Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals (10328 Views)

Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Doubleagent008(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
ifyalways:
I doubt it will be implemented for obvious reasons : the masses would mis-use it aka refuse to pay after treatment. Enforcing health insurance for all is a better option, imo
Yes. I support you health care system should have a self financing system that is self sufficient it's from there that you can start funding "good deeds" have you seen the percentage voted to health sector? and oga Minister is here saying treat Emergency without asking for money first. How are we going to keep the money in the system to at least run itself?
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by PipSurgeon(m): 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
dominique:

I'm talking about emergency cases as stated on the topic. A doctor once nareated how some accident victims were rushed to the government hospital he where works and none of the hospital personnel touched them (victims) because they were not paid for. As a result a lady died. How would you feel if someone close to you was refused basic first aid in an emergency situation because of money?
it will be saddening.. but wait the sentiments ur are trying to elicit here doesnt rule the hospital, logistics does. life is about feed backs.. if ppl end up later paying and not bailing then mayb the gesture might have continued.. sentiment aside, try paying a visit to the ER sometimes.. sometimes you stick your neck out to borrow from the pharmacy, its not as if the thing used lie around freely.. gloove sef na problem sometime and The Hosp. Mgt and Leaders DONT CARE. Maybe a NHIS coverage of all RTA emergency Scheme may help.. but the Stupid law makers are using ppls life to play Ludo.. i give up on Nigeria
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Doubleagent008(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
ozodigboo:

Who's this clown ? i knew one re.tard will come to quote me.
In europe and America, they can treat anyhow before u pay because EVERYONE HAS A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER....u can't run....you will be traced.
Here, after treatment, the person runs....no trace....if everyone starts running, how will the hospital run itself ?
Read the post of ROTADECO27 at 5.59pm on this thread...
Being educated also implies not commenting on something you know next to nothing about. Don't quote me again.
I was going to reply him then I thought why bother he is far behind. Your response is spot on. People need to seek knowledge in this country know how things work and not just attack issues with sheer sentiments that are wrong to start with.
Don't join issues with him if he is not up to speed on the issues what do you stand to gain?
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by jesse19(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nigeria is such a place, may God help us anyway!
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by richiepolymer(m): 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
I really wish they heed to this.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2016
im sure the hospitals while reading this wil b like wat is this old man saying. really the minister has said d obvious but i bet the hospital who do opposite.
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by armadeo(m): 12:16am On Apr 02, 2016
ugnmezi:
im sure the hospitals while reading this wil b like wat is this old man saying. really the minister has said d obvious but i bet the hospital who do opposite.

lets assume the hospitals obey, when people abscond whos gonna pay?

let me tell you in some hospitals when people abscond the staff is made to pay the bills from thier salary.

money thats not enough one clown would now come and deprive you of it

abegi!!!
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by NafMarshal(m): 1:08am On Apr 02, 2016
He doesnt have to tell them that!!!!!...its their job, they swore to an oat undecided
Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by thesicilian: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
80% of Nigerian doctors are qoinq to hell for this

#BITTERTRUTH
who broke your heart?

Nigerian doctors are some of the most hardworking and compassionate sets of people in the world, the problem is you, the masses who like returning evil for good in the name of being crafty.

Once they finish saving your life you turn around and start castigating the very institution you most probably owe your life to

1 Like

Re: Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals by allycat: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
I once gave a patients father money to pay for his child's investigations so we could do an emergency surgery on the child and the man abandoned the child and absconded. At the end of the day we had to cancel the surgery and discharge the child. Maybe somebody somewhere will be cursing me for discharging that child without doing "anything". These are the kind of Nigerians that we deal with on a daily basis. Women who will put a baby under a pile of dirty clothes to smuggle the baby out of the hospital in order to avoid paying for an emergency CS or abandon a relation in hospital without paying a dime and when the patient dies you see the kind of convoy that comes to pick the corpse for burial. Doctor's cannot be the mourner that cries more than the bereaved.Nigerians don't love themselves and have no regards for human life and expect doctors to be saintly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Healthy Living... / Steps On How To Renew Your 2018 MDCN Licence / International Health NGO's In Africa And Their Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.