Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery (29239 Views)

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by stalyf(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
In the last couple of years we have seen more and more phones made out of different kinds of metal ( mainly aluminium ). One of the main disadvantages to this is the fact that these phones for the most part has non removable batteries.

listed here are the main reasons why you should get a phone with a removable battery.

1. If your phone is frozen.
A lot can be said about the advantages of modern day cell phones, but due to the complexity of the way they work they sometimes freezes. No matter what you do it simply won’t respond. The fastest and easiest fix for this problem is to remove the battery for a second. This way ,when you reenter the battery and boot your phone again it will most likely work like a charm again. If it does not you will most likely have to buy a new phone or have it sent to a service center.

2. Waterdamage.
The first thing you should do if your phone gets wet is to remove the battery. This way you will minimize the chances of your phone being ruined forever. If you can get the battery out before something shorts out you will be on the right track towards saving your phone. The next thing you should so is to put it in a bowl of dry rice for a few days. Through the miracle of osmosis, the rice will “pull” the water out of your phone.

3. Batteries deteriorates.
As your battery charges it slowly deteriorates. After a year or two your battery will most likely have lost much of it’s ability to retain that all important battery juice. If you got a phone with a replaceable battery you could simply buy a new one and replace it quite simply. If your battery is unreachable you will likely have to pay someone a lot of money to have it replaced or even more expensive option, buy a new phone.

4. Emergency battery
Lots of phones has power saving features built into their system. Some phones can actually last for weeks using these features. But it’s going to limit the way you interact with your phone. Most times these power saving modes will have you going without Wi-Fi and lots of other goodies we have come to take for granted. To prevent this from happening you could rather get a spare battery to get you through the day. Having a spare battery on a phone that has a non removable battery is … well useless.

5. Untraceable.
Supposed you would like to get of the grid for whatever reason, and you would like to bring your phone with your. Remove the battery. This way your phone will stop transmitting, due to the lack of power.

http://androidfact.com/why-you-should-buy-an-android-phone-with-a-removable-battery/

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by guydangerous(m): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
1. avoid using your phone more often and reduce the number of applications you run at a time because that is what cause's phone freeze.
2. yes removing your battery from your phone when it falls into the water is the best and surest way to dry off the water easily but not completely unless rice is involved,so both phones have 50 50 chance.
3. battery deterioration can occur on both phones and the only way out is to get a new one,non-removable phone batteries can be loosed to insert a new battery so yeah both phones still share 50 50 chance on these one.
4. instead of carrying two batteries why not buy a power bank or even buy phone with good battery backup.
5. I don't understand it clearly
No offence op am just trying to be opposite today

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by RealAdewole(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
guydangerous:
1. avoid using your phone more often and reduce the number of applications you run at a time because that is what cause's phone freeze.
2. yes removing your battery from your phone when it falls into the water is the best and surest way to dry off the water easily but not completely unless rice is involved,so both phones have 50 50 chance.
3. battery deterioration can occur on both phones and the only way out is to get a new one,non-removable phone batteries can be loosed to insert a new battery so yeah both phones still share 50 50 chance on these one.
4. instead of carrying two batteries why not buy a power bank or even buy phone with good battery backup.
we are on the same side
buy high quality non-removable smartphone u will see that u dnt av to worry about all u listed op

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by guydangerous(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
RealAdewole:
we are on the same side
buy high quality non-removable smartphone u will see that u dnt av to worry about all u listed op
yes I agree

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by mutvy: 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
To me, the third reason is the most important. I later learnt that it is a new strategy deviced by phone manufacturers to force buyers to buy new phone, indirectly boosting their sales and invariably preventing them from running out of business. They (Manufacturers) believe that once your battery has deteriorated, you have no option other than to change it. Another strategy on the way is SIMless phone to prevent robbery and easier identification.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by bongolistik(m): 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
And also see reasons you should start using phones with nonremovable battery

http://highteknology.com/2015/12/phones-with-non-removable-battery.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Kingslanding: 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by SAMBATLAN(m): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
GOOD
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by tooman: 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
see reason why no reasons
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by asumo12: 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Jambsupport(f): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
Do they do that in Nigeria?
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by davedpo(m): 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Issoryt
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Launcher: 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lolz

Reminds me of a friend who use Infinix Hot Note....... His phone froze & you know that phone's battery lasts die, he had to start praying cause the phone was on 93% when it happened. When My guy see say prayer no dey work for that kind thing, he go keep phone for under bed for 2 days.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by emmyw(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Samexdx(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
Android ti take over... Inbuilt battery ti take over jare
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by ceedenis: 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
I got a battery replacement for my Htc. You can actually replace sealed batteries or boost them.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by DeRoyalFranco(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
You are making sense
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
These reasons are not good enough!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Harmored(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jambsupport:
Do they do that in Nigeria?

JAMB SUPPORT?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by trueking: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
My battery is inbuilt, and for months I've had no problems I completely disagree with the O.P

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by emeijeh(m): 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
But who cares?
I have been rocking my Infinix Hot note pro since June last year. The non-removable battery is awesome.
Its one of the best low end android phones ever made.

I ve never regretted getting the device since then.
Happy anniversary to Infinix Hot note Pro!

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by hadura29(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
I am not complaining.. the world is changing. As long as you have a power bank and a fast charging charger, am alright, enjoying my HTC One A9 though.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by joey150(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Its all about choice..most phone manufacturers opt for a non removeable battery so as to make the phone lighter,slimmer and to tweak with the design more.
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by truthspeaks: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Typing....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
u re right OP
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by dabigjoe6(m): 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
mutvy:
To me, the third reason is the most important. I later learnt that it is a new strategy deviced by phone manufacturers to force buyers to buy new phone, indirectly boosting their sales and invariably preventing them from running out of business. They (Manufacturers) believe that once your battery has deteriorated, you have no option other than to change it. Another strategy on the way is SIMless phone to prevent robbery and easier identification.

Its not true, non removeable batteries do not have terminals like the removeable ones which makes it slimmer thats why most manufacturers use it
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by chunis07: 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Valid points except for number 1. If your android phone freezes, simply hold either the volume up or down button with the power button for 3 seconds. This is called a hard reset.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by kushma(m): 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Inbuilt still rocks especially gionee m5
Re: 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery by Samtoby(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
guydangerous:

Thanks Bro.. it's like you read me mind.

I own Infinix Note 2 (unremovable battery) and never for once did I worry about what OP wrote. Everything was built with a backup plan.

I don't have to worry about extra battery cuz my battery will last more than 24 hours, but I still own extra phones if we didn't have electricity till it switch off.

I use the 2GB RAM version which have not for once freeze on me..

All u have to do is buy a great phone if u going for unremovable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Best Phone You Used And Enjoyed So Far? / MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error / 8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.