Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. (1332 Views)

A Forex Trader That Is Also A Programmer Is Needed Urgently / A Good Programmer Is NEEDED / Good Programmer Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Bankoleyemi: 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
Nairalanders, I contracted a programmer I got his contacts from Nairaland here to install and edit a Hyip script for me. We agreed on a certain amount which I paid him. He started the job, but he was very arrogant and not ready to let me tell him exactly how I want the site to look like. He was doing it as if I should be begging him to do that. I bought the host myself, only for him to install a script and edit it, I even bought the script from him. He did not give me the download link till now.

I endured till the end not minding his arrogance. I noticed that the site was not showing a referral link when registered, but it sends email to the new client, I now tell him if he can add the referral link or add a field in the email the new registered member gets that his referral link will look like this (www.thesite.com/?ref=Username). Then add phone number in the room for Personal Information in the registration page, make the site multilingual which we earlier agreed upon. He started calling me names that I should give him $250 to do these. Nairalanders, is it fair?
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by donsheddy1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2020
Bankoleyemi:
Nairalanders, I contracted a programmer I got his contacts from Nairaland here to install and edit a Hyip script for me. We agreed on a certain amount which I paid him. He started the job, but he was very arrogant and not ready to let me tell him exactly how I want the site to look like. He was doing it as if I should be begging him to do that. I bought the host myself, only for him to install a script and edit it, I even bought the script from him. He did not give me the download link till now.

I endured till the end not minding his arrogance. I noticed that the site was not showing a referral link when registered, but it sends email to the new client, I now tell him if he can add the referral link or add a field in the email the new registered member gets that his referral link will look like this (www.thesite.com/?ref=Username). Then add phone number in the room for Personal Information in the registration page, make the site multilingual which we earlier agreed upon. He started calling me names that I should give him $250 to do these. Nairalanders, is it fair?
We're not sure how much you paid and the agreement between you and the said developer until we know this, then we can decide if it's fair or not.

1 Like

Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by havilahconsults: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2020
We sell scripts, develop websites and code to your satisfaction.

www.scriptsarena.com
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by chim14(m): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2020
Maybe na 1 naira you give the guy to do mountain work and e dey vex..lol I know as some naija guys dey price programmers like crayfish.

Most programmers in Nigeria are broke that's y they agree for some kin work if not, they supposed to shout on the client to take his money back.
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Bankoleyemi: 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
I bought the web host myself, just to install a script and do small editing. I paid him 15k at first, he demanded for another 5bit or a particular plug in, then I gave him another. He finished that. I paid him another 15k for a new job, he started that, accepted to make it multilingual as I indicated the site has only one language. He started working, only to come back and tell me he wont make it multilingual again that I will have to pay for it. I gave him more 4k and pointed out few things he need to edit in the former site and the present one, add phone numbers in the registration field. He started demanding $250
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by silento(m): 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
I have worked over on 15 hyip site , cloned , installed script and worked 3 from scratch

If u really have the $250 and know exactly what u needed contact me and I will give u fresh website working with no error but my terms I will set up ur website for you with no errors not to come and be teaching you how to be using every dam function to work with me u also need to be smart , not in the middle of mid u will call me to ask me how to login in to ur web mail when u have password and username
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by donsheddy1(m): 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
Bankoleyemi:
I bought the web host myself, just to install a script and do small editing. I paid him 15k at first, he demanded for another 5bit or a particular plug in, then I gave him another. He finished that. I paid him another 15k for a new job, he started that, accepted to make it multilingual as I indicated the site has only one language. He started working, only to come back and tell me he wont make it multilingual again that I will have to pay for it. I gave him more 4k and pointed out few things he need to edit in the former site and the present one, add phone numbers in the registration field. He started demanding $250
I see where the problem is coming from. You were specific with what you wanted in the first one which was completed. Now you want him to add multilingual functionality and also do a few tweak in the new one for 4k. So where's the milking here?
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Bankoleyemi: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2020
donsheddy1:
I see where the problem is coming from. You were specific with what you wanted in the first one which was completed. Now you want him to add multilingual functionality and also do a few tweak in the new one for 4k. So where's the milking here?
Not that, we both agreed as I chose the template that he will add the multilanguage in it, it is there already, but only English is in highlight. He agreed to do it, only to come back and tell me he wont do it till I pay him. He did nt tell me how much till I gave him 4K. Even the first one, he did not edit it to my taste as I told him small things to edit which he is getting it hard to do.
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by donsheddy1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2020
Bankoleyemi:

Not that, we both agreed as I chose the template that he will add the multilanguage in it, it is there already, but only English is in highlight. He agreed to do it, only to come back and tell me he wont do it till I pay him. He did nt tell me how much till I gave him 4K. Even the first one, he did not edit it to my taste as I told him small things to edit which he is getting it hard to do.
Truth is, get someone else to do the job and then ensure you state everything you want done to the person by creating a to-do list so the developer knows what he's up against before charging for the job. If you feel you can continue with him, then create a list of what you want him to do then ensure he host it on his own server then when you're sure he's done all you requested of him then you can pay him after he has transferred it to your own server.

1 Like

Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Bankoleyemi: 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
donsheddy1:
Truth is, get someone else to do the job and then ensure you state everything you want done to the person by creating a to-do list so the developer knows what he's up against before charging for the job. If you feel you can continue with him, then create a list of what you want him to do then ensure he host it on his own server then when you're sure he's done all you requested of him then you can pay him after he has transferred it to your own server.

You are very much helpful and right on point.
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Bankoleyemi: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
Bankoleyemi:

You are very much helpful and right on point. Thank you
awesomely.
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Standing5(m): 3:02am On Mar 28, 2020
How many language is the multi lingual thing suppose to cover self?
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
Bankoleyemi:

Point the programmer to this post let's hear from him.
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by talk2hb1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
Bankoleyemi:
By Small Editing, can you itemize the editing in this format:
1)update site theme to this color so we can have different look and feel
2)Add Phone number to signup page so we can capture users phone number
3)add so so feature to accomplish so so outcome

We call these users stories in project management, at least if requirement is outlined and the expected result is included then we can measure achievement and that will help reduce talk, talk, talk of someone cheating on someone.
I wish the developer is on this forum to come answer query.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by mcqwerty(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
The thing is both client and programmer have no idea what Agile Software Development is and that is why most software projects fail.

Get a business analyst to determine your requirement and A project manager to manage the project and guide the developer accordingly.

Good luck.
Re: A Programmer Is Actually Milking Me. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
mcqwerty:
The thing is both client and programmer have no idea what Agile Software Development is and that is why most software projects fail.

Get a business analyst to determine your requirement and A project manager to manage the project and guide the developer accordingly.

Good luck.
Mr jqwerty why are you talking like this

(1) (Reply)

Create A Bot For M$n And Win $ / What Programming Language Did You Learn First? / Can It Be Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.