Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Wenger Wants England To Take Wilshere To Euro 2016 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Wants England To Take Wilshere To Euro 2016 (422 Views)

Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" / PICTURES: England And Russia Fans Clashed In France (euro 2016), Turns Bloody. / Euro 2016 Fixtures - Naija Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Wants England To Take Wilshere To Euro 2016 by tonero4urch(m): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Arsene Wenger would love Jack Wilshere to go to Euro 2016 with England as the Arsenal midfielder builds towards his long-awaited comeback.
The 24-year-old is closing in on a return for the Gunners having not played a competitive game this season, after suffering a broken fibula on the eve of the campaign.
England manager Roy Hodgson is a big fan of Wilshere and has hinted he would happily take the 28-cap international to the finals in France – regardless of whether he makes an Arsenal return before the end of the season.
It looks increasingly likely Wilshere will play some part for his club before Hodgson announces his squad on May 12, with Wenger revealing he is now back in full training.
And that promises to open the door fully for Wilshere to be involved with his country, which is something Wenger would not attempt to block.
The Frenchman was unequivocal when answering whether he felt Wilshere would make the squad and if he would welcome his call-up.
“Yes. Yes to both questions. Both answers are yes,” Wenger said.
“You want your players to compete. When you’re a footballer you want to compete at the top level and what is important is that Jack Wilshere, who is frustrated enough, regains confidence.
“It’s very important for his confidence that he can go to the Euros and he can play. It’s also important to have a player of his quality available.”
Speaking in March, Hodgson said he was unworried by Wilshere’s lack of action – his last competitive game for Arsenal came in May’s FA Cup final win over Aston Villa.
“I don’t know why we should be quite as protective as all that,” Hodgson said on March 3 at a UEFA summit in Paris, when asked if he was concerned Wilshere has not played this season.
“Players are either fit to play or not.
“Whether they play 30 games, 40 games, 10 games, 15 games... I don’t understand that.
“For me it’s all about the class of the player. It’s about who is in form and out of form. Even to some extent I have to rely on others’ judgement on that.”

for more visit www.mytotorigist..com

(1) (Reply)

Panama Papers: Barcelona Backs Messi / Get 35+ Odds Everyday / Mourinho, Ranieri To Manage At Old Trafford For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.