Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

American People Are Pretty Sensible - Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American People Are Pretty Sensible - Obama (572 Views)

Massage To The American People By Anwar Al Aulaqi / Famous Gay Man Makes Shocking Admission About Barack Obama's Sexuality / Does Trump Statement Mean Mr President Is Not Sensible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

American People Are Pretty Sensible - Obama by gists: 10:24am On Mar 31, 2016
Sometimes I wonder why we will be cautious to make similar statement about Nigerians like the one in the topic. A classical example is this frenzzy with the coming US election.

Here is why some US citizens say Mr. Trump should not be the POTUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K0fCJ8Rfz8

Here is why some US citizens say Mr. Trump should be the POTUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlWgT3GedV4

But all these are not so much of concern to me. When president Obama was asked why he thinks Mr. Trump will not be the POTUS, he simply said (and I paraphrase) - because I have faith in American people because they are pretty sensible, and will make a sensible choice in the end.

This means the election will be done in the US and the electorates are Americans. So why are Nigerians (in Nigeria) soooo busy and concerned with who gets to be the next POTUS? Many are so passionate and looking forward to seeing Mr. Trump being the next president while there are about equal number so concerned why he will/should not be. The opinions of 99.99% of these people don’t count. Whether you like it or not, Americans will elect whosoever will best serve their interest irrespective of what you think or feel - Its all about putting Americans first (and rightfully so!)

The irony of it is that in local election here in Nigeria, many of these people will stay at home during election and some did not even register with INEC let alone having PVC. So what on earth is our biz with that election?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obama Dreams Of Opening A T-shirt Shack In Hawaii After He Leaves The Presidency / . / U.S Election Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.