Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:43 PM

Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) (63850 Views)

Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Ada, A Victim Of The Umuahia-Okigwe Road Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by Niseamaka(m): 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
dubemnaija:

come, are you from Nise?

Yep
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by dubemnaija: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
Niseamaka:

Yep

same. from Umuazu
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by somegirl1: 1:07am On Apr 03, 2016
streetzdreamz:
believe it or not,he bears ADA always thought the name was for females only,aint sure of his state though, but am very sure of that name.

I have no doubt that such a person exists but he can't be Igbo. Ada in Igbo means "(first) daughter".
Not everyone east of Benin is Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by lilyheaven: 1:23am On Apr 03, 2016
yet u didn't read from the post, that he is from Benue.
thesicilian:

All the Adas I know are of Igbo extraction. Although they're all female, but you never can tell. Some of the men are quite feminine also, so one can't be too surprised seeing a male 'Ada'
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by azezola(m): 3:52am On Apr 03, 2016
Mental health issues
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by calaohuru(m): 4:47am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:

All the Adas I know are of Igbo extraction. Although they're all female, but you never can tell. Some of the men are quite feminine also, so one can't be too surprised seeing a male 'Ada'

Are u for real?
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by Joshuasbox(m): 5:30am On Apr 03, 2016
Sizwi Bansi is dead.
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by streetzdreamz(m): 5:47am On Apr 03, 2016
somegirl1:

I have no doubt that such a person exists but he can't be Igbo. Ada in Igbo means "(first) daughter".
Not everyone east of Benin is Igbo.
i think you are right, cuz d females i know that goes by that name are the first daughter in their family, i dont understand you people at all,for future references,do u mind listing the factions of states belonging to the igbo tribe?i know we have different ethnic groups in the country, but its tribes is majorly divided into three, people who aint hausa or Yoruba will still tell you they not igbo,so what group do we call them??p.s ignore ethnic roots.
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by Justenim: 6:29am On Apr 03, 2016
it should be nnamdi kanu. check very well.
It's an ironical prophesy of what would happen to him after PMB finish experiments on him...
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by smileysmiley(f): 7:06am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:

Jeez, you're really one hell of a damaged lady. Unfortunately I find it so hard to descend to your level, even as much as I may want to.
I hope you've found love in your life, because it sure looks like you have a lot of emotions bottled up within.
Yh, so now you know shoooooo... shooooooo.... shoooooooo.... And if you decide to "descend to my level", do know that I will be waiting for you Mr descendant... Oya get lost
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by smileysmiley(f): 7:09am On Apr 03, 2016
calaohuru:

Are u for real?
Don't be surprised, thesicilian is a dummy and his stupidity is like MTN (it follows him everywhere he goes)
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by Gordonz07(m): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:

Pls you guys don't need to argue, the name 'Ada', is a masculine name from both the Idomas and Igalas from Benue and Kogi state precisely. It is also a feminine name in the Eastern part of Nigeria. But from the description on his passport, he is from Benue.
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by thesicilian: 11:13am On Apr 03, 2016
smileysmiley:
[s]Yh, so now you know shoooooo... shooooooo.... shoooooooo.... And if you decide to "descend to my level", do know that I will be waiting for you Mr descendant... Oya get lost[/s]
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by claremont(m): 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kelklein:
He appeared to me like someone who wasn't doing bad for himself..

but why did he decide to live such a solitude life?
see where it has led him

I see what my father used to say that 'cohabitation with your better-half makes you live longer'

He has gone somewhere you will still go regardless of your decision to cohabit. He has paid his debt to death, you are still owing yours.
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by Princewell2012(m): 2:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:

Mmmmm, i had a colleagues whose name is Ada, he is Ada Sunday by name. I even confronted him about the name, i told him, in my place it is only women that bears Ada, but he said Ada is the normal name given to a male child, i think somewhere in benue state.
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by TheNigeria: 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
This a call for a decent feedback; relating to a deceased British Nigerian. I have read through 4 pages of comments and there is really only 2 relevant information to help find the deceased roots.
There is time to play and a time to be serious. Please, if you can help one or the other; Get in touch with the OP.
It would be nice to at least give some closure to his family back home, who will be wondering what he was up to.
As per comments on burial and stuff, the UK doesn't deport any corpse. As a matter of fact his family could atleast get some financial reward from his life in the UK.
Ps: Ignorance is not an excuse for making silly and insensitive comments here. Thanks have a great day all!
Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by darlenese(f): 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Niseamaka:

it's standard practice around the globe to be taken back to where you're originally from for your final resting place. It's believed that the deceased soul will never rest in peace unless ferried back and buried where he/she originally hail from.

Really ! Good to know

1 Like

Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by billyG(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2016
Cnt d british bury him,he iz there citizen,they haav exhaust his content & want to send his shell to us.

1 Like

Re: Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) by Konquest: 11:05am On Jul 18, 2021
thesicilian:

grin grin The post above cracked me up. @feminine Ibo men.

The Idomas of Benue State also bear Ada as a female name.

Ada is also the Yoruba name
for a cutlass or machete.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant / Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) / Airpeace Embraer E195-E2 Jet Was On Display At The Dubaiairshow2019(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.