – Albert Diene (Jaraaf) – Mohamed Diop (DSC)

This is Senegal s list for under 23. One plays in Lyon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Chukwuemeka007:

dem no go qualify in Jesus name, in sha Allah....

Southie is the only African country that gimme joy whenever they lose....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:

Lamine Sarr (Gorée) – Idrissa Ndiaye (Diambars) – Ousseynou Cavin Ndiaye (Man Fc- France) – Dominique Mendy (Génération Foot) – Alioune Gueye (NGB) – Khadim Diaw (Génération Foot) – Aliou badji (Rapid de Vienne) – Cheikh Bamba Kane (Smouah/Egypte) – Ibrahima Niane (FC Metz) – Jean Jacques Ndeky (Allemagne) – Ibrahima Ndiaye (Egypte) – Faly Ndaw (Teungueth FC) – Pape Assane Mbodj (Getafe) – Souleymane Aw (KAS eupen) – Ndiaga Yade (Génération Foot) – Ousseynou Niang (Diambars) – Youssouf Badji (Casa Sports) – Formose Mendy (Darou Salam) – Moussa Ndiaye (Aspire) – Assane Diousse (Chievo Verone) – Ousseynou Ndiaye (Lyon) – Mamadou Lamine Danfa (Casa Sports) – Mor Talla Nguer (Us Gorée) – Albert Diene (Jaraaf) – Mohamed Diop (DSC)

Hmm ..west Africa no gree o.

Abeg show us CIV own if u have it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He played in the NPFL with sunshine oga no be today.

I may agree if it is at the moment. Alhassan had a better first season than him but has been injured much of the year. Don't forget Obinna Nwobodo who has been consistent even winning a trophy in that time.

Smh for omeruo so he played naija league and e dey hide am from his profile ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

That is why I love this seemless synergy between the U23 and SE coaches. Rohr wants to use that game to assess who and who are really ready for the next level.

This is a good development and should be sustained. We should have a standing U23 team. Even if there are no Olympics qualfiers we can organize quality friendlies for them.

Any young player promoted to the Super Eagles should have been tested and assessed by the U23 handlers.

Agreed with everything you said over there

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
andrew444:

Smh for omeruo so he played naija league and e dey hide am from his profile ?

I don't know what to tell you but he did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2019
Liste des Eléphants Olympiques convoqués

GARDIENS DE BUT

TIE NICOLAS (CHELSEA FC, ANG)
DANTE EL HADJ MOUSTAPHA (LYS, CIV)
TAPE IRA ELIEZER (FC SAN PEDRO, CIV)

DEFENSEURS

SAI KPEA HAMED (SOA, CIV)
DIALLO ISMAEL CHESTER (AC AJACCIO, FRA)
OUATTARA KAPLI WILFRIED (ASEC, CIV)
YAMEOGO GUY SERGE (WAC, CIV)
cool KOUADIO YVES DABILA (LILLE, FRA)

9) CISSE JONATHAN (AS MONACO, FRA)

10) OUATTARA ZIE MOHAMED (VITORIA GUIMARES, POR)

11) GNAKAS SILAS (KAS EUPEN, BEL)

MILIEUX DE TERRAIN

12) GUIAGON PARFAIT (AFRICA SPORT, CIV)

13) TA BI WILLY BRACIANO (ATALANTA, ITA)

14) DOUMBIA IDRISSA (CP SPORTING, POR)

15) KEITA ABOUBACAR (OH LOUVAIN, BEL)

16) SANGARE IBRAHIM (TOULOUSE FC, FRA)

17) DAKOI EDGAR (TIGRES FC, MEX)

18) AMANI JEAN LAZARE (KAS EUPEN, BEL)

19) TRAORE HAMED JUNIOR (EMPOLI, ITA)

ATTAQUANTS

20) KOUAME CHRISTIAN (GENOA, ITA)

21) NIANGBO DOGOLE ANDERSON (LIEFERING FC, AUT)

22) AKE LOBA ARNAUD (QUERETARO, MEX)

23) BAYO VAKOUN (CELTIC GLASGOW, ECO)

24) TIMITE CHEICK AYMAR (AMIENS, FRA)

25) DAO YOUSSOUF (VLASIM FK, Rép. TCH)

This is the Cote D Ivoire s list of players against Niger for u23...i think they have pedigree..and.competitive too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:

Thanks sir.. Decent enough though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:

GARDIENS DE BUT

DEFENSEURS

MILIEUX DE TERRAIN

ATTAQUANTS

This is the Cote D Ivoire s list of players against Niger for u23...i think they have pedigree..and.competitive too

Mehn.. This list bad ganh oo.

I hope say majority no be bench warmer or playing for the youth teams of their respective club sides
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
I think CIV has good names in the- millieu-midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:

GARDIENS DE BUT

DEFENSEURS

MILIEUX DE TERRAIN

ATTAQUANTS

Le Elephants. They never disappoint.

But Wait, that 25th name on the list is it the republic of Tchad I am seeing there? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Le Elephants. They never disappoint.

But Wait, that 25th name on the list is it the republic of Tchad I am seeing there? shocked

No, the guy plays in Republic of Czech or Czech Republic for Vlasim FK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:

GARDIENS DE BUT

DEFENSEURS

MILIEUX DE TERRAIN

ATTAQUANTS

Goodjoe remember the guys I asked u to take ur time to watch? They all made this list.

The Serie A gems of Jnr Traore, who just signed a bumper deal with fiorentina, Christian Kouame that destroyed Juventus, two days ago, Ibrahim Sangare of Toulouse, idrissa Doumbia of Sporting CP, Vakoun Bayo of Celtic and Dabila of Lille, ofcourse.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Goodjoe remember the guys I asked u to take ur time to watch? They all made this list.

The Serie A gems of Jnr Traore, who just signed a bumper deal with fiorentina, Christian Kouame that destroyed Juventus, two days ago, Ibrahim Sangare of Toulouse, idrissa Doumbia of Sporting CP, Vakoun Bayo of Celtic and Dabila of Lille, ofcourse.

I do remember.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Our resident Ivorien... grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
tbaba1234:

Our resident Ivorien... grin grin

Hahahahaha so u dun join dem? grin grin

At this level, dem get squad buh we can match dem. My boys are equal to whatever those Ivorians might throw at us. Gush! Av u seen Okereke play before? Dude is nothing less than St Etienne's Aubemeyang.

Mind u, before the Olympics proper, the likes of Ebere Eze, Seyi Ojo, Josh Maja, Ovie Ejaria, Osimhen, Dele Bashiru, Odey, Okoroji, Frank Onyeka et al might still get infused in the team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Hahahahaha so u dun join dem? grin grin

At this level, dem get squad buh we can match dem. My boys are equal to whatever those Ivorians might throw at us. Gush! Av u seen Okereke play before? Dude is nothing less than St Etienne's Aubemeyang.

I watched his last match. He had a goal and an assist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2019
tbaba1234:

I watched his last match. He had a goal and an assist.

Okereke grabbed one goal, had one assist, caused a penalty for the other goal, and to top it all caused the red card of the Benevento defender!

What do u make of his style of play and overall demeanor in the field of play?

To me, when I see him play, I see power, pace, skill and total football intelligence. Above all, I see a kid very enthusiastic of what he does.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
gamaliel9:

GARDIENS DE BUT

DEFENSEURS

MILIEUX DE TERRAIN

ATTAQUANTS

Watch out for this Sangare guy. Dude won 11 tackles and had the most touches in his last game for Toulouse.
I'd be surprised if he's still at Toulouse next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

Okereke grabbed one goal, had one assist, caused a penalty for the other goal, and to top it all caused the red card of the Benevento defender!

What do u make of his style of play and overall demeanor in the field of play?

To me, when I see him play, I see power, pace, skill and total football intelligence. Above all, I see a kid very enthusiastic of what he does.

Bags of potential and intelligence.

I saw a picture of our under 23 team and i think they looked younger than the under 20 side.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:03am On Mar 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

Bags of potential and intelligence.

I saw a picture of our under 23 team and i think they looked younger than the under 20 side.

Boy has a bright future.

Lol u beat me to the bolded. I was gonna write same thing too. I saw the pics and the only old looking guys in the pic, were picked from Aigbogun's U20 squad. Bar those guys, every other person in the squad looks younger than our supposed U20 players.

Aigbogun is a scam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bascovanveli2: 1:17am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 19, 2019
ChrisKels:

Wait o Bayo Vakoun the Bayo na 9ja name o. Wetin be im tori?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) (5625) (5626) (5627) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Isahalbash(m), do4luv14(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.