Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 (10701 Views)

Dispora Nigerians Remit $18.97bn In 2016 – UN Report / Nigerians Living Abroad Remit $35bn In 11 Months / CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by neocortex: 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
phantonce:
A large portion of that money were generated by nigerians in nigeria who are been paid by yahoo yahoo,drug cartels,google adsense,elance,fiverr,amazon,clickbank,adfly and foreign investments.

Nigerians in diaspora are not as generous and succesful as it's been portrayed here

Most of them even think they are better than us here in nigeria.......Could you imagine.

Is it the $100 that they send to home that makes up the $21bn

I don't hate nigerians in diaspora but i hate the mentality and belief they have about we remaining here.

Explain how the list you gave above can even generate 1 billion dollar ?

what is foreign investment doing on your list ?

You are joking right ?

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
$21bn is from remittances alone. It is not the total amount brought into Nigeria by diasporans. Some travelled and took in cash which is off the record. As it is, Nigeria sucks. Take out the remittances by diasporans, a lot of you will be dead. The money might not have come to some folks directly but it did indirectly.
\
Yeh I heard guys in the US take physical cash home.mehn those guys get liver sha

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
neocortex:

Explain how the list you gave above can even generate 1 billion dollar ?

what is foreign investment doing on your list ?

You are joking right ?
Ahah we have to enjoy the jokes to carry some people along.9ja to hard bro and the sun heat nor dey make Boyz smile. Stress level is high in 9ja.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by okeyglm: 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
erico2k2:

Well you gt it a bit wrong there. Let me xplain a bit.
Today I sent £1500 direct to my Savings account .The rate I got frm the agent here was N440 per £.I and transfer charges was £40.
Now I pay £1500 I to his Biz account at Barclays he transfers it's equivalent N660k to my first bank savings account .No forex leaves the UK to Nigeria. So first bank never got any forex in this transaction.
But the BDC have created a means of using the £to buy $ without commission here in the UK and physically carry the forex to Nigeria to feed the gap in forex btw BDC operators and CBN.hope it's a bit clearer now.
bros i am talking in repect to the collated data given. that our remittance last year was $21b.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
okeyglm:

bros i talking repect to the collated data given. that our remittance last year was $21b.
Same thing the system I just narrated is how it all goes down the bulk of the money goes to Nigeria that way.u dig?
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by ghetto101(m): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Edo people nko?

OreMI22:
Mainly Igbo and Yoruba bringing in 90% of those funds to Nigeria.

Abooki is just there to enjoy the money grin grin grin grin
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by ghetto101(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
Later them wo say we no de try.

maximunimpact:
Nigerians in the Diaspora have remitted the sum of $21 billion to the country in 2015 according to a report by the Global Knowledge Partnership on Migration and Development (KNOMAD).

Ekpo Nta, chairman, Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), who made this known at a Board Meeting of the International Anti-Corruption Academy (IACA) in Austria, called on Nigerians in the diaspora to collaborate with ICPC in the fight against corruption.

Given the Government’s zero-tolerance for corruption this was the best time to complement the Federal Government’s job creation effort by investing in cottage industries, especially in their home communities.

“Such industries, he opined should be targeted at manufacturing hitherto imported items for the huge local market and refining local products for export.

“ICPC would continue to treat all petitions from NIDO members expeditiously through continuous investigation, prosecution and conduct of Corruption Risk Assessments in relation to any person or public institution that creates corruption bottlenecks for their investments, especially in the areas of property acquisition and business partnerships”, he said.

Nta who was a Special Guest of Honour during their Extraordinary Annual General Meeting at the official flagging off of Nigerians In Diaspora (NIDO) Germany Anti-corruption Campaign for Nigerians in Germany, said that ICPC’s mandate was to promote strong public institutions

“Even if we successfully prosecute and jail every looter, ghost worker and other economic saboteur, there is every risk that those caught will only be replaced by persons who are just as bad, or worse – unless we radically strengthen our systems and institutions”, he added.

NIDO Chapter Presidents from other European countries who were in attendance called on the ICPC to enter into similar partnerships with them.

Thereafter the ICPC chairman inducted all participants as members of the National Anti-corruption Volunteers Corps (NAVC) of ICPC and decorated them with special arm bands.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/03/31/diaspora-nigerians-remit-21bn/
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by adconline(m): 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
erico2k2:

Yeh I heard guys in the US take physical cash home.mehn those guys get liver sha
If money is legit, nobody can stop you.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 8:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
adconline:

If money is legit, nobody can stop you.
there is a limit to the amount of physical cash you can carry 10K in the UK
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by winj: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2016
erico2k2:

The money in question here is the one the likes of me and every Nigerian living abroad send home to friends and family. It's worth above $21B.

If you seriously think for one minute that most of the $21B sent to family and friends end up CIRCULATING in the Nigerian economy IN NIGERIA you are joking.
MOST of it end up getting used for bribing government officials and civil servants (who stash it abroad) for some service or the other relating to land, arrests, court cases, civil issues, importing goods we cannot make in Nigeria, foreign education, importing tokunbo vehicles, and for useless luxuries.
Most of it end up back in foreign lands.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2016
winj:

If you seriously think for one minute that most of the $21B sent to family and friends end up CIRCULATING in the Nigerian economy IN NIGERIA you are joking.
MOST of it end up getting used for bribing government officials and civil servants (who stash it abroad) for some service or the other relating to land, arrests, court cases, civil issues, importing goods we cannot make in Nigeria, foreign education, importing tokunbo vehicles, and for useless luxuries.
Most of it end up back in foreign lands.
You seriously need some enlightenment
I and more than 100s of us on NL live abroad.why would I want to do any of the aforementioned deeds ??
Go to the Auto section. The property sections. You might learn a thing or two.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by winj: 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
erico2k2:

You seriously need some enlightenment
I and more than 100s of us on NL live abroad.why would I want to do any of the aforementioned deeds ??
Go to the Auto section. The property sections. You might learn a thing or two.

The topic is about money remitted to Nigeria (aka money that actually left abroad by people living abroad transferred into Nigeria), nothing to do with money that YOU did not send from your foreign base!
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
winj:

The topic is about money remitted to Nigeria (aka money that actually left abroad by people living abroad transferred into Nigeria), nothing to do with money that YOU did not send from your foreign base!

This is well embarassing remitted money is money sent .if U li e in Lagos and send money to your mum in the village you have remitted money to the village. The company or institution who help you send the money is called a remittance company.The biggest remittance company in the world is WESTERN UNION.
Read again here """

Nigerians in the Diaspora have remitted the sum of $21 billion to the country in 2015 according to a report by the Global Knowledge Partnership on Migration and Development (KNOMAD).

Nigerians in Diaspora means Nigerians who live outside Nigeria. Ie Ghana, Cameroon. UK. US.Togo etc.
English language comprehension seems to be a problem here.plz Stp this embarassment.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by winj: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
erico2k2:

This is well embarassing remitted money is money sent .if U li e in Lagos and send money to your mum in the village you have remitted money to the village. The company or institution who help you send the money is called a remittance company.The biggest remittance company in the world is WESTERN UNION.
Read again here """

Nigerians in Diaspora means Nigerians who live outside Nigeria. Ie Ghana, Cameroon. UK. US.Togo etc.
English language comprehension seems to be a problem here.plz Stp this embarassment.

No need to argue with a monkey like you, I could be here a month. m0ron
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
winj:

No need to argue with a monkey like you, I could be here a month. m0ron
Just cos I have exposed ur lack of compression you now result to name callings. Well done for your civilised self.
Re: Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 by holyboss1: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2016
tdayof:
longest time o
Indeed bro. I ditched this account since it got banned from my favourite section (travel Section). I will mention you with my latest account.. smiley

Cc - Justwise , [size=14pt]kindly[/size] reduce my Ban with some years, 2021 is a longtime from now.. It's past one year already

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Does One Start A Beer Distribution Business / How To Apply For The Greenprenuer Business Accelerator Program To Win $15,000 / Nigeria’s Official Exchange Rate To Hit N1,068/$ By 2025 – EIU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.