Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) (2782 Views)

Sinful Giver Vs Repentant Non Giver.. Who's The Real Christian? / A Real Christian Ought Not To Die / FAITH The Real Christian Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by LEAFLET(m): 1:27am On Mar 31, 2016
Why did God stop the Tower of Babel from reaching Heaven but didn't stop spaceships from being launched into space? and if heaven is the sky as the Bible claims,then why don't we see heaven when we go to space?

4 Likes

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by LEAFLET(m): 1:29am On Mar 31, 2016
My opinion is that religion and bible as a whole might be fictional after all and there is no way a white woman and a white man gave birth to me!!!

4 Likes

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by louisdemaria(m): 1:34am On Mar 31, 2016
hmmm
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by thesicilian: 1:47am On Mar 31, 2016
One word : intent.

They said, “Come, let us build a city for ourselves, and a tower whose top
will reach into the heavens, and let us make a [famous] name for ourselves,
so that we will not be scattered [into separate groups] and be dispersed over
the surface of the entire earth [as the LORD instructed].”

Genesis 11:4 (Amplified version)

The Tower of Babel was built for 2 reasons : to glorify men (& not their maker) & 2. As a direct disobedience to God's instructions to replenish and fill the entire earth.

Man's mission into space is essentially in search of knowledge, not as a result of defiance to the word of God.

Remember, sin is a transgression of the law, where there's no law therefore, there's no sin

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by cckris: 1:47am On Mar 31, 2016
Please what is the WORTH of your approval & certification that a person is a real Christian?

4 Likes

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by LEAFLET(m): 1:53am On Mar 31, 2016
Someone who really believes in the bible and that Jesus is lord and will come back to judge every man!!
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Terry68: 1:54am On Mar 31, 2016
primordial vision and era of newfangled can never be compare spiritually and knowledge wise.

oh! contemporary intelligence is beginning to cause stupidity and disunity.

the ways of spirits is entirely beyond human imagination.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by MoneypassGod(m): 1:55am On Mar 31, 2016
Dats y there is no 100% evidence dat God exist, he doesn't..

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by LEAFLET(m): 1:55am On Mar 31, 2016
[]I just want to make sense out of all the deception... It's going to be really hard for me tomorrow when I have kids because I will be torn between raising them in the normal way I was raised or just raise em in my own percieved truth, to be true to their lineage and not be a brainwashed teen that I was although I was quite rebellious and asking questions from childhood!! We as Africans have to wake up and see things realistically...enough is enough!!

4 Likes

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by tabletgirl: 2:25am On Mar 31, 2016
LEAFLET:
[]I just want to make sense out of all the deception... It's going to be really hard for me tomorrow when I have kids because I will be torn between raising them in the normal way I was raised or just raise em in my own percieved truth, to be true to their lineage and not be a brainwashed teen that I was although I was quite rebellious and asking questions from childhood!! We as Africans have to wake up and see things realistically...enough is enough!!

Dear Leaflet. Read your Bible, ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you. If you are sincere He will. We are not following cunningly devised fables but a real God Who heals, delivers and sets free. I have experienced this and still do everyday, this is the only reason I have the boldness to reply you. He is real because I have a personal tangible relationship with Him and He keeps all His Promises to me. People can say the night is too dark for there to be a sun, but it doesn't stop the sun from existing. I am not saying He is real by faith, its by knowledge because I talk with Him daily and He talks back to me. I'm not trying to convince you, its not my job to. I only wish u won't let yourself be cheated of a relationship with Him. Its not about saying He is real because the Pastor says so, but because you have met with Him. He exists and He is amazing! He is the best Thing that ever happened to me. Take care

7 Likes

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by asadike(f): 3:35am On Mar 31, 2016
Thk u tabletgirl. I was once like d op, never believing in pastors and miracles until it happened to me personally. My sister, indeed there is God and there are powers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by LEAFLET(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
tabletgirl:

Dear Leaflet. Read your Bible, ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you. If you are sincere He will. We are not following cunningly devised fables but a real God Who heals, delivers and sets free. I have experienced this and still do everyday, this is the only reason I have the boldness to reply you. He is real because I have a personal tangible relationship with Him and He keeps all His Promises to me. People can say the night is too dark for there to be a sun, but it doesn't stop the sun from existing. I am not saying He is real by faith, its by knowledge because I talk with Him daily and He talks back to me. I'm not trying to convince you, its not my job to. I only wish u won't let yourself be cheated of a relationship with Him. Its not about saying He is real because the Pastor says so, but because you have met with Him. He exists and He is amazing! He is the best Thing that ever happened to me. Take care
. I really hope it's as easy as you make it seem!!
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by ElCount: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
LEAFLET:
Why did God stop the Tower of Babel from reaching Heaven but didn't stop spaceships from being launched into space? and if heaven is the sky as the Bible claims,then why don't we see heaven when we go to space?
He didn't stop us from going to space, so that we can behold yet more of His mightiness and grandeur especially given the fact that the intention was for knowledge other than personal glory like the tower of babel.
In the bible (Job 38) God asked Job "where he was when He laid the foundations of the earth, determined its dimensions and what supports its foundation..." Apparently, we are still waiting for the evolutionists to answer that and all other questions in that chapter. Even after going to space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Joagbaje(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
LEAFLET:

God didn't stop the building . They actually built it.

Genesis 11:5
5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded

He was rather against the idea of staying in one place instead of filling the earth. This was the beginning of continental drift. After this God divided the earth into continent . And the drift began .

Genesis 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided

It's been proven scientifically that the continents of the world which appears to be drifting apart yearly could fit into each other like a jigsaw puzzle . And must have been together as one mass of land in time past

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Joagbaje(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
thesicilian:

The Tower of Babel was built for 2 reasons : to glorify men (& not their maker) & 2. As a direct disobedience to God's instructions to replenish and fill the entire earth.

Man's mission into space is essentially in search of knowledge, not as a result of defiance to the word of God.

Remember, sin is a transgression of the law, where there's no law therefore, there's no sin

Good point
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by enm(m): 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lucky i click on this thread. Have learnt a lot and hope to learn more. Thanks all the poster above.
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by tabletgirl: 1:35am On Apr 05, 2016
asadike:
Thk u tabletgirl. I was once like d op, never believing in pastors and miracles until it happened to me personally. My sister, indeed there is God and there are powers.

Praise God for that my friend. Its so sweet to know Him personally. That's what Christianity is all about. "To know Him is Life"
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by tabletgirl: 1:40am On Apr 05, 2016
LEAFLET:
. I really hope it's as easy as you make it seem!!

All you need is a sincere heart. The Word says "Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you". Its so simple it passes over the head of so many people. Talk to Him, read the Word, be ever so sincere and thirsty for Him and He will show you His Glory. The open secret is His Word is infallible so if He says those that thirst will be filled, they must be. He doesn't turn anyone away. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. God bless you
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by waldigit: 4:20am On Apr 05, 2016
MoneypassGod:
Dats y there is no 100% evidence dat God exist, he doesn't..
You can get a proof of Gods existence if you can reason posteriori and not a-priori. An example of posteriori reasoning is in Psalm 19.
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2016
CHRISTAINS BE TWISTING BIBLE SINCE 0A.D TO SUITE THEIR EXPLAINATIONS....SMH O
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by LEAFLET(m): 3:09am On Jun 20, 2017
cc lalasticala this's an imformative thread!!
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by GodsMopol: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2017
LEAFLET:

One is having all the necessary equipment to survive in out of space, the others, I mean the so plenty thousands others does not have such Space suit to survive up there, so it was out of Love God did it.
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Lamiri(m): 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
LEAFLET:
I also have another question to Christians why did God created the earth in an old way instead of creating it in a way were men won't have to invent anything at all instead men started Changing the world from creating farming tools, wheels , electricity, God didn't do that, men did and all these things and they have changed the world for man why God stay in heaven watching men tend for themselves and pastor collects tithes and offerings
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Martinez19(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jewish bastards are very smart, they probably created that story to stop men from exploiting beyond the atmosphere. Why? They claimed God lives up there. Knowing that they were frauds, they had to stop people from investigating using the hoax that God will come against any investigator.
Another made up story is the story of Job. They probably figured out that people might become utterly dissatisfied with God over the bad things that happens in their lives and the fact that good people who are faithful God suffer the supposed lot of the wicked. So they invented the story of Job to keep you claim in the idiotic religion whatever your circumstances and how long it lasts.
The tower of babel and the story of Job are nonsensical and laughable in the light of modern science.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by OtemAtum: 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
Martinez19:
Jewish bastards are very smart, they probably created that story to stop men from exploiting beyond the atmosphere. Why? They claimed God lives up there. Knowing that they were frauds, they had to stop people from investigating using the hoax that God will come against any investigator.
Another made up story is the story of Job. They probably figured out that people might become utterly dissatisfied with God over the bad things that happens in their lives and the fact that good people who are faithful God suffer the supposed lot of the wicked. So they invented the story of Job to keep you claim in the idiotic religion whatever your circumstances and how long it lasts.
The tower of babel and the story of Job are nonsensical and laughable in the light of modern science.

According to the DOCTUFOS OF events millions of years back:
DOCTUFOS: Nimshi 1: 9-30

9. Then Ephradite said, who told you that the earth is made hard for you by the pronouncement of Yahweh? I tell you the truth, the land of Eden is a swampy area, that is why it seems so pleasant. But in this part of the earth where he had put you, the land is hard because of the excessive sunlight which fell on it when your lord was bringing down destruction upon the whole earth.
10. Don't you know that four rivers flowed into the land of Eden to make it watered? Now tell me how such place shall not be a fertile land?
11. Then Nimshi said, what do you want with me?
12. And Ephradite replied, did your lord not tell you that his abode is in the cloud? Now tell me whether you would not want to be with him there also.
13. And Nimshi said, it is not of us to be with our lord in his abode. For we die to cease to live forever.
14. Then Ephradite said, I am not speaking of death, but I speak of building a house whose top could get into the cloud. Then shall you see the glory of your lord in it. Is his mansions in the cloud not built with gold and other shiny minerals?
15. Now when Nimshi heard this, he was tempted to listen more to Ephradite. Then he said, lord, how shall this be possible? You can see that I am only a farmer who knows nothing about laying the bricks.
16. Then did Ephradite say, go and bring your friends with you. And I shall teach you how to make the building.
17. Then did Nimshi tell some of his people. And they chose the land where Abel was killed to build upon. And the voice of Ephradite instructed them how to build.
18. And it came to pass that report got to Nymphidis in the land of Eden through one of the giant homos which he made. And he told Nymphidis and Largas everything.
19. And Nymphidis said to Lar.gas, if these homos should build their lands into the cloud, will they not discover that there is no heaven in it?
20. Then did Lar.gas say, what shall we do to stop them from making progress?
21. Then did Yahweh say, let us hypnotise them and give them amnesia. Then shall we speak different languages into the ears of each of them. And when they had woken up, they shall speak different languages, each of them, and they shall not be able to continue the building.
22. Now were gathered eighteen thousand souls in the land of Abel, waiting to see the completion of the building whose top would get to the cloud.
[b] 23. And Yahweh came into their midst with Largas, hiding inside the rays which the eyes of the homos could not see. And they blew into their noses a substance which causes sleep.

24. And they all slept off. Then did they whisper into their ears in groups of twenty. And they whispered up to nine hundred languages into their ears.
25. And Nimshi himself was away with Ephradite in the bush nearby. And he was amazed when he found them all asleep. And he woke them up and asked them why they slept.
26. And they answered him in different languages. For one spoke through his nose with his tongue in his cheek and another spoke with the vocal cord vibrating like the sound of a bell.
27. Then Nimshi could not understand what they spoke. Then he was left alone, because he alone spoke a language which none other in the part of his world understood.
28. And when the people had spoken to one another, each of them knew who spoke a language like himself.
29. Then the people began to share their land, because the languages are now many. And then did towns and villages begin to arise.
30. Now Nimshi felt greatly tormented, for he was the only homo-erectus who had no one to speak the same language with him.
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Martinez19(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
OtemAtum:

According to the DOCTUFOS OF events millions of years back:
whao, we agree on the same deception.
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by OtemAtum: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Martinez19:
whao, we agree on the same deception.
abi o. What is yahweh trying to hide ny stopping a storey building ?
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by Martinez19(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
abi o. What is yahweh trying to hide ny stopping a storey building ?
All religious books are bunks.
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by analice107: 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
thesicilian:

Thank you sir.
Now let me add to what my brother has rightly said here.
They are two reasons why the Tower was stopped. He has mentioned one of it, which is defying God's instruction of 'Go into the whole earth, multiply, fill the entire earth with people.

Nimrod wanted them to gather together and not scatter.

Secondly, the champion of this rebellion was Nimrod, a descendant of a cursed tribe, Ham.

Ham sinned and his sin brought a curse to his generation for ever. His seed was to serve as slaves under others. But, here we saw Nimrod, a curse seed rising to rule over the children of Shem and Japheth. It was an error.

God had spoken and it most be, but Satan fights hard at all times to undermine God's words, but he fails each time.

From generations till date, everything God says, Satan rises with the opposite and he uses men who are willing to do his will.

If God says, Ham be under all, then Ham must be under all his brethren.

So, you see, Spaceships toward have no place in prophecy, they don't play any part in God's agenda.

BTW, i didn't answer because i want you to consider me a true Christian, i answered because of the readers.
Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by thesicilian: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
analice107:

Thank you sir.
Now let me add to what my brother has rightly said here.
They are two reasons why the Tower was stopped. He has mentioned one of it, which is defying God's instruction of 'Go into the whole earth, multiply, fill the entire earth with people.

Nimrod wanted them to gather together and not scatter.

Secondly, the champion of this rebellion was Nimrod, a descendant of a cursed tribe, Ham.

Ham sinned and his sin brought a curse to his generation for ever. His seed was to serve as slaves under others. But, here we saw Nimrod, a curse seed rising to rule over the children of Shem and Japheth. It was an error.

God had spoken and it most be, but Satan fights hard at all times to undermine God's words, but he fails each time.

From generations till date, everything God says, Satan rises with the opposite and he uses men who are willing to do his will.

If God says, Ham be under all, then Ham must be under all his brethren.

So, you see, Spaceships toward have no place in prophecy, they don't play any part in God's agenda.

BTW, i didn't answer because i want you to consider me a true Christian, i answered because of the readers.

You have a deep understanding of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by analice107: 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
thesicilian:
You have a deep understanding of the Bible.
It's the Holy Spirit who gives understanding sir. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Defend This Then You are a real Christian!!!(photo) by ichuka(m): 6:22am On Jun 21, 2017
Two women were spoken of in Revelation 17:1-3 and 21:9-10, one is called the great harlot(false church)
and the other is called the bride(the church of Christ)
Let's look briefly at the harlot.the harlot spoken of in Rev.17 and 18 is Babylon.
The name Babylon originates from "Babel." Which in terms speaks of the tower of Babel in Genesis and the principle of the tower of Babel involves the attempt to build up something from earth to reach unto heaven. When men built this tower, they used bricks. There is a basic difference between brick and stone. Stone is made by God, and bricks are made by man. Bricks are a human invention, a human product. The meaning of Babylon relates to man's own efforts to build a tower to reach unto heaven. Babylon represents man's ability. It represents a false Christianity, a Christianity which does not allow the Holy Spirit to have authority. It does not seek the Holy Spirit's guidance; it does all things by human effort. Everything consists of bricks baked by man; everything depends upon man's action. Those who are according to this principle do not see that they are limited; rather, they attempt to do the Lord's work by their own natural ability. They do not stand in a position where they are truly able to say, "Lord, if You do not give us grace, we cannot do anything." They think that man's ability can suffice for spiritual things. Their intention is to establish something upon the earth that will reach to heaven.
God, however, can never accept it.
The principle of second also comes to mind.the first are always according to the flesh but the second according to the Spirt.
So the towel is man made church.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Think Materialism Is Illogical? / Video Of David Oyedepo Ongoing 100k Capacity Auditorium That Got People Talking / Are They Prophetic Schools In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.