Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? (1513 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by webprof(m): 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2009
With the kickoff for a new season around the corner, and record breaking deals every nook and cranny of the world of football, Arsenal (gunners) , loosing their most priced possession Adebayo, is their hope for a truphy in our cabinet this season?
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by MrCrackles(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2009
webprof:

With the kickoff for a new season around the corner, and record breaking deals every nook and cranny of the world of football, Arsenal (gunners) , loosing their most priced possession Adebayor, is their hope for a truphy in our cabinet this season?

No he was never!
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by webprof(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2009
what do you mean?
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by MrCrackles(m): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2009
webprof:

what do you mean?

If you know anything about Arsenal, the highlighted part of you post above, wont drop on the forum! cool
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by HNIC(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2009
TTBD!
thread to be discontinued!
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by MrCrackles(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2009
HNIC:

TTBD!
thread to be discontinued!

grin cheesy grin
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by HarryPotter1(m): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2009
I think dis webprof would be banned 4rm posting topics.wat do u know in football not 2 talk about Gunners.Adebayor is never and will never be their key player.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by galatico(m): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2009
No hope for the gunners, Arsene Wenger the f**king Professor just sold Fourth Position to Manchester City
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by WarfyBoy(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2009
OBVIOUSLY NO!
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by ayusman16(m): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2009
galatico:

No hope for the gunners, Arsene Wenger the f**king Professor just sold Fourth Position to Manchester City

How? why? when? did u say Arsenal? What about Liverpool, Man. United or Chelsea?
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by hooged: 3:13am On Aug 07, 2009
Arsenal lack depth,name their consistent back four? Which of their strikers can score 20 goals in a season. Fcukin injury prone, inexperience and incosistence team. Rule rule rule united unto God.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Zicblingz(m): 9:04am On Aug 07, 2009
ARSENAL ARSENAL u l neva stp mkin me lol
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Phony200(m): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2009
Injury-prone or not, selling off players or not, Arsenal will still make top 4, I daresay even maybe top 3. One thing you all should know is no matter which position they finished last season, you can't discount the number of wins and relatively few losses. Add that to the unbeaten run they finished the season with and you have to admit there's a lot of potential. They may not win the league but I don't think they're too far away from breaking the nearlymen tag. That's not to say how close they are either as the drought may still stretch for some time still. . .
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Kelvinj(m): 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2009
galatico:

wenger just sold his positiön by pricing witout buying dis season
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Sauron1: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
Phony200:

Injury-prone or not, selling off players or not, Arsenal will still make top 4, I daresay even maybe top 3. One thing you all should know is no matter which position they finished last season, you can't discount the number of wins and relatively few losses. Add that to the[b] unbeaten run they finished the season with and you have to admit there's a lot of potential[/b]. They may not win the league but I don't think they're too far away from breaking the nearlymen tag. That's not to say how close they are either as the drought may still stretch for some time still. . .

Which unbeaten run are we talking about?

In the league, Chelsea battered em bluish blackish at the Emirates. . . . .They lost 1-4.
In the UCL, United massacred em 1-0/3-1 in both legs.
In the FA cup, Chelsea pipped em 2-1.
So whatz the unbeaten run? Maybe u meant unWINNING run. grin grin grin
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by vic4vi(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2009
visit http://www.uthinkuknowfootball..com/
and leave ur comment there also
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by chidichris(m): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2009
I think dis webprof would be banned 4rm posting topics.wat do u know in football not 2 talk about Gunners.Adebayor is never and will never be their key player.

@harry potter,
sure adebayor is never a key player çn arsenal but who is? maybe ebue or is it possible arsenal does not have key player(s)
if am not mistaken, he was arsenal's highest scorrer last season and if he is, what else or how can u rate a player high.
in your village, how many lions will a man kill before he can be called a lion killer?

@topic,
aresenal has hope for the season but we must learn to know what their expectations are.
on the last day of the season, hull was seen celebrating more than man u just bcs they excaped relegation.
on the side of arsenal, they never wanted the cup last season rather they wanted to be in the top 4 which they did hence their prayer was answered.
arsenal, arsenal fans and their coach shld be able to tell us what their hope is for the season for us to be able to say.
in all, whatever their dream for the season is, i think without injury, they have the players to live up to it.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Chidichris

Your ignorance is alarming shocked shocked shocked

Last season's top scorer was Robin van Persie. Adebayor scored 16 while Bendtner had an impressive tally of 15. . . not bad eh. Eduardo's scoring rate was exceptional too. . .Cesc, RVP and Arshavin were our key players last season.

@topic,
aresenal has hope for the season but we must learn to know what their expectations are.
on the last day of the season, hull was seen celebrating more than man u just bcs they excaped relegation.
on the side of arsenal, they never wanted the cup last season rather they wanted to be in the top 4 which they did hence their prayer was answered.
arsenal, arsenal fans and their coach shld be able to tell us what their hope is for the season for us to be able to say.
in all, whatever their dream for the season is, i think without injury, they have the players to live up to it.

How can you even confidently say that? So they spent the whole season trying to come fourth? Give me a break!
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by HNIC(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2009
chidichris:

@harry potter,
sure adebayor is never a key player çn arsenal but who is? maybe ebue or is it possible arsenal does not have key player(s)
if am not mistaken, he was arsenal's highest scorrer last season and if he is, what else or how can u rate a player high.
Dude,you are[b] 'mistaken'[/b]
adebayor was NOT arsenal's highest scorer last season tongue
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
No hope for them.
Another trophyless season awaits.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by MrCrackles(m): 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
BlueDiva:

No hope for them.
Another trophyless season awaits.

U don come again, nor make i swear for you oo! tongue
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
U don come again, nor make i swear for you oo!

How you doing kiddo? cheesy tongue
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by MrCrackles(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
BlueDiva:

How you doing kiddo? cheesy tongue

Doing good OAP wink
U?
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2009
Doing good OAP
U?

grin grin grin
We OAPs are doing great.
Yesterday is a testimony.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by manmustwac(m): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2009
sorry no hope for the gonners gunners this season or next season for that matter smiley
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by bydot1(m): 12:30am On Aug 11, 2009
We never can tell
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by tocdee(m): 7:29am On Aug 11, 2009
ahonohai:

How can you even confidently say that? So they spent the whole season trying to come fourth? Give me a break!

Errm. . .of course not!! angry angry They tried for fifth but when they saw Villa slipping up, they fancied fourth. No way did they spend the whole of last season trying to come fourth!!!! Don't mind chidichris.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by FBS: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2009
@topic:
Of course there is always hope even for The Arses.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by chidichris(m): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Chidichris

Your ignorance is alarming

Last season's top scorer was Robin van Persie. Adebayor scored 16 while Bendtner had an impressive tally of 15. . . not bad eh. Eduardo's scoring rate was exceptional too. . .Cesc, RVP and Arshavin were our key players last season.

@topic,

@ahonohai,
are u this hot tempered? did i offend u? well, am sorry but if there is anyone u can get angry with, it has to be wenger. he rejoiced after confirming his position which warranted him to be part of the champions league which aston villa threathend last season.
no matter how u look at it, any player that is in the first 11 of a any team is a key player. adebayo and toure were all key players in arsenal.
from the way sound, are u hoping to win the league this season or do u want to win champions league? in any case, dreams are allowed but machines must be in place to achieve certain dreams. wenger is always talking about his young side, do u think the youngstars are now matured enough for the job? i mean trophy.
better soup na better money. money controls football. the more good players u buy, the more expectations u have on them.
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by azeeza(f): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2009
u dnt judge a book by its cover.the young gun will surely come wit a surprise package.IN WENGER I BLIEVE grin
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by eldee(m): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
If anything, Everton, not Man City is our biggest threat this season.
There are some coaches that have what it takes to break into the Top-Four . . . Mark Hughes is not one of them.

This is not the Bundesliga where the best teams cannot hold a candle against Zenith St Petersburg
This is the Premier League, Liverpool won the Champions League from fifth position.
You cannot break into the top four with a team full of Big-Four rejects.

Of all the players Man City have bought, how many of them have played important roles in their respective old teams??
Just Gareth Barry and Shay Given.

Robinho was useless to Madrid, Tevez spent half of last season begging Fergie for a shirt . . . should we go on to Wayne Bridge and SWP??
Ade was a regular Arsenal boo-boy, Toure was there and AW went after Vemaleen.(Only God knows what happened to him)
Ade's case was hilarious, he got an offer from Man City and he kept begging Fergie and AC Milan to come get him. grin grin
This is a team of rejects . . . Top four teams are cultivated not gathered!!!

Arsenal's UCL space is a birthright, at least for this season . . .
Re: Is There Hope For The Gunners This Season? by MrCrackles(m): 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2009
eldee:

This is a team of rejects . . . Top four teams are cultivated not gathered!!!

Spot on legendary Eldee. . . . wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

English Young Player's Award: Who Will Win? / John Terry's Wife Agrees To Give Cheating England And Chelsea Captain 'one Last / Setanta Sports Are Such Crap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.