Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) (38173 Views)

Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree / Doctors Remove Nails, Pens, Spoon From Stomach Of Woman With Medical Conditon / ‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by omanifrank(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Omanifranklin.com blog users just sent in this now..

Dear Omanifranklin

My aim of writing is because I want you to help call on the necessary authorities to carry a mentally derailed in my area that's in Ajibode, University of Ibadan extension, Ibadan.
The lady is called Victoria and she is presently behind the primary health care centre there. She used to be very active and industrious, she picks empty bottles and goes to Ojoo market to sell.

Was even told she has kids and husband but nobody knows where they are.
I had an encounter one day, I was buying pepper from a woman, and the woman needed some change, she approached her, and she helped changed the money into lower denominations.

she left the area sometime,but when she came she became very sick.
I saw her on my way back from work yesterday close to the road where she could easily be killed by a vehicle, but everyone just looked with pity and left.

So with the help of some ladies we were able to carry her from the roadside and put her behind the maternity centre, bought food for her and paracetamol. of course she muttered some words saying " E sanu mi, ara n ro mi" Have mercy on me I am in pain. she even requested for mirinda which she was given, she sat up took the drug and drank the mirinda.

This morning i went there to give her food, but what I say was something else. I spoke with a nurse and she told me she conducted a test on her last week and she is HIV positive, was told she stole fish, was beaten to a pulp that was why her condition worsened. Since 2008 that i have lived in the area she has never stolen, she makes money, buy raw food and cooks by herself. so if she stole it must have been because of her health issues probably she was hungry.

She used to stay in that dirty place with refuse before now.

kindly help call the necessary authority to do something about her.

find attached her pictures.

http://www.omanifranklin.com/2016/04/shocking-photos-woman-with-hiv.html

5 Shares

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by juniorportland(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
what a pity!!........in more civilised countries.... she Wld HV been cleared of the streets

juniorportland!!!!

FTC.... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Zehner(f): 1:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmmmm......I never thought I would join the people saying this but.....

Nigeria is indeed a zoo!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by dominique(f): 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
It could have been her family that dumped her there to prevent spending more on her ailment. The most religious sets of people in the world indeed.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Chuukwudi(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
That woman is an inch away from a corpse.

Click 'like' if you think mercy killing is justifiable in this case & if the reverse is the case, share.

5 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by allanphash7(m): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
nigeria and so many nigeria is cursed

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by benedictnsi(m): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Chai.... I think she just lost hope that's why the virus is eating her up.... Also, people around her refuse to show her love (ostracized her)

The fact is that, one can still be healthy even with HIV I believe........ May God help her doh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by jasperwilliams: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
I thought the era of stigmatisation was damn over......annyway...I blame Buhari for this!!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Ramanto(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
Zehner:

Nigeria is indeed a zoo!

Would You Have Helped Her In Any Way?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
NIGERIA is now a NOTIFIABLE DISEASE..
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by wescoboy: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
Please complete the Good Samaritan work that you started on her. She can be treated free of charge at UCH. HIV/AIDS drugs are free in all government hospitals. Pls dont let her die. God will reward you.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lord, have mercy
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Akshow: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
K
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by ireneony(f): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is sad. What are the government doing to provide for the mentally derailed peeps? .
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by charsobodo(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Too bad, hope help comes soon...
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by goodmanyes: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Who can help,? O! Lord have mercy. Not good sight at all.

1 Like

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by steve308(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
honestly this is bad, even though she stole looking at her they should know she desperately needed wat she stole and doesn't deserve to be beaten to death wat a heartless world we are in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Marthaodion(f): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is sad.
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
Zehner:

Nigeria is indeed a zoo!

Eyaaaa! It is an obvious law of human nature that we will flee what is unpleasant & distasteful, while charm & the promise of delight will draw us like moths to a flame.

You could have atleast, volunteered to take her into your house & nurse her back to life instead of just calling Nigeria a zoo. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by surestakes: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
We have a really long way to go undecided
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by laurel03(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Everything about Nigeria they upside down.. #jagajaga society

1 Like

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Zehner(f): 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ramanto:
yes I would cause that's the kind of person I am. Plus she was a good woman too

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Atheistan: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
no NGOs here or what??
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by omoluabi001(m): 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
wooow!!!! I saw the woman just now while I was driving by.... She Look really sick....wish there's something I could do.
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Firstlieutenant(m): 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
Why are these things always happening in Ibadan.
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Parpor(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
So sad starring at the image...May God Almighty help us
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by mrZENographer: 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
O MY GOD CAN A GOOD SAMARITAN BRING HER TO TheLords Chosen @Ijesha Bustop.

1 Like

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Tunami(m): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
i feel like crying. Am suspecting that some of does people that beat this lady are members of nairaland.anyway rip to her
Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by holyokoto(m): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Most of you are here yelling, abusing unknown people. If it bother you much, Ibadan is part of Nigerian. You can all go there and rescue her than calling Nigerian names

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Zehner:

Nigeria is indeed a zoo!

then you are one of the animals in the zoo!

4 Likes

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by irondome: 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ramanto:

Seriously!!! Even after reading this piece of information about her?

Some of us fail to realize what makes us human, It's not our IQ or intelligence as other animals like dogs have shown they could also be trained and cultured. Love defines humanity; love and empathy. We stop being human the moment we relegate these values to the subconscious.

To directly answer your question, those who carried her off the road and gave her some food to eat, "did something for her", irrespective of how little that may look. Everyone can pitch in, irrespective of how little.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) by Zehner(f): 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
sulesadat:
of Cos. ...I didn't argue it did I? How do u beat up some one that looks like this? Isn't it obvious she hungry undecided ....*smh

then you are one of the animals in the zoo!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasir Ajanah Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Isolation Centre / Three Sisters With Werewolf Syndrome Fear They'll Never Get Married / What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.