Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones (33289 Views)

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money / 6 Alarming Features That Makes Tecno C9 Beat All Other High-end Phones / Why People Still Spend A Lot Of Money On So Called High End Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by cybriz82(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Old men love bitterkola children love ice cream...bet why?
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by nini007(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
gidimasters:
yea, even lesser(4,500), Im enjoying my itel 3 sim phone(java) that has a good fm radio(wireless) can even change ur voice 2 a girls voice, i enjoy my 2go v2.0 on it. it has 3.0m.p camera and 1.2mp front camera...What else do i need in a phone o
radarada
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by gidimasters(m): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
nini007:
radarada
i wont abuse you cos u bear d same name with my last sibling Ninilomo
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Squares: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
the truth is, expensive phones offers better services and some apps are only available on the "big" phone's e.g. fifa2016. using your phone as a remove for multiple devices, easy file share options, facility to read you file on flash drives etc are what they offer. if u only make calls and browse go for cheap phones but if you really need a mobile computer then you 've to pay. by the way NO BUY SAMSUNG OOOO. THEM SCREEN COST DIE AND THE WARRANTY NA FRAUD.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Justycxx(m): 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
Tonyreal49:

Matthew 16:26

What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
Hey, lil man, thats what muslims suppose to do, they drag religion into every single thang. You shouldnt be doing this.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by tunene66: 7:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:
k, my first smartphone was an apple iphone 3g and it was beautiful.

I always asked why people would buy such an expensive phone being as most other phones were cheap and worked fine, but then I saw a demo on the apple page about it opening full web pages and that was it for me.

Nowadays though, all smartphones open web pages, although some more elegantly than others, but all do nonetheless.

So now, years later, I find myself asking again why people would go for expensive devices when other cheaper devices exist that work fine. In this case though, I'm yet to see a compelling reason as I did the last time, cause it seems all phones are smart nowadays.

I just got an innjoo one droid and it has a 13mp cam, 5inch screen, decent resolution (290ppi), 2Gb ram and a fast processor, all for under 30k.

So what am I missing? I know the iphone 6's and Samsung S's of this world probably have a better build quality from glass to back materials and so on, but beyond build quality, what am I missing?

Life is a matter of choice. Eyiwunmi Eyiowunmi
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
By the time you make use my iPhone 6s or Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ for 5minutes, That's when u'ld realise there is a difference between a Phone and a SMARTphone, Don't compare any Samsung, Apple, HTC smartphone to Tecno, Blackberry, iTel, Gionne, Windows phone, Only Samsung, Apple and HTC knows what it takes to be a smartphone.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by SmSolo: 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:

I always asked why people would buy such an expensive phone being as most other phones were cheap

So what am I missing? I know the iphone 6's and Samsung S's of this world probably have a better build quality from glass to back materials and so on, but beyond build quality, what am I missing?

There exist a difference(s) between Batman and Iron man, but they are both super heroes!
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by aspirebig: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
Just like asking where are people buying brand new Rolls Royce cars when a brand new kia can do the same work.

Op, if you have the money, your mentality will change. But if you have the money and your mentality did not change then it becomes an issue of priority.

The high end phone functionalities are just too much, even you will see the difference.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by chiefobdk(m): 12:32am On Apr 04, 2016
kYjelly2:

true! I started a search for my new phone at N12,000, after my old LG had been repaired twice by not so good techies undecided

with N12,000 I got 512mb phones which would be okay to just surf the web, check emails, chat online on popular social media networks...

However, I wanted the security of enough ram, just incase, so I moved my search up to the N16-N21,000 range, but then I had to cover the camera, lol, also just in case.

So again, I moved up my search, to the N21-N30,000 range and that's where I found the innjoo one with a true 13mp camera. The 2gb ram was just an added bonus, but boy, it's breezy. Live wallpapers are so fluid, no glitches at all, just water-like motions, pretty awesome!

...but yeah, you're soo right. If all you want to do it stay connected, surf the web, watch a couple youtube videos, use basic chat apps like facebook, whatsapp(nothing memory heavy like intense games), then the N10,000-N15,000 range is more than all right. Really makes me wonder why the iphone 6 is almost 200,000 if not more. makes me wonder undecided

the difference mainly is the Ram. phones like innjo. wen u get a good ram checker u ll see it is not actually up to the 2 gig ram they claim.

people buy high end phones depending on the usage.
some buy phones because of game. wen u play games on a 4 gig ram phone u will feel the difference wit a 2 gig ram phone. u ll feel the difference wit 1 gig ram.

some applications work better with bigger ram. a lot of things u can do with Ur phone. depending on usage.

if u 're all about chat and camera u cal go for 1 gig ram phone wit good camera..

U may claim Ur injoo wit 13 mp camera is good. but we all kno a 13 mp3 injoo is nowhere near 13 htc picture quality.

those phones are expensive because they wr built wit top notch hardware and improved ui. injoo is a low cost phone.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by immanuelobodo(m): 7:37am On Apr 04, 2016
Simple USSD Code To Block All MTN Unwanted Mobile Adverts On Your SIM
http://getontopc..com.ng/2016/04/simple-ussd-code-to-block-all-mtn.html
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by scachy(m): 10:43am On Apr 04, 2016
gidimasters:
lols why u cum take am personal... i just dy remember dos days na

Lol, me too grin grin
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
MOST PHONE THAT COST MUCH HAVE MOVE FUNCTIONALITY FOR EXAMPLE HTC M9 WHICH WILL BE ABOUT A 160K OR THE IPHONE6 OR 6+
THE PROBLEM IS MOST PEOPLE THAT BUY THIS PHONES DONT EVEN KNO HOW TO USE IT THEY JUST BUY IT FOR SHOW OFF MOST OF THEM USE IT TO MK CALL OR SNAP PIC AND THATS ALL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Data Plan Lasts Longer? / How To Fix Invalid IMEI On All Android Devices / "Itel S15 Pro: For Phone Users Who Take A Lot Of Selfies" (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.