Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,305 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences - Education (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences (245138 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nuel1647:
NDDC Paid me on Friday

Wow! Are you 2015 or 2016 scholar?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by niyogeol(m): 7:54am On Apr 23, 2017
ebixy:

Thanks for your response. I'm scared about this NDDC late payment of scholars and i want to apply to tuition free universities to ease the pressure on myself incase they delay payment.
Don't bother yourself about this. All your attention should be on how you will pass the various stages of the assessment and ultimately become a scholar. Goodluck.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Wazaro1: 9:19am On Apr 24, 2017
Please any idea on when the 2017 NDDC scholarship application will commenced?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 9:52am On Apr 24, 2017
Wazaro1:

I'm afraid NDDC may not give scholarships 2017. My conclusions is drawn from the fact that aptitude test were usually completed around this time of the year. However, there are indications (not too sure) the new management may restructure scholarship award process, to commence by third to last quarter of the year, this will reduce the short time frame scholars do have to process visa & give NDDC some room to make timely payments.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Wazaro1: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2017
Hiccups:

I'm afraid NDDC may not give scholarships 2017. My conclusions is drawn from the fact that aptitude test were usually completed around this time of the year. However, there are indications (not too sure) the new management may restructure scholarship award process, to commence by third to last quarter of the year, this will reduce the short time frame scholars do have to process visa & give NDDC some room to make timely payments.

Thank you so much for your response.
However, I just called the scholarship information desk and was told that all is already on ground for the 2017 nddc scholarship scheme to take off, but should be checking National Dailly newspaper/site and their nddc official website for information on the application commencement date which might likely be before mid May.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
Wazaro1:

Thank you so much for your response.
However, I just called the scholarship information desk and was told that all is already on ground for the 2017 nddc scholarship scheme to take off, but should be checking National Dailly newspaper/site and their nddc official website for information on the application commencement date which might likely be before mid May.

Yeah that's same thing I'm saying, it will be difficult for any scholar to leave for study this year with 2017 Scholarship. Its NDDC tactical way of pushing it to next year, my observation though

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Mayflowa(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nuel1647:
NDDC Paid me on Friday

Really? That is a good news. Were your tuition or living expenses paid or both? We haven't gotten any alert in US
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by believedoitbest: 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
Scholarship opportunities for African students!!
2017 MasterCard Foundation Scholarship For Study At Ashesi University College In Ghana
Apply For Mauritius Government Scholarship For African Students, 2017
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Africans – 2017David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Africans – 2017
Read more opportunities and apply for a lifetime opportunity now.

https://phatkayjobalert..com/?m=1
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by DrFreedom: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=Nuel1647 post=55818854]NDDC Paid me on Friday[/quote

Nuel., im happy for you. Are u a 2015 or 2016 scholar? Pls lemme know. Up U.....
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nuel1647: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hiccups:

Wow! Are you 2015 or 2016 scholar?
2015 that differed to 2016

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by vizy6(f): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2017
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by niyogeol(m): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
NDDC 2017 scholarship is out. Go to www.nddc.gov.ng to apply. Wishing all applicants good luck.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Dneroomero: 9:54am On May 01, 2017
Don't come here to encourage protest. Your "bread" shall be paid when due.

I wrote an article last year (when we were still in the race for the award) about survival in the UK.
Don't think doing menial jobs would suffice. Jobs like; gateman, shop-attendant, boy-boy etc. If you're doing any of these stop right now you're at the losing end.

I hope you were paid 500k into your respective naira accounts? If that is true do this! In Engineering their is alot you could learn. Around your city in the UK their is alot of Tech institutes you can go and get some skills for at least a period of one month or thereabout. Use the 500k to acquire skills and inturn use the skills acquired to gain better part-time employment (the same applies to other disciplines). Use your 500k judiciously, help yourself and don't be stingy, it's your money, biko!

Do something Tech oriented so you wouldn't suffer in the hands of business owners. Don't wait on NDDC stipend, get your own stipend of 15 - 20 pounds per hour, and not 5, 6 pounds per hour. Is that one part-time job? Has NDDC sent you to the UK to do menial jobs?

Please don't instigate any protest or whatsoever, to me it is immaterial. Debunk the idea it is a sin to the government.

New scholarship scheme has begun allow us to concentrate. We ain't gonna protest in Port Harcourt. You've to dance to the beat of the drum, wake up and face the reality. Go and get sustainable skills to help yourselves.

NDDC didn't send sissies out on foreign studies they sent grown up adults who can face any challenge life has. Stop this suicide thing am hearing. Nigerians are not suicidal...

Don't encourage protest.... They know you're out there on studies and when it's set they'll will do the needful and you'll be paid your allowances....

Good day!!!!

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Mote2(m): 11:05am On May 01, 2017
tempest01:

Robert gordon university, Aberdeen...Msc Petroleum production Engineering.

If you thinking of doing same course, you most likely wont be given admission (for experienced folks).....first apply to oil and gas engineering, and then you can transfer.

whats your background?

Hi Tempest am fresh out of school. University of Ibadan Petroleum Engineering and a 2-1. Please am interested i the MSc. Drilling and Well Engineering course at Robert Gordon.. . And need the NDDC Scholarship . ABEG how u take do am?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 1:05pm On May 01, 2017
Dneroomero:
Don't come here to encourage protest. Your "bread" shall be paid when due.

Good day!!!!

I suspect you are working with NDDC, else you won't come here to say what you have no idea about. I am among 2015 scholars. This is over 19 months I've not been paid by NDDC and that is very normal to you.

On 500k issue, do you know I spent over 400k to process my visa to UK? Do you know I spent another 367K for flight ticket to UK? Do you know how much I've borrowed to pay my bills in UK till date? Do you think scholars are just happy protesting up and down?

To put the record straight, at the time former MD Barr. Abia came up with 500k, it was worth nearly £2k and could have taken care of visa processing and flight fares to UK, which was the aim of the amount. Quit trying to make 500K looks like its extra pocket money from NDDC. Currently, I put it to you that amount is not enough for it original purpose.

If you think what those who sent you to type here will have any use, you will realize soon. Summer break is coming and I will personally be at PH for the protest. It will be a sustained protest for days and weeks pending when NDDC pay, protest end #EnoughIsEnough

6 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 1:10pm On May 01, 2017
SCHOLARS Please get ready for the protest. Fight for the desired change now. Do not resist this noble opportunity to Speak up. You are not only protesting for the inhumane treatment but the overall good of the Society. The Protest must be Sustain, they can't bring down our united spirit
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by tempest01(m): 2:16pm On May 01, 2017
Mote2:

Hi Tempest am fresh out of school. University of Ibadan Petroleum Engineering and a 2-1. Please am interested i the MSc. Drilling and Well Engineering course at Robert Gordon.. . And need the NDDC Scholarship . ABEG how u take do am?

Hi...I wasn't on scholarship...applied for, but didn't get the NDDC scholarship. I no been get leg.

It will be hard to get the drilling and well engineering course at RGU without experience. What I did in my case, I started out at the oil and gas engineering program and then switched to petroleum production engineering. You can also do same....just make your first semester result excellent.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Sunnystooth(m): 2:25pm On May 01, 2017
Please anyone... Is it advisable to look for admission in a German school for someone that doesn't have any other source of income to sponsor the Master program without NDDC scholarship?

Also, which German schools do give admission without any of these test of English exams?
Please anyone who has answers to these questions should help me out.

Thanks.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Mote2(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2017
tempest01:

Hi...I wasn't on scholarship...applied for, but didn't get the NDDC scholarship. I no been get leg.

It will be hard to get the drilling and well engineering course at RGU without experience. What I did in my case, I started out at the oil and gas engineering program and then switched to petroleum production engineering. You can also do same....just make your first semester result excellent.
Alright. Thanks a lot for the information.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 4:26pm On May 01, 2017
Sunnystooth:
Please anyone... Is it advisable to look for admission in a German school for someone that doesn't have any other source of income to sponsor the Master program without NDDC scholarship?

Also, which German schools do give admission without any of these test of English exams?
Please anyone who has answers to these questions should help me out.

Thanks.

Some Germany universities gives various scholarships on admissions, from partial tuition waiver to full tuition waiver, which is a big plus. No harm in trying. You can asked more questions here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3052025/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/362#55820694

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 10:08am On May 03, 2017
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 10:10am On May 03, 2017
i know people wey no get any leg but dem get am my dear.
the person smashed the exam & also passed the interview.
Everything na God

Apply again this year!
https://www.nairaland.com/3776835/nddc-2017-postgraduate-scholarship-application#56161423

tempest01:

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 10:11am On May 03, 2017
e don commot na...
https://www.nairaland.com/3776835/nddc-2017-postgraduate-scholarship-application#56161423

Wazaro1:

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by tempest01(m): 10:47am On May 03, 2017
saouri:
i know people wey no get any leg but dem get am my dear.
the person smashed the exam & also passed the interview.
Everything na God

Apply again this year!

I smash exam and interview.

Maybe as MD from state, many self interests was involved.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by EfeKnowledge: 5:31pm On May 03, 2017
pls any clue on nddc scholarship test format
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Emeritusseun(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2017
abeg i need a univ in UK i can apply and be given an offer letter within a week or maxi two weeks. Courses in medicine
thanks
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Riodiao(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2017
niyogeol:
Yes. Ensure you have the admission letter ready before documentation.

Bro, I want to ask usually during the processing of visa, I heard there's a bond of £4000 that been paid. How true is it and if true its d said amount still deducted from the $30,000. I want to apply for a course that's about £12,500 for tution , accomodation -£5000 . I want to be on safe side so the money can go round.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 8:04pm On May 03, 2017
Emeritusseun:
abeg i need a univ in UK i can apply and be given an offer letter within a week or maxi two weeks. Courses in medicine
thanks

I've not processed any Medical related admissions before, but I'll advice you to send mail to any UK university of choice, ask if you can get offer letter within a week or two.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Emeritusseun(m): 10:25pm On May 03, 2017
Hiccups:

I've not processed any Medical related admissions before, but I'll advice you to send mail to any UK university of choice, ask if you can get offer letter within a week or two.

thanks so much....i will do just that!....
@ur moniker......check ur phrenic nerves.....or maybe check up for diaphragmitis....lolzzz
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by niyogeol(m): 6:34am On May 04, 2017
Riodiao:

Bro, I want to ask usually during the processing of visa, I heard there's a bond of £4000 that been paid. How true is it and if true its d said amount still deducted from the $30,000. I want to apply for a course that's about £12,500 for tution , accomodation -£5000 . I want to be on safe side so the money can go round.
I'm not aware of such. What school/country are you looking at?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by reDazey(f): 6:31pm On May 04, 2017
Hello house,
I want to apply for The NDDC scholarship but I have noted the complaints on nonpayment of scholarship funds. Please, should I be truly worried on this account?

Also, I want to apply for a Masters Programme in Computer Science in the UK. I had University of Birmingham and Swansea University in mind. These two schools are expensive though. Please, which schools can you suggest based on tuition and living cost. I read somewhere on this thread that NDDC scholarship is 30000 US dollars, which is approximately 23000 pounds. Moreover, I understand that NDDC has an agreement with certain schools. Should I put these two points into consideration when choosing my schools? I am expecting your answers, please.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Hiccups: 7:11pm On May 04, 2017
reDazey:
Hello house,
I want to apply for The NDDC scholarship but I have noted the complaints on nonpayment of scholarship funds. Please, should I be truly worried on this account?

Please, which schools can you suggest based on tuition and living cost.

You just have to be worried and hope NDDC don't owe you. Again the most important thing is to get the scholarship. What is the range of tuition fee in £, you think will be suitable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (85) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.