Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question (926 Views)

Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by Purerealist: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
If hell is real and once you die you get judged, then why is it that every person that died and resurrected in the bible (including Jesus) never mentioned hell or claimed that they were burning in hell?

1 Like

Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by Purerealist: 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
To make this easier, let me mention their names for you,

Dorcas

Lazarus

The 12 year old Jesus woke from the dead

The dead man Jesus woke up when he was about to be buried

The little boy Elijah resurrected

And finally Jesus Christ himself.

None of them mentioned hell fire, NONE!
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by HardMirror(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
Purerealist:

Dorcas

Lazarus

Non mentioned heaven either.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by HardMirror(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
Purerealist:

Dorcas

Lazarus

None mentioned heaven either.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by efficiencie(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
nobody said immediately after death is judgement...the time frame between death and judgement is not specified but it is certain that it is APPOINTED unto man to die once and after that death judgement! For your information, Jesus went toHell, the lower regions of the earth (Eph 4:9) to declare the saints free (Matt 27:52)...Hell is real and has compartments! A part of it burns (Matt5:22), a part is filled with darkness (2Peter2:24), a part was the waiting place of the saints before Christ's resurrection (luke16:22) and another is the kingdom of demons (Matt16:18)!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
Purerealist:
If hell is real and once you die you get judged, then why is it that every person that died and resurrected in the bible (including Jesus) never mentioned hell or claimed that they were burning in hell?

The demons that spoke to Christ in His day referred to a "torment" which should be a better description of hell.

Matthew 8:29 |
And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Which torment has not begun.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by Princewell2012(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Op, it depends on your understanding of hell.

First and foremost you need to understand the meaning of hell in Hebrew language, afteall the bible was originally written in Hebrew language, and that will enlighten your understanding.

Now to start with, hell is not a fire, Hell can be translated literally as a grave, sheol, deep, or lands of the death.

It is not an oven or a place burning with fire.

Whenever you die the first place you go is hell, which means land of the death. Igbo called alandemuo. Which means land of the death.

Jesus has been there before, Lazarus, and those people you mentioned have also been there and some of them are still there up to this moment including Abraham and Job.

I can tell you categorically that Satan are not even in hell right now. You can read the book of Job 1 and 2, he moves up and down opon the earth,.... that's how it will remain until the day he will be finally judge, and he will be destroyed with fire because he was made with fire, and man will return to dust because he was made with dust.

Read the book of genesis 3;19. In the sweat of thy face shall thou eat bread , till thou return unto the ground; dust thou are, and to dust thou shall returned.

Do you understand the scenario now ?

But the good news is, those who believe in Jesus will be resurrected on the last day and shall be with him in Heaven or paradise forever. Whichever way you like to call it, they are just the same. Thats the good news that Jesus brought into the world.

Lots of Christians don.t seems to understand GOOD NEWS, stand for and that's why alots of people are speaking ill about God.

Op, because you demanded for the truth and that's why i told you the truth and this truth you may not hear it anywhere.

Search the bible again if your a Christian and this time ask the Holyspirt to help you.

It is either you make heaven and live forever or you will be cut off, destroy and never exist again.

God destroy the noah generation with water he may decides to destroy this very one with fire. All these are right there in the bible he said as it was in the days of noah so shall it be to this wicked and adulterous generation.

And when something or someone is destroyed do they exist again
Stay blessed.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by Purerealist: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
efficiencie:
nobody said immediately after death is judgement...the time frame between death and judgement is not specified but it is certain that it is APPOINTED unto man to die once and after that death judgement! For your information, Jesus went toHell, the lower regions of the earth (Eph 4:9) to declare the saints free (Matt 27:52)...Hell is real and has compartments! A part of it burns (Matt5:22), a part is filled with darkness (2Peter2:24), a part was the waiting place of the saints before Christ's resurrection (luke16:22) and another is the kingdom of demons (Matt16:18)!

If that is true then everyone that witnessed hell in a near death experience where they were judged and later were pardoned and came back to life were proofs that judement comes later? Or those that claimed they saw people burning in hell were just blabbing right since judgement doesn't come immediately, and dont forget the death of the rich man in the bible that begged for a drop of water, i'm sure he wasnt judged immediately. Please study your bible thoroughly and dont just cherrypick the parts you want us to hear.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by analice107: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
efficiencie:
Thank you Brethren. U answered.
@OP, when I saw your thread I thought you had a hard question. This is your question?
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by analice107: 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
Princewell2012:
Op, it depends on your understanding of hell.

First and foremost you need to understand the meaning of hell in Hebrew language, afteall the bible was originally written in Hebrew language, and that will enlighten your understanding.

Now to start with, hell is not a fire, Hell can be translated literally as a grave, sheol, deep, or lands of the death.

It is not an oven or a place burning with fire.

Whenever you die the first place you go is hell, which means land of the death. Igbo called alandemuo. Which means land of the death.

Jesus has been there before, Lazarus, and those people you mentioned have also been there and some of them are still there up to this moment including Abraham and Job.

I can tell you categorically that Satan are not even in hell right now. You can read the book of Job 1 and 2, he moves up and down opon the earth,.... that's how it will remain until the day he will be finally judge, and he will be destroyed with fire because he was made with fire, and man will return to dust because he was made with dust.

Read the book of genesis 3;19. In the sweat of thy face shall thou eat bread , till thou return unto the ground; dust thou are, and to dust thou shall returned.

Do you understand the scenario now ?

But the good news is, those who believe in Jesus will be resurrected on the last day and shall be with him in Heaven or paradise forever. Whichever way you like to call it, they are just the same. Thats the good news that Jesus brought into the world.

Lots of Christians don.t seems to understand GOOD NEWS, stand for and that's why alots of people are speaking ill about God.

Op, because you demanded for the truth and that's why i told you the truth and this truth you may not hear it anywhere.

Search the bible again if your a Christian and this time ask the Holyspirt to help you.

It is either you make heaven and live forever or you will be cut off, destroy and never exist again.

God destroy the noah generation with water he may decides to destroy this very one with fire. All these are right there in the bible he said as it was in the days of noah so shall it be to this wicked and adulterous generation.

And when something or someone is destroyed do they exist again
Stay blessed.

Sir, there's a Hellfire, where worms don't die. Where there's torment. Day and night for ever. Except u want to call Jesus a liar
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by asalimpo(m): 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
Purerealist:

Dorcas

Lazarus

op, heaven doesnt exist because no one them mentioned heaven too.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by asalimpo(m): 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
Purerealist:

Dorcas

Lazarus

op, heaven doesnt exist because none of them mentioned heaven too.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by asalimpo(m): 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Purerealist:

If that is true then everyone that witnessed hell in a near death experience where they were judged and later were pardoned and came back to life were proofs that judement comes later? Or those that claimed they saw people burning in hell were just blabbing right since judgement doesn't come immediately, and dont forget the death of the rich man in the bible that begged for a drop of water, i'm sure he wasnt judged immediately. Please study your bible thoroughly and dont just cherrypick the parts you want us to hear.
When you die , you go to either heaven or hell.
But the judgement, has'nt come yet - where the books will be opened and all the deeds your committed in your life will be used to judge you (Revelations 20).
Much as the judgement of the saints (and their reward) has'nt come to them at death but they are in heaven, so the judgement of sinners/lost hasnt come yet they're in the place of torment.
that's one way to look at it-the great white throne judgement hasnt taken place.
Another way to look at it is , that judgement occurs immediately after death-
as the passage says.
You die a sinner, you go to hell, condemned. You start reaping the fruits of your sin , in torment in hell.
You die a saint, you go to heaven, start reaping/enjoying the fruit of your salvation: your mansions etc
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by God2man(m): 10:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
There is nothing anybody can do about it.

Forever O. Lord thy word is forever in heaven.

Heaven is real.

Hell is real.

Believe it now.

God2man.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by God2man(m): 10:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
There is nothing anybody can do about it.

Forever O. Lord thy word is settle forever in heaven.

Heaven is real.

Hell is real.

Believe it now.

God2man.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by Princewell2012(m): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2016
analice107:

Sir, there's a Hellfire, where worms don't die. Where there's torment. Day and night for ever. Except u want to call Jesus a liar

you see, bible is the world of God, no doubt about it, but you have to remember it was written and compile by man, that's where contraction get into it, the only one am hundred percent sure is correct is the ten commandment, why ? It was written with the finger of God himself.

You see the reason why we kept quiet in forum like this when unbeliever is trying to criticize the bible is not to encourage them, but in our closet we know that something has gone wrong somewhere. Any enemy has sowed an evil seed among the good one while men slept,
but it has to take the grace of the Holyspirit to Separate them,

that's why today someone will come from somewhere and quote and interpret the bible the way it suit them.

Jehovah's witness have found out what am saying, and have decided to arange it on their ways and am not even a member of Jehovah's witness.

We have more than hundreds denominations and and each denomination has their own doctrines and they all have bible verses to support them, you knows what am talking about.

Some churches, their women don.t believe in wearing trousers, earnings, and paints their lips, they believe it is a serious sin before God.
While some churches does all those things and they also has a bible passages that supported it, and their pastors allowed it, what do you say to that?

Some churches allowed alcohol, while some believe it is a serious sin. I have been to a church where a popular church i attended, after the service the pastor of the church announced that there is birthday ceremony, at one of their apartment, i went there with them, i was shocked to discovered that they served all kind of alcoholic drinks. What do you say to that? and the list is endless.

My sister, why am i going this far, the truth is, the bible has been manipulated, some people have add and remove some of the texts, even when the bible warned that nobody should add or remove. But we must live with it.

For example, apostle Paul gave a commandemt that a woman must not preach or teach in all churches of the saint, it is right there in the bible, some churches accepted the doctrine, atleast i have been in such a church before and there are others outside there, but our women and some churches never comply with that gospel. Yet the man who wrote it, wrotes almost all the whole book in the new testament.

Pyping...

Now do you know that all the disciples of Jesus wrote something on the account of Jesus, except Judas, who was replaced by mathiar, yet mathiar wrote a book concerning Jesus, how many of those book do you see today?

Why do they selected them, add some and remove some? Is it God that instructed them to do so? Do you know why

Even the old testament, do you think most of those prophet did not write a book? Why were they not included in the bible?

Or are you saying their words are not inspired by God

Hence 2 timothy 3;16 says all scriptures are inspired by God.

You see, these are one thousands and one question we supposed to be asking, if you truly want to take it by the letters. And if you also want to know the truth.

Bible is inspired by God, but compiled by men, therefore you should expect imperfection in it. And that's why there are lots of aguements and disagreement here and there.

Man is an imperfect being, therefore are bound to make mistake.

The only thing God made with his hands is the creation of the world and everything was done perfectly and handsomely. Otherwise the world would have collapsed for quiet a long time. Even science will not say they are perfect.

I don.t supposed to post these on this platform, but i just have to do it. For one or two reasons.

Now the whole truth is this, you needs the Holyspirit as a believer in your life, for the purpose of discernment, you will be able to know the truth and the false, you will be able to discerned a true man of God from a fake one, from a fake prophet, and a false teaching from a pupit.

It will also help you to know more about those sins which a believer disregarded which are not written in the bible, but they are a sin before God, that's why the bible says he who has the spirit of God is more than the law. Yes it is so because you re just like Christ. And that's why the pharisees always has issue with him.

Jesus only emphasis about the kingdom of heaven, that's was his main massage, he gave so many parable about the kingdom of heaven, and that's the only reason why he came to the earth, and i will go back with him whenever he comes back. And any body who believes their is a place called hellfire where people will burn forever with fire should be prepared to go there thatsall.

But my Jesus came that he might give people an abundant life, who will live forever. John 10;10.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by efficiencie(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
Purerealist:

If that is true then everyone that witnessed hell in a near death experience where they were judged and later were pardoned and came back to life were proofs that judement comes later?

Purerealist:
Or those that claimed they saw people burning in hell were just blabbing right since judgement doesn't come immediately, and dont forget the death of the rich man in the bible that begged for a drop of water, i'm sure he wasnt judged immediately.

Purerealist:

Please study your bible thoroughly and dont just cherrypick the parts you want us to hear.

sir i mean no offense but i believe you understand English language. Is a person that is near death actually dead? You should know that God often has mercy on some so that they can go back and warn the world - he has mercy on whom he'll be merciful to (Exodus33:19). A sinner who dies at his appointed time will await judgment in Hell if he finds no mercy in God's sight but a man that got mercy from God has his appointed date of death postponed - much like King Hezekiah (2Kings20:5-6).

Hell is not a place of judgment it is a waiting place for the damned awaiting judgment. The judgment the scriptures talk about is the white throne judgment which will take place at the end of time and punishment for the damned will commence in the lake of fire and not hell fire (Rev 20:11-15).These are two different places. The rich man in Hell is awaiting judgment, the white throne judgment, and Lazarus then wasn't in Heaven he was in Abraham's bosom which is a compartment of Hell as shown earlier (Luke16:22, Ephesians4:9, 1Peter3:18-19).

I'v been a student of Christian eschatology and i by the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit have been able to piece together the bits and pieces of the end...so do your study as well and do it well!
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by analice107: 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
Princewell2012:

you see, bible is the world of God, no doubt about it, but you have to remember it was written and compile by man, that's where contraction get into it, the only one am hundred percent sure is correct is the ten commandment, why ? It was written with the finger of God himself.

You see the reason why we kept quiet in forum like this when unbeliever is trying to criticize the bible is not to encourage them, but in our closet we know that something has gone wrong somewhere. Any enemy has sowed an evil seed among the good one while men slept,
but it has to take the grace of the Holyspirit to Separate them,

that's why today someone will come from somewhere and quote and interpret the bible the way it suit them.

Jehovah's witness have found out what am saying, and have decided to arange it on their ways and am not even a member of Jehovah's witness.

We have more than hundreds denominations and and each denomination has their own doctrines and they all have bible verses to support them, you knows what am talking about.

Some churches, their women don.t believe in wearing trousers, earnings, and paints their lips, they believe it is a serious sin before God.
While some churches does all those things and they also has a bible passages that supported it, and their pastors allowed it, what do you say to that?

Some churches allowed alcohol, while some believe it is a serious sin. I have been to a church where a popular church i attended, after the service the pastor of the church announced that there is birthday ceremony, at one of their apartment, i went there with them, i was shocked to discovered that they served all kind of alcoholic drinks. What do you say to that? and the list is endless.

My sister, why am i going this far, the truth is, the bible has been manipulated, some people have add and remove some of the texts, even when the bible warned that nobody should add or remove. But we must live with it.

For example, apostle Paul gave a commandemt that a woman must not preach or teach in all churches of the saint, it is right there in the bible, some churches accepted the doctrine, atleast i have been in such a church before and there are others outside there, but our women and some churches never comply with that gospel. Yet the man who wrote it, wrotes almost all the whole book in the new testament.

Pyping...

Now do you know that all the disciples of Jesus wrote something on the account of Jesus, except Judas, who was replaced by mathiar, yet mathiar wrote a book concerning Jesus, how many of those book do you see today?

Why do they selected them, add some and remove some? Is it God that instructed them to do so? Do you know why

Even the old testament, do you think most of those prophet did not write a book? Why were they not included in the bible?

Or are you saying their words are not inspired by God

Hence 2 timothy 3;16 says all scriptures are inspired by God.

You see, these are one thousands and one question we supposed to be asking, if you truly want to take it by the letters. And if you also want to know the truth.

Bible is inspired by God, but compiled by men, therefore you should expect imperfection in it. And that's why there are lots of aguements and disagreement here and there.

Man is an imperfect being, therefore are bound to make mistake.

The only thing God made with his hands is the creation of the world and everything was done perfectly and handsomely. Otherwise the world would have collapsed for quiet a long time. Even science will not say they are perfect.

I don.t supposed to post these on this platform, but i just have to do it. For one or two reasons.

Now the whole truth is this, you needs the Holyspirit as a believer in your life, for the purpose of discernment, you will be able to know the truth and the false, you will be able to discerned a true man of God from a fake one, from a fake prophet, and a false teaching from a pupit.

It will also help you to know more about those sins which a believer disregarded which are not written in the bible, but they are a sin before God, that's why the bible says he who has the spirit of God is more than the law. Yes it is so because you re just like Christ. And that's why the pharisees always has issue with him.

Jesus only emphasis about the kingdom of heaven, that's was his main massage, he gave so many parable about the kingdom of heaven, and that's the only reason why he came to the earth, and i will go back with him whenever he comes back. And any body who believes their is a place called hellfire where people will burn forever with fire should be prepared to go there thatsall.

But my Jesus came that he might give people an abundant life, who will live forever. John 10;10.
It will be a total waste of time explains things to you. If you will say the word of God is manipulated, then what the point of me wasting time here. Believe what you like.
Re: I Need A Devoted Christian To Answer This Serious Question by Joagbaje(m): 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
Purerealist:

Judgement is not immediately

(1) (Reply)

"Oh Look! I Was In A Church And Did Not Burst Into Flames"- Nigerian Transgender / Are All Muslims Really Not Terrorists? / My Pre-rapture Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.