Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals (10326 Views)

Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by MadCow1: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
Finally!

It shouldnt be just word of mouth, Somebody should tell Oga Common Sense to use this 'Save lives first Bill' to disvirgin his bill passing virginity in the Senate.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
angryAnd if we are to treat everyone without a deposit, how are we going to run the hospitals? Those of you attacking doctors, will you do any service without a pay, if people are to begin getting free treatment, who will pay? The Nigerian government have no regard for the medical sector. Please ask your government to first cure itself before pointing fingers.

2 Likes

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by zubby55(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
ozodigboo:
Rubbish..
I'm saying this at the risk of being critiscised, because i'm a doctor working in the accident n emergency of a Teaching Hospital.
Its a political statement......he knows the mess on ground but because he's now a political appointee, he's playing to the gallery.
He should do his part first.......how ?
By making primary health care centres functional all over the country.....and telling Booohari to ask state governors to pay their docs well, so as to utilise state hospitals.
You see, tertiary hospital staff are overworked because EVERY SICK PATIENT comes there.....it shouldn't be the case, if other health centres were working.
In the past, its only REFERRED cases that come to Teaching Hospital.....after others have tried to treat but failed.
Now, malaria, typhoid, diarrhea, headache et al all come here.

He said poor people need care without paying....and that patients should vacate emergency ward to make space for others.
To move to the ward, u must pay admission deposit......because u said they are poor, they won't pay....so they remain there blocking space for others.
Or should we also move them to the ward without paying deposit ? ok, no wahala.

How do you determine a poor person ? will u search him ? every every will claim poor.....how will the hospital be run without money ?

Its sad to deny people treatment because of poverty.....but its a cruel world.
you don't get justice if u don't have money.....u can't get a good lawyer
you couldn't get ur money from the bank after 4pm even if u are dying [ before ATM came ]
there's no free lunch anywhere. Healthcare is NOT free in europe and america.....quote me anywhere.

Tell your boss Buhari to invest in healthcare.....where is all the abacha loot money they returned ? Look at the 2016 budget.....health is about 13th on the list.

I dey vex
my brother leave matter for matias u hve said it all.... Am a medical laboratory scientist all the things d minister said can not workout in Nigeria ..jst look at d budget even d state house clinic here in Abj have d higest to compare d whole teaching hospitals in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by 0gbeni(m): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
well, its just a political statement that cannot work in reality.. until our government invest massively in the health sector and we have quality health insurance.. there's no free lunch anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Leopantro: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
With all due respect sir, you have started talking like a politician.
In one breath you said
“We cannot continue to turn poor patients away from the hospitals. The poverty indicator shows that 60 to 70 percent of Nigerians is poor.

In another breath, you said
He lamented poor funding of the health care, saying there was chronic underfunding of the sector

How then do you want the hospital to cater to the poor it must not turn away when it is severely underfunded?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by zubby55(m): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
It can not work in Nigeria here .....
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Lecturebidz(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
hemartins:
Really? Would that be implemented in Nigeria?

Most accident victims are left unattended to in general hospitals until there is a claim on them.

If you don't have money to buy blood, you won't be given blood and you would probably die of shortage of blood.

You need an emergency operation but no money to pay at least half of the bill, OYO is your case.

Nigerians are funny too. After treatment, they would sneak out of the health facility.

This would be a good improvement on the health sector if life is considered before wealth.

Note.
That mtn guy above is a Scam.
This is April, don't be a fool.
Happy New Month NL
Ah swear e dey tire me o,wetin dey pain me pass be say dem go dey say mak people go donate blood.
Please if I may ask,is blood donation free? I have twice donated blood but it was to identified recipients. Just want to know if does hypocrite collect free blood and allow people die.
Am a Pre-Med sha.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
ozodigboo:
Rubbish..
I'm saying this at the risk of being critiscised, because i'm a doctor working in the accident n emergency of a Teaching Hospital.
Its a political statement......he knows the mess on ground but because he's now a political appointee, he's playing to the gallery.
He should do his part first.......how ?
By making primary health care centres functional all over the country.....and telling Booohari to ask state governors to pay their docs well, so as to utilise state hospitals.
You see, tertiary hospital staff are overworked because EVERY SICK PATIENT comes there.....it shouldn't be the case, if other health centres were working.
In the past, its only REFERRED cases that come to Teaching Hospital.....after others have tried to treat but failed.
Now, malaria, typhoid, diarrhea, headache et al all come here.

He said poor people need care without paying....and that patients should vacate emergency ward to make space for others.
To move to the ward, u must pay admission deposit......because u said they are poor, they won't pay....so they remain there blocking space for others.
Or should we also move them to the ward without paying deposit ? ok, no wahala.

How do you determine a poor person ? will u search him ? every every will claim poor.....how will the hospital be run without money ?

Its sad to deny people treatment because of poverty.....but its a cruel world.
you don't get justice if u don't have money.....u can't get a good lawyer
you couldn't get ur money from the bank after 4pm even if u are dying [ before ATM came ]
there's no free lunch anywhere. Healthcare is NOT free in europe and america.....quote me anywhere.

Tell your boss Buhari to invest in healthcare.....where is all the abacha loot money they returned ? Look at the 2016 budget.....health is about 13th on the list.

I dey vex

Mtcheeew, you were making sense until you got to your last paragraph. Very blind and ignorant comparisons. Is health the same as lunch? Is lunch an emergency. In many eatries, don't you get served before you pay?

Where did he mention that healthcare is free anywhere in the world? Read all over again and open your eyes this time; is he talking about free healthcare or treatment of emergencies before enforcing payments?

In Europe and America, don't they treat emergency cases before enforcing payments? Do they leave women in labour or critically injured accident victims to die due to lack of money at that time?

Doctors like you should be ...
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by scolex95(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
Zoharariel:
Honey, this is daddy. Is mommy near the phone?” a voice on the other end answered

“No daddy, she is upstairs in the bedroom with Uncle Paul.” The little girl quipped.

“After a brief pause daddy says “but honey you haven’t got an uncle Paul!”

“Oh yes I do, and he is upstairs in the room with mommy right now.”

Brief pause “uh okay then, this is what I want you to do: “Put the phone down on the table, run upstairs, knock on the bedroom door, and shout to mommy that daddy’s car has just arrived at the gate.”"Ok daddy just a minute…”

A while later the little girl comes back to the phone, “do
“Well, mommy got scared and jumped out of the bed naked, ran round the room screaming, tripped over, and knocked her head on the staircase, now she is not moving at all.” u jst made my day

“What about Uncle Paul?” asked Dad.”He jumped out the window into the swimming pool, but I guess he didn’t know you emptied the water last week. He hit the bottom and I think he’s dead.”

Really long pause this time… Daddy says, “swimming pool, but we don’t have a swimming pool? Is this 486-5731?”

“No, this is. 486-5713.”

Sorry, wrong number…. grin
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Lecturebidz(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
zubby55:
my brother leave matter for matias u hve said it all.... Am a medical laboratory scientist all the things d minister said can not workout in Nigeria ..jst look at d budget even d state house clinic here in Abj have d higest to compare d whole teaching hospitals in Nigeria
Pls Sir is blood donation free?
What of Organ donation? I really need to knw because I really wish to donate blood but i dnt like the instance whence ones blood is sold after donation. As for O.D,dat will be a tin of de future but am positive to it.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by dominique(f): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
Kazrem:

Tertiary hospitals not all hospitals.

All public hospitals has to abide by this and stop turning patients away
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
hemartins:

Most accident victims are left unattended to in general hospitals until there is a claim on them.

If you don't have money to buy blood, you won't be given blood and you would probably die of shortage of blood.

You need an emergency operation but no money to pay at least half of the bill, OYO is your case.

Nigerians are funny too. After treatment, they would sneak out of the health facility.

This would be a good improvement on the health sector if life is considered before wealth.

Note.
Happy New Month NL

Health insurance scheme will solve 70% of this mess
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by rotadeco27: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
We have not even started in this country not to talk of getting there. I work with a state teaching hospital where we are being owned 4mth and 1/3 salary I.e we ave just 'received up to 2/3 of Nov 2015. How do u want people like us to work 100%. That is not enough, our govt is not serious at all ,how many percentage of the budget is for health ? Far less than what it should be (25% IDEALY). Truth be said ;many patients died not because We don't no what to do but most of the time resources are not available . Many occasions , common normal saline , oxygen, instruments are not available. Only God knows how many surgeries were postponed due to non availability of oxygen and the patients eventually packed (died ). Health care provision is beyond coming on air and talk, but more of responsibility of a responsible government.state of many of our teaching hospital Is lamentable and frustrating. Private sectors , on the other hand, have been taught lessons that if they do not collect their money in the phase of the emergency, the hospital can never last!

1 Like

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by lonelydora: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
Good one. Only if they will hear.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by ozodigboo(m): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
sarzy:

Mtcheeew, you were making sense until you got to your last paragraph. Very blind and ignorant comparisons. Is health the same as lunch? Is lunch an emergency. In many eatries, don't you get served before you pay?

Where did he mention that healthcare is free anywhere in the world? Read all over again and open your eyes this time; is he talking about free healthcare or treatment of emergencies before enforcing payments?

In Europe and America, don't they treat emergency cases before enforcing payments? Do they leave women in labour or critically injured accident victims to die due to lack of money at that time?

Doctors like you should be ...
Who's this clown ? i knew one re.tard will come to quote me.
In europe and America, they can treat anyhow before u pay because EVERYONE HAS A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER....u can't run....you will be traced.
Here, after treatment, the person runs....no trace....if everyone starts running, how will the hospital run itself ?
Read the post of ROTADECO27 at 5.59pm on this thread...
Being educated also implies not commenting on something you know next to nothing about. Don't quote me again.

3 Likes

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Kcinho(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
How much fund has he invested in procuring equipments and materials for emergency care in the said hospitals.
I know how many times I've paid for materials used for emergency care cos patients absconded from the kind salary being paid. You must account for every material during your call period in most centres. talk is cheap Mr minister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by SporaD8: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
dominique:
Let's hope the hospitals implement this
Hospitals are most times helpless.
The problem lies with the government and poor funding of our health sector.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2016
ozodigboo:

Who's this clown ? i knew one re.tard will come to quote me.
In europe and America, they can treat anyhow before u pay because EVERYONE HAS A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER....u can't run....you will be traced.
Here, after treatment, the person runs....no trace....if everyone starts running, how will the hospital run itself ?
Read the post of ROTADECO27 at 5.59pm on this thread...
Being educated also implies not commenting on something you know next to nothing about. Don't quote me again.

Quote me and I quote you back fool! Your prior comment made sense until you got to your last paragraph where you made comparisons of free lunch, Europe/America and free health, when the topic on ground has nothing to do with free health. Now you made a valid point about patients running away. Why didn't you suggest Social Security Number for Nigerians or others measures towards curbing the act of fleeing after treatment in your initial comment which I quoted? Instead you misunderstood the prof by talking about free health and free lunch. Greedy fellow!

You should cover your face in shame rather than quoting me 'cos you read the minister's comment without comprehension.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Harwehroh1(f): 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nobody is wicked.... Its nobody's joy to see pple dying. We all av feelings. Tell Buhari to invest in Healthcare. Provide essential drugs..... Den we dnt av any oda choice Dan to administer d drugs... # hope Adewole knows we are still being owed #oyo state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by omogin(f): 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
80% of Nigerian doctors are qoinq to hell for this

#BITTERTRUTH
May your relatives be among them, for pouring out such venom in deep ignorance. Nonsense
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by omogin(f): 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
dominique:

All public hospitals has to abide by this and stop turning patients away
If you don't have what someone came to buy won't you ask the person to go? You want health workers to use their blood to replace all the facilities for treating people. A beg quick train your children make them go work for hospitals
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by omogin(f): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
As long as the scam buhari won't take treatment in Nigeria, hospitals here can manage to be vertenary clinics
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by dominique(f): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
omogin:

If you don't have what someone came to buy won't you ask the person to go? You want health workers to use their blood to replace all the facilities for treating people. A beg quick train your children make them go work for hospitals

I'm talking about emergency cases as stated on the topic. A doctor once nareated how some accident victims were rushed to the government hospital he where works and none of the hospital personnel touched them (victims) because they were not paid for. As a result a lady died. How would you feel if someone close to you was refused basic first aid in an emergency situation because of money?
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by omonnakoda: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nigerians are often deceitful and wicked. Many will attend your hospital to give birth and maybe have a C/S . They would rather have a party (Ikomo) than pay hospital bills if people want emergency services then everyone should contribute to a fund for it though knowing Nigerians I can already see how this fund may be defrauded especially by private hospital. Bottomline even though a hospital is about saving lives it needs money to avoid bankruptcy like every other business. If anything is taken out to be replaced it must be paid for. THAT MONEY MUST COME FROM SOMEWHERE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by DaCharis2016: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
If it neva bcums a law for dem, hardly will they obey.
All after money from victims. They will comply when only defaulters/gulty are sanctioned.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Doubleagent008(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
dominique:
Let's hope the hospitals implement this
You see, it's more complicated than this. the Minister has been infected by the "politician bug". the hospitals are government owned hospitals so the money they request for go into the account of the hospital (government as it may apply). he has said the hospitals should start treating emergency cases without prior request for fund but they government wouldn't send fund to the hospital to run these services. So imagine a patient after treatment says he is poor and can't pay what will the hospital do? virtually nothing. now that that there is social media one online human right activist will start #freethepoorsickman trend and everyone will jump on the bandwagon thinking they are fighting for a poor man.
what the Minister has just done is to play the media a common political tactic. He has now said they should be treating these cases, has he said the government has put measures in place to allow this program to take place.
you know like every office( job) there are hierarchy So the big man at the top of the ladder says do this and he turns around not minding how the job gets done not providing the means So tell me do you think such job will get done or get done well?
Politicians have been playing Nigerians from time past we as a people need to stop jumping at their good gestures and ask "HOW " questions.
I hope this just makes you believe there is more to it than 'Doctors are the ones refusing poor man treatment ' the money doesn't go to the Doctors' pocket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by otokx(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Just back from UPTH

Johesu is on strike and as usual they lock everywhere so the patients are forced to be discharged as the doctors cannot access tools to use.

Many will definitely die today, there was this patient without oxygen meanwhile minister is here talking plenty.

Just visit male surgical ward, UPTH, you will not eat afterwards for days, you will be humbled and troubled then confused and angry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Doubleagent008(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
80% of Nigerian doctors are qoinq to hell for this

#BITTERTRUTH
why so if I may ask?
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by PipSurgeon(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
i obviously cannot start another drama today.. so i will let this pass.. talk is cheap though..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by omogin(f): 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
dominique:

I'm talking about emergency cases as stated on the topic. A doctor once nareated how some accident victims were rushed to the government hospital he where works and none of the hospital personnel touched them (victims) because they were not paid for. As a result a lady died. How would you feel if someone close to you was refused basic first aid in an emergency situation because of money?
Ok, if that hospital had the facilities but refused to care based on no financial deposit, that is wrong. However most hospitals in Nigeria don't have the facilities to render emergency care. What we all must do now is getting govt to ensure all facilities needed to prevent avoidable loss of lives are present in our health institutions. Maybe by putting a law to make politicians travel abroad for healthcare at their own expense and not with tax payers monies
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Doubleagent008(m): 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
hemartins:

Note.
Happy New Month NL
chief I salute you. it's more than one Minister saying all tertiary institutions should start treating Emergency cases without asking for money. so the money for the treatment where will it come from?
Nigerians are interesting people sure not all will have the money but those who have would refuse to pay claiming they don't have.
I have seen funny instances and heard stories sir. You would be sad, cry and laugh if you listen to some of these stories.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Harwehroh1(f): 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
D minister's brain has been politicized indeed.... Once worked with him in his private hospital in IB and I still remember Ow tins were done... D truth is its nt always easy to practice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Healthy Living... / Steps On How To Renew Your 2018 MDCN Licence / International Health NGO's In Africa And Their Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.