Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 (3436 Views)

Runtown Caught With An Infinix Phone / Which Should I Choose Between Infinix Hot 3 Or Tecno L8. / 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by PhonePlanet(m): 5:28am On Apr 05, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-4aIinkGb0r8/Vv6OSWuSNAI/AAAAAAAAQ7k/yA7ozqwoWRgMPyo3iuJCD8QRGtK3LCbGg/s1600/infinix-hot-3-phones.jpg[/img]

Call it the worst successor ever! but if i was using an infinix hot 2 previously, i cant move to hot 3 cos its not worth it at all!!!

how?

1. Software Version
First thing i notice is that Hot 3 is not an android one phone!! can you imagine? this means that while hot 2 is already running android android 6.0 marshmallow, infinix hot 3 runs 5.1 lollipop! yes what is even worse is that hot 2 might receive android N (if you've seen the video of the preview features, you'll love it!) if the final build of N is released within 2 years after hot 2 was released, while hot 3 may never pass 5.1, yes infinix is that dumb....

2. Price
Still on Android one, the partnership helps reduce the price of the phone, so while hot 2 2GB variant went for N20,000 at launch, hot 3 1GB goes for N27,000? yes! OK now lets see if it actually offer better specs

3. Bigger screen and battery
the first thing infinix might want to use to win our hearts is bigger screen and battery...hmm.. a bigger battery is fine but since there is also a bigger screen, it only means you might not notice much difference between the battery life of hot 2 and hot 3, because bigger screen means bigger power needed to power the screen, get? you might only notice the longer battery life if you don't so much use your phone its always in standby mode. and that's so unlike me. plus bigger screen and battery also means a less compact phone plus much heavier phone, and all i need is a phone, not load!!! and we all know infinix love bezels like they got married to it so your pockets might not find hot 3 friendly or even your palm especially coming from hot 2.I'm also not a fan of big phones(with 5-inch as max unless it got some really tiny bezels) therefore infinix is driving customers like me away! its fine! there are hundreds other OEM

4. The Same Screen resolution!
hot 3 shares some of the same specs with hot 2...yes...first is screen resolution! they both have 1280 x 720P what that means is, picture quality on hot 3 is actually lower cos it has a bigger screen, so the PPI(pixel density) of hot 2 is 293.72 PPI while hot 3 is 267.02 PPI which is lower! but you know infinix na, they would always come up with one lie just as they said this for hot 2 and i quote "Infinix Hot 2 has a large 5.0 inch display screen with HD resolution (1280*720P). The color performances and the incredible brightness of this screen make Hot2 a great device for gaming and video experience." and we all that used it know how far....now they said this for hot 3 and i quote "he 5.5-inch screen features full-laminate GFF technology for 1.2mm high precision processing, which prevents glare while minimizing distance between glass and screen for exceptional clarity and vivid picture quality. Coupled with Multi-Touch 5, it is a truly responsive experience." and I'm like, who are they fooling? remember its just a 27k phone. expect nothing fantastic, but they made it sound like it was!

5. The same Processor, Ram and memory and camera
The same 1.3 GHz MediaTek Quad-core processor, the same 1/2GB ram, the same 16GB Rom at a higher price! on paper the performance of both phones are suppose to be equal but no! because hot 3 runs a custom skin unlike hot 2 that runs stock google android the hot 3 might turn out slower! and lagging behind the hot 2 in performance! it also shares the same 8 mega pixel behind camera but i want to believe they would be an improvement in that aspect.

6. From on-screen buttons back to captive buttons
Who does this? only infinix, many mobile users around the world has accepted on-screen buttons more than captive ones, and infinix dare goes from on-screen buttons in hot 2 back to captive buttons in hot 3, infinix really?? undecided

That's all for now(at least till its in the market), if you consider non of this an issue, then you can go ahead to purchase the hot 3 but for me, i can't, ill rather but hot 2, just also as i would rather buy zero 2 than zero 3. infinix is kinda not getting it right this time.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by 4peace(m): 5:40am On Apr 05, 2016
Okay
Brb
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by Warlord3000(m): 6:22am On Apr 05, 2016
In other words.. It's a recycled below par product abi.. Good Kontinuu

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by donshady(m): 7:37am On Apr 05, 2016
All these crappy phones becoming expensive.. Checkout ulephone, meizu xiaomi, cubot ... they are better Chinese phones...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by augster(m): 7:51am On Apr 05, 2016
What‘s this? Well that‘s just your opinion.. Some of your points are wrong.
1. Don‘t compare infinix hot 2 to hot 3... It‘s like comparing huawei nexus 6p to huawei mate 8... Google is responsible for the updates and not infinix.
2. Here‘s where you got it wrong.. You don‘t expect them to sell it for #25,000 when the hot 2 2gb ram variant goes for #27,600. With all the dollar ish.
5. It‘s only the 1gb ram variant of the infinix hot 3 that uses mtk... The 2gb variant uses a 64bit SD 415

1 Like

Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by Yorubago(f): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Trash...
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by Yorubago(f): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Trash...
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by Tobyshegz(m): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2016
OP, you forgot to add the processor and GPU.:
CPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset, Mali-400MP2...
with the rate at which HD games are going, I doubt if this phone can even satisfy gaming passion..
infinix is just filled with craps
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by Nsonaso(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by LILGWANZ(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
The captive buttons alone just puts me off, why the F would they do that undecided. Also id stick to my hot 2 after all it's android one unlike this new crap angry. Since I saw the phone I just dey vex since.. Nice one OP
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by Joeyjones(m): 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
@op what do u mean u prefer infinix zero 2 to 3
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by PhonePlanet(m): 2:21am On Apr 08, 2016
Joeyjones:
@op what do u mean u prefer infinix zero 2 to 3
infinix zero 3 has some actual improvements over zero 2. but sometimes great specs is not everything, great phone is! zero 2 is more compact, lighter, and better looking. all those new features added in zero 3 does not buy me. zero 2 specs is well to do with.
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by emmyw(m): 5:39am On Apr 08, 2016
@OP You are not far from the truth, i don't think i will still order for it, i was even expecting to see 4G but the phone is trash, **walking out of thread*** sad
Re: Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 by osenbarak: 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
donshady:
All these crappy phones becoming expensive.. Checkout ulephone, meizu xiaomi, cubot ... they are better Chinese phones...
abi oooh

(1) (Reply)

Odiegwu! Man Gets Stuck In Friend’s Wife During S3x In Akwa Ibom [watch Video & / Tecno Campaign Going On Live At Etihad Stadium [pics] / For Sale: Redmi 8a 2gb And 32b At 28k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.