Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

To Resign Or To Stay Back - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To Resign Or To Stay Back (593 Views)

Stay Back In Nigeria Or Travel To Canada / Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Resign Or To Stay Back by Bakason247(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
I am an employee in a trading company where our salaries were recently reduced by 30% flat across board, The Managing Director Cited the gloomy economic situation of the company as the reason for his action,even though I know that the company is doing pretty well, I have a cash savings of N2.5m and I am planning to resign and start a small business which can sustain me and pay my bills till i get something better.

My current salary is 6 digit even after the slashed, I need frank and matured advice and possibly suggestions on what to do with a cash of N2,500,000.00 that could generate up to N150,000.00 monthly as profit.
Re: To Resign Or To Stay Back by genuineone: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
Stay back and be contented with what you have as your new salary. Even if you resign and start a business that earns you an income of 150k per month, do you know the future of the business?. Above all, manage whatever you have and be contented. God Bless.

1 Like

Re: To Resign Or To Stay Back by sonssyo: 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
I urge u to still stay there, write a business plan that u can monitor without ur presence. After that u plan on how to execute the business plan and then establish the business. Its good to have PLAN B, however you may deploy the use of CCTV camera in that office.Employ good hands and pay them pretty well. After the close of work on daily basis report to ur office before going back to the house.Over the weekend u go their and oversee things urself. U can never be a fulfilled man until u become an Employer of labour.
Re: To Resign Or To Stay Back by Controversialad: 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
What? was that advise meant for losers or what? Nawaooo, people too like success but are afraid to take the risk yet they open their dirty mouth to insult those who have taken the risk and are enjoying the dividend.
Ask Oga Dangote weda he would have preferred his uncle Dantata salary to where is now!
Bro, all is risk, if you want to grow above average, u gat to take the risk mehn

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Business Needs To Go Paperless / Finance Officers At Gulf Treasures Limited / Nigerian Immigration Service 2016 Recruitment -update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.