Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria (12532 Views)

Get 100percent Your Investment In 30mins To 48hours / Is MMM A Fraud Or An Investment In Nigeria? According To CBN, It’s A Fraud, What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
And some fools claim baba just wasted the $1 Million for this trip
That's 600% profit ooh

Click like if u think voting Buhari was a right choice
^^

3 Likes

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by neocortex: 11:12am On Mar 31, 2016
Investors are thieves and destroyers, Baba should not let them in.
Sai baba undecided
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2016
ShegeYorubawa:

Oga preaching zombie, how has billion and trillion 'invisible' investment paid your pensioner parents in Oshogbo? grin

How has your wailing derailed/dented our renewed optimism of Nigeria finally being on the right course?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by neocortex: 11:14am On Mar 31, 2016
franciskaine:
Bloomberg out of their neo-colonial stance says investors are moving out, now the father of neo-colonialism is coming to invest, what are we going to believe again?

Did you read the news, this is the normal "Aid" not investment proper.
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2016
he is either looking for something or running from something
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by dyn1800: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016
Don't mind the fool he's Allergic to bad news and have Phobia for the Good News

seunmsg:

All good news from this government is either a propaganda or facade to wailers while negative news are definitely true. Purge yourself of hatred and see the good that is happening.

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by david22uu(m): 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
And some fools claim baba just wasted the $1 Million for this trip
That's 600% profit ooh

Click like if u think voting Buhari was a right choice

Oga i will advice yu get sense at times

A country investing in another country means they are going to make 50 times that amount back...
See for example, Shoprite, DSTV, all the indian and lebanese firms in Nigeria.. They just come and make thier money and go back.
The best form of investment is manpower development.

Why cant America advocate we should come and learn how it is done for free... that is d real investment

As for me, Americans has never been a blessing to any country they invest in, they will rip us off, just watch and see

Dullard Buhamalu - APC _ deceiving Nigerians since 1999
DUllard GEJ - PDP- Preying on our nation since 1999

We need a total reset in the country...

Peace out

6 Likes

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2016
Willybos:
That is very good development.
WHAT EXACTLY is the development?

As Fela says people wey no know dey happy ,people wey know dey look.

America owes Nigeria but because we have bad leaders they do not know which buttons to press. $600 million is NOTHING especially when we consider that Boko Haram grew strong because of weapons from Libya. In short Nigeria paid a very heavy price for US intervention in that country

What are the particulars of this so called $600 million. How much of that money will enter Nigeria or pass through Nigerian Banks. America has forever been giving "AID" that we never see. This is how it works they announce they are giving you $10 million as "AID" the money is paid to US experts,consultants (Read CIA) lawyers and so on doing feasibilty studies,environmental impact studies and all kinds of BS . They will hold meetings in US hotels eat expensive meals while holding meetings and discussions about the studies in conference rooms paid for in the US .They will travel to Nigeria First class and stay at the Sheraton and then bring 2 second Humvees from Afghanistan . They will come and visit several more times at great expense and if you are lucky see $500000 . Of course they have to take out insurance( with US companies) because Nigeria is dangerous but when the Total accounts are done $10 million would have been spent as AID to Nigeria and reflect accordingly. We have been foolish before but we can see through all those empty promises now.
In fairness to them they won't give more because they know how much our people have stolen and kept in their banks and other countries,they know!!

So they can take their investment and stick it where the sun don't shine. China is a more serious and reliable partner for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 31, 2016
neocortex:

What of the energy aspect?
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 31, 2016
neocortex:

mind you, the Aid will never come without strings attached.

3 Likes

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Sanchase: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2016
Hehe, for every $1m US invests in Nigeria they will make 50 percent profit, the conditions of such investment is surely in favor of the United States taking into account the risks to do business in Nigeria at this time.

There is no joy in this news rather we should rejoice when government meet basic needs like 24/7 electricity, free hospital care, free education and more jobs.

2 Likes

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2016
franciskaine:
What of the energy aspect?
What of it? What are the particulars? This from a government that is on its last legs in an election year? These are just empty promises
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
What of it? What are the particulars? This from a government that is on its last legs in an election year? These are just empty promises
lol, America is not Nigeria known for empty political promises u know!
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Guyman02: 11:29am On Mar 31, 2016
EU said last year they are investing $500m; what has happened to the money?
We are not deceived by American claims, all they want is devaluation of the Naira

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Guyman02: 11:31am On Mar 31, 2016
franciskaine:
Bloomberg out of their neo-colonial stance says investors are moving out, now the father of neo-colonialism is coming to invest, what are we going to believe again?
Believe the west at your own peril. Gaddafi dropped his nuclear ambition when he thought he could trust America where is he and Libya today?

EU also said last year they are investing $500m in Nigeria; what has happened to the money?
We are not deceived by American claims, all they want is devaluation of the Naira to buy up the economy for their briefcase investors

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 11:32am On Mar 31, 2016
franciskaine:
lol, America is not Nigeria known for empty political promises u know!
Really? Obama said he would close Guantanamo bay. He will not I could go on and on but if you believe what you have just written then I will conclude you must be a teenager or in your early 20s if you are older and believe that then it is really unfortunate

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by mildflame: 11:33am On Mar 31, 2016
christinie:
Anytime Buhari travels to any particular country na so so lie we go dey hear about that country's intended investment in Nigeria but after a while you will hear it no more.

The last time he went to China they lied that China intended to invest billions into Nigeria but now the story has fizzled out.

APC and propaganda are like bread and butter.

April will be his first visit to CHINA
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by gwales: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2016
[s]
Ecoterrorist:
The first book about America conspiracy i read was Economic Hitman by an author whose name skipped my memory.

A keen observer will ask what will US benefit from this largesse since Obama administration is rounding up and a man called Trump is on his way to review all these agreement.

Buhari needs to do more because this is just a morsel of eba if we deduct the man hours and cost of his travelling
[/s] senseless
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Forwetinnah: 11:38am On Mar 31, 2016
...no wonder they're pressing that we devalue our naira so they can flood the country with their junk/cancer-creating-products
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 11:39am On Mar 31, 2016
Lies...

400 million kor.... 500 million ni
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
Really? Obama said he would close Guantanamo bay. He will not I could go on and on but if you believe what you have just written then I will conclude you must be a teenager or in your early 20s if you are older and believe that then it is really unfortunate
ur opinion. Closing Guantanamo bay is never in America's interest and you won't expect Obama to do things that will indirectly motivate terrorists. Obama promised to address the issue of Osama bin laden, today Osama is history. Obama promised to revitalise American health care system through his reform, your guess is as good as mine. Obama promised to create jobs in the US and also fight the economic crunch under Bush, today the story is different. Obama promised to make the price of oil as cheap as possible for Americans, the resultant effect is decreased global oil price which has hindered so many oil dependent economies.

Most nairanders are fond of attacking individuals rather than attacking the argument, the question is, must I accept ur opinion? You av a right to your opinion but addressing me as a teenager or unreasoned fella just to prove ur point is really not the best.

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2016
gwales:
senseless
Zombie
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Forwetinnah: 11:43am On Mar 31, 2016
omonnakoda:

Some non-entities actually believe so much in that country called the US. The craftiest and most shady government ever in the history of the world..they make others do their shady biddings then sit back to watch things unfold. Their propaganda is out of this world but thankfully other countries are becoming wiser

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by ebenholer(m): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2016
Make dem spend d money first and make we see weytin them use am do before telling us how much them don spend.. Enough of those illusions I beg
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by ebenholer(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2016
franciskaine:
ur opinion. Closing Guantanamo bay is never in America's interest and you won't expect Obama to do things that will indirectly motivate terrorists. Obama promised to address the issue of Osama bin laden, today Osama is history. Obama promised to revitalise American health care system through his reform, your guess is as good as mine. Obama promised to create jobs in the US and also fight the economic crunch under Bush, today the story is different. Obama promised to make the price of oil as cheap as possible for Americans, the resultant effect is decreased global oil price which has hindered so many oil dependent economies.

Most nairanders are fond of attacking individuals rather than attacking the argument, the question is, must I accept ur opinion? You av a right to your opinion but addressing me as a teenager or unreasoned fella just to prove ur point is really not the best.
Boss, all u mentioned are in US not Nigeria, do u now believe if it works out there it will work out here in Nigeria? Come off it I beg.
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 31, 2016
Forwetinnah:

Some non-entities actually believe so much in that country called the US. The craftiest and most shady government ever in the history of the world..they make others do their shady biddings then sit back to watch things unfold. Their propaganda is out of this world but thankfully other countries are becoming wiser
USA is a country like every other. Rather than see Americans as deceitful, why not pray God blesses us with leaders who consider our national interest as first among all else just like American leaders over time do? America is blessed with sagacious leaders who places their interest above that of every other country, and fight towards achieving this ideals. Instead of seeing America as people of deceit, see them as people who do things more rationally.
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by merbenko: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2016
I hate to hear this phrase word "will invest" what I want to hear is " have invested" after he have comes back that chapter is closed forever. Can someone remind me most of the promises by this foreign countries to Nigeria
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 31, 2016
ebenholer:

Boss, all u mentioned are in US not Nigeria, do u now believe if it works out there it will work out here in Nigeria? Come off it I beg.
I only tried correcting a notion of someone who sees America's investment cum aid as only mere political promises that will not see the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by makabulchi(m): 11:57am On Mar 31, 2016
may,plans,allege,targets,will
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2016
Guyman02:

Believe the west at your own peril. Gaddafi dropped his nuclear ambition when he thought he could trust America where is he and Libya today?

EU also said last year they are investing $500m in Nigeria; what has happened to the money?
We are not deceived by American claims, all they want is devaluation of the Naira to buy up the economy for their briefcase investors
we are on the same page friend. I neva trusted their Greek gift u know!

1 Like

Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2016
Re: US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria by lastpage: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
david22uu:

Oga i will advice yu get sense at times

A country investing in another country means they are going to make 50 times that amount back...
See for example, Shoprite, DSTV, all the indian and lebanese firms in Nigeria.. They just come and make thier money and go back.
The best form of investment is manpower development.

Why cant America advocate we should come and learn how it is done for free... that is d real investment

As for me, Americans has never been a blessing to any country they invest in, they will rip us off, just watch and see

Dullard Buhamalu - APC _ deceiving Nigerians since 1999
DUllard GEJ - PDP- Preying on our nation since 1999

We need a total reset in the country...

Peace out

Your IGNORANCE is so high it defies any form of "Education".....
So l wont even bother to let you know that the host country also benefits from such investments!
undecided undecided

Just "Kontinue" ..! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mkety Digital: Buy N Sell All Ecurrencies/cryptos Instantly / Am Seeing Wonders Its Keeps Coming To My Btc Wallet Hourly / House Flipping In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.