Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign (46799 Views)

Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian / A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by charles009(m): 9:12am On Jun 07, 2017
Everything you are about to read is 100% real, I will try to make is snappy. It's exactly 4:10am and I still get sleep. Please see below.

I Recently got a top management role in a Nigerian fmcg company. The GMD always show this affection towards me barely few months into the new job and some employees keep asking how i won over an unusually difficult man. I was given a 2010 SUV upon resumption, one week later, he replaced the car with a 2015 SUV. Amazing ain't it?

Now hear this, Between 3am/4am, I slide into this unusual trance, as if someone is slowly whispering to me sleep, sleep, sleep son, I am always conscious of my background while this happens, then My boss appears, opens up a room filled with gold and riches, he says to me, all this will be yours, if only you heed to my request. What is his request, he wants my 11 month old son in exchange.

I shrugged this off initially as a one off, bad day or something, but guess what it has repeated in different scenarios more than 9times in my 3 months on the job.

Last week, I returned from Lagos, very happy, having brokered the biggest deal in the history of the brand, but this happened.
He brought me into a session, called my name and said, for personal reasons, I will relieve you. I was shell shocked, why I asked? Once again he said, it's unfortunate, but i want us to remain friends. He handed over a cheque to me, with my full year consolidated salary and entitlements. I thanked him and left. I Handed in my resignation letter, he accepted it, wished me well and even gave me an excellent recomendation letter, My last salary has since been paid in full.The cheque was personal between us.

I have accepted my situation with two hands and moved on. I refuse to let my head drop.

Till now, I still stare at the cheque every morning, I feel I should just forget about the money and move on. What do you guys think?

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2017
Take away the "Most Loved".. you can help the above poster

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by TipsterK(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:
Everything you are about to read is 100% real, I will try to make is snappy. It's exactly 4:10am and I still get sleep. Please see below.

I Recently got a top management role in a Nigerian fmcg company. The GMD always show this affection towards me barely few months into the new job and some employees keep asking how i won over an unusually difficult man. I was given a 2010 SUV upon resumption, one week later, he replaced the car with a 2015 SUV. Amazing ain't it?

Now hear this, Between 3am/4am, I slide into this unusual trance, as if someone is slowly whispering to me sleep, sleep, sleep son, I am always conscious of my background while this happens, then My boss appears, opens up a room filled with gold and riches, he says to me, all this will be yours, if only you heed to my request. What is his request, he wants my 11 month old son in exchange.

I shrugged this off initially as a one off, bad day or something, but guess what it has repeated in different scenarios more than 9times in my 3 months on the job.

Last week, I returned from Lagos, very happy, having brokered the biggest deal in the history of the brand, but this happened.
He brought me into a session, called my name and said, for personal reasons, I will relieve you. I was shell shocked, why I asked? Once again he said, it's unfortunate, but i want us to remain friends. He handed over a cheque to me, with my full year consolidated salary and entitlements. I thanked him and left. I Handed in my resignation letter, he accepted it, wished me well and even gave me an excellent recomendation letter, My last salary has since been paid in full.The cheque was personal between us.

I have accepted my situation with two hands and moved on. I refuse to let my head drop.

Till now, I still stare at the cheque every morning, I feel I should just forget about the money and move on. What do you guys think?

don't forget about the cash bro...I need just 30percent of it....u might b saving a life should I send my account number?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by dhantey324(m): 10:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Nothing is cast in stone... You got all your benefits, so try and move on no matter how hard it seems.. The loss is on your company not you. You can always get a better deal with the experience you have already!! Manage your benefits well o!!!

21 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Ifeshyne(f): 10:23am On Jun 07, 2017
Speechless, I don't even know what to say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Ademat7(m): 10:24am On Jun 07, 2017
Wow!
This is strong
So,what are u engaged in presently
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Kakamorufu(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2017
If you don't need the cash, I beg you. Send small to me. Make i start my palm oil business. Tnx

30 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by peenk(f): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2017
I'll suggest you take it. Just pray on the cheque and cover it with the blood of Jesus before going to cash it. You're favoured of God. Cos what they do is that when you refuse their requests, they sack you, wreck your life and make sure nothing good comes out of you. The worst would have happened to you. But God's mercy and grace spoke for you and your case was different.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Afonjanightmare(m): 10:37am On Jun 07, 2017

Enelamah Gbenga

GTb

Thanks bro, anticipating your response

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Emeritusseun(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2017
why una dey beg d op for money na...haba, he didnt say he has excesss miney, he just shared his experience, and una turn d trend to beggars' trend...

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by borednhorny: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2017
Your story is somehow. Almost like nollywood. Is there a spiritual undertone? Do you have a son? Is he healthy?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by goldennugget: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by BanevsJoker(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Emeritusseun:
why una dey beg d op for money na...haba, he didnt say he has excesss miney, he just shared his experience, and una turn d trend to beggars' trend...
He is afraid to cash the cheque, so Nairalanders in their kindness offered to take the burden off him. I say kudos to the kindhearted Nairalanders for attempting to be their Brother's Keeper. We still have good people in this country.

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by do4luv14(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
Blood is ticker than water....... That's a fact,

what does he needs ur son for, should be the question to solve, and it first happen as if in a trance hmmm

don't know whether you are a XTAIN or not,
pick ur bible and pray about it, then see ur pastor

12 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Emeritusseun(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
BanevsJoker:

He is afraid to cash the cheque, so Nairalanders in their kindness offered to take the burden off him. I say kudos to the kindhearted Nairalanders for attempting to be their Brother's Keeper. We still have good people in this country.

lol.,...so funny!....make me queue for d last row, make i dey observe

3 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by great2015(f): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
Please fast and pray before spending the money. Do not feel reluctant, it is not yet over, he will try to monitor you spiritually, always be vigilant.

11 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Idydarling(f): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
Lemme book here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by charles009(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
dhantey324:
Nothing is cast in stone... You got all your benefits, so try and move on no matter how hard it seems.. The loss is on your company not you. You can always get a better deal with the experience you have already!! Manage your benefits well o!!!

Thank you..I feel better today..

4 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by charles009(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
peenk:
I'll suggest you take it. Just pray on the cheque and cover it with the blood of Jesus before going to cash it. You're favoured of God. Cos what they do is that when you refuse their requests, they sack you, wreck your life and make sure nothing good comes out of you. The worst would have happened to you. But God's mercy and grace spoke for you and your case was different.

Thank you, in my former place of work, I was already on my way up. Just got tempted to change to something bigger. I feel it's the devil's way of upsetting my career. I give God all the glory...

2 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by ChiefSweetus: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
Once that money enter your account e don be for you oh! Spiritual hook needed to access your life.

Open a new bank account if you want to cash that cheque. Withdraw everything at once, and dash the money out to people in need/charitable causes. Don't spend N1 on any material need. I'm a chief, take my advice.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by obajoey(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
Once that money enter your account e don be for you oh! Spiritual hook needed to access your life.

Open a new bank account if you want to cash that cheque. Withdraw everything at once, and dash the money out to people in need/charitable causes. Don't spend N1 on any material need. I'm a chief, take my advice.

you are so right bro.

That will be his ticket to their world.
He is expecting to see the alert on his phone.
Please hearken to this and be wise.

10 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by pweetiedee(m): 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
Let me hep u to spend the money. Nothing will happen to me.

Seriously,

I feel that man wants something he couldn't get from you, spiritually.

And he just sent u away. Someone will replace u. If it works...and if it doesn't, he will send that one away too.

Congratz

Your head strong.

3 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Csami(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
You should investigate as to why your boss would do such a thing to you.

Ask yourself
1. Is he doing you a favour by letting you go?

2. Is he under pressure by his own boss to let you go?

A man that replaced your 2010 SUV with a 2015 SUV won't just ask for your resignation letter except been pressured by someone or something.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Tastyme: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
Oga, your case is spiritual. It is not ordinary for you to have the same dream or vision recurring. You took it for granted and that was (or should i say is) your undoing. However, for the sake of your child, you need to wake up from your slumber and do something. My suggestion? Simple. Go to a good church. ( I'll recommend The Lord's Chosen at Ijesha). Attend one of their Thursday service. (Deliverance and counselling). You can go with your cheque and lift it up during the prayer session. After that, spend your money! You worked for it. Its your sweat. I tell you this from experience. I'm not a member of the church, it was recommended to me in a similar situation, and i thank God i heeded. Do the same bro, and thank me later.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by charles009(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
Csami:
You should investigate as to why your boss would do such a thing to you.

Ask yourself
1. Is he doing you a favour by letting you go?

2. Is he under pressure by his own boss to let you go?

A man that replaced your 2010 SUV with a 2015 SUV won't just ask for your resignation letter except been pressured by someone or something.

Bro's, he is the boss. He is the group MD.

3 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Csami(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

So you're telling me that your boss does not have a boss! Is he the president of Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Ishilove: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
You are still asking?

Enh don't move on, give your occultist ex-boss your innocent baby so that you can be recalled.

Mscheeew
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Ishilove: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

So who was it? Boss of Cway group or Ayoola Foods?

Ayoola Foods grin

1 Like

Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by dhantey324(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

Thank you..I feel better today..

U r most welcome
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by charles009(m): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ishilove:

So who was it? Boss of Cway group and Ayoola Foods?

Ayoola Foods grin

Lol, nairaland investigator lol...none of them jare
Re: Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign by Ishilove: 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
charles009:

Lol, nairaland investigator lol...none of them jare
Hokay smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos) / Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.