Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? (1096 Views)

RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible / Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Is There Sign Of The End Time In The Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Bobbyaf(m): 12:47am On Jul 28, 2009
Sure that would be the acid test, right? What makes the Koran any different? Certainly there are persons who have read certain books, and have found them impacting on their lives.

My next question is this, apart from the commonalities between sacred books, what distinguishes the Koran from all other sacred writings?

Please I am asking Christians not to derail the thread with unnecessary arguments. I genuinely want Muslims to respond freely.
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Abuzola(m): 6:22am On Jul 28, 2009
The Quran is beyond the author of an illiterate Muhammad, the forms and justification is accurate and suitable for man. Had it been other than God for sure it would have contain discrepancy like the bible and Torah
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Abuzola(m): 7:16am On Jul 28, 2009
Absolutely no contradiction
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Abuzola(m): 7:25am On Jul 28, 2009
If you think there is contradiction, quote the verse and its context and leave the people to judge, don't just write referrences and put your own word. Am waiting and i will quote your bible in context and lets see who has contradiction, am waiting!
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2009
@bob, Truly, one thing leads to another coz i had intended to make available to doubting thomases, some Qur'an verses which i intended to title "Miracles of the Qur'an". But with your question, i believe souls will be touched. Lets start with these;
1-Qur'an is God's message to the world, and God guarantees its preservation forever: "Surely, we have sent down this message, and surely, we will preserve it" (Q15:9)
2-No power on earth can produce a Qur'an like this: "If all the humans and all the jinns banded together to produce a Qur'an like this, they can never do it, no matter how much assistance they give one another" (Q17:88)
3-Every messenger was supported by miracles from God. The Qur'an teaches that the miracle bestowed upon Muhammad is the Qur'an itself: "They said, 'Why is he not supported by miracles from his Lord?' Say (O Muhammad), 'Miracles come from God, and I am no more than a warner.' Is it not enough (of a miracle) that we revealed to you THIS SCRIPTURE being recited to them?" (Q29:50-51)
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2009
@may, i should believe you read my post. I will like you to diligently abide by the authors' instruction. Jesus is not with us today remember neither did he leave us with any book(i stand to be corrected). Muhammad was inspired with a book and we have it with us (unaltered) today. Your comments needs a modification, safe!!!
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Abuzola(m): 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2009
Kelly you lord christ died a miserable death and never resurrect coz he was expected to resurrect on third day, 3 days and 3 nights, instead the devil disguise in his form on the second day, and on the third day he never resurrect, dead and turn to sand mathew 26, 27, and luke 22, 23, 24
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2009
@Abuzola, pls be mindul of your comments about jesus(not Isa) because he's the same yesterday, today n forever. He's even around us(though we can't see him, maybe he's busy about trying to correct the errors/mistakes in the bible).lmfao
But kelly, what will bexome of our present day prophet when jesus finally arrives, will they form votron(i mean will they be in partnership)? Coz i can't expect striker T.B Joshua to be playin defense. Maybe Chris Okotie will have to teach Jesus the bible and Adeboye will pray for anointing.lol
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2009
@Abuzola, jst like that Do you think Adeboye will forfeit his Private Jet? I mean this can't be true, the question will no more be who bells the cat but rather, who collects the tithe? jesus never worshipped in a church remember? Joshua should be prepared, "THE SYNAGOGUE!!!" i'm enjoying this topic.
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Abuzola(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2009
Exactly, likewise dancing and singing and merrying in the church, because of tithe for sure they will reject jesus
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by noetic2: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2009
Nezan:

Funny, I opened a thread listing numerous fallacies in the koran. The thread was moved to the Islam section the following day and before you know it, it was locked same day. Funny, aint it?
can u please post the contents of that thread here. . . . .to educate the ridiculously ignorant abuzola
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2009
@jil, what will you do when jesus finally returns?
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by JIL(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2009
Aremugangan:

@jil, what will you do when jesus finally returns?

I can see you are Abuzola's sidekick. If that is not bad enough, you have made it worse by sharing a common name with obasanjo.
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Abuzola(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
Jil, do you know how worthy sound ? A psychologically derail man. Are you in lagos, i wanna treat you free of charge, sè opè
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 2:21am On Jul 29, 2009
@jil, its a pity i'm sharing a name with our immmediate past president right? But if you have any problem with him, isn't he a christian? That i'm on Abuzola's side, well, what if i tel you my name is abusgar, will you tel me that's a coincidence? Doubt it? Pls check my yahoo ID, (you're stil not answering the Op you know?) Safe
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Bobbyaf(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2009
I was really hoping for respondents to approach this thread from a different perspective. Once again people of different religious persuasions are doing what they have not been able to get away from, and that is to critique or oppose another sacred book without having read it, or made an attempt to understand it.

I for one have never read the Kuran, and as such have never made an attempt to argue against Muslims in this thread, even if I thought that their claim to fame was unfounded. Hence I am asking Muslims in particular to intelligently defend the Kuran. Both Christians and Muslims I believe are able to use their book to justify why they believe their sacred book is the genuine one.

Is there a Christian, or Muslim that has in fact read a sacred book, or parts of it, whether it is perceived to be one or not, from the opposing camp? Is there a Christian that has read the Kuran with an open mind? Is there a Muslim that has done the same thing with the bible?

Its very easy to tell the fora that the Kuran is God's words, but is there anything that can be used as solid proof that indeed the book came from God? Is there a distinctive prophecy that was made by the Kuran that is unique to the Kuran? Has that prophecy been fulfilled in history?

Once again goodly people let us reason without offending.
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:17am On Jul 29, 2009
That is why I desire a Muslim to indicate one outstanding prophetic fulfillment that is unique to the Kuran, and can be traced in history. I know for sure that the bible has proven itself true and trustworthy because its prophecies have indeed come true.
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Tudor6(f): 8:47am On Jul 29, 2009
I just can't help but be disgusted at the hypocrisy and double-standards being displayed here by the christians. . . .when has any NL christian ever proved that the bible was as a result of divine inspiration?
But yet you see them drawing swords with the muslims asking for proof. . .haba!
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Tudor6(f): 8:53am On Jul 29, 2009
Bobbyaf:

That is why I desire a Muslim to indicate one outstanding prophetic fulfillment that is unique to the Kuran, and can be traced in history. I know for sure that the bible has proven itself true and trustworthy because its prophecies have indeed come true.

This is a freakn' LIE!
show me ONE prophecy of jesus that has come true.
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2009
@bob, i should believe you read my 1st post on this thread but if you did not, then read again;
1-Qur'an is God's message to the world, and God guarantees its preservation forever: "Surely, we have sent down this message, and surely, we will preserve it" (Q15:9)
2-No power on earth can produce a Qur'an like this: "If all the humans and all the jinns banded together to produce a Qur'an like this, they can never do it, no matter how much assistance they give one another" (Q17:88)
3-Every messenger was supported by miracles from God. The Qur'an teaches that the miracle bestowed upon Muhammad is the Qur'an itself: "They said, 'Why is he not supported by miracles from his Lord?' Say (O Muhammad), 'Miracles come from God, and I am no more than a warner.' Is it not enough (of a miracle) that we revealed to you THIS SCRIPTURE being recited to them?" (Q29:50-51)
4-Q74:18-25 says that some people will declare the Qur'an that it is human-made.
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by littleb(m): 12:09am On Jul 30, 2009
Bobbyaf:

I was really hoping for respondents to approach this thread from a different perspective. Once again people of different religious persuasions are doing what they have not been able to get away from, and that is to critique or oppose another sacred book without having read it, or made an attempt to understand it.

I for one have never read the Kuran, and as such have never made an attempt to argue against Muslims in this thread, even if I thought that their claim to fame was unfounded. Hence I am asking Muslims in particular to intelligently defend the Kuran. Both Christians and Muslims I believe are able to use their book to justify why they believe their sacred book is the genuine one.

Is there a Christian, or Muslim that has in fact read a sacred book, or parts of it, whether it is perceived to be one or not, from the opposing camp? Is there a Christian that has read the Kuran with an open mind? Is there a Muslim that has done the same thing with the bible?

Its very easy to tell the fora that the Kuran is God's words, but is there anything that can be used as solid proof that indeed the book came from God? Is there a distinctive prophecy that was made by the Kuran that is unique to the Kuran? Has that prophecy been fulfilled in history? 

Once again goodly people let us reason without offending.

Beyond resonable doubt there are ample evidence to proof Quran is actually from God almighty. It consists of 100% the word of God and no words of the prophet Muhammad, his companions, or any human being. From morphology analysis alone, it is very clear that the Quran speaks in the first person, i.e. Allah's commandments to its creation. Quran is very well organised and each chapter begin with introduction. Quran itself challenge the whole mankind to provide a single chapter similar to this revelation if they belief is not from God. In the whole of arab poet and orators, Quran has been an amazing book coz it was brought by an illiterate who cant read nor write. Syntax and semantic analysis of the Quran shows all the sentences, words and even letters used in it are in miraculous harmony which linguistics could hardly find mistakes in it.
The Quran objectively stated if its not from God, you would have find there in many discrepancies. And now, over 1400 years, no single one.
Additionally, Quran make references to some historical events and not details history being just a guidance and not an historical book. Also, give clear explanation on sciences such astronomy,space and time, anatomy e.t.c
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Maykelly(f): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2009
Anyway, mus.lim militants! grin Lord Jesus remain Lord forever cheesy
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by olabowale(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Bobbyaf: My mother was a Christian, up until say 2006. My exwife, the mother of my children is a Christian. My Collge roommate is an ordained reverent, of a large church of the Baptist persuasion on Times Square, NYC and I went to Christian High School. So all my life, I was around Christians and the Bible influences, until 1989, when I divorced ending a 7 year marriage. I think I quite meet the standard of whom you will like to know his opinion:

Now, a Unique prediction that you do not have in the Bible; Old or New Testament of ancient Historical events;

1). The Body of Pharaoh of Moses exodus of the Children of Israel was saved as a sign for mankind to show the end of evil people. The Bible is not clear if the Pharaoh even died and definitely no statement is clear from the Bible about his body after his death. But you see that Quran says that he died and his body was preserved. So if he died in the sea, there must be salt residue in his lungs. So Bobbyaf, goggle to find this out yourself. There is a thread current on this subject in the Muslim section.

2). The defeated Romans were predicted to defeat within 9 years of their big defeat by the idol worshipping Persians. It happened. Read it from the Quran's Chapter on Rome.

3). The Quran says the Bible is corrupted, and we see the many rewrites, revisions, the editions, each one is different from the others, in every generation, or few generations, from the time the Quran made that prediction. No stoppage to disproof it, by the Christians, by agreeing on a single Bible for all Christians. That will be a good start to try to disproof the Quran. But it will not happen. And it is not my prediction, but a repeat of what Quran says.

4). The Quran says that there will never be a new Messenger, a new Prophet and a new Religion. Even though we may say that the world has not ended, there is no time in human history that you have such a long spell of prophethood! The Torah was given to Moses, and many prophets followed him, up to the Time of Jesus, son of Mary. Then after Jesus it was a mere 610 years before Muhammad (AS)! Its been 1400 years after Muhammad, and its almost 3 times the amount of what occurred between Jesus and Muhammad, and we have not seen a new Religion!

Everyone who calimed prophethood, foolishly have ben Christians, and no one can bring a new idea apart from reawakening an old idea!
Re: Can Muslims Prove That The Koran Was A Result Of Inspiration? by Aremugangan(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2009
@ OP, please check out the following verses;
"0 YOU HIDDEN SECRET * GET UP AND WARN *
AND GLORIFY YOUR LORD * SHED YOUR COVERS *
AVOID FALSEHOOD * DO NOT EXCEED THE LIMITS *
AND PERSEVERE IN SERVING YOUR LORD *
(74:l-7)

Chapter 74 (The Hidden Secret) further states that
some people will declare that Qur'an is human-made

"He reflected and decided * What a miserable decision *
Indeed, what a miserable decision * He looked (at Quran) * Then he frowned and rejected (the Qur'an) * Then he
turned away in arrogance * He said. 'This is enchanting magic * This is human-made.
(74:18-25)

Then we learn that those who decide that Qur'an is human-made will be proven wrong by the NUMBER 19:

"I will commit him to retribution * And what retribution? * Thorough and complete * Obvious to all the
people * On it are NINETEEN."
(74:26-30)

[center]Verse 74:31 gives five objectives for the number 19 :[/center]
(1) a punishment for the disbelievers;
(2) to convince the Jews and Christians that Quran is a
divine scripture;
(3) to strengthen the faith of the believers;
(4) to remove all traces of doubt from the hearts of the
Muslims, Christians, and Jews, regarding the
,authenticity and integrity of Quran; and
(5) to expose the hypocrites and disbelievers; they
remain indifferent, despite overwhelming physical
evidence.

(1) (Reply)

Outrage As LTV Stops Muslim Staff From Newscasting Because Of Hijab / Coping With Pressure / Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo Donates €2,400 To Palestinian Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.