Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

2016 Rio Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2016 Rio Olympics (591 Views)

This Guy's Job Is To Distribute Condoms At The RIO Olympics / Serena Williams Loses To Svitolina At Rio Olympics 2016 / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016 Rio Olympics by ItzTun3chi(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Are Nigerian athletes really preparing for the biggest games of the year?
I am short of answers for this question.I have stumbled upon clips of countries that rack up plenty medals at the games,their secrets; These countries prepare early for the games and are provided with funds and facilities to train by their government which is not so in Nigeria angry angry
I have noticed that sports we exerted domination,we have already lost our grip on them.lets take short distance races for example,we used to rule Africa,but alas! we are not even in top three in africa
I happen to watch the IAAF indoor championship that took place in portland U.S.A;we never won any medal in the races embarrasingly.Countries like Bahamas & Trinidad & Tobago have even over taken us in races
I absolutely think its high time the sport federation wake up and camp these athletes,and give them the necessary training needed so as to avert the disaster of 2012.Its not too late to start
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics by Horus(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qf77s1X1KI

[size=14pt]Nigeria’s Preparation For The Rio 2016 Olympics[/size]

Poor funding, poor administration and fire brigade approach when preparing for major competitions has been identified as some of the factors militating against sports advancement in Nigeria. These were some of the issues that emerged from the discussions of sports experts and former athletes who featured on Good Morning Nigeria to discuss Nigeria’s level of preparedness for the Rio Olympics which is just six weeks away. For five times Olympic Medalist, Mary Onyali and her counterpart Chike Chukwumerije they expressed hope that the dismal performance of Nigerian Athletes in the London 2012 Olympics wouldn’t be repeated.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal-mad Malaysian Couple Get Hitched In Full Gunners-style / Yenagoa Grand Prix In Bayelsa State / See Buhari Comment On Keshi Death Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.