Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,966 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Peugeot 406 Common Issues - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Peugeot 406 Common Issues (4362 Views)

Registered Peugeot 406 For Sale.. / Please What Are The Common Issues With 2002 Nissan Maxima / Sold! Sold!! Sold!!! Reg. Peugeot 406 For Sale @ 650k (abuja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 406 Common Issues by gbeseun(m): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
I wanted to buy a Nigerian used Peugeot 406 from. A guy who lived in surulere and work In highland. Pls guys what ate the common faults and things to check before purchase, I have used honda and pencil light before but I don't have idea of what to check and common faults on Peugeot cars. Guys Pls help me, the odometer reads 150k as at today and the owner told me he changed engine last December.
Re: Peugeot 406 Common Issues by gbeseun(m): 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
Guys Pls help me solve the riddle and don't just view, help ur brother na
Re: Peugeot 406 Common Issues by drags: 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ionno much mate...but I do know that @high mileage status the Peugeot 406 has timing chain ishs...my advice tho is for u to get a car with regular parts n service personnel availability....eg Toyota n Honda like u've used already...Best of luck!
Re: Peugeot 406 Common Issues by kingreign(m): 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
drags:
Ionno much mate...but I do know that @high mileage status the Peugeot 406 has timing chain ishs...my advice tho is for u to get a car with regular parts n service personnel availability....eg Toyota n Honda like u've used already...Best of luck!

Not the peugeot 406 I know

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 406 Common Issues by Ajuwon(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
I have used one before. the commonest problems with 406 is overheating and this comes about as a result of the following:

1. the water pump is plastic in nature and located at the bottom part of the engine, so when driven on a stony or rough road, there is the tendency that the water pump may break and this might result in overheating

2. the radiator is partly plastic and steel, so when there is any leakage from the radiator, it could cause overheating,

as for the water pump, when it gets broken, you can buy the iron water pump, in fact in my case, I changed the water pump about 3 times until I got the iron water pump and that brought an end to overheating issues for me.

sincerely 406 is a very sweet ride and I intend to buy one very soon again
Re: Peugeot 406 Common Issues by gbeseun(m): 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
Thanks guys very useful information. I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

BUY AND OWN A CAR,BUS,SUV ON LOAN WITH 30% PAYMENT ONLY, <Click WhatsApp Link> / Foreign Used 2008 Toyota Camry N3.1m / Fairly Used Nissan Primera 1995 Model Sgx For Sale (295k)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.