Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

The 10 Categories Of People You Find In A Lagos Bus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The 10 Categories Of People You Find In A Lagos Bus (498 Views)

The Typical Lagos Bus-Stops, On A Monday Morning (PHOTOS) / BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops / Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms Starting From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Categories Of People You Find In A Lagos Bus by orish(f): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
* The sleepers: These set of people can be very obnoxious; sleeping and falling all over you. When you nudge them to behave, they apologize but don't stop. Most of them have passed their bus stops as a result of this syndrome. The conversation for sleepers usually take the form below;
Sleeper: abeg where we dey? (Your village)
Passenger: cms
Sleeper: ah! How we take reach cms? (We fly reach cms) ohhhhh but na costain I dey go na!!!
Like most Nigerians who lack the tenacity to take responsibility for their actions, the sleeper puts the blame on the helpless conductor.
Sleeper: conductor why you no fit call bus stop?.
Meanwhile the conductor has been shouting various bus stops but my dear sleeper was in his village market buying crayfish.

* Fighters: They can fight anyone in the bus. Some have gone as far as slapping a nonuniform army man. But na inside barracks their story dey take shape. These set of people can take off their clothes to boxers or underwear level just to fight the conductor over 10 naira change. If you as a passenger talk for the matter, dem go beat you join.

* Loudspeakers: This humble category is graced with the football/ politics (the Buharians versus the Goodluckians) commentators, the people who can share their life history on top of their voices within seconds of boarding the bus, the loud callers on the phone, etc

* The beggars

* The liars: They would shamelessly tell the individual on the other side of phone that the bus just got to yaba. Meanwhile, the bus is just leaving okoko.

* The preachers: sha no say you go donate offering at the end of the preaching.

* The o..bo....le people: They scream o bo le at every bus stop. When asked of their destination, they would say Ajah meanwhile the bus is just getting to lekki phase 1.

* Space consumers:They are the heavy weight champions; the type some conductors don't like to assist. They can take up a space meant for 3 persons and still expect the remining passangers to squeeze in and everyone is paying the same fair (that is injustice in red suit. It should be pay as you weigh). When you say 'madam abeg adjust', her reply is usually 'no space oh, just manage we go soon come down'. They love sitting with tiny people they can oppress.

* The sellers: to them, the bus is a market place. They usually start with preaching and crown it with 'oga buy this medicine for kankaraka performance..... Madam na the medicine wen go cure your irregular mensuration be dis. Cure your lapalapa today!' Some of them lack the decency to cover their mouths with handkerchief,spraying you with every possible fluid in their mouths.

The cheats: They don't like to pay the bus fair. They always have excuses like 'abeg this place too tight, wait make I come down I no dey run. I no get change oh, na 1000 naira I get etc.

Please share your experience with these set of people found in Lagos buses
Re: The 10 Categories Of People You Find In A Lagos Bus by Kenzico(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
What of Agberos??
Re: The 10 Categories Of People You Find In A Lagos Bus by Itannooluwa(f): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
Kenzico:
What of Agberos??
shey agbero na passenger? #SMH

(1) (Reply)

Arik Airline Suspends Domestic Operation / Aviation Fuel Crisis Grounds Airlines In Nigeria / Undergraduate Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.