Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,716 members, 7,837,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Faith Is Like: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Is Like: (697 Views)

The Christian Faith Is Based Upon Evidence / God Defined; The Faith Is Electromagnetic Not Christianic / Faith Is Trusting God, Not Belief In Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith Is Like: by damhadji(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2009
This is a little write up was inspired by the spirirt of God. I had a feeling that someone needs this today. Please read and share with friends.

FAITH, OPTIMISM i believe are similar. Faith is a belief without proof.It is also "being positive about something even though there is nothing affirming that you should do so".Optimism can also be described in this way to. I was trying to have a good picture of Faith and God dropped this in my mind.
Look at a little child trying to reach his toy on top of a table that is higher than him. To him,the thought of getting stool to elevate himself might not come to his mind. The little boy will stand beside the table and keep strecthing and streching at the same time standing on his toes. If he falls, he stands again and continues. I'll call this faith.
If we put on this attitude. The God who sees you and I will come to our aid. He will raise us up. Take us to our goal.
Remember how we used to do when we were very little. We will run to mum and dad to tell them we need this and that eventhough most of us knew their current financial status which might not be very advantageous as at then. One way or the other God provides for them and we get what we wanted.
God wants us to put on this attitude of faith just like little children. He wants us not to care about how its going to come. He wants us to believe in Him.He wants us to know that with Him all things are possible. He is able to do beyond our imaginations. Just have faith. Remember without faith, it is impossible to please God.

God bless u all, God bless me.Have a wonderful week

Re: Faith Is Like: by jagunlabi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2009
Are you saying it is a virtue to be childlike all through human liftime?Always having to wait for devine interventions at doing the smallest of things?To be unwilling to take up challenges and overcome them even though the creator has equipped us to do just that?I do not agree with this line of thinking because only an idiot will see any value in it.

Wouldn't God be of better help if it allows the child to think up a solution like looking for a support to climb on top of to get what he/she is after?
Re: Faith Is Like: by damhadji(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2009
jagunlabi:

Are you saying it is a virtue to be childlike all through human liftime?Always having to wait for devine interventions at doing the smallest of things?To be unwilling to take up challenges and overcome them even though the creator has equipped us to do just that?I do not agree with this line of thinking because only an idiot will see any value in it.

it is quite suprising the kind of understanding you got from the passage.
Jesus said until you become like little children,you may never enter the kingdom of God.
well, this is not the issue now.
the issue is:the little child trying to reach for the toy has acted and he believes he will make it to the toy.
Reaching for toy is a challenge.
Nobody is sitting down idle here.

the point in the writeup is to depend on God like a little child depends on his father. UNTIL WE TELL GOD THAT WE ARE POWERLESS. HE MAY NEVER ACT!

Get it?
Re: Faith Is Like: by jagunlabi(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2009
Well,it depends on what you mean by "God".If by God you mean the man in the clouds with white beards,then waiting for "him" is a waste of time because there is no such entity up there.
But if you mean God to be the universal consciousness,the formless source of all things,then your write up takes on a whole diferent meaning.
damhadji:

it is quite suprising the kind of understanding you got from the passage.
Jesus said until you become like little children,you may never enter the kingdom of God.
well, this is not the issue now.
the issue is:the little child trying to reach for the toy has acted and he believes he will make it to the toy.
Reaching for toy is a challenge.
Nobody is sitting down idle here.

the point in the writeup is to depend on God like a little child depends on his father. UNTIL WE TELL GOD THAT WE ARE POWERLESS. HE MAY NEVER ACT!

Get it?
Re: Faith Is Like: by jagunlabi(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
FAITH, in itself,is worthless if it is not followed by knowing or the search for knowledge.Ironically,this makes scientists and technologists the most faithful human beings in existence.
Re: Faith Is Like: by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2009
damhadji:

This is a little write up was inspired by the spirirt of God. I had a feeling that someone needs this today. Please read and share with friends.

FAITH, OPTIMISM i believe are similar. Faith is a belief without proof.It is also "being positive about something even though there is nothing affirming that you should do so".Optimism can also be described in this way to. I was trying to have a good picture of Faith and God dropped this in my mind.
Look at a little child trying to reach his toy on top of a table that is higher than him. To him,the thought of getting stool to elevate himself might not come to his mind. The little boy will stand beside the table and keep strecthing and streching at the same time standing on his toes. If he falls, he stands again and continues. I'll call this faith.
If we put on this attitude. The God who sees you and I will come to our aid. He will raise us up. Take us to our goal.
Remember how we used to do when we were very little. We will run to mum and dad to tell them we need this and that eventhough most of us knew their current financial status which might not be very advantageous as at then. One way or the other God provides for them and we get what we wanted.
God wants us to put on this attitude of faith just like little children. He wants us not to care about how its going to come. He wants us to believe in Him.He wants us to know that with Him all things are possible. He is able to do beyond our imaginations. Just have faith. Remember without faith, it is impossible to please God.

God bless u all, God bless me.Have a wonderful week

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" -- Hebrews 11:6

Here is another illustration for the need of faith.  Try to establish any sort of friendship without faith.  Walk up to a lady and introduce yourself.  When she tells you her name, say, "I don't believe you," Watch her reaction.  When she tells you where she works, say that you don't believe that either.  Carry on like that for a while, and before long you may be nursing a black eye from dirty slaps in quick successions, forehand and backhand.  Your lack of faith in her is a strong insinuation that she is a liar.

If she a mere mortal, feels insulted by your lack of faith in her word, how much more do unbelievers (such as Atheists, occultists, false religious adherents that abound here on NL), insult the Almighty God by refusing to believe His Word.  In doing so, they are saying that God isn't worth trusting and that He is a liar and a deceiver.  The Bible says, "He that believes not God has made Him a liar" (1 John 5:10).  It also says, "Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you and evil heart of unbelief . . ." (Heb.3:12).  The command of the Scriptures is, "Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22).  If a meaningful human relationship cannot be established without faith, what sort of relationship could we expect to have with God, if by our unbelief we continue to call Him a liar?  undecided
Re: Faith Is Like: by grace5: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2009
Seed Faith

My Precious child, do not be discouraged when it seems that I am not
answering your prayers at the time allotted by you. Your prayer has
been sown as a seed faith, and I delight in this, for you made sure
to please Me.

Know that the seed is growing into the ground first, making roots,
just as I am reaching deep down your soul to prepare you to receive
the answer to your prayer.

When the roots are strong enough, it will be a support to the plant,
which will then reach to the sunlight and become the most precious and
beautiful flower you've ever seen. I am working behind the scenes to
bring your prayer to pass, for the answer will be an all-encompassing
one which will affect even those around you.

I only give good gifts and I prepare you accordingly to enjoy the
gift in a mature way, as a testimony of My great love for you.
Re: Faith Is Like: by grace5: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
It Is Already Paid For

It is done; it is already paid for.

My dear child, don't try so hard to built your faith. Look to Me. I
am your Father and I sent My beloved Son Jesus. I let Him bear all
pain, poverty, shame--all curses. He took all curses on Himself. He
took your sickness and your pain--He Himself took it. Do you see? It
is already done and paid for!

So change your perspective. You are not the sick trying to be healed.
No, you are the healed and the devil is trying to steal your health.
Don't allow it! Tell him to leave your body, knowing you are My
beloved child, and knowing how I long to see you blessed and healed.
Rebuke the pain, rebuke the sickness--it doesn't belong to you
anymore.

You can do it--you have to do it, because I have done My part. Just
believe and resist the pain and attacks on your body, they have to
leave, and they will!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Faith Is Like: by grace5: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
Do You Know Who I AM?

My Children the spirit of fear has been trying to overtake you but know this I AM bigger and much more powerful than that spirit. You have been trying to do and deal with things your own way. Know this it is I who created the heavens and the earth it is I who knew you before you were in your mothers womb for I have created you. I know your every need I see the tears, I know the hurts, I feel the pain. Do you know who I AM? I have called so many to walk in righteousness but how can you do that if you don't know who I am?

I AM the "I AM". I AM the author and finisher.
I AM the Alpha and Omega.
I AM the LORD YOUR GOD!

Lay all hindrances aside. "How?" you ask. By praise, for I inhabit the praises of my people. Do you honestly think that I will not answer. I AM your father and I love all my children all so much. I want you to know that though you may be walking through the valley of the shadow of death YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FEAR! for I AM with you. know this to be true for I cannot lie.

I long to bring salvation, healing, restoration and peace to my people. All you need is to lean on me, not to you own understanding. Your own understanding has brought you confusion and doubt. I will bring to completion the work that I have started. Many things will try to rise up against you but I say to you FEAR NOT, FEAR NOT, FEAR NOT!!!!! SEEK ME, TRUST ME and you will have the VICTORY!!!!

Come and walk on the water with me for I will not fail!

God Bless
Servant of Christ
Judy Rodriguez
Re: Faith Is Like: by grace5: 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
BLIND FAITH

I am looking for blind faith in the hearts of My children. Yet you may ask,
what is blind faith? I will tell you that blind faith is looking past your
circumstances, what you see in the natural, into the supernatural realm of
My blessings, which are always yes and amen unto you. Blind faith means that
you would be oblivious to your own abilities, weaknesses, failures and
present circumstances and take Me for My word. Blind faith means that you
will take the risk to believe Me for the impossible, to step out of the boat
and walk on the water despite the raging storms and winds that are about
you. Blind faith obeys Me when I bid you to do My will even though it makes
no sense to your earthly mind.

My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts transcend what you could
ever dream or think about, but it takes blind faith to come into agreement
with what I want to establish in you and in the earth. It is foolishness to
believe that I was crucified, and rose on the third day, to open the eyes
of the blind, to raise the dead. It is foolishness to believe that My
blood could cleanse your sin and make you whole. I need not give you further
examples, for they are recorded throughout My word. But did I not say that
the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of God? Did I not
promise that I would use the foolish to confound the wise?

That is why I say turn a blind eye to your own pre-conceived perceptions,
wisdom and understanding, and believe that I will do what I say I will do.
Many times when I bring forth a promise to you, you would analyze it, see
if it made sense, and give a score to see whether I am able to do it. Would
you be able to limit My power? Do you know that I cannot be contained, that
I am all power, all mighty? Did I not create the heavens and the earth by
the word of My mouth? If you believe this is so, then by the Word of
My mouth, I have called forth your promises, your destiny, and it shall
come into being. It takes foolishness to believe all that I did in times
past recorded in My word, but if you so believe this, do you think My
power, mercy and love stopped operating with the last chapter of Revelation?

So today, call upon Me. Believe Me for that which you know I have promised
you. Every promise in the bible is for you. Have even the mustard seed
faith, and that is enough to move your mountains and to create a highway
and a river in the wilderness for you. Remember that I am for you and not
against you. Remember that I have not called and brought you this far to
quit, but to be victorious.

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be True? Jews As Slaves In Eygpt / Deletion! / Lesson From Chrit Embassy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.