Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure (13925 Views)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Leke001: 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
una dey crase!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Damfostopper(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
Endtime country.... Endtime super eagles
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by donkripton(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
themall:
Who cares?

NFCS does!!!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
Awon werey who cares...... imagine the emotional heartbreak they cause Nigerians......

if no bi one tin I for say make Ogun and Amadioha strike una
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by repogirl(f): 4:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
NFF is our problem, they don't plan, they interfere, they sabotage, they frustrate the team and coaches.

NFF is the bloody problem.

1 Like

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
I said it before the match that the best bet for Nigeria was to withdraw from the competition. By so doing, nobody would say Nigeria didnt qualify for AFCON 2017. We only "withdrew" like Chad did. Now look at the kind of embarrassment the self-acclaimed giant of Africa has culled upon itself. It's a pity. A very big one.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by xtervaganza(m): 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
mikel as eagles captain-2 losses, I draw

Weyrey captain
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by ucsquare(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
na d witch from dem papa village dey follow dem
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by ceejay80s(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
Super eagles should go to hell
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by samakam: 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hw many times are they going to apologize. Abeg make them free us,better tinz to hustle for on my mind abeg
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
And Ben murray Bruce will say we should support our local league. God knows I'll never support super eagles again. The whole 90 minute dey played was full of shouting and cursing with heavy heart beat.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by vikeyz(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Oliseh

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by HRich(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
How about Captain Mikel? Who did he blame in Egypt?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Fadipeshet(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
They gave it their best but the "bridge" was badly broken. SiaSia should just continue plz.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by princeee1: 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
I blame NFF for d politics played in dat first leg of match when they carried d match 2 Kaduna State, knowing fully well dat d stadium is nt dat ok
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by henrydadon(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
some wailer will still blame it on buhari
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by adeboizy11(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Na everytime una dey go back to the drawing board. Axe those nonsense people including d Nff officials outrightly, promote the under 17boys and their handlers to super-eagles and may the Joy we once witnessed as per hunger and desire to win come back to our footballing shores.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by MONDAYkay(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Gerra ra here
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by yoged(m): 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
jotey:
we don't need a foreign coach
siasia should continue
Siasia werey wo. He is not good at coaching the so called over age players at the Youth level

1 Like

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Alvino1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
The so called super eagles or whatever they call themselves should stop wasting the time of busy Nigerians (no offences to futball lovers) they are always of the habit of calling the attention of Nigerians and the result is always failure.. to help with their apologies.. it's pointless coz we hav always know they will fail..
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by jotey(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
yoged:
Siasia werey wo. He is not good at coaching the so called over age players at the Youth level
bro he is good....just giv im time 2 perform with this crop of players
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by hadexdemo: 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
Y are they not going to fail,when the country self is under fail govt.

1 Like

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
don't worry,we understanding it better..wink
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by ritaoritza(f): 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
Why are they begging me!? Must u be paid to play what you love to do?..... Where is "de paszieon"

#Arsenwenger'sAREA
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by goodvision12(m): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
We dont need a foreign coach.what we actually need is a foreigner who will come and take charge of football administration in nigeria.Even if you like employ pep guardiola as our foreign coach with this current administrators he will fail.

1 Like

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by CaptPlanet(m): 2:13am On Mar 31, 2016
Under Gej we lifted the Afcon

Under Buhari, we couldn't even qualify

Na joke o
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by walozanga(m): 6:26am On Mar 31, 2016
THIS ADMINISTRATION CARRY BAD LUCK HOOHA!!!!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Seun360(m): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2016
CaptPlanet:
Under Gej we lifted the Afcon

Under Buhari, we couldn't even qualify

Na joke o

2015 afcon that we didn't qualify for was under ur papa right?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by babajay69: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2016
blueto:

When will Nigerians, especially Leaders abscond from apportioning blames for failure?

You wouldn't have lauded the previous coach if you were able to qualify Nigeria, so why consolidate on blame?

we Nigerians are already aware of the flaws of the previous coach and reinstating them depicts that you want us to perceive that you don't share a partial blame.

As for me I would like to apportion blame in this order.
SUNDAY OLISEH:
He left the team high and dry when he knew that the toughest test of his stewardship was approaching.
I would have liked to ask him whether he was unaware how the NFF operates, didn't he know that they never keep to their promises? He should have done his best to qualify Nigeria for the nation's cup then he could have resigned. My respect for him is zero.

THE NFF:
They also share in the blame because of the way they operate. They never keep to agreements or contracts. They don't have a good relationship with the private sector because of this. They always have to run to the government for funds.
They also made the stupid idea to take a match that we needed to win to Kaduna. A place that is extremely hot. When you have players coming in from Europe thereby giving Egypt (who majority of their team are home based) the advantage. I mean we have good stadiums down south , where the temperature is much milder and appropriate for footballers in colder climates but the NFF chose Kahuna a hot and bumpy pitch.

SAMSON SIASIA:
Personally I would like to praise him for picking up a very difficult job in a precarious situation.
But his choice of players didn't do him any favours.
The major issue with the team came from the centre of the park where new captain Mikel held sway. He was static and bereft of ideas save for hoisting hopeful balls to Ighalo who had three Egyptians marking him at all times.
Etebo and Mikel were terrible together. Neither new who was playing a holding role or attacking role. He needed to have brought a player like Onazi who plays with a lot of passion.
In the attack Musa was woeful. He had one of his worst displays in a Super Eagles shirt. In fact with what he did in the first leg, he ought have been benched.
Moses Simon who was the best player in the first leg didn't even get to play while Musa just got the nod to spoil everything. You would have thought that Siasia would have substituted him but no.
Our line up should been as follows...
Akpeyi Gk
Echejiele LB. Oboabona CB. Ambrose. CB. RB
Onazi DM V.Moses CAM
Iwobi. RW. M.Simon LW
Ihenacho ST
Ighalo ST
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by Paschalp(m): 10:16am On Mar 31, 2016
themall:
Who cares?
NFCS does!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by engrjacuzzi: 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
how will they qualify when efe ambrose played woefully. the match had been arranged
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Apologizes To Nigerians For Failure by CaptPlanet(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
Seun360:

2015 afcon that we didn't qualify for was under ur papa right?

We didn't qualify for 2015 Afcon but at least we still won it under GEJ.....

If Wetin I talk pain u, u can join ur uncle below... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ivan Perisic Joins Bayern Munich On Loan / Senegal Vs Gambia : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 15th January 2024 / Nigeria Vs USA (basketball) On Monday August 1st, 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.