Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 (10548 Views)

Dispora Nigerians Remit $18.97bn In 2016 – UN Report / Nigerians Living Abroad Remit $35bn In 11 Months / CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by tdayof(m): 9:31am On Mar 31, 2016
holyboss1:
J,hkuli.j.i
.i
longest time o
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by Krismart(m): 9:31am On Mar 31, 2016
fulanimafia:

You are both very wrong.
Why not put them right bro

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by valdetino(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2016
Pls some one should tell Baba that someone somewhere is with Calculator calculating all the money they said is entering our National account, very soon we will ask him how he used it.
2018 is not far from now.

I Rest my case.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:
A large portion of that money were generated by nigerians in nigeria who are been paid by yahoo yahoo,drug cartels,google adsense,elance,fiverr,amazon,clickbank,adfly and foreign investments.

Nigerians in diaspora are not as generous and succesful as it's been portrayed here

Most of them even think they are better than us here in nigeria.......Could you imagine.

Is it the $100 that they send to home that makes up the $21bn

I don't hate nigerians in diaspora but i hate the mentality and belief they have about we remaining here.

You sound envious and bitter... get some chill bruv

3 Likes

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by birmingham04: 9:42am On Mar 31, 2016
Jealousy people will be saying I can't leave my country go do slave for abroad, we should give kudos to Nigerians in diaspora. No matter how dirty job you do in UK at least at the end of week you will earn 300 pounds times 450 naira is equally to 135000 per week. My brothers and sisters abroad sweet die if you are focus. Omo ole ni aye ogba. I live in UK and I know what am saying. We contribute positively to the development of naija, we sent money back home to develop our country not like our leaders who stole our Commonwealth and deposited it here. Kudos to naija in diaspora. 21 billions dollar no be joke. Ask how you can get here than to be jealoused of your brothers.

5 Likes

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by fulanimafia: 9:42am On Mar 31, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Get it right with facts and figures! Lets see how it goes!
Krismart:
Why not put them right bro

I'm a fact and figure because I'm resident in the UK and I make a significant amount of transactions with Nigerian banks weekly, just like thousands of other northerners here, particularly in Birmingham, Manchester and London. Same applies to northerners in the many countries around the world. Apart from your bias, what verifiable fact can you provide to back your exclusion of northerners contributions to that $21 Billion figure?
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2016
lestat:

You sound envious and bitter... get some chill bruv

Why would i be envious?

I am just stating facts

Na them they feed me?

Travelling out doesn't guarantee success.

Nigerians in abroad should just tone down there pride..That's all
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Let this money be used very well for the development of the country.
Be wise
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by linearity: 9:50am On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:
A large portion of that money were generated by nigerians in nigeria who are been paid by yahoo yahoo,drug cartels,google adsense,elance,fiverr,amazon,clickbank,adfly and foreign investments.

Nigerians in diaspora are not as generous and succesful as it's been portrayed here

Most of them even think they are better than us here in nigeria.......Could you imagine.

I don't hate nigerians in diaspora but i hate the mentality and belief they have about we remaining here.

If you had read carefully, you would have noted that, the source of the money is Nigerians abroad.

The last time I checked, the victims of yahoo yahoo abroad that sends money to Nigeria are not Nigerians, neither are the owners of fiverr, elance, clickbank, etc that remit money to freelancers; and foreign investments are not included.

3 Likes

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by InvertedHammer: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2016
/
$21bn is from remittances alone. It is not the total amount brought into Nigeria by diasporans. Some travelled and took in cash which is off the record. As it is, Nigeria sucks. Take out the remittances by diasporans, a lot of you will be dead. The money might not have come to some folks directly but it did indirectly.
\

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:

Why would i be envious?

I am just stating facts

Na them they feed me?

Travelling out doesn't guarantee success.

Nigerians in abroad should just tone down there pride..That's all

The facts are as thus

If you have ever been outside Nigeria to a developed country even just for two days you would know the following facts:

Life outside for even a janitor or service worker is way better than his or her counterpart in Nigeria

Everything is organized, from living standards to security, health care services and even payment systems everything works!!

Developed countries encourage creativity! And their governments support it!

I could go on and on but as u rightly said traveling out doesn't guarantee success but... it sure guarantees a better standard of living.
No amount of documentaries or stories can ever trully transmit the reality of waking up in a country where there's steady power supply, where food is affordable, where education is world standard and affordable, where your rights are protected to the extent that even dangote dare not speak to u anyhow!

I read a rubbish article here yesterday in which a so called educated graduate was justifying the verbal and psychological abuse he endures at the hands of his employer? And I was like wow!!! This guy is actually insane!!!
Anytime I travel I dear not even speak to interns in HQ anyhow because I could loose my job!! Yet I am a senior manager!!!!

Men my brother you won't understand till you experience it... while I don't support any bragging because there's nothing to brag about only a childish person would do such!
But my guy Nigeria standard of living is sub human and only fit for the worst refugee camps!

I suggest you take take vacation to Canada, Australia, Germany, France , or united states. Or any developed country once! You would never be the same again

6 Likes

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by northvietnam(m): 10:00am On Mar 31, 2016
Them boiz for malaysia and thailand ain't joking at all..

One came back last xmas with three cars worth close to 20mill plus

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by ekeneidiagbor: 10:09am On Mar 31, 2016
Goke7:
The loots that left this country to the diaspora is more than this figure

abegi

and according to you Nigerians in diaspora are to be blamed for the loots that leave this country..

hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by Sunnynwa: 10:29am On Mar 31, 2016
fulanimafia:

You are both very wrong.

You don ever see Arewa man dey hustle abroad? They only come to study and then go home.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by Curiouscity(m): 10:46am On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:
Which nigerians in diaspora?

Is it not the same set of people that nag endlessly before sending $50 to there families.

i personally disconnet relationship with any of my family and friends in abroad.

Not because i hate them but because i dnt want someone to disgrace me thinking i'm asking for some cents.

I dnt blame them sha. Na condition make crayfish bend.

Pathetic.
So they should be sending money anytime you ask without asking questions?

Really sad. sad

3 Likes

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by engrchykae(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2016
Fg should help our guys in diaspora to remit more in order to try to balance what multinationals are remitting to their countries such as shell to uk, total to france,mtn and shoprite to south Africa.
Pmb should project a good image for them and stop calling them names.
Believe me these diaspora guys are helping so much back home.
They are doing the work fg cannot do by serving as social welfare to their respective families and at times as philanthropists.
Pmb pls help them to remit more.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 10:58am On Mar 31, 2016
OreMI22:
Mainly Igbo and Yoruba bringing in 90% of those funds to Nigeria.

Abooki is just there to enjoy the money grin grin grin grin

Sorry. Edo state happens to be the highest recipient of remittances in the country.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by hustla(m): 11:07am On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:
Which nigerians in diaspora?

Is it not the same set of people that nag endlessly before sending $50 to there families.

i personally disconnet relationship with any of my family and friends in abroad.

Not because i hate them but because i dnt want someone to disgrace me thinking i'm asking for some cents.

I dnt blame them sha. Na condition make crayfish bend.

Do you know how many people ask for that same $50 from them?

$50 x 5 family members = $250 / week

Money is hard to come by o

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by hustla(m): 11:10am On Mar 31, 2016
lestat:

The facts are as thus

If you have ever been outside Nigeria to a developed country even just for two days you would know the following facts:

Life outside for even a janitor or service worker is way better than his or her counterpart in Nigeria

Everything is organized, from living standards to security, health care services and even payment systems everything works!!

I could go on and on but as u rightly said traveling out doesn't guarantee success but... it sure guarantees a better standard of living.
No amount of documentaries or stories can ever trully transmit the reality of waking up in a country where there's steady power supply, where food is affordable, where education is world standard and affordable, where your rights are protected to the extent that even dangote dare not speak to u anyhow!

I read a rubbish article here yesterday in which a so called educated graduate was justifying the verbal and psychological abuse he endures at the hands of his employer? And I was like wow!!! This guy is actually insane!!!
Anytime I travel I dear not even speak to interns in HQ anyhow because I could loose my job!! Yet I am a senior manager!!!!

Men my brother you won't understand till you experience it... while I don't support any bragging because there's nothing to brag about only a childish person would do such!
But my guy Nigeria standard of living is sub human and only fit for the worst refugee camps!

I suggest you take take vacation to Canada, Australia, Germany, France , or united states. Or any developed country once! You would never be the same again

You have said it all
Nigeria is the closest thing to hell in my opinion and I always say it would be a serious error on my part if my kids grow up in Nigeria or are born here

3 Likes

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by obailala(m): 11:11am On Mar 31, 2016
OreMI22:
Mainly Igbo and Yoruba bringing in 90% of those funds to Nigeria.

Abooki is just there to enjoy the money grin grin grin grin
Brilliance9000:
We all know it's mostly Igbo...
grin grin cheesy

Una too like quarrel
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by CLEVABOY(m): 11:50am On Mar 31, 2016
Edo Babes. Na dem dey spill more cash pass. Edo I hail o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:

Try and be enlightened it don't cost that much.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by mevisbleek: 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
lestat:

The facts are as thus

+1

2 Likes

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by okeyglm: 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
$21b, yet dollar is still high at #300. yet cbn doesnt have dollar to sell bdc. yet when u ask bank for dollars they cant provide.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by adconline(m): 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:

Conspiracy theorist distorting facts.. This amount has been consistent and close to 2012,13,14 amount.. I don't believe it doesn't win u an argument, but facts do. Show us ur own facts!!
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by winj: 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
most of it will end up stolen and returned to foreign banks (back to sending country, not sender)
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:

May the ancestors bless you for this comment
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
okeyglm:
$21b, yet dollar is still high at #300. yet cbn doesnt have dollar to sell bdc. yet when u ask bank for dollars they cant provide.
We remit money via BDC agents based abroad not the banks or cbn them ones are thieves.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
ayodele234:

May the ancestors bless you for this comment
Seriously? ?
How old are both of yah?
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
winj:
most of it will end up stolen and returned to foreign banks (back to sending country, not sender)
The money in question here is the one the likes of me and every Nigerian living abroad send home to friends and family. It's worth above $21B.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by okeyglm: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
erico2k2:

We remit money via BDC agents based abroad not the banks or cbn them ones are thieves.
you see they will come and tell you that we have only oil as foreign exchange earner, but in nutshell, the amount remitted by our people abroad is capable of financing all our dollar needs in dis country. nigeria has no business exchanging dollar at #300.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
okeyglm:

you see they will come and tell you that we have only oil as foreign exchange earner but in nutshell the amount remitted by our people abroad is capable of financing all our dollar need in dis country. nigeria has no business exchanging dollar at #300.
Well you gt it a bit wrong there. Let me xplain a bit.
Today I sent £1500 direct to my Savings account .The rate I got frm the agent here was N440 per £.I and transfer charges was £40.
Now I pay £1500 I to his Biz account at Barclays he transfers it's equivalent N660k to my first bank savings account .No forex leaves the UK to Nigeria. So first bank never got any forex in this transaction.
But the BDC have created a means of using the £to buy $ without commission here in the UK and physically carry the forex to Nigeria to feed the gap in forex btw BDC operators and CBN.hope it's a bit clearer now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Products That Can Be Imported Into Nigeria / Dangote: Africa’s Biggest Philanthropist - Eyesoflagos / How To Grow Your Business Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.