Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

7 Ways To Be Fulfilled In Your Musical Career - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 7 Ways To Be Fulfilled In Your Musical Career (545 Views)

Why You May Never Succeed In Your Musical Career / Develop Your Musical Skills And Become A Pro / 7 Ways To Be Fulfilled In Your Musical Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Be Fulfilled In Your Musical Career by Badirukehinde(m): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
7 ways to be fulfilled in your musical career

Many atimes we complain of not getting immense fulfilment in our chosen field or career whatsoever, blaming it on one reason or the other. It's pertinent to know that anything that doesn't bring fulfilment is not worth doing. Here in are 7 ways to be fulfilled in that musical career you so cherish. I decided to write this as many people seek this but seem not to find it. I do hope you enjoy this;

1) ESTABLISH YOUR PARTICULAR FIELD: This is often the first thing that must be done. You can't sow beans and expect to harvest nuts though they are both legumes. The field of music is so wide and open for any sub-field you can ever think of. You must first decide what you want to do; singing, instrumentation, producing, mentorship, vocal coaching etc. This can be determined by where your interest lies in.

2) START WITH SOMETHING NO MATTER HOW SMALL: After you have established the context or particular field you want to venture into, next is to start with something. You may notice that you love singing or have passion for one instrument but don't know how to sing like the songsters you've admired on TV or the professional instrumentalists you've watched or heard play, however, you have to start no matter how shitty it appears. Know that big things are started small.

3) BE COMMITTED TO TAKE RISKS: Music is something that is very tasking and onerous. If you want to succeed musically, you must be ready to endure the pain of rehearsals, singing and vocal tutorials or practices. If it's about learning a particular instrument, it can be very frustrating at the very beginning (novice stage) but you must not give up, keep rehearsing, keep singing even though you have one of the worst voice. Soon it'll be the best on air. *smile* Keep trying out new things.

4) FIND A MUSICAL GROUP OR BAND TO JOIN: Music is something that is people geared, that is, it becomes very much interesting, exciting and revealing with the number of people involved. There are so much musical groups you could join for a start, it could be choir groups, acapella groups, musical bands, group of other instrumentalists and what have you. It does helps as you'll get to meet other people in your field of music or instrument who have a wealth of experience more than you do and can put you through. It also helps you to discover new music cheats via gigs and mashing up. ..mmmmmm

5) GET A MENTOR IN YOUR FIELD: A mentor is not just anyone who does what you do but someone who you can be respobsible to you, someone who want to see you be become better than he/she is in the musical field. A mentor could be your church's musical director, choir cordinator, vocal coach , school music teacher, lecturers of music in higher institutions and what have you. The role of a mentor is that which Jesus palyed upon his disciples, he/she will give you reasons to move on, even in times when you feel like giving up. A mentor is someone You can easily access i.e close by. This is what differentiate a mentor from a role model. For those aiming to hit the highest notes and adlib like anything else, Kim Burrel can be your role model but you need a mentor.

6) BE READY TO FACE DISAPPOINTMENTS: There's a Yoruba proverb that says that the coal pot that wants to eat stew must be ready to get its back grilled hot. LoL. I must confess to you, if you've not faced any form of disappointment from people, colleagues or friends who would never believe in your ability or what you do, then it's not worth doing. You must no matter what not stop because of them, they really need to see you become that musical success they never believed you'll ever become. Imagine a scenario where you are singing and zap the mike is collected from you, it shouldn't stop you from singing the more. In one ocassion, I could remember sometime in my life, I was trying to hit a chord on the keyboard and ooops it was the wrong one or imagine being stucked on a different key signature as a singer different from the one the instrumentation is giving.

7) LET YOUR MUSIC BE GOD DRIVEN: Remember that anything outside God doesn't last long and is devoid of fulfilment. Remember David, our harp player in the bible and how through music he was used by God. You can be used too. You can sing, play the instrument and people will run to Jesus. Never play the instrument without ministering to yourself even before others. Be purpose driven and God inspiring as this is the way to derive fulfillment in your chosen musical career.

These few steps if carried out can mean a lot to your musical career, I do hope this helps. This is just one way I want to reach out to others in my field who I feel may need this. Thanks for reading and don't forget to share.

Written by your brother: Badiru Kehinde #Hub201

You can view his works via google search "About Badiru Kehinde" or visit www.badirukehindewrites.

Connect with him on:
IG@kejibanks™
Twitter@keji_banks

You need him to come and talk,inspire or be your life coach for the day,Contact badirukehinde@gmail.com ..

'It's not about me but you getting inspired by His inspiration'™

Get motivated via www.facebook.com/badirukehindeinspires

(1) (Reply)

Funniest comments you've ever received from your parents on a song you sang / Olamyte After Olamide On Notjustok / This Cover Of "Miracle God" By Frank Edwards Will Definitely Thrill You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.