Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum (2177 Views)

Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer / National Association Of Resident Doctors begins Nationwide Strike / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by ChelseaDr(m): 4:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
The National Association of Resident Doctors has held its National executive council meeting. The resident doctors had in the meeting issued a 21 day ultimatum begining from Monday the 4th of April till the 25th of April. Among the resolutions reached at the meeting include but
not limited to issues on unpaid salaries of state university teaching hospitals (SUTHs), full lateral implementation of skipping, outstanding payment of salary/ relativity and other shortfalls. Others include residency Training policy
guidelines, victimization of residents and casualization of residency training (locum) amongst others. The strike at state university teaching hospitals will commence serially at the expiration of the 21days ultimatum beginning from Osun state, then the entire South West a week after Osun with National joining a week after South West. The minimum end point would be that all outstanding salaries/shortfalls/relativity arrears and 100% skipping must be palpated by all federal Teaching Hospitals/FMCs, plus settling of the state university teaching hospital issues.

www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2016/04/national-association-of-resident-doctors-nard-issue-21-day-ultimatum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by divinehand2003(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
Crazy people
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by TheArchangel(f): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
NARD seems to be living in the sky. Gooment don invoke no work no pay...abi I lie.
I hope they won't be made a scapegoat.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by nobilis: 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
divinehand2003:
Crazy people

So they should work without being paid?
Could you please transfer your own salary to them and be going home empty-handed at the end of the month?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by omogin(f): 8:28am On Apr 03, 2016
divinehand2003:
Crazy people
Sorry you couldn't make it.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by omogin(f): 8:31am On Apr 03, 2016
I must not fail to say that the leadership of nard is sooooo lenient to buharis govt cos Na his Fulani brother considering what is been owed to some centres, if Na gej, everywhere for don crumble by now
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by omogin(f): 8:34am On Apr 03, 2016
TheArchangel:
NARD seems to be living in the sky. Gooment don invoke no work no pay...abi I lie.
I hope they won't be made a scapegoat.
Your suggestion is that they should work without getting paid abi? Pull your sentimental glasses and read again.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by otokx(m): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
JOHESU in UNIPORT teaching hospital is already on strike, was there on Friday and watched many people being forcefully discharged unfortunately to their graves.

The politicians including the striking unions keep playing with the health care of the suffering masses.

UPTH is the largest hospital in Rivers State, many of those sick people will just have to go home as the private and other state government hospitals will be unable to absorb them.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by omogin(f): 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
otokx:
JOHESU in UNIPORT teaching hospital is already on strike, was there on Friday and watched many people being forcefully discharged unfortunately to their graves.

The politicians including the striking unions keep playing with the health care of the suffering masses.

UPTH is the largest hospital in Rivers State, many of those sick people will just have to go home as the private and other state government hospitals will be unable to absorb them.

You suggest that unpaid health workers should never go on strike, but should keep working for free forever abi? Nice suggestion.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by TheArchangel(f): 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
omogin:

Your suggestion is that they should work without getting paid abi? Pull your sentimental glasses and read again.
No work and no pay has been invoked. That's what I want to pass across. Our gooment do not care about the strikes and I am not being sentimental. If you strike you won't get paid..
I just don't want them to lose out in the long run.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by omogin(f): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheArchangel:
No work and no pay has been invoked. That's what I want to pass across. Our gooment do not care about the strikes and I am not being sentimental. If you strike you won't get paid..
I just don't want them to lose out in the long run.
Let's see what the daft govt can do with empty threats
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum by marantybaby: 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
observing

(1) (Reply)

This Is How To Cure A Stiff Neck In 20 Seconds / What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? / Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.