Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother (1296 Views)

In A Dilemma, Advice Please / L Am In A State Of Dilemma. Advice Please!!! / I Am In A Dilemma. I Don't Want To Be A Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by godswillndu(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2016
my friend is 27yrs and blessed wit musical talent.he plays keyboard n drums n sings too. And dis frnd's dad is a pastor too. He has bin in choir in his dad's church frm his tender age n he has served vry well in all leadership capacities in his dad's church.
now d problem is He has graduated frm skul lastyr n his dad stated it categorically clear dt once hez tru wit higher institution He (his dad) wud no longer tak responsibility of him. n wit dz in mind he sought greener pastures n luckily anoda church needed or requestd his services in wich he wud b paid handsomely. due to pressures to meet his needs he left his dads church n strtd going to dz oda church jst to make ends meet while also waiting for nysc later dz year. Due to dz decision to leave his dads church n being independent it has resulted to conflicts at home.. D parents wants him back at all cost without a guarantee dt his needs wud b met n him on his part dsnt want his needs to b met by his parents considering his age. He wants to meet his needs by himself so as nt to bcom a liability to his parents.
he has tried all he cud to explain dz facts to his parents bt dey gave deaf ears n wants him back to dia church n rytnw he is vry confused.. Anybdy wit similar experience? or a gud advice on hw to go abt dz? cuz its causing him much thoughts n bringing conflicts BTW him n d parents
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Freshboi: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
Your friend is a grade A dunce. If he cannot make decisions for himself, tell him to go back to primary school.

2 Likes

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by jaybee3(m): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
ggggrrrrrrhhhhhhh

Geezzzzz
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by PresVA: 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
This is Nigeria, going to another church while your dad has a church raises eyebrows. . There are other ways he can make ends meet. .

1 Like

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Dyt(f): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
jaybee3:
ggggrrrrrrhhhhhhh

Geezzzzz

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You don't understand abi?
grin grin
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Sparkles003(f): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
He should write his dad a letter or a long text explaining the reason for his decision,then move out of his parent house.

2 Likes

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by jaybee3(m): 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You don't understand abi?
grin grin

I'm telling you. Absolutely no excuse for the gibberish when they don't have character limit restriction on NL.

2 Likes

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by mysticgal(f): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
My dad also says the same thing, fashi that I am a lady, I would have to start fending for myself after my undergraduate programme, and since my dad says so, it means, I would have to look for a job and if the job requires me doing what your friend is doing or about to do(leaving his father's church), then I would do so. Moreover, he(dad) is quite insensitive so I have to also be insensitive .
P. S;my dad knows me so well he won't open his mouth to tell me to stay back, cos e go be back to back taking of his cash, he would wish he never gave birth to me.
Anyway, na church matter be this sha undecided
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by godswillndu(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
all ur opinions thus far has bin amasing n i wud definitely give him to read dem himsef... he wil mak his decisions at last... i do appreciate!
oda opinions are also welcomed
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
Whats the meaning of the gibberish you wrote, Is that even English

4 Likes

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2016
This matter na serious one. When u have parents who still thinks u are a kid. Its normal though but he doesnt have to force his way out from them.

I will however advise he shud b patient pending the time he goes for his NYSC. then from NYSC he gets out and neva comes back to them. by that he would have tactically left his parents for greener pastures. So it wont be like he is a prodigal son as the case may be. Meanwhile while still @ his parents place he can always get some invite as an instrumentalist.

Back then in school as an instrumentalist (Keyboard Player) i do go from churches to churches on weekends depending on invites and make some cool cash for the new week i neva had any problems with my parent on such despite the fact that i play in different denomination of churches. So same can still be applicable.
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Pidggin(f): 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
If at 27 your friend is still being treated like a kid, he should check himself, he caused it.

You need to change the way you write.
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
raumdeuter:
Whats the meaning of the gibberish you wrote, Is that even English

grin. Sometimes when you read the pseudo English some people write, your head will start aching. Very off putting
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
raumdeuter:
Divorce your father grin
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by raumdeuter: 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
fem29:
Divorce your father

You wrote that?
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by godswillndu(m): 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
fem29:

grin. Sometimes when you read the pseudo English some people write, your head will start aching. Very off putting
what exactly is wrong with the English? the shortened word or grammatical errors? can u point them out? am waiting to be corrected
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 05, 2016
Lawd where do I start sad

godswillndu:
my friend is 27yrs and blessed wit musical talent.he plays keyboard n drums n sings too. And dis frnd's dad is a pastor too. He has bin in choir in his dad's church frm his tender age n he has served vry well in all leadership capacities in his dad's church.
now d problem is He has graduated frm skul cry lastyr n his dad stated it categorically clear dt once hez cry tru cry wit higher [/b]institution He (his dad) [b]wud no longer tak responsibility of(be responsible for his upkeep)[b] him. n wit dz in mind he sought greener pastures n luckily anoda church needed or requestd his services in wich(come on wtf undecided)he wud b paid handsomely. due to pressures to meet his needs he left his dads church n strtd going to dz oda church jst to make ends meet while also waiting for nysc later dz year. Due to dz decision to leave his dads church n being independent it has resulted to conflicts at home.. D parents wants him back at all cost without a guarantee dt his needs wud b met n him on his part dsnt want his needs to b met by his parents considering his age. He wants to meet his needs by himself so as nt to bcom a liability to his parents.
he has tried all he cud to explain dz facts to his parents bt dey gave deaf ears n wants him back to dia church n rytnw he is vry confused.. Anybdy wit similar experience? or a gud advice on hw to go abt dz? cuz its causing him much thoughts n bringing conflicts BTW him n d parents

By no means is that an exhaustive breakdown of the errors. Please try to write proper English.although that is not even the worst example of pseudo and incorrect grammar on this nairaland, try to improve your written English, the more you practice writing properly, the better you will get and it will really help you in life.

1 Like

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

You wrote that?

That is your usual response to most issues grin
Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by godswillndu(m): 2:26am On Apr 05, 2016
fem29:
Lawd where do I start sad

By no means is that an exhaustive breakdown of the errors. Please try to write proper English.although that is not even the worst example of pseudo and incorrect grammar on this nairaland, try to improve your written English, the more you practice writing properly, the better you will get and it will really help you in life.
from your comment and my observation,i only noticed that you are not comfortable with the short or abbreviated words i used. .am sorry if you found it very difficult to assimilate and from henceforth i would try to use my words in full and thanks for your advice too!

1 Like

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by GoldenJAT(m): 8:09am On Apr 05, 2016
Some parents are d Devil we always refer 2....they will so frustrate u 2 a breaking point... Bt all in all... MY candid advice is this.. D said dad we r talking abt, made it very clear he won't b responsible financially 4 him again, weda it was a threat or not, ur frnd shud maintain his stands.... We r on a personal race in this world.. That they r our parents doesn't mk Dem immune frm Makin mistakes.. Mk urs and learn frm it.. Continue with d said church in question if ur spirit so desires.

1 Like

Re: In A State Of Dilemma.. Advice A Brother by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2016
What are the needs of a fresh graduate, who hasn't even gone to camp? Are you really sure about the allegations concerning his parents?

Personally, I don't have details about this issue but I will never allow my child sing in a Church or play drum sets for MONEY. There are several other means of earning money with your talents outside the Church.

If the Church cannot raise instrumentalists within its confine, then leave the drum and clap your hands. With or without these fake Christians and instruments, God is still God. These things usually happen in Lagos, Abuja and other cities, they are the reason why some suggest heavy taxes on Churches. Majority, over 95%, of pastors in Lagos will not make heaven - that's if they still believe & talk about heaven/hell (call me a judge, I don't care).

Some of these fake pastors would soon pay Christians to bring in new members (pente-marketing).

(1) (Reply)

Man Beats His Wife, Sends Her Packing From The House For Losing A TV Remote / When You Have A No Nonsense Dad(photo) / More Panic Grips Family Of Missing 4-year-old Girl Who Was Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.