Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ronaldo Gives Up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Gives Up (405 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Gives Harry Kane Go-ahead / Ronaldo Gives Real Madrid List Of Three Players To Buy / Cristiano Ronaldo Gives Real Madrid Condition After Atletico Hat-trick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Gives Up by ayobull112: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2016
http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4078/exclusives/2016/04/01/21896332/ancelotti-can-ronaldo-win-another-ballon-dor The Italian coach is in no doubt that the Portuguese is determined to re-establish himself as the world's best player but he says that his rivals are only getting stronger
EXCLUSIVE
Carlo Ancelotti believes that Cristiano Ronaldo will do his utmost to win another Ballon d'Or but admits that Lionel Messi is likely to make it difficult for the Real Madrid superstar to claim the trophy for a fourth time.
Ronaldo has lifted the game's most prestigious individual honour three times, winning consecutive titles in 2013 and 2014.
However, Messi reclaimed the trophy in January and Ancelotti feels that Ronaldo, 31, will have his work cut out in re-establishing himself as the world's best player, given that his Argentine rival is three years his junior, while Neymar, Luis Suarez and James Rodriguez have also emerged as contenders in recent years.
"I think Ronaldo wants to win another [Ballon d'Or]," the Italian coach told
Goal . "This is a good motivation for him. He will try, I think, to do his best to win again.
"I think it's the same with Messi. It's very difficult to say who is going to win the Ballon d'Or next [between] these two players.
"Maybe it could be Neymar; he has fantastic skill. Could be James Rodriguez, could be Suarez.
"It's very difficult, they're at the top, they still continue to be at the top.
"I'm sure that Ronaldo... will fight to win [the Ballon d'Or] trophy again.
"Of course, he has the most difficult opponent, Messi, but I'm sure he will try to fight to win again."

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona: Was Luis Suarez Lucky Not To Be Sent Off For His Kick On Juanfran? / Nigerian Premier League Review : FC Ifeanyi Ubah Now League Leaders / All Eyes On Leicester City Fc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.