Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

What Programming Language Will Do This? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Programming Language Will Do This? (1328 Views)

What Programming Languages Are A Waste Of Time To Learn? / Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? / What Programming Language Will Do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Programming Language Will Do This? by Merryt: 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
I'm a novice and I want to take the challenge and do this. But I want to know what programming language to learn. Here's a model of what I want to do with it:

--A website that helps users find what to eat.
--The website will have a database of as many food recipes as possible.
--The food finder tool will bring a food suggestion based on the user's answer to gender, age, mood, diet preference, etc.

Hope you guys get it? So any suggestions?
Re: What Programming Language Will Do This? by maekhel(m): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
PHP, JavaScript, node.js, Python, Rails etc
Re: What Programming Language Will Do This? by gojishi: 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
Merryt:
I'm a novice and I want to take the challenge and do this. But I want to know what programming language to learn. Here's a model of what I want to do with it:

--A website that helps users find what to eat.
--The website will have a database of as many food recipes as possible.
--The food finder tool will bring a food suggestion based on the user's answer to gender, age, mood, diet preference, etc.

Hope you guys get it? So any suggestions?

Hi Bro,

That sounds like an interesting project, it can be quite easily achieved using the following tools.
1. HTML, CSS, jQuery or a clientside javascript framework for the user interface.
2. Node.js and Express.js for the web application server and backend 'run time'. This may also include use of passport.js (for authentication of users), socket.io (for real time updates if desired) or you can skip this and use a service like 'firebase' to consume their APIs while you focus on the frontend.
3. The most flexible database for this sort of project is MongoDB and you can use Mongoose as the ODM.

Reach out if you need more guidance.

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed Urgently On Visual Basic. Experts Please! / How Do I Create Responsive Slider With Javascript / A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.