Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (975) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688596 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:22pm On May 25, 2017
Icon79:
OK. Good to know but are you 100% sure that we have a full squad?

Who would partner Ekong in the Center Back?
Who would play the anchor role (#4 DM)?
What about RB?

I think we're still missing bits and pieces of the team, unless we decide to play people in the wrong positions.
Let's hope I am wrong tho.

O pari

Are you sure you know this team?

There is Awazien and Agbo to partner Ekong.

There is Agbo, Mikel and Shehu for DM.

There is Shehu and Tyrone for RB.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:22pm On May 25, 2017
Dedebanky85:
If you rate playing in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Co. as exports, then kudos to you. Is it by the quantity of the export or the quality? Please look at the main Euro countries , the contingent of each Franco phone countries trumps ours. Is it Belgium, France, Scandanavia, even England, Senegal has a nigger presence than Naija. Is Italy where we have maybe 5. We shoukd accept, Naija players are finding it tough moving to good leagues. Remove our core 30 to 35 players, then you need to start going to obscure places to find Naija players. Even the Turkey we are shouting about, Franco phone countries have a lot of players in Turkish teams.

Francophone countries have it easier because France makes sure they have it easier, unlike Britain wey fit no send una

We need to stop comparing ourselves to this Francophone countries, what is the situation of players from Anglophone countries? How many of them are playing in Europe? You call Mali, Senegal and the likes but you forget that the colonialists were different and that is a big factor in moving to Europe.

What does Mali's senior national team look like that we should care where their former U20 and U17 players are plying their trade? The success of a country's age grade team can only be measured by the quality of their senior team in the future.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:24pm On May 25, 2017
Just from the top of my head, here's a rough guess:

Alampasu
Ezenwa
Ekong
Nacho
Henry
Tyronne
Alhassan
Etebo
Odey
Olatubosun
*Musa (in honeymoon mode)
*Mikel (injured)

Meanwhile, my major concern is that we won't have a chance to see the likes of Noah Bazee, Isaac Success, Moses Simon, John Ogu, Osimhen, Ndidi, Kayode, etc.

Joebie:
show me the list in camp now, and I will circle out a handful that we would like to test. Remember we also have Togo friendly if i'm right

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:26pm On May 25, 2017
name them o.. Ugo Ehiogu too. Let's not forget other countries. Where is Ogbonna and that Watford new signee now?
Fashanu nko?

Icon79:
True tok.

I think some of these folks should speak with Gabriel Agholanhor.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:32pm On May 25, 2017
Like I said, unless we play folks in the wrong positions. Is Uche Agbo a CB? I know him as a DM, but I can't trust him to play in that position by himself either.

And by the way, Mikel isn't playing. He's just there for moral support, only.

O pari

joseph1013:
Are you sure you know this team?

There is Awazien and Agbo to partner Ekong.

There is Agbo, Mikel and Shehu for DM.

There is Shehu and Tyrone for RB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:32pm On May 25, 2017
Check your list, i've highlighted the players we want to see play. Also Uche Agbo, Mikel Agu, and Awaziem. Not forgetting Odey (for those who have been crying foul over his non-invitation before now). Now that's a handful.

Here is my proposed squad based on what we are hearing from the training camp.

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=tx5j5

Icon79:
Just from the top of my head, here's a rough guess:

Alampasu
Ezenwa
Ekong
Nacho
Henry
Tyronne
Alhassan
Etebo
Odey
Olatubosun
*Musa (in honeymoon mode)
*Mikel (injured)

Meanwhile, my major concern is that we won't have a chance to see the likes of Noah Bazee, Isaac Success, Moses Simon, John Ogu, Osimhen, Ndidi, Kayode, etc.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:34pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
Problem with parents generally is they always live in the past. Only if some can look to the future and realize their days are not necessarily like ours. Today foreign born players stand a better chance having a long career with Nigeria. You cannot use your judgement of how u were treated by Nigeria in the past, and think your child will experience the same (papa Torunarigha and Lorfa in mind).

We are on the cusp of a new era. Even foreigners are beginning to feel the tremors (let me borrow Chrismario's word). The Coach of Corsica said as much too. So if the parents of these boys are blind, na dem sabi. Maybe they need a Dibia to sound it into them. We need all our talents - home grown, foreign born, all. Let's approach, persuade, entice and encourage everyone but who want do yanga, we free am.

This football thing is a tide. One time (as in contemporary times)it was France 98-02, then Spain 2008-2014, currently Germany. It looks like ours has come. Incidentally it has coincided with the auspicious arrival of Rohr to help us manage our usual incompetence small. And then the deal signed by NFF with Aiteo to take care of the bills of our Coaches. Who knows what the soccer gods have decreed. But the omens look good.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:35pm On May 25, 2017
Icon79:
Like I said, unless we play folks in the wrong positions. Is Uche Agbo a CB? I know him as a DM, but I can't trust him to play in that position by himself either.

And by the way, Mikel isn't playing. He's just there for moral support, only.

O pari

Officially confirmed that you don't know this team.

Agbo plays CB/DM. check his profile.

Not John Obi Mikel, but Mikel Agu. There is no Mikel that's in camp for moral support.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:35pm On May 25, 2017
What's your formation: 4-4-2?

O pari

Joebie:
Check your list, i've highlighted the players we want to see play. Also Uche Agbo, Mikel Agu, and Awaziem. Not forgetting Odey (for those who have been crying foul over his non-invitation before now). Now that's a handful.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 6:39pm On May 25, 2017
How come we have so many talented players nowadays. Hope Rohr can really mold them into a trophy winning team.
1.Carl Ikeme
2. Daniel Akpeyi
3.Ikechukwu Ezenwa
4. William Troost-Ekong.
5.Kelechi Iheanacho.
6. Alhassan Ibrahim.
7.Henry Onyekuru.
8.Mikel Agu.
9.Ahmed Musa.
10.Elderson Echiejile.
11.Oghenekaro Etebo.
12.Chidozie Awaziem.
13.Shehu Abdullahi.
14. Mikel Obi
15. John Ogu
16. Tyronne Ebuehi
17. Ndidi Wilfred
18. Uche Agbo
19. Ola Aina
20. Sareren Bazee
21. Isaac Success
22. Kenneth Omeruo
23. Ogenyi Onazi
24. Moses Simon
25. Victor Moses
26. Larry Kayode
27. Leon Balogun
28. Brown Ideye
29. Odion Ighalo
30. Victor Osimeh
31. Alex Iwobi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2017
Oh, when I saw Mikel, my mind went to John Obi Mikel.

Anytime I have seen Uche Agbo play for Granada, he's always been deployed as a DM. Never seen him play as a CB. And I have watched quite a few times. So I don't care about his player profile. That's why we played Ndidi as a RB in Zambia and that almost got us in trouble. Players should play in their favorite positions. And I am talking from experience here.

O pari

joseph1013:
Officially confirmed that you don't know this team.

Agbo plays CB/DM. check his profile.

Not John Obi Mikel, but Mikel Agu. There is no Mikel that's in camp for moral support.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:40pm On May 25, 2017
4-2-3-1.. I can easily change it to ur preferred 4-4-2. Our forwards are versatile.

Icon79:
What's your formation: 4-4-2?

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:40pm On May 25, 2017
Bro let's keep it real here, most of those guys are average players.

O pari

zoboizee:
How come we have so many talented players nowadays. Hope Rohr can really mode them into a trophy winning team.
1.Carl Ikeme
2. Daniel Akpeyi
3.Ikechukwu Ezenwa
4. William Troost-Ekong.
5.Kelechi Iheanacho.
6. Alhassan Ibrahim.
7.Henry Onyekuru.
8.Mikel Agu.
9.Ahmed Musa.
10.Elderson Echiejile.
11.Oghenekaro Etebo.
12.Chidozie Awaziem.
13.Shehu Abdullahi.
14. Mikel Obi
15. John Ogu
16. Tyronne Ebuehi
17. Ndidi Wilfred
18. Uche Agbo
19. Ola Aina
20. Sareren Bazee
21. Isaac Success
22. Kenneth Omeruo
23. Ogenyi Onazi
24. Moses Simon
25. Victor Moses
26. Larry Kayode
27. Leon Balogun
28. Brown Ideye
29. Odion Ighalo
30. Victor Osimeh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:45pm On May 25, 2017
You have spoken correctly. The timing may just be right. After UAE U17 WC, I predicted we will have at least 8 of those players in the SE within 5 years from our winning that tourney. Although Falling short of my prediction, we can still boast of about 8 U21s in the current SE. We are about to witness another Golden generation. But will Lorfa and co be part of this rare history? One thing I know for sure England will continue to wobble in international soccer.

The choice is theirs as always
Mujtahida:

We are on the cusp of a new era. Even foreigners are beginning to feel the tremors (let me borrow Chrismario's word). The Coach of Corsica said as much too. So if the parents of these boys are blind, na dem sabi. Maybe they need a Dibia to sound it into them. We need all our talents - home grown, foreign born, all. Let's approach, persuade, entice and encourage everyone but who want do yanga, we free am.

This football thing is a tide. One time (as in contemporary times)it was France 98-02, then Spain 2008-2014, currently Germany. It looks like ours has come. Incidentally it has coincided with the auspicious arrival of Rohr to help us manage our usual incompetence small. And then the deal signed by NFF with Aiteo to take care of the bills of our Coaches. Who knows what the soccer gods have decreed. But the omens look good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2017
Icon79:
I knew that they would quickly get Tammy Abraham entangled in their snare, especially after our NFF officials had stupidly broadcasted to the whole world that they have Tammy in their plans. I won't be surprised if they try to cap him at the senior level as well .... to keep him beyond our reach.

The NFF is populated by a group of daunces sad angry

O pari

I tell you especially that spokesman called ademola....the guy is making fool of himself by his utterances
let England have him if they want to....
we should cap those who agreed to play for Nigeria.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
We havn't learned the white man's language. say one thing from one side of their mouth and do another thing.
Is it Tammy and Lorfa begging to represent the UK now?

They said it should be a thing of pride to play for England. But apparently they are pulling a stunt here on Tammy. Anyway if Tammy had earlier ignored Nigeria's interest, I must keep my mouth shut. How do you process the passport of a player that is not interested in playing for Nigeria? Let's hear the truth about Tammy Abraham, because it's not adding up.

I wish I can share the excerpts from Mr ademola...the NFF spokesman statement in that regard.
To be honest...the nff is dominated by a group of non professionals...
uttering such words were wrong...I guess they just wanna give the public the impression that they're working
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:00pm On May 25, 2017
tbaba1234:

That is an old news report and has proved untrue because Kayode was invited for the France camp.

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:00pm On May 25, 2017
in fact if only Alaba was patient. I'm sure he is regretting it now. His talents is wasting away internationally. Austria MAY never qualify for the World Cup throughout his playing career.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:02pm On May 25, 2017
yes he suggested we are now processing the Nigerian passport of Tammy Abraham (as if Abraham has agreed to represent Nigeria)
mtchewwww

Humility017:

I wish I can share the excerpts from Mr ademola...the NFF spokesman statement in that regard.
To be honest...the nff is dominated by a group of non professionals...
uttering such words were wrong...I guess they just wanna give the public the impression that they're working
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
Problem with parents generally is they always live in the past. Only if some can look to the future and realize their days are not necessarily like ours. Today foreign born players stand a better chance having a long career with Nigeria. You cannot use your judgement of how u were treated by Nigeria in the past, and think your child will experience the same (papa Torunarigha and Lorfa in mind).

Lorfa's is an embarrassment for an ex international who once I don't know if he is still one of the top heads in lobi stars management....

so greedy...I tell you he is constantly repeating his son will play for Nigeria wen he clock 23....to play fast game on himself...
he hopes his son get capped by England before he clock that age...otherwise he turns to Nigeria... he wanna play a fast one on us.

for the Hertha Berlin guy....his Dad stance is understandable being that he is on the payroll of the German club...saying otherwise or convincing his son to ditch Germany might cost him....his job.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:04pm On May 25, 2017
Let's encourage him to keep on following SE. His effort is commendable. The veteran SE fans can tell he is quite new to this.

Icon79:
Bro let's keep it real here, most of those guys are average players.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06pm On May 25, 2017
Kitchen table talk nko -- Torunarigha

Humility017:

Lorfa's is an embarrassment for an ex international who once I don't know if he is still one of the top heads in lobi stars management....

so greedy...I tell you he is constantly repeating his son will play for Nigeria wen he clock 23....to play fast game on himself...
he hopes his son get capped by England before he clock that age...otherwise he turns to Nigeria... he wanna play a fast one on us.

for the Hertha Berlin guy....his Dad stance is understandable being that he is on the payroll of the German club...saying otherwise or convincing his son to ditch Germany might cost him....his job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:06pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
yes he suggested we are now processing the Nigerian passport of Tammy Abraham (as if Abraham has agreed to represent Nigeria)
mtchewwww

that's what you get..
when the wrong people gets the Job..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
Kitchen table talk nko -- Torunarigha
I don't get you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:10pm On May 25, 2017
if I give my pikin advise, must the whole world know.. no be for the same house we dey stay?

in fact the papa himself must feel more German than Nigerian. Maybe his role at Hertha Berlin U-10 or whatever dey catch am. You know there are these category of Nigerians that go abroad, and all the say or think of Nigeria is negativity, in fact they pledge their allegiance to Oyinbo. I suspect he is that kind of person. lol

Humility017:

I don't get you bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:17pm On May 25, 2017
Eredivisie Relegation play off

Breda 1-0 Nijmegen

Awoniyi introdcued in the 61st minute by NEC

Fisayo Adarabioyo introduced by Breda in the 85th.

88 minutes gone at time of posting this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2017
goldfish80:

The issue with Chisom's real age is a matter of principle as I was made to understand.
His owner, a pastor and former Rangers player, Austen Igweokolo have a strong conviction that he only takes in players with their real age, that's his policy.

However, at 25 he could still very much play at the top level till age 33 which is about 8years.

An investment you can get 7-8 years of good service cannot be bad investment in my opinion.

I agree with your opinion 100%.

However, the mentality of our Managers and recruitment teams is so age biased it is unbelievable.

A boy of 17 can be rated higher than a player of 23 who is much better on the basis of future potential.

However if you have had the opportunity to prove your quality age will be ignored. Example of Jermain Defoe at 34 Bournemouth are paying him £130k a week new signing.

Sometimes I don't blame Africans for age cheating it's the only way to get an opportunity.

If I was to say to a premiership team I have an excellent player who is 25 in Sweden there will be no interest WHATSOEVER. However, if I say I have an excellent 16/17 year old we will have discussions.

Can you explain what you mean by owner please TPI has been outlawed by FIFA in Europe since 2015.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2017
safarigirl:
Francophone countries have it easier because France makes sure they have it easier, unlike Britain wey fit no send una

We need to stop comparing ourselves to this Francophone countries, what is the situation of players from Anglophone countries? How many of them are playing in Europe? You call Mali, Senegal and the likes but you forget that the colonialists were different and that is a big factor in moving to Europe.

What does Mali's senior national team look like that we should care where their former U20 and U17 players are plying their trade? The success of a country's age grade team can only be measured by the quality of their senior team in the future.

The Francophone countries have direct easy express entry from thier local leagues to the French league 1.

The British approach to us is simply abysmal and downright denigration to call a spade a spade I would call it racist.

It's changing a bit eternally for Black African British players but to come from Nigeria NPFL to even League 2 is almost impossible.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 7:34pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:

Oga saw your line up it is complete nice one, but onyekuru as top nine is not good, he shld swap place with kelechi, kelechi shld b d striker.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 7:38pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:

Kelechi shld strike and henry to the left then etebo right, henry operates from the left most times and cuts in, etebo is also good in any position her versatllile, he can play even as GK smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 7:41pm On May 25, 2017
komekn:

The Francophone countries have direct easy express entry from thier local leagues to the French league 1.

The British approach to us is simply abysmal and downright denigration to call a spade a spade I would call it racist.

It's changing a bit eternally for Black African British players but to come from Nigeria NPFL to even League 2 is almost impossible.
I cannot but agree with you, the British has never threated us like the way the French does to the counterparts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:42pm On May 25, 2017
Watching Wolfsburg live playung against Eintracht Braunschweig in a relegation battle to stay in the Bundesliga.

I really want to see Osimhen I watched him in his last match, I want to see if it's all hype or there is an exceptional talent.

Wolfsburg are a mere shadow of thier former selves they are not facing relegation by mistake.

This is no longer a big club filled with international top players. So if he cannot claim position here then it will very difficult to move on to bigger and better things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.