Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11658733 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:
Enyimba int'l Stadium
They've completed its refurbishment?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:32am On Jul 16, 2018
Mickael2:

who no remember? How we said Mbappe is easily the best teenage player on the planet and some dudes said Nacho is almost at the same level with him, some even said Nacho was/is better. I remember totally, so what Chriskels is saying is funny sha

Are u sure u followed this argument from the roots? It's about Mbappe and Fekir not Nacho. Goldfish80 boldly tipped Fekir to be the star of the French team prior to the world cup because he had more juicy numbers than Mbappe. But today he doesn't wanna admit that since the reverse was the case.

Wetin concern Nacho with this abi I look like those wey dey praise him to high heavens? U miss road
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2018
AIG07:
I think it's time NFF start beaming their search lights... We need a sound INDIGENOUS coach not necessarily local(i.e handling a local team) coach as back up for Rohr.

The coach should be drafted in as assistant coach or coach (since Rohr is the technical advisor) as the case may be. This will help ease out transition when ROHR'S current contract expires.

We need someone who will feel the pain when we loose, someone who understands our football culture and most importantly someone who will deliver results by using the right tools at his disposal.

I won't mind where the person comes from as long as he is a Nigerian and tickes those boxes he has my support!

Foreign coaches are good but some times they are not what Africans need to move forward. All World Cup winners were coached by their very own.

We just need the right person at the helms. A coach who will not allow bribery, nepotism and tribalism to becloud his judgments while carrying out his assignments.

I would have suggested Oliseh as replacement for Salisu but I don't think he ll be humble enough to be under Rohr.

Amuneke, Saskia, Garba Manu etc won't be bad choice. They will be given a blue print to work with...

I would look at Sol Campbell, he is not poor and has a point to prove very experienced qualified and more African orientated than many African.

However, he will not be controlled or manipulated for self interest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2018
forgiveness:

Ify Onourah a former coach of Ethiopia and John Salako a former Crystal_Palace_F.C first team coach are based in England. They are FB coaches.

Salako get too much oyibo for head.

Sol Campbell uncompromising qualified experienced and knowledgeable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2018
AIG07:
Never knew the man has Ghanaian heritage.

E be like se for football we are still learner even on the continent. We are behind our fellow west African neighbors like Ghana, and Senegal not to talk of the North Africans. Na only mouth we get.

Empty barrel always making the loudest noise.

Even our local players struggle to get deals in Europe they are always invited for trials. The only outlier amist our coaches who has the prospect of going far fought with his employers and he was shown the exit.

WWe have a long way to go. I still don't know why we keep calling ourselves Giant Of Africa football or is it Pride of Africa. When we have not yet done anything very tangible in the round leather game.

3 AFCON titles compare to Egypt's 7, Cameroon's 5,; World Cup round of 16 compare to Senegal’s, Ghana's quarter final bout. The same Olympics we always talk about has been won by Cameroon. Ghana has done better in the age grade competitions winning both the U-17s and u-20s and they haven't done badly at the Senior level.

So much mouth without action. Same attitude our players carry to every tournament they go. They make the most noise and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it.

We need to be humble, look deep and stop all this gragra we are doing.

Chris Houghton is the most STRAIGHT FORWARD, HONEST, RIGHTEOUS man I have ever known in football. Add to that humility that will make some of our so called humble men of God seem like proud despots.

Ask anybody who worked under him Yobo, etc

The only problem he is too straight forward to be the national coach of Nigeria. Im sorry eeee no go work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:08am On Jul 16, 2018
Who still remember Midhat Bajric from nurmberger Germany, the little 15 year old in our old youth thread that pledged his allegiance to Nigeria ahead of Croatia, bosnia and Germany?

Well that boy is 17 now and he has been signed by hoffeinhem first team to play in the Bundesliga and guess what, dude is still begging us for an opportunity to pay respect to his grandfather in Edo state even though his mum is half Germany and half Nigerian and his father Croatian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2018
Hoffenheim New Signing Declares Intention To Represent Nigeria Ahead Of Germany, Bosnia

Nigeria are currently leading the race in the battle for the international future of 17 year old new Hoffenheim signing Midhat Bajric despite Bosnia making contact with his agent.

In a chat with Owngoalnigeria.com, the left footed central defender who moved to Hoffenheim from Nuremburg three weeks ago said his immediate focus is representing Nigeria at the U20 level.

” I am eligible to play for Nigeria, Croatia and also Bosnia. For now only Bosnia have contacted my agent over a possible invitation nothing yet from Nigeria or Croatia “, Bajric told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” My dream has always been to represent Nigeria and some people have assured me that the coach of the U20s is watching me but no contact yet with my agent. I know a good performance with Hoffenheim will help my case a lot”, he remarked.

Speaking on his links to Nigeria, the defender who has a Croatian father and a German mother who has Nigerian links cleared the air on his eligibility to feature for Nigeria at international level.

” My grandfather is a full blooded Nigerian while my mother named Odion Abieba is a half Nigerian married to my Croatian father, who has links with Bosnia. The options are much but Nigeria is top priority for now”, he concluded.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:
Hoffenheim New Signing Declares Intention To Represent Nigeria Ahead Of Germany, Bosnia

Nigeria are currently leading the race in the battle for the international future of 17 year old new Hoffenheim signing Midhat Bajric despite Bosnia making contact with his agent.

In a chat with Owngoalnigeria.com, the left footed central defender who moved to Hoffenheim from Nuremburg three weeks ago said his immediate focus is representing Nigeria at the U20 level.

” I am eligible to play for Nigeria, Croatia and also Bosnia. For now only Bosnia have contacted my agent over a possible invitation nothing yet from Nigeria or Croatia “, Bajric told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” My dream has always been to represent Nigeria and some people have assured me that the coach of the U20s is watching me but no contact yet with my agent. I know a good performance with Hoffenheim will help my case a lot”, he remarked.

Speaking on his links to Nigeria, the defender who has a Croatian father and a German mother who has Nigerian links cleared the air on his eligibility to feature for Nigeria at international level.

” My grandfather is a full blooded Nigerian while my mother named Odion Abieba is a half Nigerian married to my Croatian father, who has links with Bosnia. The options are much but Nigeria is top priority for now”, he concluded.

grin Who knows if Modric's gene dey em body?

Rohr should get him already. He should not look at his age. Afterall, Mbappe don open our eyes. grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:

Are u sure u followed this argument from the roots? It's about Mbappe and Fekir not Nacho. Goldfish80 boldly tipped Fekir to be the star of the French team prior to the world cup because he had more juicy numbers than Mbappe. But today he doesn't wanna admit that since the reverse was the case.

Wetin concern Nacho with this abi I look like those wey dey praise him to high heavens? U miss road
You just want to argue because I know you know what tongue in cheek means, except I'm mistaking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:31am On Jul 16, 2018
Midhat Bajric ;

Yes, that has been my dream; I am white by skin but Nigerian inside. I am a Nigerian, I like to watch Nigeria football players, like Kelechi Iheanacho, John Obi Mikel, Ahmed Musa and others, so many of them. I want to say that I will be very proud to play for Nigeria and make Nigerians proud. My parents support my choice, though my parents are no more together but they still support my dream of playing for Nigeria. I want to visit Abuja, Lagos one day.

Those of us who were here 2-3years ago will remember this excerpt

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2018
goldfish80:

You just want to argue because I know you know what tongue in cheek means, except I'm mistaking.

Lol u want me to believe u weren't serious when u said fekir was ur pick to star for France ahead of Mbappe abi u dont know the meaning of "tongue-in-cheek"?

Dude u were damne serious so dont try to be smart because if things had turned out the way u predicted them, u would have been here shouting" I said it". Admit it, ur pick failed to show up. KPOM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2018
forgiveness:

grin Who knows if Modric gene dey em body?

Rohr should get him already. He should not look at his age. Afterall, Mbappe don open our eyes. grin

Dude is expecting a call from Aigbogun after a good showing with hoffeinhem and u shouting Rohr?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:

Let's see him play for our u-20s first

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2018
Now these are the kind of mixed Nigerians that will give 100%of what they have got to offer not the British wannabes that want us to prostrate for them or roll out the red carpets.

Midhat Bajric ;

I am a central defender, that has been my position and enjoy it so much. I look forward one day to wear green white green. May be they will invite me, I don't know but I am so crazy about it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:
Midhat Bajric ;

Yes, that has been my dream; I am white by skin but Nigerian inside. I am a Nigerian, I like to watch Nigeria football players, like Kelechi Iheanacho, John Obi Mikel, Ahmed Musa and others, so many of them. I want to say that I will be very proud to play for Nigeria and make Nigerians proud. My parents support my choice, though my parents are no more together but they still support my dream of playing for Nigeria. I want to visit Abuja, Lagos one day.

Those of us who were here 2-3years ago will remember this excerpt
I just hope Aigbogun will not play the loyalty card when he selects his team. I'm not to comfortable with the group of over age players he is parading as u-20s.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2018
komekn:

Can you list his coaching experience?

I think that Britiko of Ghana origin is better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:55am On Jul 16, 2018
AIG07:
I just hope Aigbogun will not play the loyalty card when he selects his team. I'm not to comfortable with the group of over age players he is parading as u-20s.

The thing is paining me so much...i am afraid we are have another John Obuh in Aigbogun....we have plythora of talent all over....why the delay in inviting them...These old men will just fizzle out like Oseni,Envoh,Akinsola,Fortune,Okoro etc

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol u want me to believe u weren't serious when u said fekir was ur pick to star for France ahead of Mbappe abi u dont know the meaning of "tongue-in-cheek"?

Dude u were damne serious so dont try to be smart because if things had turned out the way u predicted them, u would have been here shouting" I said it". Admit it, ur pick failed to show up. KPOM
You just made me do a quick search on the arguments here regarding Mbappe. How time flies cheesy Reading through how some people were close to abusing me because of how I promoted Mbappe here makes me wonder if this guy had flopped, I may have been chased out of this thread.
But let me not embarrass anyone, I will seive some of the choice comments. LOL
Hindsight dey sweet sha
ChrisKels, in your mind you really think I don't see Mbappe starring for France?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
komekn:

I would look at Sol Campbell, he is not poor and has a point to prove very experienced qualified and more African orientated than many African.

However, he will not be controlled or manipulated for self interest.

Sol Campbell?? shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
goldfish80:

You just made me do a quick search on the arguments here regarding Mbappe. How time flies cheesy Reading through how some people were close to abusing me because of how I promoted Mbappe here makes me wonder if this guy had flopped, I may have been chased out of this thread.
But let me not embarrass anyone, I will seive some of the choice comments. LOL
Hindsight dey sweet sha
ChrisKels, in your mind you really think I don't see Mbappe starring for France?

Now I know where the problem is. U rated Mbappe and at the same time saw fekir as a force to be reckoned with.

Well u caused this argument because u kept on rigmaroling instead of hitting the nail on the head. U chose the wrong closed compounds(tongue-in-cheek) to explain ur stance because to me, even though u claimed to be figurative, ur sentence had more metaphoric sense than ironic(if it was at all), hence, I found the word "tongue-in-cheek" queer, unless u wanna tell me u were mocking Fekir rather, since sarcasm is also synonymous to mockery
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
wayodude:

Sol Campbell?? shocked
grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:
When is our league ever gonna get it right so that we the fans will enjoy some good moves from the their players

Emmanuel Lomotey who played against us as we got pumelled by Ghana at the WAFU cup final has just joined Villarreal first team in the laliga. I wonder where our guys in that tourney are today.

I think I will agree with you,thou I have argued this with you before

But the guy didn't join Villarreal o,he joined Córdoba B

Please check it and confirm,Córdoba played in the 3rd division in Spain

But our league is poor apart from this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
komekn:

Can you list his coaching experience?

If we are not going for Nigerian FB, I will rather go for Chris Hughton. He is the most experienced of all and has a very good record.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
andrew444:

I think I will agree with you,thou I have argued this with you before

But the guy didn't join Villarreal o,he joined Córdoba B

Please check it and confirm,Córdoba played in the 3rd division in Spain

But our league is poor apart from this

After that WAFU finals, he joined cordoba, muazam joined Vienna. Fast forward to this window, he got snapped up by Villarreal while Muazam is struggling to join lowly Maritimo.

Thats the message.

Did u know that if the Academies were not there and we didnt get the FBs, our league wouldn't be able to help us with good players to form a national team. How many of the present Eagles played in our league BTW?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, I started having problems here because of Iheanacho 2 years ago when I said he will struggle if he goes to a lowly club. Today we can see for ourselves. But then, even recently, I was called a hater, tribalist etc because of my stance.

Anyway, I hope he pick up himself.

What if nacho come out very good next season what will you say ?

Mind you some player takes more than a season to adapt,and you can't compare the caliber of players in mancity to leichester
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dude is expecting a call from Aigbogun after a good showing with hoffeinhem and u shouting Rohr?

You mean if he has a good showing with Hoffenheim in the Bundusliga, he is not good enough for the SE? shocked

What a joke?

Even U20 and SE was fighting for Musa in his days.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:

After that WAFU finals, he joined cordoba, muazam joined Vienna. Fast forward to this window, he got snapped up by Villarreal while Muazam is struggling to join lowly Maritimo.

Thats the message.

Did u know that if the Academies were not there and we didnt get the FBs, our league wouldn't be able to help us with good players to form a national team. How many of the present Eagles played in our league BTW?

Hmmm

But the guy did not join Villarreal bro,check nah he just joined Córdoba last month June

So when did he now join Villarreal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:
Now these are the kind of mixed Nigerians that will give 100%of what they have got to offer not the British wannabes that want us to prostrate for them or roll out the red carpets.

Midhat Bajric ;

I am a central defender, that has been my position and enjoy it so much. I look forward one day to wear green white green. May be they will invite me, I don't know but I am so crazy about it.

Wannabes or Wannabe?

Who told you all those British boys will reject a call?

Why are you not calling all the German boys Wannabes because most of them have rejected since who knows when?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
forgiveness:

Wannabes or Wannabe?

Who told you all those British boys will reject a call?

Why are you not calling all the German boys Wannabes because most of them have rejected since who knows when?

Wannabe is the singular form of wannabes. Ibe and Tammy are wannabes not Wannabe grin

Make I leave out others for now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
ChrisKels:

Thats the message.

That is shifting the goal post, that is not a message. It's either u are saying he moved from the Ghana to Villarreal or u have no point at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), Tinneh, Marjoribanks, IFELEKE(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.