Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Aviation Fuel Crisis Grounds Airlines In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Fuel Crisis Grounds Airlines In Nigeria (498 Views)

NNPC Says Airlines Can’t Pay For Aviation Fuel / NNPC Floods Market With Aviation Fuel, Assures Of 40-day Sufficiency Of Petrol / Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aviation Fuel Crisis Grounds Airlines In Nigeria by zik4ever: 11:45am On May 16, 2016
Travellers have been experiencing severe flight disruptions as a result of scarcity of aviation fuel in Nigeria.

Although this has been happening for a while, it got to a head on Sunday when many flights were moved and eventually cancelled, leaving thousands of passengers stranded nationwide.

Some foreign airlines took off ahead of schedule in order to fuel at the neighbouring countries, particularly Ghana.

A stranded passenger told TheCable on Monday morning: “My FirstNation flight from Lagos to Abuja was scheduled for 4pm on Sunday and was cancelled at 7.20pm. It was initially delayed by one hour before the cancellation.

“I had to wait to retrieve my bag, get refund, book hotel, get airport taxi and then check in at the hotel. So I got to the hotel at 9pm.”

TheCable learnt that an Arik flight that was scheduled for 9pm eventually took off midnight.

South African Airways had to cancel its Lagos-Johannesburg flight altogether, while Delta Airlines took off ahead of its Lagos-Atlanta schedule in order to fuel at Accra, Ghana.

All airlines experienced the delay and cancellations.

A senior executive of an oil marketing company told TheCable that the problem would ease as soon as there is forex to import aviation fuel.

“We have been experiencing challenges trying to procure forex to import products. It is a big challenge,” he said.
https://www.thecable.ng/aviation-fuel-crisis-grounds-airlines-nigeria
Re: Aviation Fuel Crisis Grounds Airlines In Nigeria by ojietu: 11:56am On May 16, 2016
Blame this guy from daura

(1) (Reply)

Undergraduate Advise Needed / Need Urgent Answer About Lagos Immigration And The Dubios Ways Of Extortion. / Lastma Official Caused A Severe Accident At Iyana Iba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.