Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

Twenty Episode 11 (A Story Of Suspense, Murder And Revenge) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twenty Episode 11 (A Story Of Suspense, Murder And Revenge) (630 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / In The World Of 3 Women (A Romance Suspense Story by Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Twenty Episode 11 (A Story Of Suspense, Murder And Revenge) by PenAStory: 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/04/05/twenty-episode-11/

Excerpt From Episode 10:

“What? Who’s there ? Chi is everything alright” Mrs. Beebs, one of the neighbors who everybody said had the faintest heart ever known to mankind asked, her face ashen with fright even though she had not seen what made Chioma scream.

“Gift?” Mrs. Ugochukwu asked in a confused tone as she stared at the stranger standing a bit confused.

“I am here ma,” Gift’s voice came from the other end of the room, “that is my twin sister, Grace.”

To read episode 10, visit profile or www.penastory.com

“Your twin sister? I never knew you were a twin.”

“I am.” Gift said walking towards the door with a smile on her face, “I mentioned I had a sister, I just never mentioned she is a twin.”

“Do come in my dear, any family of Gift’s is welcomed in my house. Chioma, you scared us all with that scream,” Mrs. Ugochukwu said with false bravado and smiled affectionately at her daughter. The other guests laughed and continued with their chatter after ascertaining that there was no cause for alarm.

Grace entered into the tastefully furnished living room and hugged her sister.

“You are late,” Gift hissed in Grace’s ear as they embraced.

“I am sorry about that. I thought you would have gone by now. What do we do now?” The two of them were walking towards the drinks table as they talked.

“You have just set everything back by revealing yourself Grace. We were not supposed to be seen together dammit.” Gift was barely trying to control her rage. This wasn’t part of the plan. Grace wasn’t supposed to have made such a dramatic appearance but trust it to her to always want to appear in grand style without thinking of how her actions affected others.

“Relax, I have a new plan is why I did what I did.” Gift handed her look alike sister a bottle of Orijin drink. She controlled her anger by taking a sip of her own stronger Vodka to match the burning retort that was on the tip of her tongue.

“You can’t just change plans and expect everyone to know what is going on. What the hell is wrong with you? David is not going to be pleased with this you know.” Gift and David barely got along and the mention of his name brought a wry smile to her face.

“Screw David, I couldn’t care less what he thinks. I am doing this for you and not him. He should have died when that bitch stabbed him. I wish he did.” Grace turned around and scanned the room looking for Chioma with her eyes. Her eyes rested on Chioma who was talking to Maryam in another corner of the room. “How did that small thing overpower him though? She looks so fragile. I guess one can never judge a book by its cover.”

“Stop that now! Stop it this minute Grace. You have ruined the plans and I am trying to think. I am never able to get any thinking done when you go on yarping like that. That man in question is my fiancé.”

“Bite me! Your fiancé tried to screw your boss’ daughter sweets. When would you grow up and…” Grace trailed off as she saw Chioma turn towards them.

“Hush now would you, someone might over hear you.”

“She is quite pretty.” Grace ignored her sister’s worried tone and stared right back at Chioma as if sizing her up. “I should go apologize for scaring the wits out of her the other time.”

“Don’t you dare move near her.” Gift hissed furiously but Grace paid no attention. With her drink in hand she weaved her way through guests and approached Chioma who was staring at her with an unwavering gaze as if it was an enemy that was coming towards her to deal a death stroke.

“She is heading towards us,” Chioma said between clenched teeth to Maryam who had her back to the position where Grace and Gift were standing. They had been arguing prior to the announcement and Maryam whirled around and watched with narrowed eyes as the topic of their conversation arrived, barely giving her time to collect her thoughts together.

“I am sorry for startling you earlier, I didn’t know my sister didn’t mention me before. Our resemblance has many people unsettled. We got into a lot of mischief as children.”

“I can imagine,” Chioma said dryly bristling at the patronizing tone in Grace’s voice. Maryam shot Chioma a warning look and turned back to Grace.

“I always wanted to be a twin and I have met identical twins in times past but I must say yours and Gift’s quite uncanny.”

“You don’t say,” Chioma muttered sarcastically, “if you would excuse me, I need to retire to my room.” With that, she brushed past Grace without so much as another glance and headed towards her bedroom.

“What’s with her? She seems pretty jumpy.”

“She lost her boyfriend recently, a friend of David’s. He used to work for her mother.”

“The one that was murdered?”

“Murdered?” Maryam’s voice was incredulous.

“Ermm..pardon me. The one that died in an…” Grace’s voice trailed off as she realized her error too late that she had said too much. How come they didn’t have the details? Gift wasn’t going to be happy she had giving that detail.

“What do you know about Matthew’s death?” Maryam queried.

“Nothing. I should go join my sister. I just wanted to apologize to your friend for startling her the other time.” with that, Grace hurried off leaving Maryam staring at her retreating back with deep suspicion in her eyes. How come nobody had mentioned murder before? That wasn’t what she had been told. Maryam knew for a certainty now that something fishy was definitely going on and whatever it was, she had to get to the bottom of it fast before anyone else got hurt.

Source : PenAStory www.penastory.com

Re: Twenty Episode 11 (A Story Of Suspense, Murder And Revenge) by daprofo: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Get your poems or short stories published with us for free. It's as easy as ABC. Get published and have the whole of Africa, and the rest of the world reading your works. We'll help you all the way through.
Send maximum of two poems (not more than forty lines each) and/or one short story (maximum of 4,000 words) to writersafriq@gmail.com.
Send it either in the body of the mail or in an attachment. Also put a brief biographical statement (not more than 150 words) & a recent clear picture of yours.

WritersAfrique Team www.writersafriq.
Re: Twenty Episode 11 (A Story Of Suspense, Murder And Revenge) by daprofo: 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
Get your poems or short stories published with us for free. It's as easy as ABC. Get published and have the whole of Africa, and the rest of the world reading your works. We'll help you all the way through.
Send maximum of two poems (not more than forty lines each) and/or one short story (maximum of 4,000 words) to writersafriq@gmail.com.
Send it either in the body of the mail or in an attachment. Also put a brief biographical statement (not more than 150 words) & a recent clear picture of yours.

WritersAfrique Team www.writersafriq.

(1) (Reply)

Five Demotivator Generator That Stops Your Zillionaire Life Dream / The Sweetest Maggi / Spic Exclusive Interview With Ghanian Poet Nana Arhin Tsiwah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.