Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

Do You Believe In Predestination? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Predestination? (517 Views)

Do You Believe That The Ancient Egyptians Descended From The Horn Of Africa? / Do You Believe In Ghost-woman Stunned When She Finds 'ghostly Face Of Her Dead G / Do You Believe In Ghost-woman Stunned When She Finds 'ghostly Face Of Her Dead G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Predestination? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
Predestination , in theology, is the doctrine that all events have been willed by God , usually with reference to the eventual fate of the individual soul.

Somethings happen to us in life which are beyond our comprehension and we are made to understand that "it's the will of God/Allah".

A guy breaks up with a girl and the next thing you hear is that it wasn't meant to be, or you loose a lucrative contract and people console you with "that's not what GOD planned for you," or something like that.

My point of argument now is that since we've read in the Bible/Quran that God has given us free will, in other words we are free to carve out our path, make mistakes, learn from them and move on, is this true?

I've come to realise that it is when most people are faced with unpleasant circumstances that they retort to the thinking of this is not what GOD planned for me!

Now, do you think your being born poor or rich was pre-planned? and your wanting to leave the state you are now to where you want to be, do you think it was pre-written? or is it because of the free will GOD has given to man to create his own opportunity, luck e.t.c?

PS: I am not an atheist

(1) (Reply)

See Why These 14 Yr Old Girl Commits Suicide / I Need Special Rings For Fame, Richness And Influence / Governor Ambode Joins Millions Of Lagosians To Usher In The New Year 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.