Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (251855 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by slightlyMad(f): 10:53am On Sep 04, 2012
Please i need help, How much does an IT Manager earn? lets say like a bank.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
^^
As has been severally rehashed on this thread, the industry and not the job determines salary in Nigeria.
An IT Manager in a bank would not necessarily earn more or less than another manager working in, say, Treasury.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by slightlyMad(f): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
so how much?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
slightlyMad: so how much?

Depends on the bank.
Manager grade in banks have a salary range from around 12m to 16m.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Carmall(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
Someone should please talk about building and construction industry.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
we de suffer for dz country oooo sad

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
ronkeD: i use to work for FOUNTAIN TRUST BANK, when i was in Nigeria and my take home was around 68,000 for fresher and now that i work in the UK my salary is, kiss

is what?/
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
SEGUN2003: I would still like someone to tell me "what the hell do you all mean by this 100k naira, 75k naira stuff? . Does 100k naira means 100,000 naira or what?
I have lived in the U.S.A where I worked for more than 5 years earning a graduate salary, so I can tell you it is extremelyb difficult for one to earn $15.ooo,oo there. How much is $500,00 ijn Naira. Would this amount be a good salary in Nigeria. Does an average Nigerian graduated worker earn this or it's a small amount?

how much is a graduate salary in the US/?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Stronger99: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
A good salary is anything that will be enough to cater for ur needs without u going out to borrow.

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by samnegro(m): 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
@toy boy please flash me or drop your numbers 07062889991 i want to know how arik salary scale thanks.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Okanlomo1: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
Please who knows how much a Cabin Crew fresher @ Aero Contractors earns.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
SailorXY: for me a good salary for graduates in Nigeria should be at least upto half of what our lawmakers get on allowances # Period # grin grin grin grin grin grin

Long stories. There is nowhere in the world where people can challenge the money that politicians make. NEVER
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Adeyemilatifat(f): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
A good salary is d one dat can covers feeding,clothing,housing and taking care of his family.they are some business dat are more profitable dan monthly salary.

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by omoleke(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
most paid job are btw 2M to 4M anually.[img][/img]

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
deyjoessy: A good salary is really difficult to determine as this in mine own opinion will depend on individual understanding and economy, in Europe at the moment cleaners get about 1000 to 1300 depend on the company but at graduate level should be around a minimum of 2800 euro depending on the profession i know a guy who is a security guard earning 1800 monthly but don't forget that you earn in hard currency you also spend in hard currency too.

What utter rubbish?

Graduates in Europe make about 2800 euros per month?

Let me calculate that at £1 = 1.15 euros. That is roughly £29K a year as minimum annual income of a fresh graduate in Europe?

Absolute junk.

Even the Big 4 accountancy firms don't pay that to fresh graduates talkless of it being minimum for graduate.

Even the UK graduates don't have that as minimum, talkless of across Europe.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yemmyma: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sagamite:

What utter rubbish?

Let me calculate that at £1 = 1.15 euros. That is roughly £29K a year as minimum annual income of a fresh graduate in Europe?

Absolute junk.

Even the Big 4 accountancy firms don't pay that to fresh graduates talkless of it being minimum for graduate.

Is the U.K the whole of Europe?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Is the U.K the whole of Europe?

You honestly don't know the answer to that or is it me you are suppose to be directing that question to?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yemmyma: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sagamite:

You honestly don't know the answer to that or is it me you are suppose to be directing that question to?

I am asking you because you used the U.K as the benchmark for salaries in Europe, which should not be so.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
yemmy_ma:

I am asking you because you used the U.K as the benchmark for salaries in Europe, which should not be so.

Sagamite:

cheesy grin
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by debosky(m): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sagamite:

Maybe he means you need to earn that as a minimum to claim you have a 'good salary' as a graduate?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
debosky:

Maybe he means you need to earn that as a minimum to claim you have a 'good salary' as a graduate?

Plausible but I doubt it.

yemmy_ma:

So you are telling me what?

People in Europe make more on average than the UK?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yemmyma: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sagamite:

Plausible but I doubt it.

So you are telling me what?

People in Europe make more on average than the UK?

Well depends on how you look at it. Some very strict countries have unions that determine what you earn in a particular field. Be it recent graduate or not. But then, as wage disparity is very big in the U.K. some people have to be at the receiving end of the problem.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Well depends on how you look at it. Some very strict countries have unions that determine what you earn in a particular field. Be it recent graduate or not. But then, as wage disparity is very big in the U.K. some people have to be at the receiving end of the problem.

This still does not prove graduates or even people in Europe on average make more than people in the UK.

It is obvious, and based on your quoted point, that the UK is more capitalist than most European countries, if not even the most capitalist. They practice more free-market economy than command market economy.

One of the key advantages of free-market economies over command economies is they generate more aggregate wealth for the economy and people. Command economies only distribute what is there more equally to ensure the welfare of all but what is there is normally less than what is in free market economies.

Moreover, the UK is one of the top 3 economic giants amongst the 27 EU countries.

So I really don't see how anyone can think average wages of the citizens or graduates in Europe is higher than in the UK.

Hence why I used the UK as a benchmark £29K as minimum is impossible in Europe when it is impossible in the UK.

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yemmyma: 3:59am On Dec 14, 2012
Sagamite:

This still does not prove graduates or even people in Europe on average make more than people in the UK.

It is obvious, and based on your quoted point, that the UK is more capitalist than most European countries, if not even the most capitalist. They practice more free-market economy than command market economy.

One of the key advantages of free-market economies over command economies is they generate more aggregate wealth for the economy and people. Command economies only distribute what is there more equally to ensure the welfare of all but what is there is normally less than what is in free market economies.

Moreover, the UK is one of the top 3 economic giants amongst the 27 EU countries.

So I really don't see how anyone can think average wages of the citizens or graduates in Europe is higher than in the UK.

Hence why I used the UK as a benchmark £29K as minimum is impossible in Europe when it is impossible in the UK.

This argument would have been made easier if we had data to look at. But i'd be surprised if the U.K. is really up there as you have explained looking at the average.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ayobase(m): 7:14am On Dec 14, 2012
otokx: a good salary in nigeria is N7500, that is what our federal government pays graduates in the name of NYSC.

Its N19,700
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
yemmy_ma:

This argument would have been made easier if we had data to look at. But i'd be surprised if the U.K. is really up there as you have explained looking at the average.

You want comparable data?

That is not too hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_minimum_wage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_net_average_wage

Honestly, this is not rocket science. It is very easy to ratiocinate it. I did not even check the salaries before I made the assumption because it is so obvious.

It is like me wasting my time checking if Brazil has one of the highest number of win ratios in the history of Copa America.

There is a reason why all the Poles, Romanians, Lithuaians etc head for the UK.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yemmyma: 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sagamite:

That is not too hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_net_average_wage

Honestly, this is not rocket science. It is very easy to ratiocinate it. I did not even check the salaries before I made the assumption because it is so obvious.

It is like me wasting my time checking if Brazil has one of the highest number of win ratios in the history of Copa America.

Guy, you see some arguments are not easy to end. I will just have to agree with you after all. I too be London boy you know smiley
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by sailor1234: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
Sagamite:

That is not too hard.

Poland, Romania and Lithuania are not the only countries in Europe. From the data you provided, almost all the countries from Western Europe have higher monthly average wage than UK.

Take a look at your data:

Austria: 1873 Euro
Finland: 2321 Euro
France: 2041 Euro
Germany: 2234 Euro
Luxembourg: 3189 Euro
Netherlands: 2591 Euro
Belgium: 1882 Euro
Sweden: 19 596 SEK (2229.82 EUR)
Switzerland: 4 948 CHF (4,095.26 EUR)
UK: 1442 GDP ( 1,771.46 Euro)

When the guy mentioned Europe, I believe he is probably talking about Western Europe/ Scandinavian and not Eastern Europe.
Starting salaries in my profession in UK is: £25,000 - £27,000 while in Norway it is 3 times that amount.

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
sailor1234:

Poland, Romania and Lithuania are not the only countries in Europe. From the data you provided, almost all the countries from Western Europe have higher monthly average wage than UK.

Take a look at your data:

Austria: 1873 Euro
Finland: 2321 Euro
France: 2041 Euro
Germany: 2234 Euro
Luxembourg: 3189 Euro
Netherlands: 2591 Euro
Belgium: 1882 Euro
Sweden: 19 596 SEK (2229.82 EUR)
Switzerland: 4 948 CHF (4,095.26 EUR)
UK: 1442 GDP ( 1,771.46 Euro)

When the guy mentioned Europe, I believe he is probably talking about Western Europe/ Scandinavian and not Eastern Europe.
Starting salaries in my profession in UK is: £25,000 - £27,000 while in Norway it is 3 times that amount.

If someone is talking about Europe, I expect them to be talking at least of EU countries if not the entire europe.

When you look at EU countries, the UK is not 10 out of 27 countries, so I would expect average to be below that of UK.

Not to talk of the term "minimum for graduates".
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by yinka77: 9:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Hello there,

Does anyone have information on contract research organizations in Nigeria? Those are private companies that help pharmaceutical companies to facilitate medical/clinical trials? I will like to know about registration and also names of such companies already functioning. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.