Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) (3139 Views)

TB Joshua Arrives Israel. Deputy Major Of Jerusalem Said This About Him (pics) / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by BodyKiss(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
asalimpo:

How about, i love you son , please dont play with naked wire it will shock you?
son goes around playing with exposed wire, gets electrocuted, loses his arm
son regrets.
Next, what do you say ? Daddy ws the cause.

You buy equipments with warning signs on them.
"Caution : "/"Atchung" etc
electronics, drugs etc. Are those threats? They are warnings. get your warped minds straight.

If you're name is not in the book of life, there's no heaven for you.

As a father, you've failed to live up to your responsibility by not doing anything about the naked wire. Any sane father will get the wire fixed, not wish his child doesn't go there, and cry "I told you so" when something goes bad, and burn them for eternity for disobeying him.

4 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Vick4rill(m): 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
dolphinheart:

So it's the devil that sends one to evalasting Tor ture?
its the devil that devours there?, thought he too will be burning and in pain?
Who created this Tor ture chamber ?

dnt surpport your views that you will be purnished for 10 billion years and more for something you did in 80 years or much less.

you know nothing before God gave you that life, if you misuse it, he will take it back, you will go back to the former state of no life, knowing nothing!
LOL ANOTHER JEHOVA WITNESSES
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
asalimpo:

And you guys keep making up baseless contexts, why should God wish the wire away?
That's not how the system works.
In His domain, Heaven, He has to final say so, but in man's domain (earth) man has the free will do as a he pleases.
You have a model of a how a god should act and all gods who dont fit into your personal model gets rejected. But which model is the right one? they are as many models as they are atheists
at least all atheists would agree with me that they would prefer a God who didn't create hell or devil in the first place.

He would have created a perfect world (a perfect system). If he can't then he isn't perfect afterall, and if he isn't perfect, he can't be God.

You dig?

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dolphinheart(m): 4:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
Vick4rill:
LOL ANOTHER JEHOVA WITNESSES
bet the questions hard to answer abi?
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ifenes(m): 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
kullozone:
I don't understand this your logic ma.Isn't God the one who'll throw those who don't follow him into hell by himself?More like,you disobey your father to hangout with the devil,then your loving father catches and kill the both of you.And who created evil?did the devil just become evil all by himself?so he created something(evil) God didn't create..?

Exactly my thoughts
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by ifenes(m): 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
BodyKiss:

As a father, you've failed to live up to your responsibility by not doing anything about the naked wire. Any sane father will get the wire fixed, not wished his child doesn't go there, and cry I told you so when something goes bad, and burn them for eternity for disobeying him.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by CoolUsername: 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
All these analogies are flawed, God never made direct contact with all his people, rather he over 4,000 contradictory messages through untrustworthy men and then expects you to first believe he exists (with no conclusive evidence), and then choose the right path.

That's a terrible dad.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dazzlingd(m): 4:15pm On May 18, 2016
jamela:
Idris, The devil deceives you with that thought. God didn't create a devil. God created an Angel of Light, Everything God created he saw they were good. Lucifer chose to take the evil path, that wasn't God's decision. You too have a choice. Think about it.
to say everything God created is good is self contradicting, If all he created was good then why do we have evil things like the devil himself, why do we ve parasites and disease causing organisms since God created everytin.

let me ask you, who created hell? is hell good?

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by skeendyke: 7:38pm On May 18, 2016
dazzlingd:

to say everything God created is good is self contradicting, If all he created was good then why do we have evil things like the devil himself, why do we ve parasites and disease causing organisms since God created everytin.

let me ask you, who created hell? is hell good?

When the Bible said "God said let there be...." it was talking about the earth and the things in it where He put man to have dominion over the works of His hands, where He loved to fellowship with man.

Yes, God created hell. He created it for the devil and his angels. That's where they are to spend eternity.

God created man in His image, perfect, but He did not deny man the right to choose or He would have been accused of being unfair and unjust. Man would have been a robot without a soul but having life if he did not excercise his freewill to choose the path he wanted. Being given a will God did not take it back from man. He let man excercise it without interference from Him. This is why He not only placed the Tree of Life in the garden of Eden but also the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil alongside it to give man the opportunity to make a choice between two actions - to choose to obey or disobey Him.

However, God sent His Son to pay the price and suffer the consequences of the sin man committed that man may be saved. God stretched His hand of salvation towards man through Jesus Christ and His hand is stretched still even today. Sadly, it will not be stretched forever. However, you have to choose to accepr or reject His outstretched hands of salvation through the power of choice He gave you.

In effect, God did not make the choice for you to be condemned or saved - you made the choice. In other words, you made the choice to go to hell or spend eternity with God. God has given you everything you need to be saved but you choose to be condemned. If you reject help and become a victim, who will you blame for your destruction? The same God who offered help to you times without number?
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 18, 2016
jamela:
No, that meme is wrong. It should be like this

God: I love you my child

Human: I think I prefer to be on my own

God: Why? I have made a special place for you

Human: No thank you, I'll rather be on my own

God: But child, cut off from me you can do nothing, If you would have nothing with me, you will be at the mercy of the devil. And I want what's best for you, please don't leave me. What would all your brothers and sisters in my kingdom do when I cant bring you home with me because you have refused to come?

Human: Uhm.. I would rather take my chances with the devil, I don't need you, I'll do what I want and I certainly don't need your heaven.

God: No you don't understand, all you have now, this life you have, its my breath. And this ring you wear (which is my covenant with you) protects you from the evil one in the underworld.

Human: You can have your life and your ring back I don't need it.

God: I beg you, do not cut yourself away from me. The evil one would attack you if he finds you without my breath and my convenant ring.

Human: Alright, I'm done talking to you now.. I'm getting away from you. (Takes off the ring, throws it at God's feet and leaves God)

God: Nooo! Child please come back, it's too dangerous, my arms are open to receive you again, I will keep this ring waiting for your return my child. Please return before the evil one steals you from me, if he does, he wont let you back in my arms.

Devil: (Finds vulnerable human without the protective ring) Alas, you have left your savior, no one to save you now. (Devours human in everlasting torture)

i cant laugh but marvel at the level of your delusion

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dazzlingd(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2016
skeendyke:

When the Bible said "God said let there be...." it was talking about the earth and the things in it where He put man to have dominion over the works of His hands, where He loved to fellowship with man.

Yes, God created hell. He created it for the devil and his angels. That's where they are to spend eternity.

God created man in His image, perfect, but He did not deny man the right to choose or He would have been accused of being unfair and unjust. Man would have been a robot without a soul but having life if he did not excercise his freewill to choose the path he wanted. Being given a will God did not take it back from man. He let man excercise it without interference from Him. This is why He not only placed the Tree of Life in the garden of Eden but also the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil alongside it to give man the opportunity to make a choice between two actions - to choose to obey or disobey Him.

However, God sent His Son to pay the price and suffer the consequences of the sin man committed that man may be saved. God stretched His hand of salvation towards man through Jesus Christ and His hand is stretched still even today. Sadly, it will not be stretched forever. However, you have to choose to accepr or reject His outstretched hands of salvation through the power of choice He gave you.

In effect, God did not make the choice for you to be condemned or saved - you made the choice. In other words, you made the choice to go to hell or spend eternity with God. God has given you everything you need to be saved but you choose to be condemned. If you reject help and become a victim, who will you blame for your destruction? The same God who offered help to you times without number?
1. The all knowing God did not see when the serpent walked to tempt Eve. If he did, why didn't he do somtin abt it? or why was he surprised wen he discovered they had sinned.

2. If the all powerful God could create angels and lucifer that were capable of rebellion, then he can't control wat he created, then y wud he even wait for many years for his creatures to make more billions of humans perish befr interfering?

3. Even the all knowing, perfect and all powerful God accepted he made mistake and regretted that if had known he won't ve created man. so he never knew?

ur religious mind wud find a way to defend all these things above, but ur logic, human reasonings and intelligence will ponder over the truths and facts stated above
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dazzlingd(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2016
skeendyke:

the moments u begin to realise that the bible stories were jst Jewish view of the creation jst like many other cultures have theirs, then u will see the reasons behind several contradictions in the bible.
If u cud believe in
1. a talking snake
(snakes use to walk in those days until they were cursed to start crawling to this day)
2. a tower to reach heaven explanation for languages
3. The universe created in six days and about 10,000 years old.
4. A ship that carried all the living creatures of the earth including snails, all varieties of ants, butterflies, cockroaches, etc
5. adam and eve populated asians, whites, blacks
sooo many other things.
If u cud believe this Jewish version, y can't u believe the yoruba or ibo version.
seek knowledge, read books, do researches, human history., science, anthropology, archeology. You were indoctrinated from birth and society to believe wat u defend today, and u chose to remain in that constraint and circle of knowledge. Many ve advanced far beyond the bible stories and discovered more truths and facts, many ve seeked knowledge creating the basis of human development, advancements, discoveries, breakthrough in sciences and technology and some still look up to the sky to pray while others are doing space explorations

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by skeendyke: 10:39pm On May 18, 2016
dazzlingd:

1. The all knowing God did not see when the serpent walked to tempt Eve. If he did, why didn't he do somtin abt it? or why was he surprised wen he discovered they had sinned.

God permitted the serpent to tempt Eve. He already knew what would happen but He had to let Eve make a choice between obeying Him or disobeying Him. He did not give her freewill only to stifle it or keep her from making use of it. If He had interfered, He would have unjustly denied Eve of exercising her power of choice. God will never have that as He is fair and just in all His dealings.

2. If the all powerful God could create angels and lucifer that were capable of rebellion, then he can't control wat he created, then y wud he even wait for many years for his creatures to make more billions of humans perish befr interfering?

Every angel possesses the ability to make a choice. God created sin to give the angels choice to serve Him or rebel against Him. He never denies any of His creation the power to exercise their freewill. You've forgotten that one-third of the angels that sinned were cast out of heaven. What happened to the rest of the angels who did not sin or rebel? Were they not capable of rebellion?

God has permitted the devil and his angels to try mankind as it is necessary that man be tested so that he makes a choice between following God or following the devil.

3. Even the all knowing, perfect and all powerful God accepted he made mistake and regretted that if had known he won't ve created man. so he never knew?

Even before there was anything called Earth or angels, before time was born, God already knew Adam would fall, Eve would listen to the serpent and sin against Him so don't even go there.

ur religious mind wud find a way to defend all these things above, but ur logic, human reasonings and intelligence will ponder over the truths and facts stated above

You have to balance the use of reasoning and intelligence with faith in order to see the Truth. Over dependence on either one is detrimental to the person. Why would God give us reasoning capacity if He did not want us to use it? Again, why would God give every man on earth a measure of faith if He did not want them to exercise their God-given ability of faith?

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by skeendyke: 11:00pm On May 18, 2016
dazzlingd:

the moments u begin to realise that the bible stories were jst Jewish view of the creation jst like many other cultures have theirs, then u will see the reasons behind several contradictions in the bible.
If u cud believe in
1. a talking snake
(snakes use to walk in those days until they were cursed to start crawling to this day)
2. a tower to reach heaven explanation for languages
3. The universe created in six days and about 10,000 years old.
4. A ship that carried all the living creatures of the earth including snails, all varieties of ants, butterflies, cockroaches, etc
5. adam and eve populated asians, whites, blacks
sooo many other things.
If u cud believe this Jewish version, y can't u believe the yoruba or ibo version.
seek knowledge, read books, do researches, human history., science, anthropology, archeology. You were indoctrinated from birth and society to believe wat u defend today, and u chose to remain in that constraint and circle of knowledge. Many ve advanced far beyond the bible stories and discovered more truths and facts, many ve seeked knowledge creating the basis of human development, advancements, discoveries, breakthrough in sciences and technology and some still look up to the sky to pray while others are doing space explorations

The Bible is a fairytale to you but to those who 'know' their God, it is God's love letter to man, His message of comfort, hope, assurance and love for His creation. It is His power unto salvation for those who are saved. The Bible is God's map to His kingdom and His people follow it. Finally, it is much much more than you can ever understand with your finite mind and reasoning.

Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by adetounblessing(f): 11:18pm On May 18, 2016
Take it or leave it he's still God love or hate him he created you and let us all be watchful of serpent seed... If there is no God so how do the world came existence when he forbids us from doing some certain things is for our own God.. He knows it all
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dazzlingd(m): 6:45pm On May 20, 2016
adetounblessing:
Take it or leave it he's still God love or hate him he created you and let us all be watchful of serpent seed... If there is no God so how do the world came existence when he forbids us from doing some certain things is for our own God.. He knows it all
the bible is nothing but the absolute truth. Anything that appears like contradictions should be believed by faith and spiritual eyes, don't ever dare to question anything as it is the devil and his evil angels trying to cause u confusions. Never seek any knowledge outside the bible that contradicts the bible as they are forbidden.

obey these rules and the bible and its fairytales will remain blissful for u till death...but never forget that the truth will stand the test of all scrutiny. The moment u make an attempt to scrutinise some stories in the bible, then u will see it failing the basic tests of truth. Read about human history, from the beginning, ancient artifacts, how the bible was compiled and the sources, read about who that God is and how God was made up and all religious beliefs and I assure u, ur faith shall shake. jst try it. just dare it if you can....
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dazzlingd(m): 6:56pm On May 20, 2016
adetounblessing:
your creator gave u ur brain to think, seek knowledge, explore the works of His creation and develop. Any god that threatens you from thinking is not God. Once upon a time did the people belive God lives in the sky, the earth was flat, but science have explored both space and land for great discoveries you and I enjoy today. Ask ursef dat the heaven and earth which was created in six days and from den till now biblically sud be about 10,000 years or less when it has been proven that the earth is over billions of years old. Think! Ur brain is to think!, solve problems and impact in human advancements and not sit and say somethings are forbidden.

do u know why it was forbidden in the bible for the people to build a tower that reached the sky, becus they believed God lived in the sky above and forbidden to try to see his ways up there, but today, Man has gone beyond that forbidden knowledge, gone to moon and come back and today u enjoy the works of science, discoveries and innovations
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dazzlingd(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2016
skeendyke:

You have to balance the use of reasoning and intelligence with faith in order to see the Truth. Over dependence on either one is detrimental to the person. Why would God give us reasoning capacity if He did not want us to use it? Again, why would God give every man on earth a measure of faith if He did not want them to exercise their God-given ability of faith?
I'm sorry but I must say ur use of reasoning has been completely flawed if at all u actually applied it.
It was stated clearly in the bible, no bending or twisting...God regretted creating man and decided to destroy man with flood" this has no two explanations, no other meaning other than he never knew man would become dat evil meaning he acknowledged his own error. Sorry bro even the gods are not perfect. that is the absolute truth. 7 + 0 will give u 7, it's a fact and absolute truth without debate. so it is as written in the bible, God repented he created mankind. The omniscience and perfect God principle was flawed. I've asked one thousand and one pastors this verse and none has ever gone straight to the answer all looking for one excuse or the other for God. Let's jst be truthful, that verse contradicts the image of God as being perfect and all knowing. simple!!
Remember I said, u myt either defend ur beliefs with ur religious thinking or ur common sense myt still speak to u. I'm not disappointed as u neglected the common sense option

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by Weah96: 3:16am On May 21, 2016
dazzlingd:

I'm sorry but I must say ur use of reasoning has been completely flawed if at all u actually applied it.
It was stated clearly in the bible, no bending or twisting...God regretted creating man and decided to destroy man with flood" this has no two explanations, no other meaning other than he never knew man would become dat evil meaning he acknowledged his own error. Sorry bro even the gods are not perfect. that is the absolute truth. 7 + 0 will give u 7, it's a fact and absolute truth without debate. so it is as written in the bible, God repented he created mankind. The omniscience and perfect God principle was flawed. I've asked one thousand and one pastors this verse and none has ever gone straight to the answer all looking for one excuse or the other for God. Let's jst be truthful, that verse contradicts the image of God as being perfect and all knowing. simple!!
Remember I said, u myt either defend ur beliefs with ur religious thinking or ur common sense myt still speak to u. I'm not disappointed as u neglected the common sense option

The Bible has two things going against it, one is its self contradictory nature. The other is that the claims that it contains are rejected after they are applied to reality.

What you highlight here is an open and shut case of contradiction.
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by adetounblessing(f): 10:37am On May 23, 2016
dazzlingd:

the bible is nothing but the absolute truth. Anything that appears like contradictions should be believed by faith and spiritual eyes, don't ever dare to question anything as it is the devil and his evil angels trying to cause u confusions. Never seek any knowledge outside the bible that contradicts the bible as they are forbidden.

obey these rules and the bible and its fairytales will remain blissful for u till death...but never forget that the truth will stand the test of all scrutiny. The moment u make an attempt to scrutinise some stories in the bible, then u will see it failing the basic tests of truth. Read about human history, from the beginning, ancient artifacts, how the bible was compiled and the sources, read about who that God is and how God was made up and all religious beliefs and I assure u, ur faith shall shake. jst try it. just dare it if you can....
if you know the God you serve nothing will shake being a Christian is just having Christ in you which is holy spirit and those theories are just to build your faith.... I have heard a lot of those theories but it doesn't change anything because I make my bible the absolute
Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by dazzlingd(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2016
adetounblessing:
if you know the God you serve nothing will shake being a Christian is just having Christ in you which is holy spirit and those theories are just to build your faith.... I have heard a lot of those theories but it doesn't change anything because I make my bible the absolute
The bible is the absolute truth, then u sud never be scared of scrutinising it. Therefore, I urge u to do a thorough research with an open mind about the origin of the bible and religion. Read about ancient gods too, zeus, horus, krishna, enki and the rest... read about some histories and cultures, then read a little about your solar system, galaxy and universe.

This is jst a simple task.
u can choose the red pill by seeking knowledge, daring to know the truths and u can either take the blue pill by never attempting to scrutinise for the truths and remain in delusions, remain happy dat way.
The choice is yours....

Re: The Major Reason Why I Became An Atheist (picture ) by adetounblessing(f): 5:38pm On May 26, 2016
dazzlingd:

your creator gave u ur brain to think, seek knowledge, explore the works of His creation and develop. Any god that threatens you from thinking is not God. Once upon a time did the people belive God lives in the sky, the earth was flat, but science have explored both space and land for great discoveries you and I enjoy today. Ask ursef dat the heaven and earth which was created in six days and from den till now biblically sud be about 10,000 years or less when it has been proven that the earth is over billions of years old. Think! Ur brain is to think!, solve problems and impact in human advancements and not sit and say somethings are forbidden.

do u know why it was forbidden in the bible for the people to build a tower that reached the sky, becus they believed God lived in the sky above and forbidden to try to see his ways up there, but today, Man has gone beyond that forbidden knowledge, gone to moon and come back and today u enjoy the works of science, discoveries and innovations
sorry to ask are you a Christian... You you. don't if you reason the word of God... I believe what he says I do as I have said the Bible is my absolute I don't care whatever anybody thinks... And why should believe some believe some confuse set of people.. If there is no God how are we having different theories about how the world came to existence am not saying you shouldn't think there is a place for reasoning...

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Argument For God's Existence / Why Do Catholics Confess Their Sins To Man / Aliens In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.