Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire (1625 Views)

Sweet Potato Farming / Chicken Farming Equipment / Pig Farming Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Youngfarmer: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Greetings,

Could you please tell me the daily rate of hire of each of the following;

Potato Planter (attached to tractor)
Potato Harvester (attached to tractor)
Stone Picker (removes stones from the ground)
Tractor 4WD with PTO
Backhoe
Tipper truck or tipping trailer for tractor

I would like to start potato or sweet potato farm with several acres of land.
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by restored2016(m): 6:42am On Apr 01, 2016
Where are the profession ers? Am also waiting for there reply.
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Cutehector(m): 7:34am On Apr 01, 2016
julietcutie:

yes... do u school der too?
used to. Graduated recently tho. Kinda saw ur pic and I tried recalling.. so u still there ryt?
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Julietcutie(f): 11:23am On Apr 01, 2016
Cutehector:
used to. Graduated recently tho. Kinda saw ur pic and I tried recalling.. so u still there ryt?
yea
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Cutehector(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2016
Julietcutie:

yea
Wow dats cool.. could we chat privately if u dnt mind
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Julietcutie(f): 11:40am On Apr 01, 2016
Cutehector:
Wow dats cool.. could we chat privately if u dnt mind
OK on my email
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Cutehector(m): 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
Julietcutie:

OK on my email
follow me bak pls.
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Youngfarmer: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
After overheads I have been informed annual profit is roughly ₦400K per acre for sweet potato, this is a minimum, which increases as the major cost is buying the equipment and land in the first year. I have near 100+ acres virgin land

I want to know the price of hire because you only use the planter and harvester at beginning and end of each growing season respectively. Destoner is used only once but by all commercial farmers.
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by olushowunm(m): 11:14am On Apr 02, 2016
Youngfarmer:
Greetings,

Tractor 4WD with PTO
Backhoe

So you think you will get all these equipments for lease in Nigeria? You are on long thing. Is either you buy yours or use manual labor. Then never think because they said 400k is possible per acre... You will achieves it. It takes strong will and determination.
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by Youngfarmer: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
olushowunm:
So you think you will get all these equipments for lease in Nigeria? You are on long thing. Is either you buy yours or use manual labor. Then never think because they said 400k is possible per acre... You will achieves it. It takes strong will and determination.

I am importing these, I want to hire them out to people for myself. Its not everyday I will use them. I want to know the daily rate that commercial farmer would pay for each of these items. 400k per acre is very achievable if you do everything right, and this doesn't include the money you get from renting the equipment. A friend is upgrading his potato farming equipment in Europe and is willing to sell me the whole set for cheap. Its good for 200 acres workload.
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by olushowunm(m): 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
Youngfarmer:

I am importing these, I want to hire them out to people for myself. Its not everyday I will use them. I want to know the daily rate that commercial farmer would pay for each of these items. 400k per acre is very achievable if you do everything right, and this doesn't include the money you get from renting the equipment. A friend is upgrading his potato farming equipment in Europe and is willing to sell me the whole set for cheap. Its good for 200 acres workload.
So where is your location and when is the equipment coming?
Re: Potato Farming Equipment Costs Hire by olushowunm(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
Youngfarmer:
Greetings,

Tractor 4WD with PTO
Backhoe

For the potato Planter... With your tractor. It should not be more than 8,000 to 10,000/hectare. Harvester too should not be more than 8,000 to 10,000/hectare. People don't normally use Backhoe here but if the need be it should be in the same range as above. Tipping is only useful for you but it should be about 15,000/day. Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable / Help On Feeds To Give 4-weeks Old Broilers. / Chemical Needed At This Stage Of Cucumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.