Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688108 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Ok. I see.

Chippa United! Hmmm! As an assistant or main coach?

Is he doing well with Enyimba?

Well, about knowing how to set up his team, I don't know if it's true because I watched Enyimba recently and I saw the usual kick and follow. Maybe I didn't see well.

He was a head coach at chippa if I'm not mistaken.
The problem with using Enyimba to judge him is that they are playing away from home on a bad pitch. I personally don't think he is doing better than Ogunbote did last season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

I dont know, thats why I am asking people to share the pics. I avnt seen any myself.

I see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
AIG07:
I think it's time NFF start beaming their search lights... We need a sound INDIGENOUS coach not necessarily local(i.e handling a local team) coach as back up for Rohr.

The coach should be drafted in as assistant coach or coach (since Rohr is the technical advisor) as the case may be. This will help ease out transition when ROHR'S current contract expires.

We need someone who will feel the pain when we loose, someone who understands our football culture and most importantly someone who will deliver results by using the right tools at his disposal.

I won't mind where the person comes from as long as he is a Nigerian and tickes those boxes he haas my support!

Foreign coaches are good but some times they are not what Africans need to move forward. All World Cup winners were coached by their very own.

We just need the right person at the helms. A coach who will not allow bribery, nepotism and tribalism to becloud his judgments while carrying out his assignments.

The bolded is almost impossible. Hard truth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

The bolded is almost impossible. Hard truth
that has always been their bane.

Sometimes I do wish we have Foreign Born Coaches as we have in players who did not grow up in the Nigeria society or perhaps have spent the most part of their lifes outside the shore of this country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

He was a head coach at chippa if I'm not mistaken.
The problem with using Enyimba to judge him is that they are playing away from home on a bad pitch. I personally don't think he is doing better than Ogunbote did last season.

Really! Did he finish in the top 5 in the league?

Well, I understand bad pitch factor could hinder good football.

Goodluck to him.

How is doing with Enyimba in CAF competition this season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
AIG07:

Sometimes I do wish we have Foreign Born Coaches as we have in players who did not grow up in the Nigeria society or perhaps have spent the most part of their lifes outside the shore of this country.

Just like Ghana has Chris Hughton. The coach of Brighton in the EPL right?

Ehiogu was good before his painful death. Iffy was OK with Ethiopia though I dont know what he has been up to, lately.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
AIG07:

Ify Onourah a former coach of Ethiopia and John Salako a former Crystal_Palace_F.C first team coach are based in England. They are FB coaches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

I agree. No argument. But I want to know is what you(lexyman) personally saw not what Dechamp saw. grin oya ooo grin

bro ... you need the Croatian president Hug your life will never remain the same

on a more serious note Giroud is a team player, and is hold up play is a blessing to the French team , I THINK HE WAS INCLUDED FOR THAT TACTICAL REASON ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Just like Ghana has Chris Hughton. The coach of Brighton in the EPL right?

Ehiogu was good before his painful death. Iffy was OK with Ethiopia though I dont know what he has been up to, lately.
Never knew the man has Ghanaian heritage.

E be like se for football we are still learner even on the continent. We are behind our fellow west African neighbors like Ghana, and Senegal not to talk of the North Africans. Na only mouth we get.

Empty barrel always making the loudest noise.

Even our local players struggle to get deals in Europe they are always invited for trials. The only outlier amist our coaches who has the prospect of going far fought with his employers and he was shown the exit.

WWe have a long way to go. I still don't know why we keep calling ourselves Giant Of Africa football or is it Pride of Africa. When we have not yet done anything very tangible in the round leather game.

3 AFCON titles compare to Egypt's 7, Cameroon's 5,; World Cup round of 16 compare to Senegal’s, Ghana's quarter final bout. The same Olympics we always talk about has been won by Cameroon. Ghana has done better in the age grade competitions winning both the U-17s and u-20s and they haven't done badly at the Senior level.

So much mouth without action. Same attitude our players carry to every tournament they go. They make the most noise and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it.

We need to be humble, look deep and stop all this gragra we are doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Ify Onourah a former coach of Ethiopia and John Salako a former Crystal_Palace_F.C first team coach are based in England. They are FB coaches.
how good are they?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
AIG07:
how good are they?

I don't know. I no go lie but for them to get to such level means they have something to offer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
Saw this somewhere

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
AIG07:
Old people that didn't want to go away - Okocha 2018
Who was he talking about?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Really! Did he finish in the top 5 in the league?

Well, I understand bad pitch factor could hinder good football.

Goodluck to him.

How is doing with Enyimba in CAF competition this season?

No his last stint didn't end so well. They didn't face relegation or anything but they finished way bellow Enyimba's standard. As for CAF, so far so good, one win one loss but the loss was bad. But they are tough to beat in the league.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2018
Enyimba int'l Stadium

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2018
AIG07:
Never knew the man has Ghanaian heritage.

E be like se for football we are still learner even on the continent. We are behind our fellow west African neighbors like Ghana, and Senegal not to talk of the North Africans. Na only mouth we get.

Empty barrel always making the loudest noise.

Even our local players struggle to get deals in Europe they are always invited for trials. The only outlier amist our coaches who has the prospect of going far fought with his employers and he was shown the exit.

WWe have a long way to go. I still don't know why we keep calling ourselves Giant Of Africa football or is it Pride of Africa. When we have not yet done anything very tangible in the round leather game.

3 AFCON titles compare to Egypt's 7, Cameroon's 5,; World Cup round of 16 compare to Senegal’s, Ghana's quarter final bout. The same Olympics we always talk about has been won by Cameroon. Ghana has done better in the age grade competitions winning both the U-17s and u-20s and they haven't done badly at the Senior level.

So much mouth without action. Same attitude our players carry to every tournament they go. They make the most noise and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it.

We need to be humble, look deep and stop all this gragra we are doing.

Lol my man dun vex grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2018
Stephen keshi Stadium asaba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
Players, i expect to have break-through seasons and perhaps have auditions with the super eagles.

1. Deji-Betheuyer (left back): He has started pre-season strongly and looks like he will play a role for Frankfurt this season. Given the general lack of natural left-footers at left back, I expect him to get a call-up this year especially if he gets enough playing time at Frankfurt.

2. Sarenren Bazee (Winger): He has also started strongly with a few goals. He suffered from injuries last term but with a full preseason under his belt, I expect him to be back with the super eagles.

3. Samuel Chukwueze: Great potential. Already training with the first team at Villarreal. A breakthrough season could mean a super eagles call-up.

4. Ebere Eze: If he picks up from where he left off or maybe joins a premier league club, a call-up can not be too far away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol my man dun vex grin
the thing vex me Gan. Seeing A French team made up of close to 13 players of African decent climbing the stage as champions brought some mixed feelings.

Was just asking myself when will an African side put smiles on our faces? I come ask which of the African nation is capable of doing the impossible na so I see se my country no de top 3. I con de shake head.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Can u show us where u said it or I dont bilifit grin

You dey find who you go give work this night abi?

Those that saw where I made the comment will acknowledge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
Stephen keshi Stadium asaba

Beautiful pitch no doubt(most likely artificial) but the sitting capacity is too small. Cannot host any major competition.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
tbaba1234:
Players, i expect to have break-through seasons and perhaps have auditions with the super eagles.

1. Deji-Betheuyer (left back): He has started pre-season strongly and looks like he will play a role for Frankfurt this season. Given the general lack of natural left-footers at left back, I expect him to get a call-up this year especially if he gets enough playing time at Frankfurt.

2. Sarenren Bazee (Winger): He has also started strongly with a few goals. He suffered from injuries last term but with a full preseason under his belt, I expect him to be back with the super eagles.

3. Samuel Chukwueze: Great potential. Already training with the first team at Villarreal. A breakthrough season could mean a super eagles call-up.

4. Ebere Eze: If he picks up from where he left off or maybe joins a premier league club, a call-up can not be too far away.

Nwakwali should be added I mean Kelechi not the other one. His vision as a midfielder is eagle visioned.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
nelszx:

Nwakwali should be added I mean Kelechi not the other one. His vision as a midfielder is eagle visioned.

Yes, if he makes his breakthrough in Porto.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
CAFCL: Okpotu To Make Official Debut For Moroccan Club DHJ Vs Es Setif

By Adeboye Amosu:
Nigerian forward, Anthony Okpotu, is set to make his official debut for Moroccan club, Difaa Hassani d’el- Jadida (DHJ), in a CAF Champions League game against ES Setif of Algeria on Tuesday, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Okpotu,who was the top scorer in the Nigeria Professional Football League last season with 19 goals joined DHJ on a three-year deal from Lobi Stars on Thursday.

DHJ sit in third position in the group after picking one point from their opening two games in Group B.

They lost their last game 2-0 at home against TP Mazembe and need a win against ES Serif to boost their hopes of making it to the quarter-finals.

TP Mazembe sit at the top of the group with six points, Algeria’s MC Alger with four points are in second position, while Setif occupy the last position in the table.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/cafcl-okpotu-to-make-official-debut-for-moroccan-club-dhj-vs-es-setif/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
Porto boys..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:47am On Jul 16, 2018
AIG07:
the thing vex me Gan. Seeing A French team made up of close to 13 players of African decent climbing the stage as champions brought some mixed feelings.

Was just asking myself when will an African side put smiles on our faces? I come ask which of the African nation is capable of doing the impossible na so I see se my country no de top 3. I con de shake head.
I see those guys as French. They were nurtured by the French nation.
We wouldn't know most of them if they had stayed back in Africa.
Until we improve our all round infrastructure - we'll keep looking in sadness while the white man utilizes our resources for their benefit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:02am On Jul 16, 2018
goldfish80:

LOL don't make me laugh! Michael2 recall the conversation we had last year? abeg come and help me tell this guy how much I rate Mbappe.

who no remember? How we said Mbappe is easily the best teenage player on the planet and some dudes said Nacho is almost at the same level with him, some even said Nacho was/is better. I remember totally, so what Chriskels is saying is funny sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:45am On Jul 16, 2018
This is for those who hide our failure under d disguise of "our team is for d future"

Take a look at d France national team DT won d world cup,half of d starting eleven members are of age 25 and below. If we fail again in Qatar 2022,we would hear d same story again,our team is for d future, we re building etc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2018
elyte89:
This is for those who hide our failure under d disguise of "our team is for d future"

Take a look at d France national team DT won d world cup,half of d starting eleven members are of age 25 and below. If we fail again in Qatar 2022,we would hear d same story again,our team is for d future, we re building etc

We do not have the same quality of players as France does but we could have a few world class players by 2022 if the young ones develop and are integrated into the team. I mean players like Chukwueze, Nwakali, Eze, Ejaria etc..

We have a plethora of young talent coming through. Let's not forget, we had the youngest team in this WC and some players might be hitting their prime in 4 years time. Maybe a few of them will become world class.

I am not that disappointed in this WC. I thought we played very well. Great organization for the most part. We lacked the personnel in some areas. If we had a quality striker, that Argentina game would have been an easy win.

We have a good base to start from right now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:53am On Jul 16, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

No his last stint didn't end so well. They didn't face relegation or anything but they finished way bellow Enyimba's standard. As for CAF, so far so good, one win one loss but the loss was bad. But they are tough to beat in the league.

Hmmmmm! I see. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2018
tbaba1234:

What about Keanan Bennetts (Left midfielder) and Mandela Egbo (right back) both of Borussia-Monchengladbach?

Shawn Adewoye (CB) of Genk should be contacted once he gets some game time.

We don't know what they will turn out to be.

We need Keanan-Bennetts because, since he is a left midfielder and left footed, he will fit well into our new formation and Rohr himself is looking for left footed players.

That's why I think Deji and Samuel could easily make the team since they are left footed and since Rohr is searching for left footed players, provided they play some games. Sheyi Ojo is also left footed and a right winger. He's interested in playing for Nigeria. Maybe e break through Liverpool first team this season will get our attention.

We need Shawn Adewoye too because we really need to breed CBs due to the ageing once. He is still eligible to play for the U20 because he's yet to play a competitive match for Belgium but we can lure him to the SE.

Besides these players, we should intensify efforts to get those German defenders, Ademola Lookman and Lukas Nnechem. They are good players.

I forgot to add Taiwo Awoniyi. That is if he eventually goes to Monaco.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:53am On Jul 16, 2018
Hope it goes through but it shouldn't spoil market for Taiwo Awoniyi move to Monaco.

Liverpool Interested In Signing This 23 Y/O European Attacker: Right Fit For Klopp’s Plans?

KAA Gent winger Moses Simon has confirmed that five times Champions League winner Liverpool have shown an interest in bringing him to Anfield. The Nigerian missed a chance to play at the World Cup due to injury, however, that hasn’t stopped Liverpool from pursuing the 23-year-old, talented winger.

It is being reported that Jurgen Klopp sees him as someone who can bring in a much-required depth to his squad as they look to win something substantial and end their six-year trophy drought. The attacking ace is rated at £10m and this could be Liverpool’s fourth signing of the summer after they sealed the deals for Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Liverpool’s squad depth was exposed in the Champions League final last season after an injury to Mohamed Salah as the team struggled to get going and Adam Lallana, who was brought in as a replacement, didn’t have much game time behind him, having struggled throughout the season with injuries. Klopp will be aware that to go the distance in big competitions, having a strong bench is as important as having a strong playing eleven.

Simon can play down either of the wings but his preferred position is that of a left winger. So the Nigerian could well be a backup option for Sadio Mane. Liverpool, meanwhile, have already signed Shaqiri who will play down the right wing.

The Nigerian starlet is currently recovering from the injury for which he missed the World Cup and recently said, ”Yes, I can confirm my agent told me about Liverpool’s interest in me. I find it interesting and I leave the dealings with him and the club.’’

The Reds have been playing some of the best football in the country as they made their way to the Champions League final last season. Only a few goalkeeping errors and a bad luck with injury derailed their game as they were matching Real Madrid punch for punch in the finals.

Simon has an abundance of pace but he still is an unfinished product as he needs to add more of a goal threat to his game. The Nigerian made 33 appearances in all competitions last season and managed just 6 goals. Maybe Klopp can bring out the best in him but Premier League will most definitely be the sternest test that the 23-year-old has ever faced in his career.
Sponsored by Revcontent

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/946331802?-21310:8643

(1) (2) (3) ... (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.